DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Isn't Dreamwalking a skill that one can have, sorta like Min's viewing. And Dreaming an OP-related thing? Rather than titles that the WO or the WT grant?

To my understanding, Dreamwalking (one's conciousness being able to enter and to some extent manipulate TAR) is a skill that someone either has or they don't, but under the right circumstances they can learn how to do it.  I don't think that it's related to the OP though.  Unless I'm misremembering, just about all the Wise Ones can dreamwalk and enter TAR, but not all of them can channel.  I may be mistaken, of course.

Dreaming (foretelling via dreams) I think is an ability that someone either has or they don't.  It may be related to the OP, in that just about everyone in the series we've seen who can either fortell or dream has been a channeler, but it's not closely related enough to the power that one can learn a weave to duplicate it's effect.  It may be possible that someone who can't channel might be able to fortell or dream (aside from Min's thing), but if it is possible, we haven't seen it.

Neither Dreamwalking nor Dreaming are necessarily OP-related. Non-channelers can have the skills and channelers who can enter TaR don't necessarily qualify as Dreamers.

Dreamwalking is not related to the OP, but Dreaming, which is a sort of Foretelling, most definitely is. The two things are very, very different and essentially unrelated though it makes sense that someone with the Talent for Dreaming might be a quick learner when it comes to Dreamwalking.

There's a dream ALL three of them have - the one about "the Bowl of Winds, the one who is not," etc.

Since Bair and Seane are two of the trio of Aiel Dreamwalkers, (Amys, Seane, Bair) they must have had it.

Bair cannot channel, I don't think Seane can channel either.

Hence non-channelers can be dreamers as well as dreamwalkers.

I actually have a question. Does any one has any idea who was the blade master that Tam killed? Why did he kill him? Why the man deserved to be killed and yet Tam hates it?

Any ideas?

No we don't know too much about the incident, not even if Tam actually killed somebody for sure.

We know that Tam received the heron-mark sword from the King of Ilian where he was the highest ranked non-Ilianer officer.

He must have either fought in a competition with several other swordmasters as judges or he must have fought a duel against a guy who had already won the heron mark.

We have reason to believe that he did fight a duel and kill the other guy and possibly took wounds for it due to his statement that the "sword was not worth even coppers but I paid a big price for it" (paraphrasing).

RJ had intended to write a prequel about Tam's life so this could there somewhere in the notes. 

Veins of Gold. Rand seems to remember more than just Lews Therins lives now. Is that right? I took it that he has somehow become the Dragon fully now, what with him saying that and the prophecy at the end saying "when the many become one."

Another reference to the Bible maybe? "My name is Legion, for we are many."

Rand killed High Lord Turak in the Great Hunt in front of like 20 people and did not claim his sword. so Rand is technically a Blademaster 

He also killed him with his own heron marked sword, that was given to him by Tam. Plus he was trained by the best Swordsman alive in Lan.

Hi you Dragonmount Guru's!

nice thread this, so i'll ask away. (My second post, although i've read lots on these forums)

First question that comes to my mind is this: How did the Dark One get Lanfear of the 'Land of the Finns'?

Sure, he is the Lord of the Grave, but we kinda know Moraine isn't dead, so i think it is safe to assume Lanfear/Cyndane wasn't killed by the ter'angreal either. Does he have some power in 'Finnland'?

Anyone can shed some Light here? (I am aware i made some assumptions here: Moraine=alive and Lanfear=Cyndane, but they seem pretty safe)

Thanks,

Tom

You might be thinking of Mogheidian (i cant spell obviously...)

hey everyone, new to the forums, but have been reading the series for over 10 years (I average about one re-read a year).

Anyways the question I have is in regards to Worms, are they described anywhere? Like what they look like, how big they are etc?

Also the things in the passes that the Worms are afraid of, do we have any inkling as to what they are and if they'll make an appearance in the LB?

I've always been very curious as to what they were ever since they were mentioned in tEOtW.

There's a brief discussion of "Worm" by Sammael who describes them as Jumaira (another Aginor creation) that don't mutate as they were supposed to. (LoC)

Wyrm is an olde English spelling and it's often used to describe Western dragons (the evil fire-spewing beasts).

That doesn't mean we have a clear description of them. Except that they can give fluting cries and Lan says they're only killed by being chopped to bits.

Yes we do, she passed his bond to a Green Sister, who's name I can't pull right now.

Which means Lan is no longer bonded to Moiraine, so there will be no effect. The Green Sister is dragging her feet passing the bond to Nynaeve though. But I think now it's because they are no longer in the same place.

There's a brief discussion of "Worm" by Sammael who describes them as Jumaira (another Aginor creation) that don't mutate as they were supposed to. (LoC)

Wyrm is an olde English spelling and it's often used to describe Western dragons (the evil fire-spewing beasts).

That doesn't mean we have a clear description of them. Except that they can give fluting cries and Lan says they're only killed by being chopped to bits.

The use of the term "Worm" by RJ may also be a tip of the hat to Frank Hurbert and his Dune series.

Yes we do, she passed his bond to a Green Sister, who's name I can't pull right now.

Which means Lan is no longer bonded to Moiraine, so there will be no effect. The Green Sister is dragging her feet passing the bond to Nynaeve though. But I think now it's because they are no longer in the same place.

That would be Myrelle, I also recall Lan mentioning something to Rand just after Moirane and Lanfear disappeared that he could no longer sense her and that she must be dead as his bond had passed to Myrelle and he had to go.

Somebody posted a questiona about Rand interaction with the Black Ajah.

Just wondering if anyone else notice how when he meets the embassy from Elaida he says Galina is one of Alviarin's friends. So he might have suspected she was BA, what do u think?