DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Still I wonder what is going on at the Seanchan part of the blight. Thanks for the info guys ^^

Seeing as they've never encountered a trolloc, probably not a lot.

Apparently the Seanchan area had all the Grolms, Rakens and warlike Ogiers and between them, they wiped out the Shadowspawn after the Breaking. But I've read a theory that the Blight is actually connected by land in the deep North where it's all ice.

So I guess trollocs and suchlike could be sent off by GLoD if he considred it necessary.

Is Mat's spear the one he notes on the way into the heart of Rhuidean

It's the naginata/ Ashanderei that he was hanged from in Rhuidean.

Do we know how long it takes a fade to mature?

and

Can Fain still kind of feel where Rand/Mat/Perrin are if they are close?

The trolloc -fade lifespan, maturity etc, is fuzzy but RJ may have answered this in some Q&A session.

Fain can still feel Rand for sure.

If the bubbles of evil are the Dark One touching the World, does this mean that when the Seals fail he will be able to generate more of them? Has it been mentioned whether they occurred at all before the Seals were in place during the Age of Legends.

I would imagine they would, because there wasn't even a seal in place. If they are happening with just like 1 or 2 seals in place for this time period, i would imagine the AoL were seeing much more terrible bubbles than what we're seeing now in the books.

Is Mat's spear the one he notes on the way into the heart of Rhuidean

It's the naginata/ Ashanderei that he was hanged from in Rhuidean.

Yeah, i know but are they the same thing because if so is it not a ter'angreal?

It is not a Ter'angreal. It's just a really cool spear thingy.

It is not a Ter'angreal. It's just a really cool spear thingy.

So it's NOT the one from Rhuidean. Sorry for asking something that seems so obvious but there was a black hafted spear in Rhuidean then Mat had a spear thats balck hafted and i thought they might have been the same

Mat's spear which he calls an ashan'derei (and it's called a Naginata in Japan) was a black hafted weapon from Rhuidean.

It has a black wooden haft with ravens and an old tongue saying inscribed.

The business end consists of a single-bladed sword.

It is power-wrought. Hence, unlikely to break under normal stress and strain and the blade doesn't need to be sharpened

He was hanged from it, the spear was suspended from the tree of life and the rope was tied to the spear with the noose round his neck.

The naginata is not a ter'angreal.

It is just a naginata, albeit a good one.

Mat's ter'angreal is a medallion with an fox inscribed on it.

Does this help?

I think he was comparing it to the spear terangreal....

I am pretty sure there was one in Rhuidean standing freely on its own.

Exactly because then he wouldnt need to walk as far, he could just prop it up in the middle of a room. I was also thinking if it was the ter'angreal spear then we havent actually seen what it does other than stand unnaturally straight, buuuut as it isnt there's no need for me to do any more thinking

The balefire that was done on Graendal's palace, was the strength like divided among the victims or did each victim receive the full strength?

When Rand attacked Semirhage and Elza, was it one balefire or two balefires?

I guess two since Elza was able to move after Semirhage was destroyed.

The balefire that was done on Graendal's palace, was the strength like divided among the victims or did each victim receive the full strength?

This is a simple question but it doesn't have a simple indisputable answer.

I'd suggest you post this question in the http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,49645.0.html thread (Title: No Balefire does not work like that). You'll get both answers from different posters there and the ensuing argument should help to clarify your own thoughts.

When Rand attacked Semirhage and Elza, was it one balefire or two balefires?

I guess two since Elza was able to move after Semirhage was destroyed.

Yes, he hit them with two separate streams of BF.

Has anyone seen any of the new wot characters won through the lottery? Those that the winning readers could name personally and possibly even give some background for. I forgot to look for it myself when I read the book, perhaps someone else noticed?

Bumping this :)

And adding the BS link:

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/750/Do-You-Want-to-Appear-in-A-Memory-of-Light

So it's NOT the one from Rhuidean. Sorry for asking something that seems so obvious but there was a black hafted spear in Rhuidean then Mat had a spear thats balck hafted and i thought they might have been the same

Mat's spear which he calls an ashan'derei (and it's called a Naginata in Japan) was a black hafted weapon from Rhuidean.

It isn't from Rhuidean.  Its from the realms of the Finn

It isn't from Rhuidean.  Its from the realms of the Finn

Personally, I would assume that it belonged to one of the previous visitors to the Finn, however, if that were actually the case, one might conclude that Mat should remember using it in the past (which we are never told he does).

We haven't really seen any evidence regarding the Warder bond with men who can channel. It's my understanding that the Warder bond works the same for all men, regardless wether they channel or not.

Well we know that those that can channel can't be 'forced' through the bond – Alanna tried on Rand and completely failed. Also, we know that only channellers can mask their bond – Avi can, Min and Birgitte can't.

So there are certainly some differences when the bondee can channel.

Just to bring this back to light. I was under the impression that the only reason that she could not force him through the bond was because he was holding Saidin at the time. I thought I remember something being said in the later books.

Omg..that would be awesome to have one.

But was it a thing of the Power? Or technology?

If it is a ter'angreal, then Elayne might be able to teach others to make more, and do so herself.

I believe RJ (but maybe it was BS) told us that it was something like a LASER rifle, that it works kind of like that weird Ter'angreal that dazed Elayne in KoD (I think that Ter'angreal was compared to a gun, where a Shock Lance was more of a rifle).

In any event, Elayne won't make them. It's forbidden by the 2nd Oath, and even if she doesn't swear in the immediate future (as I think is probable, now that Egwene has the Tower) she still tries to live by the Oaths (Egwene won't tolerate a different behavior, I think).

Does Egwene know that Verin did Compulsion on the Aes Sedia?

If so, was it in the books or in a letter Verin put in either?

Since we got to see the entire conversation they had, and presumably the notebook only deals with the Shadow, I'd say she doesn't. Every sister has her secrets, and supposedly they often take secret weaves to their graves with them.