DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

There are alot of prophecies out there that are expected to be fulfilled in ToM.

Bear in mind that BS has said that there are going to be some number of prophecies that will remain unfulfilled by the time the last book is written and the series ends.  Yes, some have to be fulfilled, but we may never know just what the "blade of light, three are one" refers to if it refers to something after the last battle.

I would imagine the Blade of Light would be someone using Callandor with 2 women to guide it. What blade shines like a beacon, when being used. Callandor of course. Whether it'll be Rand using it is still suspect.

not sure if this was an error in TGS, and ive not seen it mentioned.

at the part where Rand go's to see the Borderlanders a little after that Nyn referes to the CK access key as a Ter'angreal, i always thought is was a sa'angreal?

is the sa'angreal the huge part of it and the access key a ter'angreal?

Hi you Dragonmount Guru's!

nice thread this, so i'll ask away. (My second post, although i've read lots on these forums)

First question that comes to my mind is this: How did the Dark One get Lanfear of the 'Land of the Finns'?

Sure, he is the Lord of the Grave, but we kinda know Moraine isn't dead, so i think it is safe to assume Lanfear/Cyndane wasn't killed by the ter'angreal either. Does he have some power in 'Finnland'?

Anyone can shed some Light here? (I am aware i made some assumptions here: Moraine=alive and Lanfear=Cyndane, but they seem pretty safe)

Thanks,

Tom

Tom-

I've often wondered this, myself. My own theory on it is that Moiraine (who we all know is an evil genius when it comes to cleverly out-manipulating others) actually used the Finn's game of wishes and such to kill Lanfear. It's also possible that Lanfear tried to channel too much and that/the Finns killed her for it. Remember- no channeling in Finnland.

I agree with this and expand,  I think the Finns had held her soul captive, and the DO took it from them, which is what caused a tear since he stole it from someone who already had it but it wasn't destroyed. (Mashadar)  Which is why she is weaker in Cyndane from, although not a lot.

i think that lanfear died at the hands of the finns. whats she would have asked for would have got her killed, think of what happened to mat? the DO could only take the souls of  those bounf to him so that makes sense. Moiraine was skilled in negotiating and she had the experience of mat to know what to do. she may even have tricked them in2 helping out

Lots of discussion of him, and his strange powers, and his rather unusual sense of humour.

Any overwhelmingly popular theories?

Lots of bickering about whether Carridin version was exactly the same. A couple of RJ quotes that have been parsed in many different way. Some disagreement on how much independent volition he has. Relevant threads: 

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,32563.0.html

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,50753.0.html

Personally I think it's useful to think of him as Vice-President, HR, GLoD Inc.

He does the induction and exit interviews for Chosen - and pulls people up, if they've been underperforming or displaying a negative attitude.

People have been talking about another sa'angreal attuned for a man that is more powerful than callandor but I don't think it exists.  Lanfear's words were:

Two great sa'angreal were made just before the end, one that you can use, one that I can.  Far greater than that sword.

So it seems that there was only one sa'angreal more powerful than callandor that Rand could use, but he broke it.  The second more powerful sa'angreal was for women...Ironically Rand broke that one too.

The quote people are referring to is this one.

“I cannot trust you fully, Lews Therin. Not yet.” She came closer, and he considered simply seizing her. He was bigger and stronger by far - and blocked as he was, she could wrap him up with the Power like a kitten tangled in a ball of string. “Not with that, certainly,” she added, grimacing at Callandor. “There are only two more powerful that a man can use. One at least, I know, still exists. No, Lews Therin. I will not trust you yet with that.”

[tSR: 9, Decisions]

“I cannot trust you fully, Lews Therin. Not yet.” She came closer, and he considered simply seizing her. He was bigger and stronger by far - and blocked as he was, she could wrap him up with the Power like a kitten tangled in a ball of string. “Not with that, certainly,” she added, grimacing at Callandor. “There are only two more powerful that a man can use. One at least, I know, still exists. No, Lews Therin. I will not trust you yet with that.”

I wonder what the other one is... the CK and something else. i doubt it will come into play because the series is pretty much over. that, or taim has it, because hes just that cool

There are alot of prophecies out there that are expected to be fulfilled in ToM.

Bear in mind that BS has said that there are going to be some number of prophecies that will remain unfulfilled by the time the last book is written and the series ends.  Yes, some have to be fulfilled, but we may never know just what the "blade of light, three are one" refers to if it refers to something after the last battle.

I would imagine the Blade of Light would be someone using Callandor with 2 women to guide it. What blade shines like a beacon, when being used. Callandor of course. Whether it'll be Rand using it is still suspect.

Which, doesn't necessarily have to happen before the last battle.  Not that I'm saying that this is what happens, I just picked a random prophecy that people are debating about back and forth that could very well happen after the books are over.

so if the proohacies are never to be fulfilled how will Rand be able to win?  Hence this proves that the DO wins in the end!!!!!!!

HALP MEEEEEEEEEE

I didn't say the prophecies are never to be fulfilled, just that they might be fulfilled after the last battle and after the books are over.  Remember the scene near the end of TGS where the AS are commenting about how they know they must win because some of Min's viewings could only happen after they win the last battle.  Who knows which prophecies we're discussing fall into the same line as these viewings.

I wonder what the other one is... the CK and something else. i doubt it will come into play because the series is pretty much over. that, or taim has it, because hes just that cool

Cool? Oh Light Yes.. He's so ultra-suave, he'll likely decide to go grace some Camelyn "Gentlemen's Club" some evening, hoping to catch some "Wenches Gone Whack" action and just to be Mr. Bad Arse, stick the missing ter'angreal in his pocket. Because we all know a bad arse must assuredly go about Packin'. Then in the heat of the moment he'll try to "whip it out' to impress some bimbette and shoot hisself in the........ ummm.... foot, (yeah thats it!) with the flamin' thing.

Yo, yo... That crazy Maz-T, bruh'... he's a cool one

What is a "vacuole"? I have seen it mentioned in a few threads, but am glad for this thread so I can ask what the hell it is lol...

A vacoule is a bubble in the fabric of the pattern. Within vacoule time can move differently, you can go in and stay a day, and come out three hundred years later, but there is risk because vacoule can dislodge from the pattern at any time, and when this occurs anything within them are never seen again. Vacoule also seem to have something of the property of TAR about them, and you can create enviroments within them. They studied vacoule in the Age of Legends, and the only time we see them in the series (that we know of) is when Moghedian is kept inside one after she is freed from the a'dam by Aran'gar.

What is a "vacuole"? I have seen it mentioned in a few threads, but am glad for this thread so I can ask what the hell it is lol...

A vacoule is a bubble in the fabric of the pattern. Within vacoule time can move differently, you can go in and stay a day, and come out three hundred years later, but there is risk because vacoule can dislodge from the pattern at any time, and when this occurs anything within them are never seen again. Vacoule also seem to have something of the property of TAR about them, and you can create enviroments within them. They studied vacoule in the Age of Legends, and the only time we see them in the series (that we know of) is when Moghedian is kept inside one after she is freed from the a'dam by Aran'gar.

Thank you Luckers!

... it's important to Rand and schleps it to wherever Rand is (Tear I'd imagine) and then he learns something from it (the jolly dude holds a book) as well as it being the powerful dingus they've been needin.

... Unfortunately in this case you've used a scottish word which means a good whack on the head. "Daddio schelped his wife for not cooking the tea" You can picture the scene, Daddio's wife getting a good smack across the head. Normally someone is schelped after doing something naughty. Kids get schelped a lot more than adults because of their tendency to do naughty things, the fact that they are short, and over here hitting children is not only totally acceptable but an enjoyable passtime.

Actually, no he hasn't. Schlep is definitely not a Scottish word. In fact it's Yiddish. It seems you've misread the spelling of it. Not sure of its origins but "schlepping" an object anywhere is nothing like a "skelp 'roon the lug" in the sense you're talking about.  :)

So i started a reread of the series. i'm halfway thtough EotW and i noticed two things.

1. During rands dream where he ends up withe million mirrors, he sees his face and Ba'alzamons face become one... can this be forsahdowing with the 3 become 1? (LLT being the 3rd)

2. on the flight down the Arinelle on pg 355 they see a tall tower like structure made of metal, with out rust.  Damon says sailors use it as a land mark.  It also mentions that there is no entrance.  is the the Tower of Genji (sp.)?

Hi all!

First time posting here, and there is somehting I´ve been thinking about. How could Rand reach the true power? I thought you needed the Dark ones permission to use it and last time I checked, Rand was one of the good guys

This is a RAFO (read & find out). It's been discussed a lot and speculated about in the Semirhage thread. But there's no definite textual answer yet.

So i started a reread of the series. i'm halfway thtough EotW and i noticed two things.

1. During rands dream where he ends up withe million mirrors, he sees his face and Ba'alzamons face become one... can this be forsahdowing with the 3 become 1? (LLT being the 3rd)

2. on the flight down the Arinelle on pg 355 they see a tall tower like structure made of metal, with out rust.  Damon says sailors use it as a land mark.  It also mentions that there is no entrance.  is the the Tower of Genji (sp.)?

The first point - it may be as good a theory as any.

Second - yes, indeed that is the Tower of G.

ok I have alot of questions about the forsaken from the earlier books cuz i dont have them so bear with me....

1)was Lanfear's "domain" T'A'R? I remember that in like tDR she was talking to Ishy about it....

2)was Moggy based in Tanchico?

3) how did aginor die in the eye of the world?

4) was there a forsaken based in Cairhien?

and also

5) are there male dreamers?

6)if so, is Rand a dreamer because he can access T'A'R?

7) also, if there are male dreamers, are all the male forsaken dreamers because they can all access T'A'R?

thank you very much whoever answers these questions

ok I have alot of questions about the forsaken from the earlier books cuz i dont have them so bear with me....

1)was Lanfear's "domain" T'A'R? I remember that in like tDR she was talking to Ishy about it....

2)was Moggy based in Tanchico?

3) how did aginor die in the eye of the world?

4) was there a forsaken based in Cairhien?

and also

5) are there male dreamers?

6)if so, is Rand a dreamer because he can access T'A'R?

7) also, if there are male dreamers, are all the male forsaken dreamers because they can all access T'A'R?

thank you very much whoever answers these questions

1. Lanfear's domain is T'A'R. It's been described that she has control over T'A'R that the other forsaken wish they had.

2. Moggy never really had a base of operations, as she also operates out of T'A'R. She is is a;most as strong their as Lanfear.

3. Rand seized the pool of power at the EoTW and consumed Aginor in flames. It was the first time Rand channeled.

4. As far as we know there were no Forsaken based out of Cairhien.

5. As far as i know, i don't think Dreamers are relegated to only being women.

6. I don't believe Rand is a Dreamer. He's just an extremely strong ta'veren. Because of that, i believe the pattern reveals itself to him, to help guide him in some way, in what he must accomplish.

7. None of the Forsaken are Dreamers, IMO. It seems to me that they have to physically enter T'A'R. From what I've read it just seems a logical guess. I know the Male Forsaken aren't. I can't really say about Moggy and Lanfear. Also anyone who can channel and is strong enough to open a gateway, can physically enter T'A'R if they are tought the weaves.

I hope that kinda sheds some light on some subjects. However, i could be wrong about things.