DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

I believe there are only three Aiel dreamwalkers (four counting Egwene ;D)...and they are all with Rand or roaming.

That pbly explains it. But bad planning by the Wise one dreamwalkers, I would guess they should have attached one of themselves to each of the Ta'varen... but I guess it's not their way, Aes Sedai are a bit more organized I would say...

Perrin doesn't have any Dreamwalkers - Bair, Amys and Melaine are all with/ near Rand.

It should be possible for a DW to connect to an Aiel WO (There are several with Perrin) and leave a msg with her in her dreams.

(Technique Egwene used).

But that would be one-way contact - the non-dreamwalking WO would not be able to contact the DW at her initiation and she may not have enough control to coherently describe a place that's unfamiliar.

Just wanted to add, Perrin's dreams are protected by him being a wolf brother. He discussed that with Moiraine in TEoTW.

It's not perfect, I think Lanfear was able to get him to the World of Dreams in TDR, but she also told Rand she could break his defenses, so that's not an indication of anything.

About the idea itself, it shouldn't be so difficult to tell one of the Wise Ones to get a general idea from Perrin and be ready to convey it the following night. Then a quick search using Gateways should be enough to locate them.

Who has sent Shadowspawn after Rand at Algarin's manor in Tear?

No simple answer is available.

Here's what we do know:

1) The orders were given by one of the Chosen (because Shadowspawn can recognise Chosen and the SS obeyed orders).

2) It isn't Halima-Balthamiel-Aran'gar because we get his-her PoV while Moridin is talking about it.

3) Moridin asks the Chosen to try and figure out what the orders for the raid are.

That's it.

It could even have been Moridin - if he's dissembling knowledge of the incident.

@ <Sharaman>: Thank You!

DragonCon '05

Q34: We know the Tower of Ravens located in the Seanchan capital city is used as an imperial prison, especially for members of the blood. But there is also a reference to the first marath damane shaking the Towers of Midnight. Are the Towers of Midnight also a prison? Can you tell us more about them?

RJ: There are thirteen Towers of Midnight. The Towers of Midnight are a fortress complex, and were, at the time this happened Seandar wasn’t the capital, and the Towers of Midnight were the centre of military might, or the forces that were beginning the consolidation before the conquest of Seanchan.

The conquest of Seanchan? That's before the Empire or Luthair son of Hawkwing?

The conquest of Seanchan? That's before the Empire or Luthair son of Hawkwing?

No, he means the conquest by Luthair's men, also known as the 'consolidation'. If I'm not mistaken, the ToM were a base for the Seanchan-continent AS before they were leashed. I'm not sure where I got this from.

If I'm not mistaken, the ToM were a base for the Seanchan-continent AS before they were leashed. I'm not sure where I got this from.

In TGH ("Damane") Renna tells Egwene the story of Deain who gave Luthair a weapon called an a'dam. She was later collared herself.

Sorry if this question is going to be a bit confusing as I don't have any proper quotes and only a vague memory of what I'm asking about lol. It's about the Seanchan attack on WT. I'm sure Egwene had a dream at some point linked to the attack that involved a woman with a sword? If so was this fulfilled in TGS? I couldn't spot it if it was. Or am I getting two completely unrelated dreams mixed up?

Sorry if this question is going to be a bit confusing as I don't have any proper quotes and only a vague memory of what I'm asking about lol. It's about the Seanchan attack on WT. I'm sure Egwene had a dream at some point linked to the attack that involved a woman with a sword? If so was this fulfilled in TGS? I couldn't spot it if it was. Or am I getting two completely unrelated dreams mixed up?

Somewhat. Checkout the thread about Egwene's Dreams. Basically, there was the Dream with the Ravens knocking the white lamp on top of the Tower, signifying the attack. And then there was the Dream about Egwene hiking on a mountain side and almost falling, only a Seanchan woman offered her help to get to the top.

As far as division goes, I think it is clear that Seanchan are actually helpful in uniting Randland in one way or another (be it uniting people against themselves, or uniting people after conquering them and creating order.)

Not really. Whilst they are good at creating order in the lands they hold, and indeed are uniting those lands together, all they've achieved is a bigger overall division. It's like saying that the creation of the Soviet Union was good for global unity. Sure, it stopped The Ukraine and Georgia from ever going to war (not that I'm saying that they would have done, but you get my point), but it created a far bigger division between the USSR and the USA. (Mosc and Merc, presumably, but that's a whole different debate). If Seanchan had been wiped out by the DO, Rand would have taken each country one by one, been able to spend more time on the Shaido, and probably have marched off to SG two books ago.

The idea that trollocs can't cross to Seanchan can't be right either, there are Ways, and ground (though it is cold), and there are boats (sure Fades afraid of water but enough driving got them even into SL).

Well yes. Although I'm not certain that the Ways exist in Seanchan, and I can't really imagine a boat crewed by shadowspawn, but the land would certainly be viable. So it's clear that the DO had no interest in conquering Seanchan then, yes?

Ukraine actually was in war with USSR in 1920, at least western Ukraine with the Capital of Lviv (I'm from western Ukraine originally). As far as Georgia goes, they asked to be joined to Imperial Russian way before Lenin's grandfather even was born in order to get protection from eastern and southern onslaught of Islam (Georgia and Armenia are actually the only two countries in the region that are Orthodox christian). Your analogy does not simply hold because the example you gave of Georgia and Ukraine being part of USSR happened after WWI and USA did not come to the conflict with USSR until WWII.

In anyway, the presence of Seanchan created a situation that the countries either joined them (through force, I admit, though Seanchan are perfectly OK with getting the oath without blood shed, Arad Doman) or they joined against them (look at what Little Wolf :) was able to achieve) Anyway, in regards to DO not being interested in conquering Seanchan is not very logical. Forsaken did put their hands on Shara to some degree (as far as we know it) and yet DO would let another part of land just go unnoticed after Ishy was involved in one point? Unlikely if you ask me, unless he simply was not able to spread Blight in there, for some reason.

Are we certain that rand in fact used the "true power" from the dark one to break the bonds or could it have been some kind of "light version" of the true power - i.E. the true light power that has its source from the creator instead of the DO?

Here's what we do know:

1) The orders were given by one of the Chosen (because Shadowspawn can recognise Chosen and the SS obeyed orders).

2) It isn't Halima-Balthamiel-Aran'gar because we get his-her PoV while Moridin is talking about it.

3) Moridin asks the Chosen to try and figure out what the orders for the raid are.

That's it.

It could even have been Moridin - if he's dissembling knowledge of the incident.

I believe the popular theory is that it was Padan Fain.

Are we certain that rand in fact used the "true power" from the dark one to break the bonds or could it have been some kind of "light version" of the true power - i.E. the true light power that has its source from the creator instead of the DO?

The One Power (True Source) is the "light version" of the True Power.

The True Power is begotten from the Dark One. The True Source is begotten from the Creator.

The One Power (True Source) is the "light version" of the True Power.

The True Power is begotten from the Dark One. The True Source is begotten from the Creator.

This is an opinion, not a "fact."  We don't know with 100% surety that the OP comes from the Creator.  We do know that the OP was used by the Creator to create the Wheel of Time and the Universe (or, the Earth).  I assume this statement is correct, but it can't be stated as fact, only as opinion.

Here's what we do know:

That's it.

I believe the popular theory is that it was Padan Fain.

The popular theory is that Taim did it, after having been raised to the level of Chosen, and thus having the Chosen Mark which is what grants the Chosen absolute obedience from most shadowspawn.

Padan Fain does not have this Mark, nor anything else that grants him automatic obedience. He needs to have a different approach, which would not work with such a huge force as the one we saw in KOD.

When Fain was riding with the Whitecloaks, he captured and converted a Myrdraal. When Fain left the Two Rivers, this Myrdraal was part of his posse. Do we know what happened to it?

We probably see it in LoC when Fain is staying with a DF woman and her son in Caemlyn.

No idea what happened to it after that, for it definitely doesn't appear in CoS and WH alongside Fain.

In tGS, in "Veins Of Gold," there is a reference to Dragonmount having one side blasted away. Earlier in the book Min has a new viewing which also involves a mountain with one side blasted away. She thinks that it is the Dragonmount but not sure. So, here is the question - is the reference to the Dragonmount having one side blasted away is something that has been mentioned before tGS? If it always had one side blasted away than why Min is not sure that it is the Dragonmount in the viewing?

So, here is the question - is the reference to the Dragonmount having one side blasted away is something that has been mentioned before tGS? If it always had one side blasted away than why Min is not sure that it is the Dragonmount in the viewing?

I think it is Dragonmount, and the issue is the perspective. It's so high, that people aren't used to see its broken peak. From bellow, it must be hard to see the actual magma.

At last the wind died, the earth stilled to trembling mutters. Of Lews Therin Telamon, no sign remained.

Where he had stood a mountain now rose miles into the sky, molten lava still gushing from its broken peak.

So the peak has always been broken. I guess that isn't conclusive, but I think it's a viable option.