DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Algai

Hello everyone,

I have decided to come out of my shell and introduce myself.  My name is Aldazar Ashan and I am aspiring to be a Warder in the White Tower.  I have been placed in house Damodred and look forward to meeting everyone in the White Tower!

"The motto of chivalry is also the motto of wisdom; to serve all, but love only one."

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there Aldazar! Welcome to the White Tower. I'm Alanna, a novice here. It's good to see another new Algai. And I'm in House Damodred as well, so I hope to see you around there (although I don't check in there very often :P but I hope to see you anyway *g*).

So tell us a bit about yourself! When did you start reading WoT? Whose your favorite character? Do you have any hobbies, or interests you'd like to tell us about?

Welcome to the Tower, Aldazar. I am a brand-new Novice, and as yet I have no House. I agree with Alanna; tell us something about yourself, if it please you. *sits down and pours tea* Tea, anyone?

Thank you Alanna, Sakaea, and Mashira!  I hope to see you all as well.

Let's see, I suppose I can tell just a little bit about myself.  I started reading the WoT around 1998 and have read the entire series.  I am eagerly awaiting the release of the latest book this November.  My favorite characters would have to be Lan and Thom.  I love to read, I enjoy reading fantasy/sci-fi as well as comics  :P  I also have quite an extensive collection of anime, so yes, I am an ultra nerd lol.  As far as my hopes and dreams, I shall leave that until I get to know you better, but I should inform you Mashira they do not involve wearing a dress although I dare say the Novice White seems to suit you quite nicely  ;D

Welcome to the White Tower Aldazar. I am a brand new.... nothing. *giggle* I am a Green Sister here and have grown to find the WT and DM as a home within my home. Meaning I get on the internet to find the rest of my family here. I hope you make many friends here and find family too. Oh, and my sister Lily is a novice. Have fun with here in the dorm rooms when you get access there. She and her friends are having a lot of fun there. 

Welcome to the White Tower, Aldazar!  I'm Daruya, Head of the Blue Ajah.  It's always nice to see new algai!  I do hope you'll stop by and visit us in the Blue Ajah as you make your rounds of the Tower.  I also hope you'll participate in the Red/Blue Ajah events taking place this week -- you can find the threads on this board! 

House Damodred?  You're in for quite a ride! LOL!

Mmm, thanks for the tea, Sakaea :) And welcome to you as well, by the way. I think we already met over in the Aiel Org?

Lan is one of my favorite characters, too. Probably my favorite after Mat. I don't usually watch much anime, but I am into live action j-dramas. As well as anything sci-fi/fantasy, so. Big nerd here too :-*

Thank you Minuet and Daruya!  If I'm judging correctly from your avatar you are also a fan of the Power Puff Girls Minuet?  I hope to meet many new friends as well.  I shall be sure to visit the Blue Ajah as I make my way through the Tower  :)  I looked at the riddle contest that the Blues and Reds were having but found I had only but a handful of the answers.

Sooo, anyone care to expound on what kind of ride I'm in for in House Damodred?

Thank you Alanna!  Hmmm, I think there might be a mistake, I haven't looked at the Aiel Org boards.  I take pride in being a nerd myself  ;)

Thank you for the welcome Loreina!

Ah, sorry for not making my post clear. I was talking to Sakaea about the Aiel, I believe she just joined over there.

Weeeelll, for a while House Damodred was embroiled in a Star Wars Sith war. Those crop up form time to time. Since then, it's just been sort of random craziness.

*rubs hands* Fresh blood! Welcome and glad to see you coming out of your shell, Aldazar. I'm Mystica (or Myst), Highest of the Red Ajah. Nono! Don't panick, we don't eat men for breakfast. Only for lunch. ;) I'm not sure how long you've been around here, but I hope you'll enjoy yourself and hope to see you come visit us at the Reds sometime (or a lot of times).

I'd like to echo Dar's invitation to join us at our Purple (blue/red) event, which is still going strong. Just check the WT board for the appropriate threads and join on in if you want.

I used to love watching Dragonball Z, though they don't show it much anymore. Vegeta was my favorite lol. Poor, confused bad guy.

Yes, I like the Power Puff girls. I also like Sailor Moon, Avatar: The Last Air Bender, Phineas and Ferb, Winnie-the-Pooh and his friends, and well, you really don't want to get me started. Buttercup is of course the best Power Puff girl! I am a big kid at heart.

Welcome to the WT Aldazar. I'm a Red Sister too... yes I'm with her *points at Myst* can't help it... bonded and all that. Do pop by and visit us once you're settled in.  :D Nerds are never alone at DM, it's a huge nerd meeting place basically  ;D

It's ok Alanna, I'm sorry I misunderstood.  D-did you say Sith Wars?  I happen to be a Star Wars fan myself and I am curious as to what all a Sith War entails?  ;D  I also think that random craziness is the best kind *nods*

Hello Mystica!  I'm glad you don't eat men for breakfast, but lunch I can definitely do  ;)  I've only been around here for about a week and have just been getting to know new people.  I was a fan of Dragonball Z for a long time but the storyline started to progress much...too...slowly!  Vegeta is indeed a very...interesting fellow.  I was always fond of Piccolo.  He tried to act all big and tough but he was just a softy beneath it all lol.

Greetings Lily!  I shall surely come and "play" in the dorms once I get board access.  I am very curious as to what sort of mischief y'all cook up in there  :)

Ohhh, I love Avatar!  I have the first season but I haven't watched the show in a very long time.  Blossom was my favorite, I seemed to be drawn to the bossy ones for some reason *contemplates*

Thank you for the welcome Taymist! I shall be sure to stop by and visit.  I'm glad to hear this about DM, nerds just happen to be my favorite kind of people  ;)

Hello Aldazar, welcome to the tower, I am a novice of house Ospenya. I somehow seem to be missing threads all over the place! I only just found this one.

Anywho, how are you enjoying the WT so far?

Oh and Mashi, we will fix the problem of your dress being white once you gain board access.  ;)

Hello Aldazar, welcome to the tower, I am a novice of house Ospenya. I somehow seem to be missing threads all over the place! I only just found this one.

Oh and Mashi, we will fix the problem of your dress being white once you gain board access.  ;)

*suspicious glance left and right* Tipps, I've heard of pudding fights... I'm intrigued  ;D

Aldazar, you're too modest on your picture post!  ;)

Hi, Aldazar!  It's nice to see a new algai, especially now that the Warders are going through some exciting changes.  I have a feeling you'll like it here at DM, since this is the kind of place where we are proud to be nerds!  :) 

*suspicious glance left and right* Tipps, I've heard of pudding fights... I'm intrigued  ;D

Aldazar, you're too modest on your picture post!  ;)

*grins* there is pudding fights... buts they are not what I was talking about... there is a clue in the PM I sent you  ;) hehe

Archived