DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Whats the one story line you most want to see in this book.

wconn1979

Did we ever find out what that pack of darkhounds was after?  The one who circled Perrin's camp?

We don't.  We can only surmise.

I am excited for Perrin to raise up Manetheran.  I think he's going to unite the land from Saldea down to Ghealdean.  That will be a cool story plot to wrap up.

Manetheren is dead and Perrin won't be resurrecting it.  He sacrificed any hope of raising Manetheren when he made a bargain with Seanchan by giving up any claims to Manetheren.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can''t wait to see what's in store for Perrin. We have an idea where Mat is headed and we know Rand's path (in a general sense), but Perrin is kinda in transition. He's finally got Faile back and he's taking Masema back to Rand, but who knows what he'll get into in the meantime.

On a lesser note I wanna see Lan's progression towards the Blight as well as what Nynaeve will do next. I say this because I'm reading Crossroads of Twilight and I wanna know why Sharina Melloy was in her Accepted test, and what her role will be going forward.

I forgot about the prophet, though from my eyes all perrin needs to do is is bring masema to rand, (could be difficult as he won't know where rand is)
He also doesn't know where Masema is. And it is doubtful he will bring him to Rand. More than likely he will want to hang him.

I wouldn't be surprised if several events, (such as the borderland's moving south or the peddler telling gawyn rand killed his family) are at the hands of demandred.
Borderlanders is a reasonable theory. The peddler? Not really. He's just a peddler.

As to the BT rent in fire, there is going to be so much going on in #12, i doubt sanderson will fit this scene in.
I disagree. It seems to me to be most closely linked with Rand, and Rand's plots are in this book. So the timing supports either this or book 14 more than 13. I really don't think there are so many other things going on that we can rule out this being in TGS.

2) I'd like to find out who, if anyone, Demandred has been masquerading as.

Fixed

Fixed? Explain! Has Demandred been masquerading as someone? If so who?
You could try reading the original statement closely and comparing it with my corrected version. Apparantly, you're too lazy, so here it is:

Original: "I'd like to find out who demandred has been masquerading as."

Fixed: "I'd like to find out who, if anyone, Demandred has been masquerading as."

Fixed, with the difference made bold so even you can see it: "I'd like to find out who, if anyone, Demandred has been masquerading as."

Because we do not know if Demandred has been masquerading as anyone.

Im not lazy I just didnt see all of it

I think there may be some BT involvement. with the AS arriving and seeing Taims bad boys I wouldn't be surprised if that was how the news was leaked. I think tGS will have rand finding out about Taim but putting it on the back burner or telling logain to fix it and then we will have to wait for the next book. Rand has a habit of finding things out then not doing anything about it for a while (Andor, sammael, cleansing the source etc)

I forgot about the prophet, though from my eyes all perrin needs to do is is bring masema to rand, (could be difficult as he won't know where rand is)
He also doesn't know where Masema is. And it is doubtful he will bring him to Rand. More than likely he will want to hang him.

I wouldn't be surprised if several events, (such as the borderland's moving south or the peddler telling gawyn rand killed his family) are at the hands of demandred.
Borderlanders is a reasonable theory. The peddler? Not really. He's just a peddler.

As to the BT rent in fire, there is going to be so much going on in #12, i doubt sanderson will fit this scene in.
I disagree. It seems to me to be most closely linked with Rand, and Rand's plots are in this book. So the timing supports either this or book 14 more than 13. I really don't think there are so many other things going on that we can rule out this being in TGS.

Wasn't masema at the battle in KoD, I seem to remember perrin commenting that masema pulled his forces away afterwards but it's hardly difficult for the aiel to track him if he's trying to sneak away.

I mention the Peddler because he was just too odd to be random. 

A) He was too knowledgable of the events in caemlyn and cairhien considering that they had just happened.  Gawyn and Co was still weeks away from Rand at that point.  it was impossible for him to move that fast without the aid of a gateway.

B) He told Gawyn exactly what he needed to hear to get seriously hacked off at rand. 

C) Demandred was instructed to sow chaos, turning Gawyn against rand gave rand a powerful enemy, the results may not have surfaced yet, but look out for a rand-Gawyn showdown in one of the final books.

and D) Demandred did something in the Lord of Chaos that made the DO happy, we don't have confirmation on what yet, but I think he was busy sowing as much chaos as possible, and the peddler is one thing that stuck out as a minor event with possibly huge later ramifications.

As the the BT attack we'll have to agree to disagree.  At least IMO tGS is a book focusing on Rand and Eqwene, with SW focusing on Mat, Perrin, and Elayne's final preparations, though Rand will have to have at least one major plot in SW, which I think could be the BT attack.

Wasn't masema at the battle in KoD, I seem to remember perrin commenting that masema pulled his forces away afterwards but it's hardly difficult for the aiel to track him if he's trying to sneak away.
He was, he ran off at the end. First Perrin has to find him, which shouldn't be too hard, and then he has to kill him.

it was impossible for him to move that fast without the aid of a gateway.
He didn't have to. News travels fast. He heard it from someone, who heard it from someone else, and so on. I think there might be an RJ quote on the issue, but I have no idea where it is, nor the time to look now.

i agree with Galad an for same reasons but also for the fact he is Rand's older 1/2 brother gotta see what happens with that  :o

As far as I can remember, Rand only vaguely suspects that he is Galad's half brother while Galad has no clue.

Personally, I think this book will focus mainly on Rand and Egwene (if the summary is anything to go by.) That'll probably mean the conclusion to the BA hunt simultaneously with the Seanchan invasion. In Rand's case, maybe he'll make peace with the Seanchan only to realize that they are attacking the tower. So he goes there, and for some reason, learns the Amyrilyn (sp) Seat's anger.

I doubt the BT split will take full prominence. If it does, it'll be a Logain glory thing. I don't think it'd make sense for Mat, Rand and Perrin to make their way to TG seperately. I'd like a scene where most, if not all, of the major characters are together, perhaps to plan an new strike at SG.

Id say Demandred been skulking in the borderlands.

Doubtful, it was mentioned in a meeting of the forsaken that he was one the two forsaken who was keeping an eye on Rand

Perrin was a bore untill he got his wife back...soo i wanna see what he plans next

He has only just got Faile back, have you got access to new chapters?  :D

Also I think we will see the Black Tower split in TGS since the focus of this book will be Rand and Egwene, which will set things up quite nicely for the final book. I expect the Seanchan attack on the WT and Rand dressed as a beggar in this book too.

Something that's been interesting me for a while is the orders Moghdien has given to the other Black Ajah sisters, the ones that we haven't heard from yet (Rianna, Jeaine etc.)

I'd like to see how they factor in.

However, the thing I'm most interested in seeing in TGS would have to be the reunification of the tower and how Egwene's tale plays out.

As far as I can remember, Rand only vaguely suspects that he is Galad's half brother while Galad has no clue.

I think Rand is fairly certain that Galad is his half brother.  I believe he discovers that in LoC.  You are right though, that Galad has no clue.

I think the two main plot points, that I would like to see resolved in this book, are the rescuing of Moiraine, and the unification of the White Tower under Egwene.  I think both of those things have to happen fairly soon.

I also would really like to see Rand's reaction when Matt tells him that he married the Seanchan Empress and is now a Seanchan High Lord and Prince.

Olver becoming a blademaster.

And more information about Noal/what ishamael has been doing the years before Rand. If Noel truelly is farstrider, how he ended up in Ebou Dar etc, what was his intentions there.

Just remember Tuon, the Empress is waaay ahead of everyone so we may see peace in this book or we may see a battlefield peace vs. a Dragon Reborn to Empress negotiated peace.  Something similiar to the christmas peace in WWI, now if a small number of Trollocs or other shadowspawn(I really want to see a Raken fight a Draghkar) come to the party then the whole game changes.

I agree Egwene is likely a story line, with all the subplots there as for the other either Rand or Mat.  I don't know about perrin but I think Mat and Rand are far behind everyone else.  I'm sure it's wishful thinking but I want Moiraine back and healed soon so she can get back to kicking ass and taking names.  She is intergral to Rand's storyline, I think she is the laughter.

I also would really like to see Rand's reaction when Matt tells him that he married the Seanchan Empress and is now a Seanchan High Lord and Prince.

Matt is now the Prince of the Ravens. Since he married Tuon, and she's the empress now; doesn't that make Matt like King of the senchan now? That should curl Rand's toenails.

I can not wait to see Rand reunited with Tam.  I think that is going to be a real moving scene that will help ground Rand and make him feel more human again.

Agree with this. This could be seen where Rands cries. And then Tam finds out he has grandkids.  It'll be a great scene.

I have to ask, how do you know that Moirane is not going to be rescued in TGS? Please lord let her be saved this book so we don't have to suffer through Rand being such an emotionless b@#%$@# for a whole other book. I'd like to see Egwene have a second "rebellion" form inside the Tower and unseat Elaida. And I'd love to see how everyone is taking Rand being officially mad. Hopefully Perrin's POVs arent painful to read anymore, and he returns to some of his former glory (after 3 books of almost complete fail I don't think he'll ever be completely restored).

Olver could still enter some other world where time compared to the Rand world goes superslow and come back a 10 yr older for sure.

Honestly, id like to see Olver do something grand compared to his age. Say save mat from the gholam by distracting it or say learn to use a bow good enough so he can support in certain situation, like maybe shooting down a gray man or two, or a suprised draghakar who is on his way sucking the soul from someone.

I wanna see Olver be the third man in Mat's trio to save Moirane. Like they trade Olver to the Finns in exchange for Moirane back. I mean Olver could be said to be the apple of Mat's eye (lets face it, hes pretty much Mat's kid now) which would kind of be like an eye on the balance scale.

Archived