DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Whats the one story line you most want to see in this book.

wconn1979

Oh yeah. Nynanvea has grown abit better these latest books tbh, she has had a temper but ive always like her, since shes never as childish as Elayne/Egwene. I say, once Egwene united the WT and become the armalyn. Mat should go out on a Tour, and first put the Armalyn over his knees and then the Queen of Andor, maybe spank some Aes Sedai on the way aswell.

Tbh, the whole thing that people who got the spark or can learn to channel, suddenly are so powerful and respected whenever they utter an opinion, is very disturbing. It could be a complete Psychopath who was born with the ability to channel.

That is, say 5% of the inhabitants in WOT got qualities that makes them into good leaders/advisers etc. They got enough common sense/intelligens, good enough manners(that is they arent psychopaths).

Instead of those 5% taking care of the world and trying to make it into a better place, a complete random set of personalities(whoever can/learn to channel) are suddenly the most powerful people. Its really stupid :) some Aes Sedai should never become anything higher than novices.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mat getting Moiraine, Cadsuane interrogating Semirhage, Egwene literally spanking Elaida, and Logain literally spanking Taim. Those storylines would be the most exciting.

Mat killing the gholam, the Seanchan High Blood's reaction to Mat's marriage with Tuon, Rand somehow being healed by Nynaeve(physical and mental), and finding out if Thom really is a darkfriend would be secondary plots I would like to see.

This is the first time I have posted in this forum, and I just wanted to say that I am glad to find WoT enthusiasts like myself who eagerly await the next book in the series.

I think the psychotic channelers are known as dreadlords. ;)
You think wrong. Those are the evil ones. The mad ones are called men.

Egwene literally spanking Elaida, and Logain literally spanking Taim. Those storylines would be the most exciting.
They don't sound all that exciting.

finding out if Thom really is a darkfriend
He's not.

Tbh, the whole thing that people who got the spark or can learn to channel, suddenly are so powerful and respected whenever they utter an opinion, is very disturbing.
They're not. Wise One and Aes Sedai training would most likely weed out the unsuitable ones, probably Windfinder training as well. Simply starting to channel doesn't automatically grant power and respect.

They're not. Wise One and Aes Sedai training would most likely weed out the unsuitable ones, probably Windfinder training as well. Simply starting to channel doesn't automatically grant power and respect.

Well you are wrong. Wise Ones maybe got some kind of control, since people who cant channel, can still become wise ones, and the power isnt that important.

With Aes Sedai you are completly wrong, its said many times that they rarely let women go, unless they are weak, even if they have allowed a few run aways to stay with the Kin, thats hardly whats matter.

Pretty much anyone who got normal power with the power is pretty much guaranteed to stay as long as she manages to go through the fear terangreal. And my point being, was that the random element that involves who is able to channel, gives a load of different kind of people. Its like giving political power/influences/respect to people who is born into rich families, just because they are rich.

Someone short of a retard who got the spark inborn can proberly become a Aes Sedai, and then "rule" (and expect respect/bearing to what she says)so to say people in her surrounding, just because she can channel.

Oh and about windfinders you are proberly right aswell, they got a whole other hierarchy on their ships and between.

Well you are wrong.
No, I'm not.

With Aes Sedai you are completly wrong, its said many times that they rarely let women go, unless they are weak, even if they have allowed a few run aways to stay with the Kin, thats hardly whats matter.

No, that is not at all what is said. What is said is that they rarely let women go until they have finished with them. That is a very important distinction. They weed people out. Those too weak, in the Power or in character, are taught to control the OP and let go. And made to understand the importance of keeping a low profile, not attracting the attention of AS, especially through giving people the erroneous impression that they are AS. Remember that the Kin are more numerous than the AS. If you fail the Accepted test, or refuse to go through, or fail the AS test, or refuse to go through, or if you are not strong enough, you fall by the wayside, you do not earn the shawl. And make no mistake, they do have to earn the shawl. The AS might do a lot of things wrong, including holding the belief that AS are automatically due respect, but one thing they do right is not handing those shawls out like candy to all and sundry. They work hard for it.

I'm on my second re-read, and I'm in Crossroads of Twilight.  Some minor plots that haven't been mentioned...

Did we ever find out what that pack of darkhounds was after?  The one who circled Perrin's camp?

I'm a little curious to find out if that is the last we see if Galina.  I wonder if she has to go to the Waste with Therava or if Rand will get his chance to still her.

Gawyn sitting around stuck not able to do anything has been grating my nerves.  I have a feeling he will do something with revenge in mind towards Rand, and then find out Morgase is alive.

I am excited for Perrin to raise up Manetheran.  I think he's going to unite the land from Saldea down to Ghealdean.  That will be a cool story plot to wrap up.

The last few books have people seeing the dead, and the fabric of reality on the brink of unraveling.  After reading the prologue for TGS and those crazy clouds, I'm really interested to see how that aspect is explored in the last books.

I don't believe Olver is Cain either, although they are both said to be ugly!  :D

But ultimately, although we can all see some possibilities as to how the many loose threads will resolve, we will very likely be surprised by some of the developments RJ dreamed up.

Heh heh, maybe Cain will be born as one of Elayne's babes, Birgitte will be his babysitter but by then have lost all her memories of past lives. LOL Just joking!!

Olver is not Cain. It is impossible for Olver to be Cain, since Olver was born long before Cain was spun out.

That's what I figured.  But it is always mentioned that time in the real world and time in T'A'R' can become skewed both ways, maybe in terms of birth it can be skewed extremely.  If RJ said he wasn't though, I'll buy that.  Something I thought might time them together both with the ugliness and the timeline of Cain's disappearance.

The more I think about plot lines unfolding, the more I am excited to see the tower of Ghenji.  More specifically the Eelfin and Aelfin.  Not much was explained with Lanfear's PoV, but it was almost as if Moridin, Shadar Haran, or the Dark One himself bartered with them to get her back.

I want to see Birgitte meat Olver.
Then read ACoS, they are together in Ebou Dar throughout that book.

But it is always mentioned that time in the real world and time in T'A'R' can become skewed both ways, maybe in terms of birth it can be skewed extremely.
Time in T'a'r might be faster or slower than in the real world, but it always goes forwards. A week might be a day or a day a week, but a day is never minus ten years. When RJ ruled it out, time only going forwards was the reason given.

When RJ ruled it out, time only going forwards was the reason given.

That's some really awkward sentence structure there, Mr Ares.  Try this:

"The only reason RJ gave when he ruled it out was that time only goes forwards."

The more I think about plot lines unfolding, the more I am excited to see the tower of Ghenji.  More specifically the Eelfin and Aelfin.  Not much was explained with Lanfear's PoV, but it was almost as if Moridin, Shadar Haran, or the Dark One himself bartered with them to get her back.

Or, she died, allowing the DO to seize her soul, and put it into a new body, like he did with several other forsaken.

Expect the answer in book 13, we will not see Moiraine being rescued in TGS.

Archived