DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

International Women's Week- Quiz on Women (Answers on Page 2)

All answers to this quiz should be PMed to me (Moghedian ;D). As it is more of a general knowledge quiz let's not have any cheating!  :P The winner will be announced on Sunday.  :)

1.What was the first (self governed) country to give women the right to vote in 1893?

2.Who was the Greek/Roman Goddess of Love?

3.Who is generally considered to be the ultimate ‘Girl Power’ band of the 90s? ;D

4.Finish the phrase; ‘Hell hath no fury like…’

5.In what century is modern feminism believed to have started?

•A: 15th

•B: 18th

•C: 20th

6.  What colour hair did Queen Elizabeth I have?

7.  Name the Polish physicist who was a pioneer in the field of radioactivity and was the first person to be awarded two Nobel Prizes.

8. What name is Kamarile Maradim Nindar better known as?

9. In 2008 Rolling Stone released a list of who it believed to be the 100 greatest singers of all time. Which female singer was ranked #1?

•A: Aretha Franklin

•B: Mariah Carey

•C: Whitney Houston

10.  Who is this woman?

mother-theresa.jpg

Extra for experts (to quote my maths teacher :D): In the painting Mona Lisa, is Lisa Gheradini really smiling? Why/why not?

I just turned mine in and ran to Google to check an answer.  I was -way- off on #8 way, WAY off.  *gigglesnorts*  I'll have to to try and remember my answer to share this weekend. :)

1.What was the first (self governed) country to give women the right to vote in 1893? New Zealand  ;D

2.Who was the Greek/Roman Goddess of Love? Aprhodite/Venus

3.Who is generally considered to be the ultimate ‘Girl Power’ band of the 90s? Spice Girls  :D

4.Finish the phrase; ‘Hell hath no fury like…’ That of a woman scorned Everyone got this one :)

5.In what century is modern feminism believed to have started?

•A: 15th

•B: 18th Probably the most debatable of all the answers but there was a book (A Vindication of the Rights of Woman) written in 1792 by Mary Wollstonecraft that is believed to have been the spark of modern feminism.

•C: 20th

6.  What colour hair did Queen Elizabeth I have? RED  8)

7.  Name the Polish physicist who was a pioneer in the field of radioactivity and was the first person to be awarded two Nobel Prizes. Marie Curie

8. What name is Kamarile Maradim Nindar better known as?The Forsaken Graendal It was a curveball and I received some amazing guesses  :D

9. In 2008 Rolling Stone released a list of who it believed to be the 100 greatest singers of all time. Which female singer was ranked #1?

•A: Aretha Franklin The list can be found here

•B: Mariah Carey

•C: Whitney Houston

10.  Who is this woman?

mother-theresa.jpg

Mother Theresa Predictably, you all got this one right ;D

Extra for experts (to quote my maths teacher :D): In the painting Mona Lisa, is Lisa Gheradini really smiling? Why/why not? I wouldn't have a clue... :D

ignore the second part of my pm! LMAO. I need to drink more coffee before sending pms.

I didn't do all that bad it seems! and DOH for missing Spice Girls. I thought you were looking for 'one' spice girl's name. Serves me right for not reading the questions correctly. And DOH for missing Marie Curie. OF COURSE! I knew that.  8)

Archived