DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You slept next to a Portal Stone ...

Elgee

Scenario: You slept next to a portal stone, and you were transported to Randland, time frame the end of Book 11.

To make matters less boring, you are there what you are here (AS, Der'Manshima, Ashaman, CotL, Kin, etc - whatever your position is, or the one you are aspiring to, here) and you have the required knowledge of that particular position. (One stipulation: only female AS, only male Ashaman.)

We'll ignore pesky details like language, the fact that your peers in Randland shouldn't recognize you, etc.

You retain all your memories from Earth, but you cannot directly talk about them - otherwise it would be a short trip to the Randland version of the loony bin  :P

If you are AS, you can pick whichever Ajah you want; same goes for all the other paths.

So:

Would you pick the same Ajah/discipline/faction ?

What would you do?

Assuming that they won't let me just waltz in and be the Amyrlin because I'm so pretty, my top two choices for Ajah would be Brown and Blue.

I am so very Brown in real life, it's not even funny. I'm absent minded. I have ink all over my hands (school year only). I teach history.  It's just a very natural for for me.

Blue would be my second choice. I like being involved. I have tendency to pick apart organizations and figure out how they tick, both on paper and in practice. I seem to have developed a knack for giving orders. I am bored with routine, but I love administrivia. Go figure that one out. I could probably get along fairly well as a Blue.

But I think the Browns would have more tolerance for my nonsense.

Guest nephitess

I'd pick the Greens. I'd take many trips into the boarderlands and kick some arse. LOL. I love to travel and have a fighting spirit so i think that would suit me well. *chuckles*

Up until book 10 and 11, I would have said Green, no hesitation, and basically done what Nephi said. Now, I'm not so sure ... I can't make up my mind between Red and Green.

I find the idea of bonding Ashaman very tempting - I mean, seriously: you could REALLY kick some Darkfriend arse if you had 2 or 3 Ashaman bonded to you! There's also the added bonus of them not dying on you from old age every 30 or 40 years.

Ok let's go for Red.  I'd wangle myself into Pevara's faction, which would open up 2 doors: Ashaman, and hunting BA. I'd take my boys, and try to find Cadsuane.  I'd like to get her ideas on how to reunite the Tower, and then see what I can do to make that happen.  I'd work towards making Egwene Amy, and keeping Tarna as Keeper.

Have to think about what next.

deja vuu *lol*

warders got no paths in there and think i would have sticked to that (geting free blademanship skill and fit body-hell yes)

probably generaly brown, with some odd chanses of green warder...look ar verin, all she can achive, and all you could learn, even if you  never got out of the tower libary (talk about dreamduty, laying on the floor with your nose in the books containing all the worlds secrets while your AS make her recordings on something)

the odd exception being towards green something akin to Cadusuane (not in my opinion the typical green), amasingly interesting and so incredibly much you could learn from observing her as well as talking to her (the woman is one of the longest lived known AS, what stories couldnt she tell), and there just something about her way of being that i like, the no fuzz straigth forward serenity of experience or whatever to call it

I'd prolly be either a Blue or a Brown. I'm leaning more to Blue tho. And I would do what a Blue does best! Which is travelling around, meddeling in stuff thats none of my buisness, and bond a great warrior who can protect me from my enemies  ;D I would also join the Salidar Aes Sedai, and work to get Egwene on to the Amyrlin Seat.

I’d be either Blue or White.

Blue because they’re more about just causes than right/wrong.

News of the Tower Split (and Elaida’s reasons for disposing Suian) would drive me to join the Salidar Aes Sedai, where I would be a strong lobbyist for allying with the Dragon Reborn for Tarmon Gaidin.

White because I could be happy just sitting around all day discussing logic and the nature of the universe as understood through applied science and reasoning

It would be hard for me to pick between Brown and Green.  I'm so Brown in RL its sickening sometimes, but I'm very Green too.  I would probably go Green so I could bond 2 or 3 of those juicy Ashaman too.  ;)  Definitely from Logain's group though...  :D

I think I'd have the same problem there as I do RL, feeling too applicable to too many of the Ajahs.  I wouldn't be a red in Randland, though.  I just couldn't manage to find the hate fro men who can channel.  I think I'd end up a blue or a green just because I wouldn't be happy staying in the Tower and those two seem to get out and adventure lots.  If I could choose my abilities, I'd be a green who had a lot of skill in healing, so that I could be a battle Cleric. :D

hey Q *pst* you know thats what made me change track ;) didnt wanna chose between them so i choose not to choose and swap the dress for this fancy purple and pink melding cape *nodnods* *swirls happily in her cape*

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...

Wake up in Randland as a Storm Leader of the Black Tower.... WOuld be pretty sweet, I must say. I doubt I'd stay a Friend of the Dark there however... well... mostly because that means pitting yourself against Rand, and that is bad. Suicide even!

Archived