DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT Season 2 - I WATCHED ALL THE EPISODES TOPIC

SinisterDeath

51 minutes ago, Finnssss22 said:

Now let me just state right off the bat that this is premised with the assumption (and hope we all have) Mat will indeed be blowing what he needs to blow tomorrow night.

"Is this a sex thing, or a murder thing?" Cause either way, I'd prefer he blows something next episode.

Edited by VooDooNut

13 hours ago, VooDooNut said:

"Is this a sex thing, or a murder thing?" Cause either way, I'd prefer he blows something next episode.

actually, he also has his subplot with the illuminators, I can't think they will cut out "dragons" from the story entirely (here being deliberately obscure to avoid having to use spoilers). and if they merged the ending of books 2 and 3, his first cue to go down that plot should be right now.

So, I'd prefer he blows two different things next episode.

Book 3 Spoilers

Do you think the show will do the

Spoiler

stone of tear story line, and Be'lal, like at the end of TDR

Next season, or do you think the show might skip it and

Spoiler

bring in callandor at a later point in time?

Spoiler

If they do skip it, would Be'lal be one of the forsaken

not to appear in the show do we think?

#book 3 spoilers

#spoilers

3 minutes ago, bluetear111 said:

Book 3 Spoilers

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

#book 3 spoilers

#spoilers

Spoiler

Be'lal is probably the least developed, most generic, and least used on the forsaken.  He's just the generic bad guy in Tear.  If Tear doesn't happen, I don't see how Be'lal won't be cut.  

32 minutes ago, bluetear111 said:

Book 3 Spoilers

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

#book 3 spoilers

#spoilers

assumed skipping and possibly the aiel will capture the castle in Falme instead

3 hours ago, Samt said:
  Hide contents

Be'lal is probably the least developed, most generic, and least used on the forsaken.  He's just the generic bad guy in Tear.  If Tear doesn't happen, I don't see how Be'lal won't be cut.  

Spoiler

Yeah I agree, I think it's a good bet he is cut along with Bathy and Mesaaaaaaaana. I feel Semirhage was also cut already and merged with Lanfear but that's my opinion and not confirmed yet.

I think we all hope and agree that we're getting Demandred so that only leaves Aginor and/or Rahvin depending if Semir is cut or not already.

Every thought in my head went directly to "What about Callandor?" the second I heard Rafe say s3 will be mostly book 4.

6 hours ago, bluetear111 said:
  Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

#book 3 spoilers

#spoilers

Spoiler

Didn’t Verin say something about a sword of fire and the branded hand that wields it?  Could that be a reference to Callandor and they  hangs what it is or is it the Rand’s blade of light?

22 minutes ago, Wassup said:
  Hide contents

Didn’t Verin say something about a sword of fire and the branded hand that wields it?  Could that be a reference to Callandor and they  hangs what it is or is it the Rand’s blade of light?

I suppose it could be, but essentially that same prophesy is present in the books and it isn’t about Callandor.  Rand brands his hands with the heron marked blade fighting Ishamael and later uses a blade made from the one power.  

Here's what Deadline's streaming viewer table for the week of 9/4 to 9/10 says, "Meanwhile, Prime Video’s original The Wheel of Time notched 515 million viewing minutes (same as last week) after releasing another new episode and moved up to No. 3 among originals."

WoT streaming ranking.png

• Community Administrator
50 minutes ago, orbops said:

Here's what Deadline's streaming viewer table for the week of 9/4 to 9/10 says, "Meanwhile, Prime Video’s original The Wheel of Time notched 515 million viewing minutes (same as last week) after releasing another new episode and moved up to No. 3 among originals."

Or the original source

https://www.nielsen.com/top-ten/

I can't be the only one sussing Amazon's numbers being the same two weeks in a row like... Did they forget to submit the numbers correctly? 

On 10/5/2023 at 7:31 PM, orbops said:

That's a big win if Wheel of Time beat out Ahsoka.  I though Ahsoka was a very good show too

The season 2 finale was pretty solid.  I think season 2 wrapped up about as well as it could have, and we have a nice cliffhanger for season 3.  No spoilers here, but season 2 will have legs and build the audience up before season 3 drops.  

2 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

I’m sorry you dislike it so much. But for me, this is very good television. I’m eagerly awaiting season 3. 

I am glad you are enjoying it.

I truly wish I was enjoying it because I have loved the books for 30 years and was thrilled when I heard it was being made and the disappointment I feel now is huge.

2 minutes ago, Mailman said:

I am glad you are enjoying it.

I truly wish I was enjoying it because I have loved the books for 30 years and was thrilled when I heard it was being made and the disappointment I feel now is huge.

Just try to let go of your expectations. It’s a different turning of the Wheel or a portal world. I try enjoy it for what it is, instead of worrying about what it isn’t. 

it is very good television. with the unfortunate exception of a few plot holes and inconsistencies. well, i long since gave up on the notion that any movie could have the same level of consistency as a book. some of that, i accept as a limitation of the medium. in a book you can put in a page of explanation, in television you cannot.

but really, moiraine using the power as a weapon and sinking a whole fleet of boats? I could almost hope they'll reveal her for a darkfriend, it would at least justify that

2 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

Just try to let go of your expectations. It’s a different turning of the Wheel or a portal world. I try enjoy it for what it is, instead of worrying about what it isn’t. 

I don't consider it to be fantastic TV if not for my connection to the IP there is no way I would be watching it the writing has been barely CW level the world building and character development is poor and the CGI and battle/fight scenes have been atrocious.

15 hours ago, Mailman said:

I don't consider it to be fantastic TV if not for my connection to the IP there is no way I would be watching it the writing has been barely CW level the world building and character development is poor and the CGI and battle/fight scenes have been atrocious.

I’m sorry, but the character development has not been “poor”. The CGI has been much improved this season. The fight scenes have been … mid … but I’ve seen far worse. 

15 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

sinking a whole fleet of boats?

She didn’t. She sunk 3. The rest retreated, as Lan observed.