A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question before going to bed.

Clov and Cory - what is your history of reading each other? Are you mostly right/wrong about them? 

Clov is very hard for me to read, especially in a small sample size. If I'm being perfectly honest in games we are v/v typically one of us ends up dying before I can cement my read on him haha

Clov and Cory - what is your history of reading each other? Are you mostly right/wrong about them? 

Definitely more right than wrong, and I'm pretty sure above rand both ways.  I think he's probably more likely to tinfoil on me when I'm town, but I'd guess he's probably slightly better at figuring out when I'm mafia than I am him?

Clov is very hard for me to read, especially in a small sample size. If I'm being perfectly honest in games we are v/v typically one of us ends up dying before I can cement my read on him haha

Definitely more right than wrong, and I'm pretty sure above rand both ways.  I think he's probably more likely to tinfoil on me when I'm town, but I'd guess he's probably slightly better at figuring out when I'm mafia than I am him?

Now, what's interesting about the answers is...are they lying? Would either of them dare to lie? If they are on opposite teams that might be a risk but if they tell the truth they are sort of locked into reading each other a certain way for the rest of the game. Of course that's all irrelevant if they are both mafia but what are the odds of that.

Cory what is your avatar? It looks like a sad little girl in a crack house.

brand-new-devil-god-are-raging-inside-me

this is the album art for brand new's masterwork "the devil and god are raging inside me"

now watch rick and morty u plebian

I'd give Nolder partial credit for the answer.  It's not correct, but it's not entirely wrong.

Now, what's interesting about the answers is...are they lying? Would either of them dare to lie? If they are on opposite teams that might be a risk but if they tell the truth they are sort of locked into reading each other a certain way for the rest of the game. Of course that's all irrelevant if they are both mafia but what are the odds of that.

Unless we were mafia together, there is 0% chance either one of us would lie - both of us would bust the other's balls about it, and it's not like we're new players.  BFG, Sooh, and Dice have played with us both a ton, and several others are fairly familiar with us.  I can't even fathom we'd lie if we were m/m, just because it's such an easy thing to disprove for minimal benefit.

• RP - LEGACY

It is interesting to watch those of you who have played a lot, especially with each other. You have insight into usual behavior, be it for a typical approach to either town or scum. I look forward to when I am able to do just that.

At the moment I am happy that I am at least more comfortable with the idea of looking for scum. I try to do decide who acts most like scum and who at least seems more like town. I know people lie. But at least I can work on improving with this.

It is interesting to watch those of you who have played a lot, especially with each other. You have insight into usual behavior, be it for a typical approach to either town or scum. I look forward to when I am able to do just that.

At the moment I am happy that I am at least more comfortable with the idea of looking for scum. I try to do decide who acts most like scum and who at least seems more like town. I know people lie. But at least I can work on improving with this.

It can be useful, but it can also be exploited or cause people to make conclusions they shouldn't.  Being a "fresh" player keeps you honest with yourself, I think.  :smile:

Do you have any impressions so far?

I think I'm better at finding out who's town than who's scum. There's something honest about the way people behave sometimes. Their brain weaves these ideas and thoughts, which as scum would be out of the question to say, just because you know as scum you will be asked to explain yourself, and there's no way to explain that particular thought or thoughts.

I dunno though. Perhaps I'm just fooling myself. That being said, I absolutely love this lineup, and I'll be sad when people start getting killed off. 

Cory what is your avatar? It looks like a sad little girl in a crack house.

brand-new-devil-god-are-raging-inside-me

this is the album art for brand new's masterwork "the devil and god are raging inside me"

now watch rick and morty u plebian

I'd give Nolder partial credit for the answer.  It's not correct, but it's not entirely wrong.

Unless we were mafia together, there is 0% chance either one of us would lie - both of us would bust the other's balls about it, and it's not like we're new players.  BFG, Sooh, and Dice have played with us both a ton, and several others are fairly familiar with us.  I can't even fathom we'd lie if we were m/m, just because it's such an easy thing to disprove for minimal benefit.

Well that's kind of my point. If you did lie it would be very telling.

I'm not expecting either of you to do that. :P

• RP - LEGACY

I am not a fan of the first day as there is less to work from. I am afraid I will vote for town. I guess time builds confidence. Still a bit leary of being ignorant and looking foolish for making a poor choice.

Right now I don't have much opinion on anyone really. The one person I do not understand right now is SK in voting for self and then asking for votes. I suppose it's a way to see how people will respond, but it doesn't make sense to me. Part of me wants to vote SK just because I was asked to.

To clarify: I see Ley as a mostly black and white player. Things are right or wrong and there is not much in between. What do you think about that, Ley? Am I correct? 

I can very well see where you're coming from with that.

I am not a fan of the first day as there is less to work from. I am afraid I will vote for town. I guess time builds confidence. Still a bit leary of being ignorant and looking foolish for making a poor choice.

Right now I don't have much opinion on anyone really. The one person I do not understand right now is SK in voting for self and then asking for votes. I suppose it's a way to see how people will respond, but it doesn't make sense to me. Part of me wants to vote SK just because I was asked to.

Also remember that sometimes people just do the thing that makes the least sense that they could probably do, as those things tend to generate talk, and talk generates more talk, which generates reads. Some people are more likely to do it than others though. You wouldn't often see me doing it, for example; I'm just not that kind of player.