DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game thread]: WoT Kids Mafia

Niniel

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rand's haha replies sometimes feel nervous. Or is it just me?

Just you, sorry :/

In vaccum scum tend to want to blend in. There are ballsy scum sometimes but it's a minority in comparison. SK played blendy last game. So unless he had the state of mind to shift it to the other extreme to avoid detection...which is risky... then i can see a world where he is town. With that said, he is in the poe as i previously stated. Cant be too careful.

Scum wanting to blend in makes sense, and townies who get out there and beat the grass makes sense, but it just seems like you would not be very good at the game if your scum and town games were that far apart, and he seems good, or at least, he seemed good when I played with him as scum. 

Anyway, I'm off to bed. You know the gif. 

1232364720_jessica%20alba%20-%20come%20t

I counter claim sammael.

@Randal i did not see any question I was to focused on ben.

@Lessa let me get on my laptop and answer you.

[v] unvote [/v]

[v] LZM [/v]

I'll post my reads on the other people so far.

Then that's something you need to work on SK, especially if you're going to tunnel on ben that hard, at least take the time to read the posts he quotes (because he quoted me asking a question to him).

That being said, I had both of you as scum reads, but I'll believe the guy who CCs because that'd be a very weird move for scum to do.  So [v]LZM[/v]

This was Rand's reaction to the whole character CC. I would say that if the CC was a test? Rand failed it by trying to use the situation to drop a vote fairly quickly. I think the whole thing required a lot more consideration than what he gave it. It's not a cut and dry... lets just lynch the original claimer cause he got CCed. It's true that scum would have no reason to CC, but at the same time scum would have no reason to claim a character that isn't theirs in a game where characters mean nothing. Rand started off initially saying he was going to ignore the claim and how he hates wifom... but then he turns around and uses it as a strong enough reason to vote LZM. He also later questions why people aren't following him on it.

He has a string of exchanges with me where he basically says one of them is lying and the one lying is most likely scum. He isn't willing to consider that the fibbing could come from a town mindset. Then after SK retracts the claim, Rand moves his vote to him, saying it's ridic and saying he thinks he backed off of the claim cause his scum buddies told him to due to his CC going no where. This is funny because if the CC was going somewhere and LZM would have been lynched? SK would have been outed. Zero sense.

Ok so a few parts to this.  When the claim was there by itself, I didn't want to pay much attention to it, because there wasn't much information there.  The instant SK CCed, we knew that someone was lying.  Now there was definite information, we knew for 100% sure someone was lying (later SK admitted to lying by retracting his claim).  At the time though, I had to figure out who I thought was lying, because I legitimately didn't see why that'd be something town did, whereas mafia, especially because of their ability to know who's who and coordinate plans with a partner/partners, is more likely to pull something like that.  At the time, I figured that SK was more likely to not be mafia, because there'd be no reason for mafia to CC because they'd be lynched immediately after LZM's flip if he was indeed Sammael (which he now most likely is).  Therefore I put my vote on LZM.  After everything with the CC, I was thoroughly confused by SK's action, and I still feel that its much more likely that he's scum who tried a move, and then realized it wasn't working, and then backed off, then he's town who was reaction testing, then wasn't even around after that.  He could've been lynched based off of that weird retraction, almost was, and still wasn't around.  That points me to someone who was worried to keep talking and just lurked and kept quiet instead.

Yeah, Rand is prolly scum.

ISOing him spells it out. 

LZM character claim is wifom. Hate it. Gonna ignore it.

Oh SK cced LZM? Gonna stop ignoring it I guess and will talk about it on and on and on.

Original claimer must be lying. nudge nudge nudge nudge LZM. why aren't people voting? Oh that's not working? SK is getting more suspicion?

CCer must be lying. nudge nudge nudge nudge SK. why is Lessa's train building out of no where? don't like it.... but oh well this doesn't seem to be working, is it?

OK OK I'll hammer Lessa. JEEZ

So like above, the CC was a drastic change to the situation, you can't really believe that I should keep the same reaction to a random claim to that claim being CCed.

And woah woah, I switched because of SK's weird reactions, and his retraction, which concluded LZM as Sammael, and left SK as an unknown who just admitted to lying and gave no reason for it.

And I hammered Lessa because there was a 0% chance anyone was getting lynched.

I don't see him talking about much else. He does mention DJ and Ben.... talking about points in their favor and points against them..... sorta leans on a town lean maybe irt DJ. Unsure about Ben cause he goes back and forth. And like i said, there's an air of nervousness to his posts. A lot of haha and just a general feel I get from him. But yeah, 85% of his content is the whole claim and CC. First he tries to push LZM, then he switches to SK. He isn't trying to solve.

Kill it with fire pls. TY!

Yeah, there's a reason that was 85% of my content, it was the biggest thing that happened during the game.

I counter claim sammael.

@Randal i did not see any question I was to focused on ben.

@Lessa let me get on my laptop and answer you.

[v] unvote [/v]

[v] LZM [/v]

I'll post my reads on the other people so far.

Then that's something you need to work on SK, especially if you're going to tunnel on ben that hard, at least take the time to read the posts he quotes (because he quoted me asking a question to him).

That being said, I had both of you as scum reads, but I'll believe the guy who CCs because that'd be a very weird move for scum to do. So [v]LZM[/v]

This was Rand's reaction to the whole character CC. I would say that if the CC was a test? Rand failed it by trying to use the situation to drop a vote fairly quickly. I think the whole thing required a lot more consideration than what he gave it. It's not a cut and dry... lets just lynch the original claimer cause he got CCed. It's true that scum would have no reason to CC, but at the same time scum would have no reason to claim a character that isn't theirs in a game where characters mean nothing. Rand started off initially saying he was going to ignore the claim and how he hates wifom... but then he turns around and uses it as a strong enough reason to vote LZM. He also later questions why people aren't following him on it.

He has a string of exchanges with me where he basically says one of them is lying and the one lying is most likely scum. He isn't willing to consider that the fibbing could come from a town mindset. Then after SK retracts the claim, Rand moves his vote to him, saying it's ridic and saying he thinks he backed off of the claim cause his scum buddies told him to due to his CC going no where. This is funny because if the CC was going somewhere and LZM would have been lynched? SK would have been outed. Zero sense.

Accurate summation Nyn. That was my feeling on the situation as well. If SK CC'd to draw out scum, (which I'm increasingly certain he did), it's panning out well.

I'm still intrigued by Rands contradiction during Lessa's train. I really want to believe it indicates higher stress levels, consequently leading to a slip. His response seems fairly convoluted and shaky, bordering on nervous.

Rand will probably be where I will be voting.

The gambling thing? Man why do I keep getting "caught" on meaningless things, first swearing, now gambling.  Its pretty simple, I enjoy games like Hold'Em and craps, which I've only been able to play at school gambling events without real money, but I can't actually gamble since I'm underage.

I am seriously contemplating checking the previous game he was in to see if he kept saying haha there as well xD

Lmao, I say haha a ton, I can just post texting screenshots here for proof of that if you don't want to go through the entire thread.  I actually had friends come back to me and tell me to stop ending all my texts in haha.

I am seriously contemplating checking the previous game he was in to see if he kept saying haha there as well xD

I might be able to do that this afternoon. Depends on how many of his WOTs I think I can handle. The guy was hecka verbose in Darthe's game.

:D Sorry bb.

Semirage sat all by herself playing with her favourite game - Operation. For some reason, the other kids didn´t want to play with her today but her teddy bear was always with her. Teddy had several bandages around his left leg today. She would have to learn to sew better. But at least the bandages prevented the stuffing from falling out. 

One of the Aes Sedai walked over to her. Apparently it was time to go home. She put the game on the right shelf and picked up Teddy. Outside she could hear another Aes Sedai shouting for Demandred to come in. Semirage smiled, she knew where he was. But she would never betray her friend. 

Nyn has gone home (been nk´d), she was Semirage, vanilla town.

It´s now D2. With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. 

DL is Monday 9 PM CET. (I´ll post a link to a count down later.)

Btw, I find it very interesting that the plot said her friend Demandred.  Does that mean that there's a character named Demandred who's most likely town?  If so that should be something we keep in mind later in case that's a claim that pops up.  I'm inclined to believe that there is a Demandred in this game.

[v]Rand[/v]

Well, I guess I can just say I hope the above explains myself.

And I'm still continuing on from yesterday, [v]SK[/v]

I don't think characters mean anything. I don't think the flavor has any relation to alignment. 

I guess I set myself up for the gif. Well done! :laugh:

I am not bothered by the "haha" comments, and I am not bothered by switching votes over the counterclaim, but switching to the Lessa train when she was already going down looked like opportunism to me.

• RP - LEGACY

Guys, sorry for the limited response today.

(Was dealing with some things over in the White Tower, and real life had me occupied.)

I am not happy about Nyn being gone. That doesn't help town, and I felt she provided excellent insight into game play.

Now trying to see if any of my earlier suspicions continue. Still concerned with SK. Not really sure about Rand. Limited response from Infiniti, though with possible good reason. Limited interaction with Marsh, but another reason given. Not sure if initial claim by LZM was only for conversation purposes, but I know he has experience playing. Not really feeling suspicious of Ben, but maybe he's just pulling off good guy really well.

So, still considering, and will see what happens overnight and re-read in the morning.

Hey guys I'm really sorry but there was a storm here and the electricity is completely out, not sure how much longer it will be out for (but my parents say that the power thing needs fixing because it got wet), my phone's battery is running low (and I can't charge it because no electricity) aaaa.

So I'll have to drop because I won't be able to talk here for a while. I'm really sorry, especially to Nin and Cory but aaaaa yeah? Hope I can play with you guys again when life is less of a jerk and doesn't throw bad stuff at me. It was great playing with you guys, even for a short while, and I'm really sorry that I have to do this.

Good luck, and... yeah <333

Well, that's been a rough week for you. Hope to see you again!

I'll be sleeping most of the day because I work graveyards on weekends, and then I'll watch Game of Thrones before heading to work, so I won't be on much, but if there's posting, I'll try to catch up and add my two cents before midnight. If not, here's my daily post. 

Nothing has changed, Note that there are around 23 hours to dl. SK is at L-2.

I´m soon going to bed. Play nice while I´m gone. See you tomorrow. 

Vote count

Rand (1) - LZM

Shitsure (2) - Rand, Ben

Not voting: Dar`Jen, Infiniti, Shitsure, Marsh

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

DL is Monday 9 PM CET.

Countdown 

I disagree with lynching SK.

Why?  I understand what you think he may have done, but he hasn't even come in to support that himself yet.

I don't think characters mean anything. I don't think the flavor has any relation to alignment. 

I guess I set myself up for the gif. Well done! :laugh:

I am not bothered by the "haha" comments, and I am not bothered by switching votes over the counterclaim, but switching to the Lessa train when she was already going down looked like opportunism to me.

I've been in games where the flavor has actually been important before, idk if this is one of them, and it's definitely not something to latch onto for sure, but maybe something to just keep in the back of our mind.

Just recently you stood watching this "Aes Sedai Daycare Center" and the kids playing, but now you realise that you are actually one of the kids. There are other kids everywhere and older ladies with nice shawls. Suddenly something hit you in the head and you fall to the ground. It hurts but luckily you are not bleading. You look around and see some kids running around the corner of the building. When you run after them there is no one there. Who was it? You must find out so that you can tell the Aes Sedai. 

Welcome to the WoT Kids mafia! Remember that the scenes are only for flavor, there are no hidden clues. This a no roles game, which means that there will only be vanillas and goons. 

The rules

1. Make at least one post each day. Short LOAs are okay if you tell me in advance.

2. No editing.

3. Do not discuss this game outside the thread if you haven´t been given permission to do so.

4. Don´t quote my PMs.

5. Days are 48 hours and nights are 24 hours or when all night actions are received.

6. Day one may last longer.

7. This is a hybrid hammer game. The player with the most votes at the end of deadline will be lynched. If there is a majority, the phase will end as soon as majority is reached. If two or more players have the the same amount of votes I will toss the dice and see who dies.

8. You get one “Oh no, I died “post after death. Do not reveal any information.

9. Votes and unvotes must be bolded and colored red. Use our excellent vote tags. [ v ] Verbal [ /v ] and [ unvote ]. You need to unvote before you vote again.

10. Character reveals are allowed but they won´t help. Note that there might be “good characters” in the mafia and “bad characters” in the town. It all depends on the dices.11. I´m Mod Goddess. My word is law. If you have any questions just ask.

12. This will be a nice game. You don´t tell people that they suck, that they can gfy or that this is the worse they have ever played. You can very well disagree with people without calling them stupid, derp etc. Think about what you write. If I think that you have written something that is not okay then I will give you a warning in the thread. If you do it a second time you will get some kind of pr that is also announced in thread. If you do it a third time then you will get mod killed. Most people will not have any problems with this so no need to worry. If you really feel the need to curse then we have some excellent WoT curses to use. You don´t curse at others of course.

Players:

1. Dar´Jen

2. LZM

3. Lessa, Elayne, Mafia, Lynched D1

4. Ben

5. Rand

6. Nyn

7. Infiniti (mentor: Cory)

8. Shitsure

9. Marsh

I disagree with lynching SK.

I disagree with lynching Rand. We seem to be at an impasse. :unsure:

Gotta go to work. I finished the first scene in GoT, but I'll have to watch the rest when I get home. I can play some at work, but probably not long multi-quote stuff, although I think most of us are Americans in this game, so I will be one of the few (or the only one) awake, so that may not pose a problem. I'll be able to discuss and post before deadline, but I will likely be asleep when it rolls around. 

• RP - LEGACY

So I am hoping that Infiniti has a replacement soon. As that may help make a decision there a bit clearer?

I see points in going after SK and Rand, and I see both of your concerns in doing so.

Nyn was town. I do not feel convinced, yet, that either LZM or Ben are Mafia, so that leaves Marsh. Not had a lot of interaction, with reason, but still am reluctant to go after simply for lack of presence.

I definitely need to get better at making a stand, I know, but as I am trying to grasp the finer points in "reading players" and still feel rather lacking in that department, I'm more apt to listen to an argument, examine the evidence, and decide if I support that stance, rather than try to develop one on my own just yet.

• RP - LEGACY

In the D1 Vote, SK and Infiniti never voted and it was Rand's last minute move that caused Lessa to by lynched.

Not sure if Rand's move at the end was to ensure a lynch. Was it done reluctantly, as he was going for a mafia member? Still not sure if there are one or two left, unless someone has figured that out for sure, and I just haven't picked up on it.

Was SK and Infiniti not voting for legitimate RL reasons, or was it an attempt to be distanced from the vote as they did not want to join the train to take out Lessa?

I am now overly suspicious.

Trying to work this out in a logical fashion, but truth is, folks don't always act logically, and so there's always the possibility of a curve ball.

Sooh is replacing Infiniti. 

Shitsure and Marsh haven´t posted on D2. Marsh will be here today but I will poke Shitsure. 

Vote count

Rand (1) - LZM

Shitsure (2) - Rand, Ben

Not voting: Dar`Jen, Infiniti, Shitsure, Marsh

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

DL is Monday 9 PM CET.

Countdown 

Heyo!

Home sick and 11 hrs to DL. I should be able to get through 500ish posts by then. I'll try to keep the rehashing of old stuff to a minimum, but we'll see. Prolly nap first tho, until I feel better.

I think ben is most suspicious now. has self proclaimed confusion. I am not sure about rand. I would be okay lynching infiniti's slot.

Best do it before I catch up, otherwise you never will.