DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me! Elgee and DarJen and I were the scum team! Great game you guys! I absolutley loved the storyline and being able to earn roles/abilities in the chests. Thanks to Shad and Adella for an awesome game! You all played great!

It was all Shad!!

I can't believe Rhea killed me . . . 

Rhea, if we are ever in another mafia game together, just wanted to let you know you're already on my scumdar! LOL!

Masterful game, Rhea, Elgee, and DJ!

Thanks, Shad and Adella for putting the game together!

First note:

I made a major error with Daruya's ability. Her action should have gone through in spite of her death. I had intended for it to fail under these circumstances when I was designing the game, but that was a misconception on my part and I should have, in hindsight, awarded it after all.

As both Turin and scum interpreted the action order correctly (unlike the lolmod), this did not have an appreciable impact on the outcome of any other actions.

However the message should have gone through, to Rhea, who could have used it to lock the game probably.  I suppose I ought to have compensated scum in some manner, but it just seemed like it would create more confusion than actual rectification.  No adjustments were made.

Characters!

All characters were randed.

lulz @ thinking I would break my game by making the main characters necessarily town.

Rand came to:

4: Turin - Angelina Johnson
9: Lessa - Lee Jordan
8: Ed - Katie Bell
13: Elgee - Lavender Brown
11: Rhea - Cho Chang
12: Devil's Advocate - Luna Lovegood
7: Verbal - Ginny Weasley
6: LedZepMan - Colin Creevey
10: Gentled Ben - Neville Longbottom
14: dicetosser1 - Seamus Finnigan
3: Dar'Jen Ab Owain - Ron Weasley
1: Darthe - Harry Potter
5: Daruya - Dean Thomas
2: charis sedai - Hermione Granger

Actions!

D1:
Lessa vigs Ben
Darthe is lynched

N1:
Devil neighborizes Verbal
Dar'Jen NKs Dice

D2:
Ed is lynched

N2:
Turin protects Turin
Daruya sends peek to Rhea (action failed due to bad modding <_<;)
Rhea NKs Daruya

D3:
Verb is lynched

N3:
Turin vote blocks LZM
Rhea NKs Turin

D4:

LZM is lynched

And items.

The paths had flavor relevance:

Ravenclaw = Investigative
Slytherin = Offensive
Gryffindor = Protective
Hufflepuff = Support

Slytherin items had the most direct value to scum.  Ravenclaw items had the most direct value to town.  Both could potentially be used by the opposite team effectively.  Hufflepuff was fairly neutral and Gryffindor really only benefited town.

Used Powers:
1x Dayvig (Lessa)
1x Neighborizer (Devil)
1x Doctor (Turin)
1x Caroler (Daruya)
1x Thug (Turin)

Unused Powers:
1x Bodyguard (LZM)
1x Roleblock (Elgee)
1x Cop (Dar'Jen)

Yeah about that "bomb"..........

There was no bomb! OMG...LZM that was genious!

Daruya, no worries. I don't usualy make it past D2 in a regular mafia game. I make a lot of stupid moves! I can say that if I meet you again in Mafia I will be very wary indeed. You played brilliantly!

Turin and Vebal also need kudos, you were both awesome!

And I still seriously regret not using my chance to make Harry, Ron, and Hermione the safe claims for the mafia :laugh:

LoL ... but I liked being Malfoy!

But seriously - this was awesome. I can't believe we got away with it, though! We were clueless :P

Thank you so much for this game, Shad & Adella - it was amazing!

And sorry about being so scummy, CJ & Dar ... lol

There was no bomb! OMG...LZM that was genious!

Daruya, no worries. I don't usualy make it past D2 in a regular mafia game. I make a lot of stupid moves! I can say that if I meet you again in Mafia I will be very wary indeed. You played brilliantly!

Turin and Vebal also need kudos, you were both awesome!

Yeah, I wanted to stick around to endgame, then use my bodyguard ability on someone I had a town read on. Turns out all my reads were wrong, so I didn't know who to use it on.

Sorry, I went on vacation out of town as another game began, so I had to drop this like a rock. I had a really good time! This game was well-planned and a lot of work went into it. It was fun on a number of levels and in a few different ways. I really enjoyed the flavor and dungeon crawler aspect of it. That made it like two games in one, and while at times, we allowed (or caused) it to complicate the mafia game, it was well worth it.

Well-played, mafia! I didn't see it all (and probably won't catch up until way after the fact, since I am involved in another game right now), but from what I saw, Elgee and Dar'Jen did a great job of staying under the radar while Rhea held a clinic. That was really masterful, Rhea, although to be fair, I haven't seen a lot of mafia games to compare it with. You should play more often! 

Thanks for putting this game together and modding us through all the insanity! Great jog\b, Shad and Adella!

Yup it was a really good game. You had us completely fooled lol.

Best line from Elgee ... Either Turin is Mafia or he's White Knighting. And so she must be confused Town as both of those things are mafia.

DJ was not really considered at all as mafia lol.

Rhea was getting close to the line of suspicion but others were more so

Just a great job. Also there was not much town finding in this game. Everyone was just hella suspicious of everyone. It was just like olden times!