DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

Is deadline still at Cloudflare . . . I mean 10 p.m. Eastern time?  I'm getting ready to go to a memorial service for an old friend but expect to be back before then.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here are the people who were voting Darthe when he revealed:

Lessa

Ben

Charis

Turin

Daruya

Darjen

Of those, only Ben, Turin, and Daruya posted before the actual day ended.....which means they had time to unvote and no excuse like the others have of "I wasn't here to see the claim from Darthe".

That you guys pushed through a lynch on a Harry Potter claim blows my mind.  Did you really think Harry freakin' Potter would have been a safe fake claim scum had?

Ben is dead and was town (I can't wait to hear his reason for not unvoting, lol)............but both Turin & Daruya posted before deadline, and did not unvote.

I want to know why.  Today.

Popping in and using my phone, so apology for short posts.

I voted Darthe as I didn't have a good feel on anyone. I hate to admit I jumped on a bandwagon, but wanted vote to count. I did not see a claim that he was Harry Potter until after deadline.

Not very knowledgeable in the world of Harry Potter but feel a little guilt in that he got lynched the first night. But as people are saying, and I am learning, anyone can claim they are town, so not sure how to determine who is actually telling the truth. I guess that's where their actions come into play.

Charis is also starting to look more guilty to me. Verbs post asking for explanations is pretty clear that he was speaking to Turin and Dar. Both Lessa and Charis felt the need to defend themselves when it was obvious that they had not posted after Darthe claimed Harry. I don't buy the "it sure sounds like he wanted to hear from all of us" excuse. Because it didn't. 

So you find me and Charis suspicious for us stating why we didn't change our vote from Darthe but you don't think that about Dar'Jen? Don't want your scum mate to take any heat?

Vote:Rhea

Deadline has not changed.  Votes after :59 do not count.  Please stop posting if you notice that Cloudflare has begun.  (Obviously you will not be punished if a post appears a few minutes after deadline under the circumstances.)

*casts protego upon myself and the group, and heads up the mound toward the opening*

Success!

unkA5ur.jpg

As you climb further, a strange figure appears at the top. Surely no one can be down here. Is this some apparition, or?...

turn back turn back

Just a whisper, the voice seems to be coming from nowhere.

turn back turn back turn back

It feels as if it's speaking directly inside of your head.

turnbackturnbackturnbackturnback

The figure guarding the platform is so distant that you can barely make out the outline of a human, yet you are sure that ...it... is looking directly at you. And calling....

TURN BACK TURN BACK TURN BACK

You clasp your hands over your ears, but it does no good. The sound is overwhelming. Crippling.

TURNBACKTURNBACKTURNBACKTURNBACKTURNBACKTURNBACKTURNBACK

What does it mean?!?!  *internal scream to drown the voice*

Lessa

Ben

Charis

Turin

Daruya

Darjen

Of those, only Ben, Turin, and Daruya posted before the actual day ended.....which means they had time to unvote and no excuse like the others have of "I wasn't here to see the claim from Darthe".

That you guys pushed through a lynch on a Harry Potter claim blows my mind.  Did you really think Harry freakin' Potter would have been a safe fake claim scum had?

Ben is dead and was town (I can't wait to hear his reason for not unvoting, lol)............but both Turin & Daruya posted before deadline, and did not unvote.

I voted Darthe as I didn't have a good feel on anyone. I hate to admit I jumped on a bandwagon, but wanted vote to count. I did not see a claim that he was Harry Potter until after deadline.

Not very knowledgeable in the world of Harry Potter but feel a little guilt in that he got lynched the first night. But as people are saying, and I am learning, anyone can claim they are town, so not sure how to determine who is actually telling the truth. I guess that's where their actions come into play.

Charis is also starting to look more guilty to me. Verbs post asking for explanations is pretty clear that he was speaking to Turin and Dar. Both Lessa and Charis felt the need to defend themselves when it was obvious that they had not posted after Darthe claimed Harry. I don't buy the "it sure sounds like he wanted to hear from all of us" excuse. Because it didn't. 

So you find me and Charis suspicious for us stating why we didn't change our vote from Darthe but you don't think that about Dar'Jen? Don't want your scum mate to take any heat?

Well crap. Apparently I missed that post. You are all answering a question that wasn't asked of you. Why would you do that? Verb was pretty obviously asking Dar and Turin. 

*shakes head*

Are all three of you new mafia players?

*sigh*

Bomb in Gryffindor seems weird to me.

Must use D1 day vig shot also seems a bit weird. Possible. I dunno.

I got to go back.to work.

My Things are...

Slytherin: 1x vote block

Gryffindor: 1x doc

Talk in about 5 hours.

You have misconstrued every point I have made today. I don't expect you to stop now.

Yes it's a bomb. If I'm the target of a nk, he/she who targeted me goes with me.

Take that into consideration on your qt.

what did I misconstrue? You got the small Gryffindor chest. It seemed weird that it would give you a bomb effect. My item from Gryffindor is purely beneficial. Now if as you just stated it means you could take your killer out with you on a nk that would be pro town. In that case you probably should have kept it quiet and tried to draw a nk. It seemed to ne that you were stating that it would also kill the last person to vote you if you were lynched. That you seemed to be alright with that despite the danger of losing another townie is not very pro-town IMO. It sounded initially that you were trying to instill fear to keep people from voting you. I will have to go back and check your posts as I was rushing at that point.

So I guess the question for right now is does it work only on nk or does it work on both?

BTW, I'm town so I don't have a QT. Nice try tho.

*shrug* I don't know what to tell you except that when I read it I thought he was asking all of us. Even upon several rereads of that post at this point, I still think it could be taken either way, which makes me wonder why you're pushing on this so hard. 

Lessa

Ben

Charis

Turin

Daruya

Darjen

Well crap. Apparently I missed that post. You are all answering a question that wasn't asked of you. Why would you do that? Verb was pretty obviously asking Dar and Turin. 

*shakes head*

Are all three of you new mafia players?

*sigh*

I might as well be. I think I've played three other games tops. Dar'Jen I think has said that this is her first game ever. I can't speak to Lessa's experience. 

Daruya - If you end up flipping town, I'll be looking towards LZM as a potential candidate for the next lynch.

And by the same token, if you flip maf I'll most likely be voting Turin tomorrow.

I don't know for sure whether you're scum or not, but I feel that your lynch should provide enough information to be worth the risk.

your saying you wanna lynch for information?

i never like that phrase. Either you think someone is town or not.don't try to lynch townies.

Daruya - If you end up flipping town, I'll be looking towards LZM as a potential candidate for the next lynch.

And by the same token, if you flip maf I'll most likely be voting Turin tomorrow.

I don't know for sure whether you're scum or not, but I feel that your lynch should provide enough information to be worth the risk.

your saying you wanna lynch for information?

i never like that phrase. Either you think someone is town or not.don't try to lynch townies.

I'm not a big fan of that either.

@ Charis, I was pushing it because it seemed odd, then all three of you pop up doing the same thing and now I'm not sure anymore. 

I still feel like Lessa's vote on Darthe was opportunistic and her only reason was that Darthe didn't have a good enough reason for voting Dar. I didn't see anywhere after that where she really had anything else on him.if there was please show me. She started the train on him, and regardless of who came back or who didn't after his Harry claim, her vote initiated the whole thing. I also know that it sounded like she was paying to the flavor of the game as well, but the polyjuice posts didn't sit well with me. It felt to me like she was buddying up to Daruya. Which is what a scum player will do with a townie. It was also distracting and didn't make sense. Then she defends Daruya, which is also on my list of scummy things to do. Now her OMGUS vote on me because of what, me being sus of her and you but not DarJen, which is a pretty thin excuse and makes me even more sure she is up to no good. I didn't see DarJen post her response and I really don't want to waste my vote today. I do not believe Daruya is scum, nor Turin for that matter. I'm not 100% but they read more townie to me than anyone else at this point. So that leaves LZM. 

My notes in green, mostly for myself, feel free to use if helpful. 

ROSTER:

1. Turin Turambar- protecting Daruya. Either both scum or neither. After LZM for I think (but could be misremembering!) shaky reasons
2. Lessa Nikia- being seen as defensive by Rhea. 
3. ed2funy- dead a** not posting enough. Seriously, might be worth a lynch to me. 
4. Elgee- only comment recently was agreeing with Verby, would like to see more. 
5. Rhea- after Lessa and maybe me. Personally, I find that a bit aggressive. 
6. Devil's Advocate- willing to lynch TOwn for information. Does that also mean he's scum? 
7. Verbal32- was very interested in responses that he then hasn't posted about. 
8. LedZepMan- after Turin for an actual potentially logical reason, but has now switched vote to Daruya, again, maybe for info?
9. Gentled Ben (m: Nyn) - Neville Longbottom, Town - Killed D1- dead
10. dicetosser1 - Seamus Finnigan, Town - Killed N1- dead
11. Dar'Jen Ab Owain- obviously new, not providing a lot of back up to anyone. 
12. Darthe - Harry Potter, Town - Lynched D1
13. Daruya- it bothers me that we've got no character reveal here, esp. with how interested she has been in game mechanics and wording and such. however, if she is scum, she certainly isn't trying to get us to lynch someone else, as she has not voted. 
14. charis sedai- just trying to keep her head out of the lake. 

@ Charis, I was pushing it because it seemed odd, then all three of you pop up doing the same thing and now I'm not sure anymore. 

I still feel like Lessa's vote on Darthe was opportunistic and her only reason was that Darthe didn't have a good enough reason for voting Dar. I didn't see anywhere after that where she really had anything else on him.if there was please show me. She started the train on him, and regardless of who came back or who didn't after his Harry claim, her vote initiated the whole thing. I also know that it sounded like she was paying to the flavor of the game as well, but the polyjuice posts didn't sit well with me. It felt to me like she was buddying up to Daruya. Which is what a scum player will do with a townie. It was also distracting and didn't make sense. Then she defends Daruya, which is also on my list of scummy things to do. Now her OMGUS vote on me because of what, me being sus of her and you but not DarJen, which is a pretty thin excuse and makes me even more sure she is up to no good. I didn't see DarJen post her response and I really don't want to waste my vote today. I do not believe Daruya is scum, nor Turin for that matter. I'm not 100% but they read more townie to me than anyone else at this point. So that leaves LZM. 

Thanks Rhea. I'll agree that some of that does seem weird on her part.

Turin, I'm here and forget it, I'm with you, if I can post so can he. VOTE ED