DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of thrones - Season 7

Niniel

Well considering how outmatched the Lannisters looked back at the start of the season, it shouldn't be too surprising to see them turn the tables a bit and become a threat again. Having them get rolled would be rather anti-climatic from a story standpoint.

A fitting end to LOL DORNE arc. Benioff & Weiss are going to do their best to give Lena Headey that long-deserved Emmy win. If you've crossed Cersei, uh, good luck this season.

Olenna got to go out with a nice middle finger at least. Confirmation of Tyrion's innocence re: Joffrey I imagine will probably effect Jamie's arc in some way.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed this episode as well, even though there are details that I wish that they had done differently. 

I like all the ways they are refering to things that have already happened in the series. Like mentioning Maester Luwin, Tyrion quoting Bronn or the way Tyrion and Jon greated each other. It´s like they are tying it all together before the real war begins. 

Winterfell: Sansa is thinking ahead. It´s important to think about food when winter is here. It´s good to see that she is managing being in charge. (Although, how did she know about the breast plates?) It was great to see Bran coming home but he has changed a lot. Did he loose his feelings on the other side of the wall?  And seriously, how hard can it be to explain that there were a Three Eyed Raven that died and now Bran has taken over that title? And it might not be a good thing to remind Sansa about that horrible marriage. I wonder if Meera will stay or go home. I hope she stays. I´m happy that I was wrong about Bran telling Sansa about Jon not being their brother. He might save it for Jon. 

Dragonstone: It was great to see Jon and Tyrion. The bastard of Winterfell meeting the dwarf of Casterly Rock. It was so funny when the dragons flew over them. Jon and Davos were the only ones who fell to the ground. I don´t think Dany is written so well. She is balancing between being a dragon and decisive and soft and understanding. That is all good but it seems a bit random at times and you never know which Dany you will see. I like her scene with Jon though. As Tyrion said, they are a lot alike. Both are stubborn. lol It´s good for both of them that they have Tyrion that is willing to help them both. I think he might see the bigger picture. Sometimes I wish that they could talk more. Dany could have let Jon explain what the White Walkers are and about his experiences.

Btw, how funny was it when Missandei introduced Dany with all her titles and Davos was all like "ehm, this is Jon Snow.... ehm, right, King in the North." lol It´s also funny how Jon says "I´m not a Stark" and later Dany saying "I´m the last Targaryen". 

I´m really sad to see Melisandre go. I guess it´s because Carice had a child and didn´t want to film much. I was looking forward to see her with Davos again. I´m happy that she will return though. I like that she has gotten more humble now. And she is one of few that can scare Varys. lol

It doesn´t go very well for team Dragonstone right now. But I guess it was expected. I don´t know if they will win the war, maybe the real war will come between? I think they will win some battles though.

King´s Landing: Great scenes over all. I thought Euron would be more upset with Cersei for postponing their wedding. I doubt there will be a wedding. Euron will probably not live to see the next season. The scene with Ellaria and Tyene was horrible, so horrible. But it´s a fitting revenge. When Cersei talked about Myrcella it looked like she was really sad about her death but soon she became crazy Cersei again. It was creepy how she seemed to get turned on by tormenting them. 

Jaime... ehm... there have been so many times when it seems like he is going to finally realise that he is on the wrong path but then he goes back to Cersei again. When will he leave her? Or will he leave her?

About the Iron Bank - do they really support slavery? 

Oldtown: Well that was a quick treatment but I´m happy that Jorah is well. It will be great to see him in Westeros. It was a touching moment between him and Sam. Was I the only one that got a bit afraid when the shook hands? Sam must have been really sure that he had succeeded. I wonder how long Sam will stay in Oldtown. 

Casterly Rock: We didn´t really get to see the battle but I don´t mind since I don´t like battles much. Too bad that Grey Worm got fooled. (The armys are moving at a very high speed this season but let´s forget about that.) I find it odd that Jaime didn´t mind sacrifying a lot of his men there. 

High Garden: Olenna died as a queen. The way she just drank the whole cup at once. Wow! I wish we had seen other photos of High Garden. It´s supposed to be a beautiful place but I guess they didn´t have the time to show it. I had hoped that we would have seen more of Bronn but I hope that we will see more of him later on. Hopefully he will meet Tyrion again. 

Already looking forward to next episode. :)

Well considering how outmatched the Lannisters looked back at the start of the season, it shouldn't be too surprising to see them turn the tables a bit and become a threat again. Having them get rolled would be rather anti-climatic from a story standpoint.

A fitting end to LOL DORNE arc. Benioff & Weiss are going to do their best to give Lena Headey that long-deserved Emmy win. If you've crossed Cersei, uh, good luck this season.

Olenna got to go out with a nice middle finger at least. Confirmation of Tyrion's innocence re: Joffrey I imagine will probably effect Jamie's arc in some way.

re: Lannisters I disagree. The real fight is with the dead. I could absolutely see them getting rolled in 2 or 3 eps and the rest of the show focusing on the dead. Obviously it's not going that route but it could have.

Also, regarding Sansa, I feel like she's been puffed up a bit.

She may have gained some Machiavellian tutelage under littlefinger as well as retain her own natural intelligence....but I feel like the show has pushed it to absurd levels.

Like you mentioned about the leather and the breast plates. Sansa may be intelligent and she may be a schemer now but where did she learn war? Where did she learn such a minute detail of war?

I think they just wanted to take advantage of the actress (I think her name is Sophie right?) and her uhhh presence? Charisma? IDK whatever. I think they're giving her a larger role than she might have in the books is what I'm trying to say.

Oldtown: Well that was a quick treatment but I´m happy that Jorah is well. It will be great to see him in Westeros. It was a touching moment between him and Sam. Was I the only one that got a bit afraid when the shook hands? Sam must have been really sure that he had succeeded. I wonder how long Sam will stay in Oldtown. 

I think that was the point.

Sam was so sure he'd cured Jorah that he risked infecting himself just to shake his hand.

I think it was meant to be touching for Jorah. Like he's regained his humanity.

Sorry for the triple post I just kept thinking of another thing I wanted to say lol, I'll stop now.

• Community Administrator

I hate to like the Lannisters but damn it everyone likes a winner right? And right now they are winning. Regardless of whether I like them or not I wanted to see revenge for Myrcella. Watching your daughters corpse rot seems worthy. Do you remember Cersei contemplating that same thing when Myrcella was having her funeral?

So, recap: Greyjoy Armada Jr is out of play, Dorne is out of play, and High Garden is out of play. Gray Worm is trapped in Casterly Rock and out of play at least for the time being. What's left? The Dothraki and some dragons? The conquest of Westeros is off to a pretty bad start. That said Cersei controls like 1/7 kingdoms and all she really has backing her is the Lannister army and Greyjoy Armada Sr. Looks like this could be a pretty even fight if the main armies ever come together for a big battle. Jon Snow and the North could absolutely tip the scales though which gives him leverage but Northerners haven't done so well in the South in recent times and probably wouldn't want to go. Especially with an army of the dead waiting for them when they come back so ehhhh I don't really see them joining the fight even if they join with the invasion.

Seems to me, that somehow Snow, or Tyrion, or someone is going to intercept the 'coin' Cersi promised in full to the bank of Bravos... Which she obtained from High Garden... And is obviously the reason they gave up Casterly Rock.

This is going to piss off the bravos Bank, and either have them sending an army after Cersi, Blockading Cersi, or outright backing Danny. (even though they were financially harmed via the slave-trade that danny disrupted)

re: Lannisters I disagree. The real fight is with the dead. I could absolutely see them getting rolled in 2 or 3 eps and the rest of the show focusing on the dead. Obviously it's not going that route but it could have.

Obviously the Night King is the "primary threat" of the story, but Cersei's hugely important as a secondary antagonist (and they only one with PoV) & her mantle would be extremely difficult for anyone to take up. The Lannisters weren't going to go down quiet. I'm not sure Cersei will make it out of this season, but her arc seems far from over.

Saw this on reddit thought it was funny

Sansa: hey Bran! Welcome back

Bran: I'm not Bran, I'm the three eyed raven
======
Sansa: Hey Arya, welcome back!
Arya: I'm not Arya, I'm no one
======
Sansa: Hi Jon, welcome again
Jon: I am not a Stark, I am a Targaryen
======
Sansa: Hi Theon, welcome back
Theon: I am not Theon, I am Reek
======
Sansa: Hi Uncle Benjen, nice to see you alive
Benjen: Sorry I am half-dead
======
Sansa: fu*k you all! I'm out!

Also, regarding Sansa, I feel like she's been puffed up a bit.

She may have gained some Machiavellian tutelage under littlefinger as well as retain her own natural intelligence....but I feel like the show has pushed it to absurd levels.

Like you mentioned about the leather and the breast plates. Sansa may be intelligent and she may be a schemer now but where did she learn war? Where did she learn such a minute detail of war?

I think they just wanted to take advantage of the actress (I think her name is Sophie right?) and her uhhh presence? Charisma? IDK whatever. I think they're giving her a larger role than she might have in the books is what I'm trying to say.

I think it's fair to say that growing up in the castle, she would have seen soldiers everywhere all the time, and a reasonable question, even from a girl who is more interested in court than combat, might be, "What good does that leather do when they're already covered in steel? That's just stupid to add leather to it, don't you think, Daddy?" 

I thought that Sophie was the weak link in the first season, maybe the first season-and-a-half. Her acting was wooden. She looked the part, but that was her most redeeming quality in the role, as all of her dialogue seemed forced as well as some of her expressions. Then late in season 2, she improved (it could simply have been the scripts), and then she came on quickly, becoming a stronger and stronger actress, so that by the time she was in the Vale, I thought she was a show-stealer, and apparently, the producers do, as well. I'm not sure if her role in the show is larger than her role in the books will be (should they ever be written), but I don't mind her chewing up the screen, as I think at this point, she is an excellent actress and one of the show's strengths. Besides, it's nice to see a Stark kick ass after being down for so long.

MAYBE

But you're left to assume that is the case rather than it being shown that that is in fact the case.

With a show that usually pays attention to such details skipping over that is a pretty big slip which I think lends more credence to the case that Sansa is better trained and more sure of herself than she probably should be in this instance.

And just to address your unshown example of Sansa asking Ned about the leather, in the world of Westeros women are almost never warriors. Ned could have just as easily told her it was none of her concern as answered the question in detail. And what we know of Sansa's character is that she probably wouldn't ask such a thing in the first place, Arya was the tomboy remember?

Just feels out of place.

It's fine for the show I guess but if the books ever finish I suspect we'll see a different Sansa from the one being portrayed here.

Either we assume that she knows, or we assume that she doesn't. Both are assumptions. There are lots of female characters who are versed in warfare or are fighters themselves: Tara Greyjoy, all the Wildlings, the Facelees Man assassin who takes the part of the waif, Brienne of Tarth, the Sand Snakes, Cersei, Meera Reed, the Mormont women. Sure, Sansa is mo fighter, but it's common enough among women that a Lord may well answer a daughter's question on martial matters.

Yeah, book Sansa is a political animal more than a leader, but they have twisted this story and have to run with what they have.

Several of those aren't even Westerosi, to be fair.

All of them except for the waif are in Westeros. Dorne is in Westeros. The North is in Westeros, as is everything north of it. Tarth is an island off the coast of Westeros, so I guess you can split hairs over that, although Corsica is part of Europe, and so is Britain for that matter, Brexit or not.

ACTUAL THOUGHTS THAT WENT THROUGH MY HEAD WHILE WATCHING S7 E4:

That's a relatively narrow road from Higharden to King's Landing. :unsure:

Aaaaaand that's a lot of gold.

Bronn! Snarky as always!

I love the fact that they're discussing the "there IS no more High Septon" thing, with that whole unspoken "Cersei blew him up" hanging there

Bronn wants his wife and his castle of course...  Oh, he wants HIGHGARDEN.  That'd be interesting.

Bronn misses Tyrion, doesn't he? :biggrin:

Cersei is redefining a lot of terms *coughcough*

"...establishing control over this continent and every person on it"  Well that's just disturbing.

That gold's not going to arrive, is it?  *snerk*

Ahahaha, nice fake out with the dagger being drawn in the previews... giving it to Bran isn't going to make him trust you, Littlefinger.

"I imagine you've seen things most men wouldn't believe."  Hahahaha, you have NO IDEA.

CHAOS IS A LADDER.  Oh my.  That'll make him nervous.

Meera!  She's still around :biggrin:  Oh.  She's leaving. :sad:

Emotionless Bran is emotionless.

AMG ARYA!!!!!!!

Nobody ever believes who she is... :sad:

Aww man... no Rodrik, no Maester Luwin, no Jon....   But Sansa is "Lady Stark", that's cool right?

LOL, those guys are scared of herrrrrrrrrr :laugh:

Awww, Sansa knows just where to find Arya.

Yeah, Jon's gonna be so happy to see Arya when he gets home. :wub:

Sansa, she's so not kidding about her kill list!

Awww, Arya hugged Sansa.  That's so sweet.

"Bran has visions."  Understatement of the year.

Sansa's very curious about this list of names... I think she's all "how can I make use of this vicious killer in my home... hmmmmm"

And Arya has the dagger. PLEASE KILL LITTLEFINGER WITH IT.  PLEASE.

Brienne looking all misty eyed at seeing Sansa and Arya back home.   :wub:

Missandei all worried about Grey Worm. :unsure:

"Many things?" *eyebrow raised* LOL... girl talk interrupted by Jon.

That is quiiiiite a lot of dragonglass.

Jon wants to show her something else?  Like, stuff he's good at doing in a cave?  *waggles eyebrows*

Oooh, pictographs from the Children of the Forest! :ohmy:

That's um... very detailed and creepy cave paintings.

Of course she'll demand he bend the knee before she'll help the North.  *sigh*  OF COURSE.

And now Tyrion has to be the bearer of bad news.

*grimace*  Dany is um.... not pleased.

And Dany asks Jon for advice. Nice. 

More Brienne beating the crap out of Pod, nice.

Oooh, Arya chimes in.   :laugh:  "Don't fight someone like her in the first place."

Arya asking Brienne to train with her, since she beat the Hound.   :biggrin:  This should be fun!

Whooooo, Arya is such a badass. 

Sansa's all "how did my baby sister become such a badass?!"

"Who taught you how to do that?"  "No one."   :unsure::laugh:

That look between Arya and Littlefinger?  THAT MEANS SOMETHING.

Davos asking Jon what he thinks of Dany...  "eh... she's a'ight."

"I noticed you staring at her good heart." OMGROFL  I AM GOING TO DIE

LOL DAVOS CHANNELING STANNIS... "Fewer."  NO YOU ARE KILLING ME

Missandei trying to clarify Jon Snow's confusing status as a bastard.  *snerk*

Davos clearly impressed.  

"Will you forgive me if I switch sides?"   :laugh:

Ahhh, the return of Theon.

Jon's not gonna be too thrilled with seeing Theon again.

Well, that was tense. :unsure:

:huh: Dany left.

Ohhhhhh, Jaime and and the army.  Well this is gonna be messy.

All the gold is safely through the gates at King's Landing?  Damn.  I was hoping they'd meet with an unfortunate accident before Cersei could get her paws on it.

"Ser Jaime." "Rickon." "Dickon."  *snerk* 

"Didn't they teach you that at Fancy Lad School?"  LOL Bronn.

Oooooooh.... that sound?  That's um... lots of hoofbeats.

That's a lovely shield wall.  Nice for beng roasted alive by dragons.

The Dothraki sound like they're having a ball.

OHHHH CRAP.  DROGON.

DRACARYS.

Toasted Lannisters, mmmmm.

Dothraki firing arrows from horseback may be the coolest thing I've seen on this show.

Bronn's all "I am not getting paid well enough for this."

Dany's all "Ya missed me."  Why isn't she wearing armor?   :huh:

Jaime appears to have gotten better at left handed fighting.

Ahhh, saved by Rickon.  I mean, Dickon.

Yeeeeesh, poor horse.

Oh hey.  Gold.

Everything is freaking on fire.  Man, Sandor is lucky he's not there.

Scorpion bolt through a Dothraki.... that's um... Overkill.

Oooh, Tyrion's there.  

Randyll Tarly on fire?  

Bronn is a good archer... but apparently unlike Rickon Stark, dragons can zigzag.

Nervous Tyrion is nervous.

Ooo!  Ouchies!

Now you've ANNOYED THE DRAGON.

Dany.  Standing there unprotected trying to pull the bolt out of the dragon is NOT SMART

Oh crap, Jaime.

Whoo. Jaime just almost got his butt roasted.   :unsure:

Hmm.  Predicting Jaime taken as captive next week?  Also, someone's gonna have to suggest a political marriage between Jon and Dany at some point.  Who will be the first to suggest it?  I predict Davos.

Next week on GoT... Jon's back in Winterfell WOOO. Whoops... guess he's just hearing from Winterfell.  And DRAGON IN THE FACE

Edited by Songstress