DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of thrones - Season 7

Niniel

I read a theory on a "missed detail" that I don't think was actually intended but sounded kind of right.

Littlefinger loved Cat and tried to marry her but was rejected by her father for not being important enough. So Littlefinger's entire life from then on was dedicated to gaining power and wealth. Trying to be "Somebody", as in Somebody important.

Arya has spent almost the entire events of the series trying to leave behind her legacy as a Stark because it was deadly to her. Everyone wanted something from Arya Stark so she traveled half way around the world to become "Nobody".

In the end: Nobody killed Somebody.

Again, I don't think this was actually intended I think it's just a case of a fan finding a funny little detail, but it is funny regardless.

:D

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get the

Arya slashing littlefinger's throat GIF to match with the Tyrion slapping Joffrey one???

Too soon?

Littlefinger: none of you were there. You don't know what happened.

Bran: you held the dagger to Ned's throat. You told him "I told you not to trust me."

Littlefinger: oh poo.

It´s good to have a tree god brother. :D

Do we know target release date of the next season? Rumors are 2019?

They're starting pre-production already, plus a recent interview with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau indicated filming starts in October. From what I've read those who are familiar with the business of production are predicting filming will go on through March, probably, and then they'll need a lot of post-production time for CGI. Best guess i've seen is most likely it'll be fall 2018, although it could push to 2019 if needed.

Something about the push to 2019 so that the show doesn't totally out-pace/eclipse the books? But then i read somewhere that Martin was using the show and the books to tell two "different" endings?

Nah, Martin's not going to release the end of the story before 2019 in any way shape or form, at best he has 2 more books to publish and the first of those isn't done yet. They're not holding the final season of the show waiting on him for anything. HBO will air it when it's ready and it makes sense for their interests, regardless of what George would have wanted.

The end point of the show will get to the same basic end point as the books, but there's no guarantee the same people will even be alive for it or play the same role in it, and that's ok. It leaves more to be discovered from the books when we get them.

One of the common criticisms of the TV show is that it's become more fanfiction than adaptation. And I can't deny that, especially after Season 5... but it's still very well done and with more inside knowledge of the author's future plans than your average fanfic.

I kinda want to go back and rewatch much of season 1/2 to get a better glimpse into the tyrion/cersi and little finger/everyone back stories.

Now that the season is over I need to finish my rewatch  commentary - i left off mid-Season 2.  :laugh:

I've just started to re-read the books. I still have hopes for Winds of Winter early 2018.

Yeah, next kindle i get i'll start reading them silently.

Did you read them out loud on your last Kindle? :unsure:

Ha! I mean, i read books on my Kindle that I don't want people to know i'm reading...

I've just started to re-read the books. I still have hopes for Winds of Winter early 2018.

Yeah, next kindle i get i'll start reading them silently.

Did you read them out loud on your last Kindle? :unsure:

Ha! I mean, i read books on my Kindle that I don't want people to know i'm reading.

Kindle is good for that. :wink:

What about our top 10 things about season 7? It was hard to pick but here is mine:

1. The Stark siblings are back in Winterfell. They have become great in their own ways. Arya -. the faceless girl, Bran - tree wizard, Sansa - lady of Winterfell. Their reunions weren´t as sweet as I would have hoped for but they were "realistic" and I liked that. 

2. The Dragons! They look so good!!! 

3. Reunions and call backs. I love all of them. One of my favourites were Brienne and Sandor and the way they talked about Arya as proud parents. Tyrion - Jon was great as well. As Tyrion - Bronn and... there were so many. (The only one left that I would have hoped for was Davos - Melisandre.)

4. Jaime leaving Cersei. Finally! And that beautiful scene when it started to snow. 

5. Nymeria! It was a short scene but I loved it. Too bad that we didn´t see Ghost (they really need to remember Ghost in the last season) but at least we got Nymeria. I hope she will bring her pack north and join the great war.

6. Littlefinger is dead! Yay! The Stark siblings were a great team. I think Sofie Turner has been great all season but she was fantastic in this scene. "And yet you betrayed me..." 

7. Lady Olenna getting that final epic scene. "Tell Cersei, I want her to know..." I will miss her.

8. The Lannister siblings are back together ... sort of. The scenes with the Lannisters are always great. So much hate... and love? 

9. Dany returning to Westeros. Everyone getting together. 

10. And finally, as we had expected, the Wall came down! Because of undead dragon! So cool. 

I could have easily mentioned a lot of small moments and quotes. I didn´t pick Jon and Dany, even though the are great together, because they will feel so bad when they find out that they are related.

What does your top 10 list look like? 

Little finger gets a new throat hole.

Night king gets a new ride.

Winter comes early to the Twins.

Dracaris!! How do you like your Tarley? Well done.

Cersei's face when the Wight came at her. If only Sandor was a tick slower, LOL.

Jon meets Dany... Danerys Stormborn, blah, blah, blah... Davos says "this is Jon Snow. Oh yeah, he's King of the North."

Sam cures Jorah. When asked how, he says "I read the instructions,LDO"

Jamie leaves Cersei.

Tormund talking about Brienne to Sandor.

10) House Tyrell will grow no stronger. :sad:

9)  Tyrion speaks with Jaime and Cersei about killing their father, general familial dysfunction, etc

8) Jaime left Cersei

7) Dany lands in Westeros, reclaims Dragonstone

6) 3 of 4 survivng Stark sibling reunite at Winterfell

5) Littlefinger dies shortly after. :laugh:

4) Ice Dragon

3) Winter came for House Frey

2) Wall came down

1) Jon and Dany, the Songs of Ice and Fire, finally make beautiful (yuck) music together

It's really kind of a toss up for me between the Wall being breached and Jon and Dany getting together, as they have both been foreshadowed since the first book or so. The Wall is probably a bigger deal, but it's not a character that I am invested in, like Jon and Dany, so they are more important to me than the Wall is even though the Wall coming down is probably more important to the story than Jon and Dany falling in love. Still, it's my list, so that's how I ranked it.

Edited by Gentled Ben

I didn´t rank mine because it was hard to do so. 

Winter comes early to the Twins.

Dracaris!! How do you like your Tarley? Well done.

Jon meets Dany... Danerys Stormborn, blah, blah, blah... Davos says "this is Jon Snow. Oh yeah, he's King of the North."

Sam cures Jorah. When asked how, he says "I read the instructions,LDO"

Arya at the Twins was a great start of the season.

Poor Dickon. He seemed like a nice guy.

lol  I loved the presentation.

Sam really does read the instructions. :D

10) House Tyrell will grow no stronger. :sad:

9)  Tyrion speaks with Jaime and Cersei about killing their father, general familial dysfunction, etc

8) Jaime left Cersei

7) Dany lands in Westeros, reclaims Dragonstone

6) 3 of 4 survivng Stark sibling reunite at Winterfell

5) Littlefinger dies shortly after. :laugh:

4) Ice Dragon

3) Winter came for House Frey

2) Wall came down

1) Jon and Dany, the Songs of Ice and Fire, finally make beautiful (yuck) music together

It's really kind of a toss up for me between the Wall being breached and Jon and Dany getting together, as they have both been foreshadowed since the first book or so. The Wall is probably a bigger deal, but it's not a character that I am invested in, like Jon and Dany, so they are more important to me than the Wall is even though the Wall coming down is probably more important to the story than Jon and Dany falling in love. Still, it's my list, so that's how I ranked it.

I get what you mean. Even though many thought (and hoped) Dany and Jon would get together it was more "certain" that the Wall would come down. So it wasn´t as much of a shock or mystery. It was really cool though. 

I wonder if these past two seasons would seem as epic if the books had been finished first. I suspect that part of what makes them so amazing is that it is all new to us, but if we had read what Martin intended, we might well have been cringing at how badly they are ruining it. I'm kind of glad it is going this way, though. This way, the books get to be better for the first five seasons, and the show gets to shine for the last three.