DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of thrones - Season 7

Niniel

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dornish have pretty much sucked on the show except for the Red Viper. Cersei has to make a go of it, or else there wouldn't be much drama, so I'm okay with what happened. If I could choose which characters to sacrifice, it would have been all of those clowns. Too bad one was left at the end.

I think Nymeria will have a different response to Arya in the book, as she has had dreams of being in her skin, but perhaps not, as she is becoming No One in Braavos, and she warged a cat. It was nice to see her laugh last week though and to make her decision last night.

Good grief, Sam's like. "Hey, I'm gonna flay you from the waist up, and I need you to not holler, okay?" 

I liked this episode too.. They are trying to tie everything together now and I think they are doing a (mostly) good job. For example:

* Dany reminding Varys that Viserys believed that all the commoners and lords where secretly waiting for them.

* Tyrion and Jon remembering each other with fondness.

* "All dwarfs are bastards in their father´s eyes."

* "We don´t poison little girls."

* Arya meeting Nymeria.

* Sam remembering Jeor and now helps his son.

Love all those moments.

Winterfell: The only thing that was wrong was that Jon shouldn´t had let go of Littlefinger. Please kill him! There is nothing left for him to do now. And he is so annoying!

It´s great that Jon is going to see Dany now, I´m really looking forward to their meeting. Lucky that he has Davos who actually use his brain. Fire kills the weights... hm... maybe we could use some dragons? :D I think that Jon looks like Robb in some shots.

I liked that Sansa remembered Tyrion in a good way. "Tyrion is not like the other Lannisters. He was always kind to me." She never apprichiated him before (and that´s not strange considering what happend to her) but now she actually remember him being kind. I was happy to hear that.

Dragonstone: I liked the talk between Dany and Varys. She is always on the edge of getting out of hand so it´s good with people that can remind her of what her true mission is. It seems like Varys really is all about the common people. Don´t think that´s the same in the books.

Great to see a war council of mostly women.

Melisandre is back! Yay! She has become more down to earth since her failures. Or as down to earth you can be when you take orders from a fire god. :D

It was lovely to see the scene with Grey Worm and Misandei. There are few couples left that actually love each other. The scene was maybe too long but it´s nice to see something romantic as well. Does this mean one of them will die?

Riverlands: Hotpie! I wish I could taste one of his pies. :D Arya is finally heading north. I loved the scene with Nymeria! She has her own life, with her own pack now but I´m sure she will help Arya somehow in the war to come.

King´s Landing: That weapon is not good. One of the dragons is doomed. :( I wonder if Tarly will survive to become Warden of the South. It´s a little weird that Jaime talks about how mad Aerys was - the Tyrells and Tarlys were fighting for him after all.

Oldtown: Ewww... Poor Jorah! And poor Sam! It was so funny when he drank first. It´s also funny because book Sam can´t hardly see blood.

Narrow Sea: A great and horrible battle. The Sand snakes where so much better in this fight. Not that it helped them though. Yara and Euron was awesome. But Theon... poor, poor Theon. I just love Alfie. He is going to feel so bad about this. Not that I think he could have done much but the last thing he saw was Yara´s face.

Great episode. Looking forward to the next already.

Edited by Niniel

• Community Administrator

This is why they shouldn't have killed Ramsey.

He could have helped Jorah.

I thought the same thing! :laugh:

3rded

Well, not so much on Ramsey, but they should have kept one of the Bolton flayers around... They could do it and keep Jorah alive at the same time!

I didn't like the battle on the narrow sea, but mainly because I've never historically liked any of the participants (yara/theon, sandsnakes, euron), but generally cheer "For" danny and against "cersi" so in that sense, it was a "loss"

The scene in old city was interesting, but i was expecting some application of dragon glass?

I like the set up of Jon and Danny

From the leaks.

Qyburn said that the best blacksmiths had made the dragon weapon. Gendry will show up this season. I wonder if he was one of them? If so, maybe he can warn Dany? Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

I'm just here for a hearty LOL DORNE, for all in power who tried to get revenge on the Lannisters for what happened to Elia and have a list of accomplishments that reads

1. kill a young girl who was perhaps the only good apple off the tree

2. turn metaphorically soulless killing machine gregor clegane into a literally soulless killing machine

good work, way to go you guys, you really nailed it

I liked this episode too.. They are trying to tie everything together now and I think they are doing a (mostly) good job. For example:

* Dany reminding Varys that Viserys believed that all the commoners and lords where secretly waiting for them.

* Tyrion and Jon remembering each other with fondness.

* "All dwarfs are bastards in their father´s eyes."

* "We don´t poison little girls."

* Arya meeting Nymeria.

* Sam remembering Jeor and now helps his son.

Love all those moments.

Winterfell: The only thing that was wrong was that Jon shouldn´t had let go of Littlefinger. Please kill him! There is nothing left for him to do now. And he is so annoying!

It´s great that Jon is going to see Dany now, I´m really looking forward to their meeting. Lucky that he has Davos who actually use his brain. Fire kills the weights... hm... maybe we could use some dragons? :D I think that Jon looks like Robb in some shots.

I liked that Sansa remembered Tyrion in a good way. "Tyrion is not like the other Lannisters. He was always kind to me." She never apprichiated him before (and that´s not strange considering what happend to her) but now she actually remember him being kind. I was happy to hear that.

Dragonstone: I liked the talk between Dany and Varys. She is always on the edge of getting out of hand so it´s good with people that can remind her of what her true mission is. It seems like Varys really is all about the common people. Don´t think that´s the same in the books.

Great to see a war council of mostly women.

Melisandre is back! Yay! She has become more down to earth since her failures. Or as down to earth you can be when you take orders from a fire god. :D

It was lovely to see the scene with Grey Worm and Misandei. There are few couples left that actually love each other. The scene was maybe too long but it´s nice to see something romantic as well. Does this mean one of them will die?

Riverlands: Hotpie! I wish I could taste one of his pies. :D Arya is finally heading north. I loved the scene with Nymeria! She has her own life, with her own pack now but I´m sure she will help Arya somehow in the war to come.

King´s Landing: That weapon is not good. One of the dragons is doomed. :( I wonder if Tarly will survive to become Warden of the South. It´s a little weird that Jaime talks about how mad Aerys was - the Tyrells and Tarlys were fighting for him after all.

Oldtown: Ewww... Poor Jorah! And poor Sam! It was so funny when he drank first. It´s also funny because book Sam can´t hardly see blood.

Narrow Sea: A great and horrible battle. The Sand snakes where so much better in this fight. Not that it helped them though. Yara and Euron was awesome. But Theon... poor, poor Theon. I just love Alfie. He is going to feel so bad about this. Not that I think he could have done much but the last thing he saw was Yara´s face.

Great episode. Looking forward to the next already.

I agree with most of your points, but not Littlefinger. That dude has game, and Jon should have made use of him instead of making him an enemy. Failing that, then yeah, he should have killed him. 

I'm not so sure about the war council of women. It seems to me that they immediately lost two of those women (and good riddance to both) and their entire fleet. 

I didn't like the battle on the narrow sea, but mainly because I've never historically liked any of the participants (yara/theon, sandsnakes, euron), but generally cheer "For" danny and against "cersi" so in that sense, it was a "loss"

The scene in old city was interesting, but i was expecting some application of dragon glass?

I like the set up of Jon and Danny

Same here, on all points.

I'm just here for a hearty LOL DORNE, for all in power who tried to get revenge on the Lannisters for what happened to Elia and have a list of accomplishments that reads

1. kill a young girl who was perhaps the only good apple off the tree

2. turn metaphorically soulless killing machine gregor clegane into a literally soulless killing machine

good work, way to go you guys, you really nailed it

Right? They're a fail machine, like the southern version of the Starks. 

Show Dorne is soon to be a dead plot, and thank goodness.

Still intrigued for Book Dorne. I expect much more.

Same here. The show ruined Dorne beyond the Red Viper. They will not be missed, but I'm intrigued by them in the books.

I like Yara (Asha Greyjoy) in the books alright, but I didn't care for her on the show, so good riddance, but the ships were useful, and I'm on Team Dany, so dammit.

Dang, Theon couldn't man up again, but it's probably just as well. Euron would have killed him. He (Theon) is such an interesting character in the books. I thought the Reek chapters were the best part of A Dance with Dragons. I went from hating Theon, to feeling a little sorry for him, to cheering for him. On the show, he was more sympathetic from the start, so it's just sort of sad to see him turn coward after making so much progress, but I understand. He's been traumatized, Yara hasn't been very good to him, and Euron would have slain him an instant after killing Yara in front of him.

I LOL'd about the northern Lord saying they couldn't trust a Targaryan...

Surprise!!

also about the dragon balista, they better have loads of them or develop a good aiming mount/mechanism or it isn't gonna work very well. Cause you probably only get one shot each. If that.

I LOL'd about the northern Lord saying they couldn't trust a Targaryan...

Surprise!!

also about the dragon balista, they better have loads of them or develop a good aiming mount/mechanism or it isn't gonna work very well. Cause you probably only get one shot each. If that.

They don't know about Jon's parentage yet.

I think the Lannisters have as much chance as a watermelon at a Gallagher show, but I suppose there has to be some tension to it, so maybe they'll wound or kill a dragon. I guess this takes the place of Victarion's dragon horn in the books.

Edited by Gentled Ben

I don't think Baelish's arc has much life left tbh. Things don't tend to go well for characters who believe they are more important to the story than they actually are. Sorry stannis

Baelish is certainly full of himself. However, in the books, he is actually in a fine position with all the money he looted during his time as Master of Coin, his deed to Harrenhall, his influence in the Vale, and his tie to the North with Sansa. Show Littlefinger squandered much of that by selling Sansa to the Bolton's, and I agree that his arc is probably near an end, but I think he sticks around for awhile in the books. Of course, at this rate, they will never be written, so it's probably moot.

Something that disturbed me on the show is how the lords of the Vale were ready to hang Baelish until Sansa saved his bacon, but then it's like they're all on team Littlefinger as soon as he sells her to Ramsay, when realistically, they would have taken his head as soon as he had done that. The whole thing with Robin trusting him seems a contrived device to allow him to have some power in the Vale, since they utterly hosed that plotline up by replacing Jeyne Poole with Sansa, and it seems a reach to me. 

Looking forward to the next episode but I got a little worried. What if Bran comes home and for some reasons tells Sansa that Jon is not their brother. How will she react? And how much will she listen to Littlefinger at that moment? I hope that is not what is going to happen. 

"You should get to work, Jon Snow." Man, I've been waiting ten years for that meeting, and I suppose it went down about the only way it could. I cannot finish the episode because I had huge buffering issues with HBO Now, and I have to leave for work, so I am stopping at Jorah and Sam's handshake. I'll have to watch the rest when I get home. 

Sand Snake girl should have bitten Cersei's tongue off. Gonna die, anyway...

Speaking of which, I thought she was the only one alive, her and Theon. I thought it showed Yara hanging and Ellaria impaled at the end of the last episode. Too bad they weren't. 

ACTUAL THOUGHTS THAT WENT THROUGH MY HEAD WHILE WATCHING S7 E3:

Previously on incudes Ellaria killing Myrcella... yeah, Cersei is gonna terrible things to her.

Also, Bran arriving at the wall... so we'll see Bran at Winterfell this week...

*hums along with the theme song* Peter Dinklage Peter Dinklage Peter Dinklage....

Mmmmm, nice waves... that must have been a very uncomfortable ride on the rowboat

JON AND TYRION <3 It's been a long road indeed.

Davos and Tyrion have some history.

Missandei demanding they hand over their weapons... damn.

Jon's all "be careful with that sword, it's worth more than your life."

Tyrion asking Jon about Sansa... "Does she miss me terribly?"....  Not so much, now that you mention it. :tongue:

Tyrion giving Jon good advice.  

WHOA DRAGON  (Right after the "But I'm not a Stark" line... oh that's not a sign right there...)

Melisandre and Varys watching the approach... Varys ferreting out her secrets.

Oooh interesting... Melisandre planning to leave for Volantis, but says she will return one last time because she must die in Westeros... like Varys.  I am INTRIGUED.

Dany's finally on that sweet sweet throne

Missandei rattling off all of Daenerys' titles... Jon's all "dude, what do I do now?"   Davos... um... "This is Jon Snow."  *snerk*

Interesting.  Dany apologizes to Jon for her father's crimes against house Stark.  That's not a bad move.

"I am the last Targaryen, Jon Snow."  Well....... not so much.

Aaaaand now we get to Jon's pitch. Dany does not sound impressed.

Apparently Jon doesn't want Davos to talk about the fact that he died and was resurrected... hm...

Varys has news?  What's up?  

Well that first meeting didn't go so hot. :unsure:

Oh, Varys is telling Dany about the defeat at sea.

Aaaand there's Theon, getting hauled up onto the deck of one of his ships.  

"YOu wouldn't be here if you tried."  Rub some salt in those wounds, will ya?

Euron with the hero's welcome in King's Landing... leading his captives through the streets...  toromenting Yara... he's just a peach, ain't he?

The gift... Ellaria and Tyene.  Justice for Myrcella.

Cersei promises to give Euron what he wants when the war is won.  Poor Euron, he's never going to get what he wants.

Whoaaaaa, Jaime was not expecting Euron to ask him for advice on that!  :laugh:  I think his eye is twitching.

Cersei tormenting Ellaria with memories of Ser Gregor killing Oberyn.

"You can't imagine how that feels unless you've lost a child."  Soooooo, I guess you're about to imagine how that feels.  

Whoo, poisonous symmetry.

Wow.  That music.  *bows to Ramin Djawadi*

Apparenty torture and revenge gets Cersei in the mood... Jaime's all "um what?"

Oh, now you're all about advertising your twincest?  

The Iron Bank will have its due, Cersei.  

"Euron Greyjoy is loyal to me."  "For now."  Mmmhmmmmm.

A fortnight?  Are you serious?

Bahahahahah "You look a lot better brooding than I do."  Tyrion is just the best.

"Children are not their fathers, luckily for all of us."  Truuuuuuth.

"A very wise man once said that you should never believe something simply because you want to believe it." "And which wise man was that?"  Me... just now?

BAAHAHAHAHA Dany calling him out on presenting his own statements as ancient wisdom.  *snerk*   "I would never do that.  To you."  *ROFL*

Dany picked up on Ser Davos alllllmost letting Jon's death slip.  Innnnnnteresting

You want to rule all the 7 kingdoms, Jon isn't bending the knee... you know the easiest solution to bringing the North into the fold, right?  *cough*marriagealliance*cough*

Yeah, she doesn't believe you.  But I have a feeling she's gonna find out about the whole "died and resurrected" thing.

Sansa being GOOD AT THIS.

Littlefinger just keeps lurking.... UGH

Aaaaaaaaaand being confusing as HELL.  :wacko:

IT'S BRAN!!!!  BRAN IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!  *sniffles*

Bran needs to speak to Jon indeed.  He knows things!

Bran proving that he knows things by recounting the details of Sansa's wedding...  She's a BIT freaked out.

Hmmmmmm..... the greyscale looks better.  MIRACULOUSLY. :tongue:

I suppose you'll get kicked out of school this evening. :unsure:

Sam should go with Jorah to Dragonstone!  I like this idea.

Ebrose seems to be rather... impressed with Sam's ability to read and follow instructions.  Hm.  :huh:

I guess he's not getting kicked out?  OK then! 

Dany wants to send her dragons after Euron, of course!

Oooh!  Casterly Rock!

Archers!

Aaaaaand Tyrion's history as the keeper of the drains and cisterns bears fruit.... Unsullied sneakin in while TYRION QUOTES BRONN I LOVE IT.  "Give me ten good men, I'll impregnate the b!#%&"  

"And so it begins."

Oooh, vicious spear.

Grey Worm lives!!!!

Where are the rest of the Lannisters?

Oh crap, Euron's here. :unsure:

Jaime.. Bronn... Randyll Tarly.. marching on Highgarden, of course.  

Well, that was fast.

Olenna and Jaime, such an interesting confrontation.  Such snark.

"There are lessons in failures." "You must be very wise by now." OH. SNAP.

Olenna about to confess to orchestrating Joffrey's murder? :unsure:

Damn, this is such the opposite of book Jaime.  Uckkkk.

Oh crap, she IS gonna confess.

"Tell Cersei.  I want her to know it was me."

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

I hate to like the Lannisters but damn it everyone likes a winner right? And right now they are winning. Regardless of whether I like them or not I wanted to see revenge for Myrcella. Watching your daughters corpse rot seems worthy. Do you remember Cersei contemplating that same thing when Myrcella was having her funeral?

So, recap: Greyjoy Armada Jr is out of play, Dorne is out of play, and High Garden is out of play. Gray Worm is trapped in Casterly Rock and out of play at least for the time being. What's left? The Dothraki and some dragons? The conquest of Westeros is off to a pretty bad start. That said Cersei controls like 1/7 kingdoms and all she really has backing her is the Lannister army and Greyjoy Armada Sr. Looks like this could be a pretty even fight if the main armies ever come together for a big battle. Jon Snow and the North could absolutely tip the scales though which gives him leverage but Northerners haven't done so well in the South in recent times and probably wouldn't want to go. Especially with an army of the dead waiting for them when they come back so ehhhh I don't really see them joining the fight even if they join with the invasion.