DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gray Ajah Midsummer Event: A Picnic in Graytville!!!

Cairos

we have different kinds of picnics. one with a fire would be a cookout. this would be very likely when camping with children but it happens in public parks where there are sometimes little

grills or fire pits there to use and picnic tables. and in back yards. BBQ here is more like smoking meats though it's sometimes used to refer to any grilling. I'd consider it a picnic myself. maybe a regional thing.

then there are picnics where you bring already prepared foods to a park or back yard or the beach and don't make a fire

or cook at the location. but those end early and the fire is nice for evenings.

there are others but I think those are the

majority?

LoL, Ithi!

We normally have koeksusters (A koeksister is a traditional South African confectionery made of fried dough infused in syrup or honey. Wikipedia) and hertzoggies (A Hertzoggie, also known in Afrikaans as a Hertzog Koekie or in English as a Hertzog Cookie, is a jam-filled tartlet or cookie with a coconut topping commonly served on a cup-like pastry base. Wikipedia)

koeksisters.jpg

Hertzoggie-Recipe.jpg

• RP - LEGACY

Everything sounds so wonderful. I am certainly getting hungry now. (Sips coffee)

My favorite picnic beverage is lemonade, as it is tart, sweet, and refreshing. I also like to use lemon juice on my salads instead of dressing. A little lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt does nicely.

As to dessert, I enjoy pie. My favorite is pecan, though a close second is coconut cream.

Oh, and I am definitely getting hungry now.

it's very sweet and gooey. it used to always be everywhere and iirc there were usually maraschino cherries involved an sometimes the whole thing was gelitinized and molded. but normally it was the cool whip and marshmallows

and pineapple and orange and coconut all

mixed up. I find it very yummy but most people don't.

Edited by Mrs. Cindy Gill

• Elgee locked this topic