DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So, How old are you?

HoppyQ

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

39. In my defense I started the series in the 90s when it was only five or six books. Usually I read sci-fi for the most part but this series has me hooked. I've also read the Eddings books that someone mentioned earlier. The thing that pissed me off about the Belgariad/Mallorean is that in the first paragraph of the first book you are already told that nothing will happen to Garion. I tend to think they're written more to a grade school level much like the Harry Potter books though so oh-well.

30 now, started the books about 6 years ago. After RJ Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series and Stephen R. Donaldson's "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" trilogies. If you ever wanted a hero you could hate you can find it there. I read Eddings when I was younger and after reading Bellgariad and Mallorean I picked up Elenium......made it about 100 pages in and thought why did I just spend money on the same exact story again. :evil:

I'll be 30 in a few weeks. I will read just about anything that you put in front of me. My favorites are Fantasy and History, unfortunatly about the only thing I get to read right now is Pathophysiology, Medical/Legal Ethics, and Quality Improvement in healthcare. Suprisingly enough not one person has been able to channel in any of those books, very dissapointing.

Forge

Guest fox-lionheart
I don't mean to get too personal or offend anyone but I was curious. How old is the average WoT reader. My wife has made some comments about how I read this type of books and how I have reread the series several times. I have been reading the series almost since the day it was first published. I've always been a big Conan fan and when I saw RJ's name on something different I thought I'd give it a try. By the way' date=' I'll turn 42 this fall. I sincerely hope I'm not the oldest person reading this so help me out and let me know how old you are.[/quote']

I am currently 23, but I believe I started reading the books when I was 18 or so. I haven't gotten past The Shadow Rising though because I end up getting lost and confused, but I am about to re-read Eye of the World and I am so excited about it haha.

Love Always & Blessed Be,

Fox Lionheart

• 2 weeks later...

HI

I turned 50 in January! My brother turned me on to Fantasy with the Piers Antony Xanth novels...though I had read Madeleine L'engle's books and The Wizard of Oz books when I was quite young! I was a huge devourer of SCIENCE FICTION...but hadn't really read a LOT of fantasy...of course back in the day there really wasn't a lot of fantasy! :) So Xanth and the Terry Pratchett books opened up a whole new world for me when I was in my teens! (Gosh has it been that long?) Now I devour everything by Terry Goodkind, PA, RJ, TP and a multitude of others! :)

I don't mean to get too personal or offend anyone but I was curious. How old is the average WoT reader. My wife has made some comments about how I read this type of books and how I have reread the series several times. I have been reading the series almost since the day it was first published. I've always been a big Conan fan and when I saw RJ's name on something different I thought I'd give it a try. By the way' date=' I'll turn 42 this fall. I sincerely hope I'm not the oldest person reading this so help me out and let me know how old you are.[/quote']

I'm 45 and I just started reading WoT last year. I finished KoD 'round December and am on my second re-read and just started LoC though I am finding it harder to read that particular book for the second time.

Tolkien is a great author as I've seen some of you mention who else your into. I recently read a quick book by David Weber called We Few and learned that it was book three of a three part series. Weber turned out to be a pretty good author. not the beast mind you but worthy of another read or two.

Archived