DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarmon Gai´don Mafia Part 1 - Tel´aran´rhiod

Niniel

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe there was blood. It was hard to see since the man´s clothes was black, black, black...Those creepy eyes... this one had them too. Getting rid of one of them wasn´t that bad, right? The Dark One still had so many minions. One more or less couldn´t hurt, right? Right? 

Yates, Turned Ashaman, vanilla town has been killed.

It´s now N3. Deadline is Saturday 11 AM CET, which is around 39 hours from now. It´s a bit longer than usual since I´m going to a birthday party tomorrow. If I get the na´s before and I get the time, I will start D4 sooner. 

I simply don't understand why he would do that.

He had to know he'd get lynched, why would he false claim as Town?

And AJ, I know I'm high on your suspect list, but I am Town. At least give me a chance to look into things. Especially after this we really don't need another Townie dead.

Even with only 1 scum left, if myself and another Town are killed tonight we see a very good chance of losing this game.

It's pretty easy. No going for Verb and Leelou because they've confirmed one another as town and I trust them, and I think others do too. If AJ is NOT the vig, the vig shoots AJ, game won, if AJ IS the vig, which is what I expect, then he shoots either Talmanes or me, if he hits the wrong one, the other one gets lynched. I could now start talking about how I am the wrong one and stuff, but that's not going to change anything.

So, yeah, gun against head, you're the last scum, Talmanes.

@Ley/AJ - fair enough, sounds like I wasn't taking everything into account. Either way lynching Yates to me is the right call here. I don't believe his claim at all, and AJ's seems more likely.

My vote is cast.

Looks like this will be the first time I've ever actually survived an entire game.

Then again, bolded sounds pretty townie to me. As in, a mafia probably wouldn't think of it. But I just have a hard time believing Verb and Leelou can't read one another. Which would then mean AJ is actually fake-claiming, which, I guess, would get solved tonight.

God I hate this game. I just CAN'T believe Verb or Leelou is mafia, because they've read one another as town and I agree with them. What do you two think about one another by the way? Certain the other is town or is there a chance you got fooled?

I'm just glad that we have a longer Night phase than usual to review things.

Today is my birthday actually, so tonight after work I'll be celebrating but I would love to see everyone digging in. With the looks of things I imagine I will be blocked/killed so likely you guys go into a four way MyLo with Verb/Talmanes/Leelou/Ley.

I'm just glad that we have a longer Night phase than usual to review things.

Today is my birthday actually, so tonight after work I'll be celebrating but I would love to see everyone digging in. With the looks of things I imagine I will be blocked/killed so likely you guys go into a four way MyLo with Verb/Talmanes/Leelou/Ley.

If you're the vig, try to get your kill down anyways. It could very well be there's no roleblocker. After all, there's a cop, so chances are that mafia has a godfather.

My thoughts:

AJ - I honestly believe his Vig claim. It makes sense with where the kills went, and the character claim makes perfect sense. I know it's possible to fake claim (is Yates) but especially the way it happened I find it very believeable making me confident AJ is Town.

Verb - I've had a Town lean all game on Verb, but reading back his play troubles me. He's been active the whole time, but not really doing any scumhunting. I know when RTE brought up a similar point (at which point RTE was such a big suspect and Verb was completely off my radar so I didn't pay it much heed) Verb said that's just his style of play, looking for Town not scum. Even his vote on Zander was phrased almost as a joke though with 'YOLO.' D2 he put out a lot more scum reads, but never really committed to anyone, and before voting RTE implied it was another YOLO type vote. Yates made it practically impossible to not lynch him, so it's hard to get much there.

Leelou - Despite my new feelings about Verb, I agree with his read on Leelou. Everything Leelou has done has screamed Town to me. She has been scumhunting diligently and calling out everyone else on anything she didn't like. Can't see her being scum.

Ley - Ley has seemed his total self this game. He hasn't done much to make me suspicious of him, and I feel like he would have had at least slightly different behavior if he was scum. His latest posts especially seem incredibly Town to me.

Talmanes - I'm Town. I know some people have been suspicious of me but I think if you look at my play this game you should see that everything I've done has been hunting scum. Not all my calls were right, but I've done my best to get scum, and I've stood by all my actions.

Honestly after looking back I don't think Verb looks good here. It's a lot easier to clear Town when you are scum and know exactly who the Town are. It's a lot harder to be decisive and push a lynch on a suspect as scum when you know they are Town and might get heat for it. I get the point that Verb and Leelou can read each other well, but I didn't see a whole lot of specific reasons why Leelou cleared him. It's easy to see someone you know well as being Town and on you're team.

If I'm alive tomorrow, I think Verb will be getting my vote.

Verb has been my tinfoil. I have to read again. Ugh. My head has not really been fully in the game. Also, I don't really like Ley relying so much on Verb and I reading each other. I would have liked him to have independent reads on us. 

Well, to be honest Talmanes is now making some good points about Verb, and as I said before, Talmanes has made comments that I think just can not come from scum. Because why on earth would a scum say "this is the first game I live until the end" when a town then gets lynched? He wouldn't think of it, because he'd knew the game wasn't over yet.

And well, as Talmanes said, Verbal has indeed not done that much scum hunting. RTE was a bit of an easy target, and he hasn't really gone for anyone but RTE. So, yeah, I'm starting to believe that indeed, Verbal is the last scum.

Also, part of why I was relying on you two town reading one another, is because, afaik, you know each other far better than I know either of you. I mean, I've played what, maybe 2 games with you each since my break (and I don't remember anything substantial enough to use from before my break).

I feel like this makes AJ look better.  I need to re-read D2 and BFG again.  I'm not around this evening and I have a funeral to attend tomorrow morning, so I might not really be back until later tomorrow afternoon.....but I will be back.

Yeah so the "later tomorrow afternoon" didn't work out like I expected.  Back now and catching up.

@Tal and Ley-

Do you guys have selective memory?  Remember my list of 3 players I thought were potentially scum?  THAT is scumhunting, folks.  I town cleared people early, and identified my top suspects for scum.  That is how most people go about scumhunting.

My 3, for reference, were RTE, AJ, and BFG.  One was town, one was scum, and one just claimed vig.  Apparently I was 1/3 there, which means I've miscleared one of you guys or Leelou.  I doubt I've miscleared Leelou, regardless of whether she's tinfoiling on me or not.

An additional wrinkle is that AJ could be a SK and not a town vig.  If there are 3 mafia, then that is 25%.  Scum ratios are usually 25-33%, so it is possible that we have a SK and not a vig.  If true, there are TWO anti-town elements remaining. 

So here is where I'm currently at:

IF AJ IS VIG

-I've miscleared one of Talmanes, Leyrann, and Leelou.  I would say Talmanes is the one I've mostly likely miscleared in that group, but I'm not sure yet.

IF AJ IS SK

-Actually, crap.....that means I've still miscleared one of those three.  FML.

Also @ Tal and Ley-

I am not going to deal with a re-hash of RTE's bad case on me.  I clearly showed how I've been actively scumhunting and trying to solve.  Clearing townies early is part of scumhunting, and makes the eventually solve easier.  You obviously have to take into consideration being wrong on some clears, but that's part of the game.

If I need to re-quote all the stuff I posted for RTE I will.

If you absolutely have to tinfoil on me, then do it.  But show your work - dig up the quotes and show me where I've not been scumhunting or trying to solve.  And the next person to actually use me posting "yolo" as something relevant to the game, I'm going to lose my sh*t and flip tables.

Archived