DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarmon Gai´don Mafia Part 1 - Tel´aran´rhiod

Niniel

Few issues with that.

Firstly, everyone else already claimed VT.

Secondly, there's still the missing scum NK because a doc shouldn't stop two bullets normally.

So unless I was blocked and scum shot Verb too, where'd the other NK go?

Nothing I can do about that, as I just returned to the game this morning.  I would have claimed even if I was the first poster.  I'm assuming I was shot by scum because they know I'm town and likely correctly clearing Leelou, which makes it harder for them to win.  If you shot me, then that answer is moot because I'm alive due to self-protecting.

I'm not going to put in an incredible amount of effort today.  IMO it is Tal or Ley.  I don't care which tbh - we lynch one and you shoot the other.  If the game is still going the next day, that means you're a SK and not a vig, and we lynch you for a town win.

#solved

Please be sure to tip your waitstaff.

Just lynch Ley then? 

That's fine.  Only Ley or Tal today.  AJ is probably vig, so we should win either today with this lynch or tonight with his shot.  I had Talmanes above Ley on my list, so that works for me.

[v]Leyrann[/v]

So, why exactly do you think more likely to be scum than Talmanes? All I've basically seen people say about me is that I've been playing a very towny game, whereas Talmanes makes dodgy play after dodgy play.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ley if you read my post, I think there can only be one more Talentless based on the pattern, so it's between you and Leelou. You yourself just said she seems extremely Townie, and I agree, so I voted you.

I did say I'm surprised that you've acted so normal, assuming you're scum, but that had nothing to do with my vote.

Ah, okay. Still, there's first of all no reason to assume that it's 2-2-2, and second, if Leelou hasn't fooled us all, YOU are not a samma n'sai but a scum. Perrin, I believe is the one remaining? I'm too lazy to go to page 1. On top of that, it is weird to assume there are as many channelers as non-channelers, VT or not. 3-1 would, in fact, be more logical. It's just as easy to bend it 2-2-2 as it is to bend it 3-2-1, so you're building your case on thin air right now.

Also, if we were to pursue this route, which I didn't do first but will now just to demonstrate it's wrong and that we should not look at the flavour part in a game where the Shadow is the town (fitting as it may be, the blank in the blight being a town) and the Light the mafia, but Semirhage was already dead by the time of the Last Battle. So tell me, why did you not have a problem with that? Maybe because you knew mafia had fake-claims, and you knew that there wouldn't be enough roles around, counting fake-claims, to give all town power roles to living Forsaken who dealt with TAR?

Ley, I don't remember every detail of the WoT. That Semi wouldn't be alive never occurred to me, and even if it would have, this is Mafia and isn't exactly required to completely accurate.

I already explained why I tend to believe Verb. It's not like there was a counterclaim anyway. Could he be a Mafia Role blocker bluffing? Possibly. But I doubt it. It seemed more likely we'd have A GF anyway to go with the Cop.

The idea of VT pairs makes sense to me, and seems to be the pattern. Even completely ignoring that, here's where I am:

I know I am Town.

I fully believe AJ's claim, making him Town.

I am inclined to believe Verb's claim, though I have some reservations, and so I think he is most likely Town.

That leaves you and Leelou.

Out of the two, I think Leelou seems most likely Town.

So I voted you.

VC

Ley (3) - Talmanes, Verbal, Leelou

Talmanes (1) - Ley

Not voting: AJ

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch. That´s a lynch. I´ll be back in a little while with a scene. 

Being a Talentless in the Town was not easy. You had to be quiet, good at not being seen. And of course, be the first to kill. All of that should have been good talents to have in the Dream World, but apparently it wasn´t enough...

Ley, a Talentless, vanilla town has been lynched.

It´s night. Night ends Tuesday 9 PM CET, which is 24 hours and 33 minutes from now. 

It's gotta be Leelou. I know I'm being looked at to be killed, but if I'm killed and the second kill goes to another Townie, then it's game over. So let's all think this through.

I meant what I said when it had to be down to Leelou or Ley, I just really thought it would be Ley. The pairs idea still holds weight with me, and her and I are the only non PRs left.

It makes sense. We had no kill last night meaning in all likelihood both scum and AJ went for Verb. Verb has cleared Leelou from the start meaning there was no reason for her to want him dead before. If the kill would have been successful, then all she would have to do is get me and Ley lynched for the win. Even with no deaths I know Ley and I were the top of everyone's lists (he was on mine too).

There are four of us left and two Night Kills possible. If the final scum isn't taken down tonight it's very possibly game over.

We have two dead Talentless, two dead turned Asha'man, one dead Samma N'sei and one alive (me). I find it to be too big a coincidence that there would randomly be three of one group when the others are all twos. I know it's really my word against hers, but I hope the remaining players will think twice.

Ask yourself this, considering the game plan seemed to be lynch Ley and if he wasn't scum lynch my the next day or kill me at night, do you really think I would vote Let anyway if I thought he was Town, knowing full well I was going to be the next target? I mean that would be a suicide mission. I narrowed it down to Let and Leelou, and I chose poorly. I admit that. I just hope you guys choose wisely tonight.

TL:DR

@AJ - Think twice before you shoot me, I'm not your guy, and it could cost the game.

@Verb - If it's between yourself and Leelou, go for yourself. If you protect her you open up yourself to being killed, and I truly believe you would be shielding scum.

Those last two hammers have me second guessing Leelou.

You are seriously going to question the hammer on Yates? Like really? 

Sorry I haven't been as involved the past couple days, I've been really busy and now I'm planning a trip to Oregon that is happening in 10 days. So, little preoccupied. My lack of involvement has nothing to do with alignment, it has to do with me having a life and being busy. Also, this game is going longer than I'd like. 

Not looking for a pass, and not making excuses. I know I haven't been right every step of the way, and as I said in my post, just think about the situation before making a decision. All I can offer is my word I'm Town, and the pattern I'm using to make my decision.

I don't have a whole lot of concrete evidence, but as I said, I've made NY points, and that's really all I can do.

"You never answered my question," Perrin said. "What are you?"

"I´m bold," Slayer said, striding forward. "And I´m tired of being afraid. In this life, there are predators and there are prey. Often, the predators themselves become food for someone else. The only way to survive is to move up the chain, become the hunter."

"That´s why you kill wolves?"

Slayer smiled a dangerous smile, his face in shadows. With the storm clouds above and the high walls of water, it was dim here at the bottom - though the strange light of the wolf dream pierced this place, if in a muted way.

"Wolves and men are the finest hunters in this world," Slayer said softly. "Kill them, and you elevate yourself above them. Not all of us had the privilege of growing up in a comfortable home with a warm hearth and laughing siblings." 

Perrin and Slayer rounded one another, shadows blending, lightning blasts above shimmering through the water.

"If you knew my life," Slayer said, "you´d howl. The hopelessness, the agony... I soon found my way. My power. In this place, I am the king. "

- - - - - - - - - 

Everything crashed, shook, then pulled together. Perrin stood on the rocks in the valley of Thakan´dar, and Slayer´s body crumpled in front of him, head crushed. Perrin panted, the thrill of the hunt clinging to him. It was over.

AJ, Slayer, town vig is dead.

It´s day. With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Deadline is Friday 9 PM CET.

Archived