DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarmon Gai´don Mafia Part 1 - Tel´aran´rhiod

Niniel

That self vote makes me want to hammer so bad, but I have some Yates and Ley reading to do.  Not sure how far AtE would go here considering he put himself at L-1.

Why Yates/Ley when you have RTE/AJ/me in your POE?

Because I've already read my POE over and over and stated why you're there.  I had not re-read Yates or Ley, and I definitely needed to.  They were the ones that could swing one way or the other (specifically Yates).

Also, the character claim. As I stated which you didn't notice or neglected to take into account.

I'll catch up with the rest of the stuff later when things at home slow down a bit.

That you're either making that up based on Rhea's flip or probably not a PR. The fact that he claimed a bad guy really gave me pause. Obviously it was probably a safe claim with all things considered but from what we've seen town are the baddies and scum are the "good guys" from the book. Even if you aren't named you could probably put this together if you're familiar at all with the books (which you may not be)

Safe claims are a common thing when the name of your character can be damning, like it could be here.  You're saying obviously....I was thinking along the same lines, which is why I didn't mention it.  The 'neglected to take into account' is a subtle jab, though....I like it.  ;-)

@Verb - what Yates casing are you talking about that pushed through Zander's lynch? He wasn't even voting Zander nor did he at any point.

@Verb, what casing of Zander by Yates do you mean? I just ISOd Yates and there was very early game stuff between them, but Yates TMI post came after you'd voted (which put Zander 2 votes ahead of Talmanes)

For both of you - Yates called the TMI from Zander pretty early on.  That he wasn't voting him doesn't mean he didn't provide the bullet.  The TMI slip and the vote on Ley is what killed Zander.  The TMI slip was noted by Yates.  Do I have my facts wrong?  I re-read a bunch of people yesterday, so I readily admit I might have something mixed up there.  Please correct if I'm wrong.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually kinda bothered no one has brought this up before.

This actually brings up a thought.

If *I* didn't know this source material? You *KNOW* Zander likely didn't. He's Canadian. He can't read American English. This tells me that he had help in his QT with his fake claim - mod provided or not. So one of his team mates is someone who a. knows the source material and b. puts stock into character claims.

What are you even talking about? First of all I don't get what you mean with the Canadian part, we're talking about WHEEL OF TIME here, which is, fun fact, the series that this site is about. It's EXTREMELY unlikely to have a full scum team that does not know it. Even if fake claims weren't provided, then it would be pretty easy to figure out the basics of the game and make a fake claim including character that is believable. So yeah, either one of his teammates did it for him, he did it himself, or they were provided. None of that is going to give us much information though, with this theme.

Also, I believe RTE is currently at 4 votes. Should I hammer him yet or are we going for more discussion?

With the RTE vs BFG: I feel like RTE will not be very useful to the town even if he gets to live another day, because the majority of his participation this game has been "okay, go ahead, lynch me, oh yeah and because I want to look town, don't forget to give a reads list", while I'd like to see more of BFG. I am starting to doubt her more and more though.

[unvote]

[v]BFG[/v]

Still hate RTE's self vote and his play has been bad, but BFG does not seem like she is on her town game.

This vote doesn't bother me at all (my top town read voting one of my scum reads), but I don't like AJ's first vote there.  Is it to take the attention off RTE?  Is it to bus a teammate?  When my scum reads vote each other, I get the feeling I'm either reading one of them wrong, or there is bussing going on.

That self vote still bugs the you-know-what out of me, though.

I'm actually kinda bothered no one has brought this up before.

This actually brings up a thought.

If *I* didn't know this source material? You *KNOW* Zander likely didn't. He's Canadian. He can't read American English. This tells me that he had help in his QT with his fake claim - mod provided or not. So one of his team mates is someone who a. knows the source material and b. puts stock into character claims.

What are you even talking about? First of all I don't get what you mean with the Canadian part, we're talking about WHEEL OF TIME here, which is, fun fact, the series that this site is about. It's EXTREMELY unlikely to have a full scum team that does not know it. Even if fake claims weren't provided, then it would be pretty easy to figure out the basics of the game and make a fake claim including character that is believable. So yeah, either one of his teammates did it for him, he did it himself, or they were provided. None of that is going to give us much information though, with this theme.

Also, I believe RTE is currently at 4 votes. Should I hammer him yet or are we going for more discussion?

With the RTE vs BFG: I feel like RTE will not be very useful to the town even if he gets to live another day, because the majority of his participation this game has been "okay, go ahead, lynch me, oh yeah and because I want to look town, don't forget to give a reads list", while I'd like to see more of BFG. I am starting to doubt her more and more though.

This is pretty much where I'm at right now.  Both are scum reads (in my POE) and I'm ready to lynch both.  This list includes AJ as well.  Like I just said, the self vote bothers me.  I don't like it as any alignment.

[unvote]

[v]BFG[/v]

Still hate RTE's self vote and his play has been bad, but BFG does not seem like she is on her town game.

This vote doesn't bother me at all (my top town read voting one of my scum reads), but I don't like AJ's first vote there.  Is it to take the attention off RTE?  Is it to bus a teammate?  When my scum reads vote each other, I get the feeling I'm either reading one of them wrong, or there is bussing going on.

That self vote still bugs the you-know-what out of me, though.

Depending on who flips scum - RTE/BFG will help show who the teammates are I think. 

What are you even talking about? First of all I don't get what you mean with the Canadian part, we're talking about WHEEL OF TIME here, which is, fun fact, the series that this site is about.

I was making a 1/2 joke. Because Zander is Canadian. But I was serious about him not likely knowing the source material. Like I said, I don't know how USEFUL that information is but it was something that came to mind as worth thinking about.

Let the vig sort him out at Night

If we lynch Town, I would hope the vig would choose not to shoot tonight. RTE being Town seems unlikely so... Math?

If RTE flips scum I think the vig should sort YOU out tonight, tbh.

What are you even talking about? First of all I don't get what you mean with the Canadian part, we're talking about WHEEL OF TIME here, which is, fun fact, the series that this site is about.

I was making a 1/2 joke. Because Zander is Canadian. But I was serious about him not likely knowing the source material. Like I said, I don't know how USEFUL that information is but it was something that came to mind as worth thinking about.

Why would he not know the source material? It's based off the books this site is for. 

For both of you - Yates called the TMI from Zander pretty early on. That he wasn't voting him doesn't mean he didn't provide the bullet. The TMI slip and the vote on Ley is what killed Zander. The TMI slip was noted by Yates. Do I have my facts wrong? I re-read a bunch of people yesterday, so I readily admit I might have something mixed up there. Please correct if I'm wrong.

I would need to look again to verify but I don't think the TMI thing came until after Zander was already the lead wagon with 5 votes and he was trying to defend himself. I wouldn't characterize it as one of the big points that got him lynched. Yates didn't even vote him after that, so?

Why would he not know the source material? It's based off the books this site is for.

I didn't come here because of the books. I came here because of mafia. I'm pretty sure Zander followed a similar path but I could be wrong.

I didn't come here because of the books. I came here because of mafia. I'm pretty sure Zander followed a similar path but I could be wrong.

He's been pretty active in two of the social groups here since March and he joined in February. He started playing mafia on DM. So, do you have TMI that he doesn't know the source material? 

I would need to look again to verify but I don't think the TMI thing came until after Zander was already the lead wagon with 5 votes...

:rolleyes:   As it turns out Zander had exactly 5 votes per the vote count that immediately preceded my post.  AMAZING memory and game awareness... [That's sarcasm]

How hard would it be to CFD onto AJ right now?

Archived