DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia IV: The Mystery of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

Hallia I believe you are 3p. I feel like the cop move is to make us think you will side with town.

I feel like the John snow vote was to get someone's train higher.

If you could lynch 1 person who would it be and why.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turin ultimately you're going to get lynched by me this game unless you find a wolf and it isn't going to be John Snow.  Especially not today.

I think I may have already found 2. It isn't my fault you refuse to see.  JS and Leyrann. 

Why you in such a hurry to end day? 

Turin taking the two in the bush (supposedly) over one in the hand is wolf behavior to a T.

@EP I called it dumb and stand by it being a wild guess.

it wasn't a wild guess. I have a ground based move as a water type pokemon.

odd, but we really need to coordinate water gun..

I'm thinking of holding mine for now, I want to flush something out first so I'm going to use my ground based move tonight.

• Community Administrator

I'm still really torn on this. 

Hallia claimed cop, but so did Turin, in a way.  Or Turin's hinted claim could be something better than a cop--is there one?  Breaking this down, in my own words.  Turin seems scummy to me, but then I held off because he said he wouldn't be lynched this game--which made me think he has a very important Town role; that would also account for his confidence.  But, Mafia is able to act confident and claim roles at anytime, too.  So, it comes down to why should I trust you, Turin?  It all comes down to he said/he said.  

And Darthe's fake claim of gladiator again makes me question him.  It seems a Mafia tactic to lie about your role.  If you lied about that, Darthe, how much else are you lying about?  It's hard to trust you.  

As of right now, I'm still leaning Hallia and Turin as Mafia.

Hallia claimed cop, but so did Turin, in a way.  Or Turin's hinted claim could be something better than a cop--is there one?  Breaking this down, in my own words.  Turin seems scummy to me, but then I held off because he said he wouldn't be lynched this game--which made me think he has a very important Town role; that would also account for his confidence.  But, Mafia is able to act confident and claim roles at anytime, too.  So, it comes down to why should I trust you, Turin?  It all comes down to he said/he said.  

And Darthe's fake claim of gladiator again makes me question him.  It seems a Mafia tactic to lie about your role.  If you lied about that, Darthe, how much else are you lying about?  It's hard to trust you.  

so your not buying Hallia's 3rd Party claim?

Mash you are at critical levels of newbie derp.  Doc is arguably equal to cop, turin's hints mean less than dog ****, 3p is 3p and is always bad, fake claiming in a way you know is going to get caught immediately isn't smart for wolves to do so you either think I'm incompetent or you have no idea what you're doing and please for the love of god place a vote.  It's your lifeline.

Turin taking the two in the bush (supposedly) over one in the hand is wolf behavior to a T.

I'm thinking of holding mine for now, I want to flush something out first so I'm going to use my ground based move tonight.

I got low odds, it'd be nice to coordinate but you do you.  

I'd say people trying to discredit Darthe on the gladiator thing should be suspect, because if you payed close enough attention it was clearly fake. 1 The gladiator action is almost always still done in the PM, 2 Confirmed long ago all actions are night time based, 3 Darthe wasn't actually hard casing Turin while the charade was going on more or less just commenting on his reactions. The point I realised what was going on is when I said I wouldn't vote in it.

let me get your list though. In the words of Tommy Boy and EP... "I've... got a plan."

• Community Administrator

I'd say people trying to discredit Darthe on the gladiator thing should be suspect, because if you payed close enough attention it was clearly fake. 1 The gladiator action is almost always still done in the PM, 2 Confirmed long ago all actions are night time based, 3 Darthe wasn't actually hard casing Turin while the charade was going on more or less just commenting on his reactions. The point I realised what was going on is when I said I wouldn't vote in it.

I had to look up what a Gladiator was and what it did.  So it wasn't clearly fake to me.

I don't see a point in having a 3rd Party.  The OP says:

So, the first challenge begins: trainers, you must find the members of Team Rocket.

Which would imply that we're all in this together to find Team Rocket.

Mash you are at critical levels of newbie derp.  Doc is arguably equal to cop, turin's hints mean less than dog ****, 3p is 3p and is always bad, fake claiming in a way you know is going to get caught immediately isn't smart for wolves to do so you either think I'm incompetent or you have no idea what you're doing and please for the love of god place a vote.  It's your lifeline.

I am a newbie derp, so...  I'm sorry if I'm frustrating, but it's very hard to get accurate reads.  I'll figure it out soon.

let me get your list though. In the words of Tommy Boy and EP... "I've... got a plan."

Yikes.

EP I don't even remember my last list but off the top of my head I'd say

EP

Ley

BFG

Seph

Eldrick

RTE
Mash

John Snow

Zander

TMD

Thane

Turin

Hally

Arguably a lot of that middle list could be switched around but everyone Zander and up is light green for me or better.

I had to look up what a Gladiator was and what it did.  So it wasn't clearly fake to me.

I don't see a point in having a 3rd Party.  The OP says:

So, the first challenge begins: trainers, you must find the members of Team Rocket.

Which would imply that we're all in this together to find Team Rocket.

I am a newbie derp, so...  I'm sorry if I'm frustrating, but it's very hard to get accurate reads.  I'll figure it out soon.

Yikes.

+1 for actually reponding correctly.

It's cool Mash I'm just a burning flame of towniness and you're not catching on/doubting me because you don't know what's going on and that's frustrating at times but I gotta work with you.

EP I don't even remember my last list but off the top of my head I'd say

EP

Ley

BFG

Seph

Eldrick

RTE

Mash

John Snow

Zander

TMD

Thane

Turin

Hally

Arguably a lot of that middle list could be switched around but everyone Zander and up is light green for me or better.

I'd say make it rain on Thane if you would. Hallia should in theory be lynched before the day ends.

See EP, none of this comes from a wolf.  Mash clearly isn't faking, it's all to earnest for that, she just doesn't quite follow the game yet and that is understandable.  

But def not a wolf.

Yeah I could do that but Turin tho.

Oh, I forgot Dice on that list.  He should be below Zander maybe.  Idk why beyond that what BFG said on him resonated with me and I think if I am wrong somewhere it's prob him.  

Only way Turin is clear is if he catches a wolf N1 or gets NK'd.  

Yeah I could do that but Turin tho.

Oh, I forgot Dice on that list.  He should be below Zander maybe.  Idk why beyond that what BFG said on him resonated with me and I think if I am wrong somewhere it's prob him.  

Only way Turin is clear is if he catches a wolf N1 or gets NK'd.  

There's a reason I'm specifically asking you to go Thane over Turin it's part of my digging.

previous lists spoilered...

1. Hallia is town. I am not fond of how her train rose up. 
2. RTE is town. I don't remember much tht he said but I don't rememeber anything he said that made me go "RTE is mafia" he usually does when is is maf.
3. Firebird (EP) is mafia. He is sadly mistaken if he really believes he knows Ithi's mafia meta. I think that is a lie to try to look like he is town. 
4. Mashiara is town. Noob pass for the moment. Nothing that can't be explained away by newness.
5. dice is town. Stoopid comment is one I don't think he makes as mafia. Especially since I think it would be about teammates.
6. seph is town. From early posting. Did he say he would be away? I don't recall hearing from him lately.
7. TMD is town. Posts coming across as irritated town WRT the postcount thing.  I say again postcount=/=town. 
8. Eldrick is town. This is only because I don't think both of them are mafia having that converstion and I recall Eldrick being one to freely talk about setup. He was mafia then however. Has there been a thread started about percentage based NAs on the main board? (Stole that form Ithi) 
9. cory is town. This is Ithi's slot. Not lynching here today.
10. Zander is mafia.  I still can't shake that early game stuff. Feels like too much trying to force meta.  
11. Turin is town
12. Ley is mafia. I really think that the conversation about mafia actions and then the venture into boosting / deboosting percentages is more a mafia POV. Who can more easily work together? the town that doesn't know who else is on their team or the mafia that can plan how to integrate actions?
13. Thane is mafia. This was a weak read.I don't like the parked vote to start or the bit of setup in his reads list. Also the lack of any background info troubles me. If this is wrong then it is most likely Eldrick.
14. John Snow is mafia. Pushing at Darthe early for trying to lead town. He said later it was because he felt Darthe trying to raise above the fray but Darthe's posts didn't read that way to me at all. I think he took a reason I have given to distrust Darthe in other games and regurgitated it to me in hopes I would be swayed. Add in his being convinced i'm mafia but not acknowledging that I could be the mafia on his train smacks of contradiction in his thought process. 
15. Darthe is town. He WASN"T trying to make everyone read him as LOCK CLEAR. He was driving conversation. I can actually follow his thoughts for the most part this game.

Hallia: Town lean - I think her interaction with Darthe was reasonable and I still don't like the way she is getting pushed as a counter to JS.
RTE: Town - He has been giving opinions and been the target of some shady pushing IMO.
EP: mafia lean - I'm questioning if he might actually be misguided town here. Bigger fish to fry in any case. I'll wait and see if anything points back to him after a flip or two.
Mashi: null. gun to head town. Really need to hear more of her thoughts and opinions on the rest of the players.
Dice: Town - he might have gone past Darthe as my most townie in the game.
Seph: Town lean - disturbed by reading fail. was adamant and then when that fell thru didn't have any other reason to suspect RTE. Seemed a little off. 
TMD: mixed - Seems willing to slide along with last popular opinion. Also the spec on a lynchproof was awful. 
Eldrick: slight town lean - I do agree with EP that claiming Cyandequil (sp?) is more likely town. I don't remember Heart giving out fakes in any of the other games. [admittedly gaming the mod] I still don't like his part in that move discussion.
Ithi/BFG: Town: 
Zander: Mafia - All I have seen so far is meta defense and not much in the way of effort to solve. 
Ley: Mafia - If I didn't want JS lynched so much my vote would be here. role fishing posts, disagree=mafia, excess use of postcount=town. 
Thane: Mafia lean - Still not much real content from him. I don't like that he didn't have any reasons for his opinions.
J Snow: Mafia - strongest read of the game. Bad Darthe push early, misinformation on purpose(IMO), weak "case" on me, Vanished when heat lessened. 
Darthe: Town - looking odd in the past few pages. I'm not sure if this is some sort of play or what. 

You will notice this list looks a bit different from the earlier one. There was a reason for that. 

Basically changes are that Darthe went down, EP went up, RTE went up, Dice went way up, Seph went down a bit.

Hallia:(claimed Jigglypuff: 3p survivor/ main ability COP) I think I believe the 3p part but not the cop part.
RTE: Town. Pretty confident in this one
EP: (basically claimed Totodile: TOWN) I believe the claim and I think he is town. 
Mashi: Mid level TOWN read. 
Dice: TOWN read. top townie based on just gameplay ATM.
Seph: Mixed. Early town but his take on the RTE situation looks bad to me. Maybe it is his unfamiliarity with RTE. 
TMD: Null/Mixed: needs to contribute more.  Shown a tendency to go with the last argument. 

Eldrick: (claijmed Cyandequil: TOWN) Believe the claim. 

Ithi/BFG: TOWN: Nothing BFG has done since replacing in has changed this read.

Zander: MAFIA. He hasn't been here enough to shake the early game misgivings. 

Turin: (Claimed Chikorita: TOWN )

Ley: (Claimed Pikachu:  TOWN ) MAFIA read. I don't think he has been posting with a townie POV.

Thane: Light mafia read. Definitely need more content.

John Snow: MAFIA. top read. A trail of scumminess

Darthe: Mixed. The past day has him being all over the place. The only thing he is consistent on is not wanting to lynch my top candidate. I am just trying to figure if there is any way that he is playing some sort of a game for town.  

I need to get up early so will be going to sleep soon.  

Trying to figure out if I'm playing for town sounds like you really think I'm a wolf but are afraid of the ****storm that comes from sticking to that read.

Turin still wolfin as per the status quo of all wolves in the wolfdom.

Archived