DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia IV: The Mystery of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

1. Fair enough. 

2. Disagree if you want. My reads are MY reads.

3. It was in reply to JS. He said that he poked me into making cases. I refuted it. I actually thought about replacing out when Ithi did as it is more fun to do other things with her. But I decided that since I was in the game I was going to play. Basically, It was me giving myself a kickstart. 

4. Just because we disagree doesn't make him mafia. His sudden flip flop about me from green to voting is troubling. 

5. Not really for me so w/e.

6. I understood that RTE was talking about two different people. This point is silly.

Removed my wot for the sake of not making the post too long, wanted to reply to 3 and 6.

3. That'll do for me.

6. Well, clicking back to RTE's second post, he certainly seems to be talking about ITHI, and not Hallia.

6. Look at the context and read it again. The discussion around that quote was all about Hallia not about Ithi. You are misreading on purpose I think.

Also, You ask about RTE posting, Where did JS go? Not a peep since the heat started to lessen.

If he shows in the next hour do I get to say he only appeared when called out? :tongue: 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading. I'm undecided about JS to be honest, still feel more confident about Hallia.

Ley is off the rails town, per usual. Other views I had remain the same. Shame about the replacements but better early than late. 

Agree with everything in this post

If there are five wolves in a non-multiball 15p game sub me.

There should never ever be more than four on a team in this setup.

Where is this coming from?

Oh and I have it in my list that Turin and RTE are green based on Turin being town and giving a read he wouldn't fake unless they are a team (that was a good meta analysis) of RTE.

This means that if Turin is a wolf RTE prob is with him. Thought that should be out there.

What does it mean when I flip town?

Sure. Good turin case hits everything sketchy about him so far IMO unvote vote Turin

Let's see where this goes.

Most likely nowhere. I told JS I'm not getting lynched this game. I meant it. You should really be looking elsewhere.

This last statement has been posted twice by Turin. Makes me wonder if he has an ability to avoid lynching.

I hope this is readable as I snipped these from my quote. Rte you plainly call ithi town and then mafia withing 3 posts and no new evidence, please explain.

(Rte first quote)

EP is correct and looks town. Eldrick is noob. Hallia is manipulative. Dice looks town. Darthe is Darthe-ing. Ithi seems town (or seemed anyways, she's gone now  ).

(2nd quote)

ReleaseTheEvil, on 10 May 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

I don't mind that she came out voting. But it's the way she did it. Her reasoning is poor on this one, in a way that rings scummy rather than careless.

Fair enough. First of all, meant EP and not Eldrick! 

Yay! Finally town!

Thank you for breaking the chain, Heart.

I....don't know if I buy it.

God I love Pokemon.

Eldrick is town for sure.  Maybe Seph as well.  

[v] Zander [/v]

Follow me asap or be branded a wolf later

Gross.

Six posters, high likelihood that we already have a wolf in thread.  Not enough to go off of but IMO I'd go ahead and put Eldrick and John snow as town and might drop Seph back to null for being foppish but idk him well enough to really make that assertion yet.  

Talk to me

Why are you trying to channel Correh?

So far Zander's posts look good to me.  

Here is Hallia's first post. I'm pretty sure by this point we'd all written off Eld as a beginner townie and Hallia tries to throw offhanded suspicion onto him.

At the same point Hallia also tries to divert the suspicions off of Zander without giving reason with another offhanded comment that was placed to look like an "oh by the way I don't really care but..." comment

-snip-

I don't follow the conclusions reached in any part of this post. Js gimme your thought process cause atm you look like a wolf reacting to my vote, something you were never great at.

Alright, lemme walk this through for you then. Pretend for a sec that day actions might have been a thing. It makes more sense that way.

So for starters you're claiming to be a day cop. People will automatically tend to go "Oh cool we have a day cop" or "Darthe's lying scum, let's kill him."

You reinforce the former by posting tons of opinions. People tend to associate people that they agree with (not people that agree with them) as being town. Posting tons of different (if not quite opposing) opinions gives a large chance that people are going to agree with at least some of them as they catch up/read the thread for the first time (considering like half of the people haven't even checked in yet). 

Now the above two combine to create a "follow the cop" mentality. Now this works very well for mafia, considering moves (or at least, all of mine) are % shots, so even if any real cop roles we have decide to check you, they could waste a lot of time just getting the % to fire. This also leads into the fact that there's no one to CC the cop role, since with all the different moves, it's feasible that there are multiple pokemon with some sort of cop move. 

Now with town following you, you can freely lynch townies for a couple days, maybe even throw in a buddy to appease them, until you have the numbers you need to win. 

Now knowing that the DA is BS shoots this theory to hell. But my second and fourth paragraphs stand without it. Kind of. I still think you're trying to get town to follow you. 

I guess this could just be

Wow I forgot how much Darthe posts during mafia.

-snip-

your new meta. Like I said, it's like 60% a gut feeling without the cop thing.

Also, you're trying to meta me. That's cute.

Ewwww. Pretend we had day actions?  Why are you trying to distract with things that are untrue?

And ewwww, accusing someone of using meta against you already?

Vote: John Snow

Here Hallia jumps on the slowly building Jon train for the worst logic. It was blatant why he said to pretend DA weren't ruled out, and also the fact that Darthe was making meta-esque comments towards Jon the second half of her post is just silly.

Dis. 

EP is correct and looks town. Eldrick is noob. Hallia is manipulative. Dice looks town. Darthe is Darthe-ing. Ithi seems town (or seemed anyways, she's gone now :sad: ). 

look at the context. This is all talking about Hallia. Here RTE says that HALLIA is manipulative. (RTE is also voting HALLIA at this time. 

The Ithi bit is just saying he had her as a town read.

And seeing if Ithi would try to use it.  She tends to be overzealous as scum so it helps me to get an early good read of her.

Oh really? And which Ithi scum game are you referring to?

While Eldrick has gone a bit off the rails (making Dice look extremely town in the process to me) I agree with what he had to say about Hallia.

[v] Hallia [/v]

All of them ever 

Surprised no one else picked up on that though. Because that was really talking out of you behind cause really who's been around long enough to have a scum meta for Ithi?

Inside this little thing you will see RTE voting HALLIA. 

Again the comment about Ithi is an aside. *raises hand* BTW. Darthe might have a fair read on her but he didn't show it in his clearing her.

I don't mind that she came out voting. But it's the way she did it. Her reasoning is poor on this one, in a way that rings scummy rather than careless. 

This in regard to Hallia. (see above) RTE basically agreed with EP's case on Hallia and put his vote on her there. 

I question this much reading comprehension fail. 

Wow, yea you are right turin, I read that as ithi, then when he said he didn't understand I just used a iso to find the quotes.

My misunderstanding was the only thing that was really bugging me about him, and makes a huge difference.

Mine is the same, just move rte back to null. I need to re read him without that view.

I will be here for a few minutes before I have to drive 3 hours today, if you have any questions

The RED quote from Leyrann: I read it again and I dislike it even more now. First it may contain a slip. Who is the said townie? I may be reading this wrong but it seems like you are saying that you aren't. Regardless of that. You are making huge assumptions based on nearly no evidence. I agree with Dice's point that you basically just handed a blank town role PM to the mafia here. Making any claim they make easier to fake.

Sorry, that was an unclear demonstrative pronoun. I had to read it twice before I understood what I meant too. "Said townie" refers to the "town" from the last sentence: If someone from town knows 3 town have the same role, then likely all do, that's what I meant.

And I may have "handed a blank town role PM to the mafia", but what does that hurt? When we're talking about an "experimental/kitchen sink" game, then I doubt mafia's very willing to role claim anyways, even if only for fear of getting counterclaimed. All it does is make role claims worthless. Normally, role claims are done mainly for one thing: Saving your skin as cop, doc, or some other important town role. Well, considering we're sitting here in a town full of Jacks of all Trades, there most likely won't be a role that only exists once, at least not a vital one. That means no one is vitally important to town winning (but it does make team effort much more important).

On top of that, you are currently contradicting yourself. You're accusing me of mafia AND you're accusing me of giving away town information. Make up your mind. In the worst case I'm mafia and mafia already had the information because they have the same roles. But I can't be doing both at the same time no matter what way you try to turn it.

So you see how it looks now. I disagree with your premise which is why I find it to be fishing. 

Why wouldn't the mafia claim? If they know what some of the possibilities are and by your idea that multiple people have the same ones then they could claim anything they want without fear of counter claims by your way of thinking. I disagree in part but there are enough roles out there that it would be easy to pick a selection that would be plausible.

Why would you think that the important roles have duplicates? That kind of a leap would require access to multiple role PMs. I don't have that. I would expect the main roles to be at most one with a higher effectiveness rating and possibly a "backup" with a lower rating. 

What I believe is that you are not town giving away info but in fact mafia floating ideas and fishing for more info. 

Well, SOMETHING that could make me think important abilities have duplicates... Is that I have three different abilities that have 40% or less effectiveness AND are acceptable even for a basic game. You want me to do a full friggin' reveal or what?

Also, mafia wouldn't claim because, simply said, claiming DOESN'T PROVE ANYTHING when there are so many possible combinations around. For all we know there might be three town wandering around with the same combination. Can you prove that isn't the case? I'm not going to pay more attention to a full out role reveal than to an "I'm town" statement, at least. It just doesn't mean enough.

And let me point out that, even if mafia has different roles than town, there are still 11 townies to be expected, which would mean that there are 44 abilities flying around. Are you going to make them all unique, and if you are, are you going to put three basic game roles on ONE PERSON, and with a low effectiveness rate? No you're not.

One last thing, you handily ignored my statement that I can't be both town accidentally leaking info to mafia AND mafia fishing for information. You gotta decide and stop attacking me on either of those fronts.

1. Fair enough. 

2. Disagree if you want. My reads are MY reads.

3. It was in reply to JS. He said that he poked me into making cases. I refuted it. I actually thought about replacing out when Ithi did as it is more fun to do other things with her. But I decided that since I was in the game I was going to play. Basically, It was me giving myself a kickstart. 

4. Just because we disagree doesn't make him mafia. His sudden flip flop about me from green to voting is troubling. 

5. Not really for me so w/e.

6. I understood that RTE was talking about two different people. This point is silly.

Removed my wot for the sake of not making the post too long, wanted to reply to 3 and 6.

3. That'll do for me.

6. Well, clicking back to RTE's second post, he certainly seems to be talking about ITHI, and not Hallia.

6. Look at the context and read it again. The discussion around that quote was all about Hallia not about Ithi. You are misreading on purpose I think.

Also, You ask about RTE posting, Where did JS go? Not a peep since the heat started to lessen.

If he shows in the next hour do I get to say he only appeared when called out? :tongue:

I looked at the context again, and it's right below. Notice that the post directly above RTE's last post CLEARLY referenced Ithi, and not Hallia, and that RTE was NOT the victim of a ninja.

Yay! Finally town!

God I love Pokemon.

Eldrick is town for sure.  Maybe Seph as well.  

[v] Zander [/v]

Gross.

Six posters, high likelihood that we already have a wolf in thread.  Not enough to go off of but IMO I'd go ahead and put Eldrick and John snow as town and might drop Seph back to null for being foppish but idk him well enough to really make that assertion yet.  

Talk to me

Here is Hallia's first post. I'm pretty sure by this point we'd all written off Eld as a beginner townie and Hallia tries to throw offhanded suspicion onto him.

At the same point Hallia also tries to divert the suspicions off of Zander without giving reason with another offhanded comment that was placed to look like an "oh by the way I don't really care but..." comment

-snip-

I don't follow the conclusions reached in any part of this post. Js gimme your thought process cause atm you look like a wolf reacting to my vote, something you were never great at.

Alright, lemme walk this through for you then. Pretend for a sec that day actions might have been a thing. It makes more sense that way.

So for starters you're claiming to be a day cop. People will automatically tend to go "Oh cool we have a day cop" or "Darthe's lying scum, let's kill him."

You reinforce the former by posting tons of opinions. People tend to associate people that they agree with (not people that agree with them) as being town. Posting tons of different (if not quite opposing) opinions gives a large chance that people are going to agree with at least some of them as they catch up/read the thread for the first time (considering like half of the people haven't even checked in yet). 

Now the above two combine to create a "follow the cop" mentality. Now this works very well for mafia, considering moves (or at least, all of mine) are % shots, so even if any real cop roles we have decide to check you, they could waste a lot of time just getting the % to fire. This also leads into the fact that there's no one to CC the cop role, since with all the different moves, it's feasible that there are multiple pokemon with some sort of cop move. 

Now with town following you, you can freely lynch townies for a couple days, maybe even throw in a buddy to appease them, until you have the numbers you need to win. 

Now knowing that the DA is BS shoots this theory to hell. But my second and fourth paragraphs stand without it. Kind of. I still think you're trying to get town to follow you. 

-snip-

Ewwww. Pretend we had day actions?  Why are you trying to distract with things that are untrue?

Here Hallia jumps on the slowly building Jon train for the worst logic. It was blatant why he said to pretend DA weren't ruled out, and also the fact that Darthe was making meta-esque comments towards Jon the second half of her post is just silly.

Dis. 

EP is correct and looks town. Eldrick is noob. Hallia is manipulative. Dice looks town. Darthe is Darthe-ing. Ithi seems town (or seemed anyways, she's gone now :sad: ). 

And seeing if Ithi would try to use it.  She tends to be overzealous as scum so it helps me to get an early good read of her.

While Eldrick has gone a bit off the rails (making Dice look extremely town in the process to me) I agree with what he had to say about Hallia.

[v] Hallia [/v]

All of them ever 

Surprised no one else picked up on that though. Because that was really talking out of you behind cause really who's been around long enough to have a scum meta for Ithi?

Mostly good list from RTE.  

I've been around long enough to have a good wolf meta on everyone.  Whether I do or not is debatable but you have to admit that she reacted in a way that matches her town self there.

Bolded from Darthe is a reply to RTE talking about the scum meta of Ithi. RTE's post is a reply to Darthe.

I'm starting to think we have a Turin/RTE/Hallia/Someone scum team here. Mostly putting in Hallia because she looks so bad to me, and putting Turin and RTE together because both look bad too and because Turin is either not paying any attention trying to defend RTE or is trying to lead us away from him by leaving out a post.

Oh, I actually forgot to adress this in my reply before, but did you just seriously compare RTE's posting to JS's posting? Because honestly, I can't think of a bigger difference. Snow's been one of the most active players, at least the last 24 hours, while RTE has barely any posts.

previous list spoilered...

1. Hallia is town. I am not fond of how her train rose up. 
2. RTE is town. I don't remember much tht he said but I don't rememeber anything he said that made me go "RTE is mafia" he usually does when is is maf.
3. Firebird (EP) is mafia. He is sadly mistaken if he really believes he knows Ithi's mafia meta. I think that is a lie to try to look like he is town. 
4. Mashiara is town. Noob pass for the moment. Nothing that can't be explained away by newness.
5. dice is town. Stoopid comment is one I don't think he makes as mafia. Especially since I think it would be about teammates.
6. seph is town. From early posting. Did he say he would be away? I don't recall hearing from him lately.
7. TMD is town. Posts coming across as irritated town WRT the postcount thing.  I say again postcount=/=town. 
8. Eldrick is town. This is only because I don't think both of them are mafia having that converstion and I recall Eldrick being one to freely talk about setup. He was mafia then however. Has there been a thread started about percentage based NAs on the main board? (Stole that form Ithi) 
9. cory is town. This is Ithi's slot. Not lynching here today.
10. Zander is mafia.  I still can't shake that early game stuff. Feels like too much trying to force meta.  
11. Turin is town
12. Ley is mafia. I really think that the conversation about mafia actions and then the venture into boosting / deboosting percentages is more a mafia POV. Who can more easily work together? the town that doesn't know who else is on their team or the mafia that can plan how to integrate actions?
13. Thane is mafia. This was a weak read.I don't like the parked vote to start or the bit of setup in his reads list. Also the lack of any background info troubles me. If this is wrong then it is most likely Eldrick.
14. John Snow is mafia. Pushing at Darthe early for trying to lead town. He said later it was because he felt Darthe trying to raise above the fray but Darthe's posts didn't read that way to me at all. I think he took a reason I have given to distrust Darthe in other games and regurgitated it to me in hopes I would be swayed. Add in his being convinced i'm mafia but not acknowledging that I could be the mafia on his train smacks of contradiction in his thought process. 
15. Darthe is town. He WASN"T trying to make everyone read him as LOCK CLEAR. He was driving conversation. I can actually follow his thoughts for the most part this game.

Hallia: Town lean - I think her interaction with Darthe was reasonable and I still don't like the way she is getting pushed as a counter to JS.

RTE: Town - He has been giving opinions and been the target of some shady pushing IMO.

EP: mafia lean - I'm questioning if he might actually be misguided town here. Bigger fish to fry in any case. I'll wait and see if anything points back to him after a flip or two.

Mashi: null. gun to head town. Really need to hear more of her thoughts and opinions on the rest of the players.

Dice: Town - he might have gone past Darthe as my most townie in the game.

Seph: Town lean - disturbed by reading fail. was adamant and then when that fell thru didn't have any other reason to suspect RTE. Seemed a little off. 

TMD: mixed - Seems willing to slide along with last popular opinion. Also the spec on a lynchproof was awful. 

Eldrick: slight town lean - I do agree with EP that claiming Cyandequil (sp?) is more likely town. I don't remember Heart giving out fakes in any of the other games. [admittedly gaming the mod] I still don't like his part in that move discussion.

Ithi/BFG: Town: 

Zander: Mafia - All I have seen so far is meta defense and not much in the way of effort to solve. 

Ley: Mafia - If I didn't want JS lynched so much my vote would be here. role fishing posts, disagree=mafia, excess use of postcount=town. 

Thane: Mafia lean - Still not much real content from him. I don't like that he didn't have any reasons for his opinions.

J Snow: Mafia - strongest read of the game. Bad Darthe push early, misinformation on purpose(IMO), weak "case" on me, Vanished when heat lessened. 

Darthe: Town - looking odd in the past few pages. I'm not sure if this is some sort of play or what. 

You will notice this list looks a bit different from the earlier one. There was a reason for that. 

Basically changes are that Darthe went down, EP went up, RTE went up, Dice went way up, Seph went down a bit.

Ok so turin the way you posted it makes rte look clean, and you poke at me for reading comprehension, when all you did was omit one quote.

I am fine with turin or rte at this point.

[unvote] [v] turin [/v]

Ley, I'm not quoting that monsterous thing. I will just reply.

First part:

just because your set of moves are all possible in a basic game (which you yourself have admitted this isn't) doesn't mean everyone's is the same. with your skill set being 40% or less that would make you the equivalent of a goon IMO. And your entire line of questioning here is a giant role fish. I might even give you something because I'm feeling reckless. Sure let's both do a full reveal. I'm in if you are. My reveal will be worse for town I'm sure but what the heck. You are wrong BTW, claiming will prove that you are willing to take a stance on what you can do and by extension what you cannot do. I can do a lot. You say you can't do much. So if you start coming up with amazing results maybe we question you. if I don't do anything then maybe they question me. You seem to have a lot of strong convictions about what is and isn't possible in this game. More than I think you should have from looking at just your role PM. As for roles on one person, I have 2 that would be considered basic and 2 that would be considered advanced IMO. 

I did not ignore your statement about having it both ways. I clearly stated that I thought you mafia because to start that discussion from a town POV would be ridiculously bad. You say you aren't that bad so you must be mafia.

Next: 

Darthe is talking about Ithi and his ability to read her. RTE is NOT talking about Ithi. You position that you fail to see this is awful. RTE is clearly continuing a thought he had from his previous posting. 

Final:

Nice attempt at discrediting me. Problem is that if you somehow manage to get me lynched (I still don't see it happening). You and your team will have to reveal yourselves. 

Ley, If I'm so bad, why aren't you voting me?

Ley, I did not ignore your case. I mentioned it in my responses that it looked good, and that I have you as town.

And your read made sense for my play at the time, but I have stepped it up I feel. I am not mafia.

I hope this is readable as I snipped these from my quote. Rte you plainly call ithi town and then mafia withing 3 posts and no new evidence, please explain.

(Rte first quote)

EP is correct and looks town. Eldrick is noob. Hallia is manipulative. Dice looks town. Darthe is Darthe-ing. Ithi seems town (or seemed anyways, she's gone now ).

(2nd quote)

ReleaseTheEvil, on 10 May 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

IT WAS ABOUT HALLIA

Yay! Finally town!

God I love Pokemon.

Eldrick is town for sure. Maybe Seph as well.

[v] Zander [/v]

Gross.

Six posters, high likelihood that we already have a wolf in thread. Not enough to go off of but IMO I'd go ahead and put Eldrick and John snow as town and might drop Seph back to null for being foppish but idk him well enough to really make that assertion yet.

Talk to me

-snip-

-snip-

Ewwww. Pretend we had day actions? Why are you trying to distract with things that are untrue?

Dis.

look at the context. This is all talking about Hallia. Here RTE says that HALLIA is manipulative. (RTE is also voting HALLIA at this time.

The Ithi bit is just saying he had her as a town read.

And seeing if Ithi would try to use it. She tends to be overzealous as scum so it helps me to get an early good read of her.

[v] Hallia [/v]

All of them ever

Inside this little thing you will see RTE voting HALLIA.

Again the comment about Ithi is an aside. *raises hand* BTW. Darthe might have a fair read on her but he didn't show it in his clearing her.

This in regard to Hallia. (see above) RTE basically agreed with EP's case on Hallia and put his vote on her there.

I question this much reading comprehension fail.

THANK YOU. I agree.

Those people who jumped because someone can't read properly, FOS ON YOU. I'd post the family guy monkey but I'm on mobile.

Archived