DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia IV: The Mystery of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is figuring out who's moves you should alter the outcomes of. In case it wasn't already obvious, I'm able to do that, and believe you are too (or are mafia, and your teammate can). Now that we are discussing this, how would you go about figuring who's outcomes to alter?

There are, for town, several options, depending on the moves:

1. You have a move that harms someone, and use it on someone you don't trust.

2. You have a move that benefits someone, and use it on someone you trust.

3. You have a move that gives you information about someone, and use it on someone you're unsure about or want to be certain about. You can possibly reveal the outcome at some point.

4. You have a move that increases the chance of someone else's move, and you use it on someone you trust to use his move right.

5. You have a move that decreases the chance of someone else's move, and you use it on someone you don't trust to use his move right (of course, "right" is what you want, here).

Though I guess that's mostly just obvious. I'd advise you to use a direct move, not a chance increasing or decreasing move, if you're unsure about people. You may hurt a positive move or help a negative move if you do it wrong.

it's probably a personal opinion but I am so suspicious of anyone trying to direct people's abilities in general, except this one right here makes sound sense, and no names being named.  I would say it's a townie post.

i'm here, i'm here. Told you i'm ITT and more or less caught up.

This I didn't like, Thane said he caught up, and then posted no thoughts or reads on anyone, and said he took no notes.  What was the point of catching up then?

Ley I dont post much during these games or at all much anymore. As Turin said "deal with it"

Also I would like to note that Darthe said something about not seeing me as scummy then as soon as I votes him "omg TMD is scummy"

I will be more active as the game progresses as the first day is mostly OMGUS.

Not posting much is okay, but you're currently (counting the three on this page) at FIVE posts, and the only person of who you have even MENTIONED you opinion is Darthe, and that's very drawn back. At least give us like 5 people who you think are town or scum and why you think that. And don't play the "Day 1 is useless" card because everyone around here knows by now that's anything but true.

Also, you failed your unvote.

I find myself agreeing with Ley here.  Ley has made a few good posts that I've seen, I will give him a town lean.

So far as TMD I don't like it at all.  His unwillingness to even try makes me suspicious.  He has posted less than I with far less substance that I've seen, and has no flak at all.  He's doing more skating than I am and I might as well be that skater chick who arranged for someone to hit that other skater chick in the knee caps.

JS I still find scummy, he has done nothing to change it.  

Turin I'm neutral on, I haven't seen much to sway me either way (yay that he thinks I'm town though!)

and Zander I haven't really seen much from him beyond that early gut read on him.

I told you to just let me catch up! :P

It was a bad day at work.  Our hiring manager called out sick so I got called out of my normal job to do....Orientation. :X  It makes me grumpy.

I told you to just let me catch up! :P

It was a bad day at work.  Our hiring manager called out sick so I got called out of my normal job to do....Orientation. :X  It makes me grumpy.

Hate that, work stuff is ever frustrating.  However, now is a great time to develop a solid read on you before you start getting wily.

I'd love if you took your catchup opportunity as a chance to try looking at the game from a different angle.  Too many people have the same rough pov thus far.

I'm probably taking it personally that he voted me.  He warrants further looking into.  

RTE I put up there because unlike John Snow who just says "I like EP's case," RTE actually put thought and responses into his.

Out of curiosity, how accurate are everybody's moves? All of mine are 40% effective or worse.

Also, just putting this out here - do you people think that mafia has a certain kill, or would they have to kill through moves too?

So I have a move that has a 40% chance to alter someone else's moves by 10%. Should I use it tonight? If so, who should I use it on, and why?

I found this disturbing, he had to of known it sounded like role fishing while posting it, as he declares it a few posts later...

THAT'S NOT ENTERTAINING

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY READS?

Well, I think you're off about Snow. Also don't really agree with Zander and RTE, and I think Turin should be a bit lower on the list. For the rest I like it.

I am curious why you think that about zander. He ignored my question and vote like he just did not care.

i couldn't really gather notes when reading through 15 pages of game at work, so they're mainly gut feelings from what i have seen this game. As said before, i'll try to follow more closely now

Thane how can you make a list town -mafia without being able to explain any of them?

Calling outTMDHalliaMashiRTEThanefor an extremely low post count: Below 10 posts, which is also below Ithi and the mod.

I've already addresss this because I don't have much to add. As it's been pointed out, fluff posts can be viewed as a bad thing. I've said my suspicions, but in still letting it all sink in; I'm lookin at everything logically. I'll get a vote in soon.

So far, I'm leaning towards Hallia being Mafia because she came off so strong, but now isn't saying much. EP and Dice also look iffy to me.

I don't get the case against Jon Snow, or why everyone jumped on him. I'd like to hear about this.

Can you elaborate on dice and ep for me please.

1. Hallia is town. I am not fond of how her train rose up. 2. RTE is town. I don't remember much tht he said but I don't rememeber anything he said that made me go "RTE is mafia" he usually does when is is maf.3. Firebird (EP) is mafia. He is sadly mistaken if he really believes he knows Ithi's mafia meta. I think that is a lie to try to look like he is town. 4. Mashiara is town. Noob pass for the moment. Nothing that can't be explained away by newness.5. dice is town. Stoopid comment is one I don't think he makes as mafia. Especially since I think it would be about teammates.6. seph is town. From early posting. Did he say he would be away? I don't recall hearing from him lately.7. TMD is town. Posts coming across as irritated town WRT the postcount thing.  I say again postcount=/=town. 8. Eldrick is town. This is only because I don't think both of them are mafia having that converstion and I recall Eldrick being one to freely talk about setup. He was mafia then however. Has there been a thread started about percentage based NAs on the main board? (Stole that form Ithi) 9. cory is town. This is Ithi's slot. Not lynching here today.10. Zander is mafia.  I still can't shake that early game stuff. Feels like too much trying to force meta.  11. Turin is town12. Ley is mafia. I really think that the conversation about mafia actions and then the venture into boosting / deboosting percentages is more a mafia POV. Who can more easily work together? the town that doesn't know who else is on their team or the mafia that can plan how to integrate actions?13. Thane is mafia. This was a weak read.I don't like the parked vote to start or the bit of setup in his reads list. Also the lack of any background info troubles me. If this is wrong then it is most likely Eldrick.14. John Snow is mafia. Pushing at Darthe early for trying to lead town. He said later it was because he felt Darthe trying to raise above the fray but Darthe's posts didn't read that way to me at all. I think he took a reason I have given to distrust Darthe in other games and regurgitated it to me in hopes I would be swayed. Add in his being convinced i'm mafia but not acknowledging that I could be the mafia on his train smacks of contradiction in his thought process. 15. Darthe is town. He WASN"T trying to make everyone read him as LOCK CLEAR. He was driving conversation. I can actually follow his thoughts for the most part this game.

I want to comment on you list turin but I will do it tomorrow. My phone is making these quotes rather difficult. As I hope this is by your list

I think you are letting a few posts sway you away from the entirety of his game. I think it is why you misread me as town when I'm mafia sometimes. You let the odd townie nugget convince you that I couldn't be mafia in that circumstance. I think it was Cory that said not to disregard old info for new. integrate them together and see what you think is the more telling.

I think I am paraphrasing that but that is how I read the advice. We still have what 2 days? plenty of time to hear form everyone. As long as they will post of course. 

As an FYI, I do not know my schedule for this week. It may be day to day. If off then more time to play obviously.

I think that is sold solid advice there.

Fair enough. First of all, meant EP and not Eldrick! 

Yay! Finally town!

Thank you for breaking the chain, Heart.

I....don't know if I buy it.

God I love Pokemon.

Eldrick is town for sure.  Maybe Seph as well.  

[v] Zander [/v]

Follow me asap or be branded a wolf later

Gross.

Six posters, high likelihood that we already have a wolf in thread.  Not enough to go off of but IMO I'd go ahead and put Eldrick and John snow as town and might drop Seph back to null for being foppish but idk him well enough to really make that assertion yet.  

Talk to me

Why are you trying to channel Correh?

So far Zander's posts look good to me.

Here is Hallia's first post. I'm pretty sure by this point we'd all written off Eld as a beginner townie and Hallia tries to throw offhanded suspicion onto him.

At the same point Hallia also tries to divert the suspicions off of Zander without giving reason with another offhanded comment that was placed to look like an "oh by the way I don't really care but..." comment

-snip-

I don't follow the conclusions reached in any part of this post. Js gimme your thought process cause atm you look like a wolf reacting to my vote, something you were never great at.

Alright, lemme walk this through for you then. Pretend for a sec that day actions might have been a thing. It makes more sense that way.

So for starters you're claiming to be a day cop. People will automatically tend to go "Oh cool we have a day cop" or "Darthe's lying scum, let's kill him."

You reinforce the former by posting tons of opinions. People tend to associate people that they agree with (not people that agree with them) as being town. Posting tons of different (if not quite opposing) opinions gives a large chance that people are going to agree with at least some of them as they catch up/read the thread for the first time (considering like half of the people haven't even checked in yet). 

Now the above two combine to create a "follow the cop" mentality. Now this works very well for mafia, considering moves (or at least, all of mine) are % shots, so even if any real cop roles we have decide to check you, they could waste a lot of time just getting the % to fire. This also leads into the fact that there's no one to CC the cop role, since with all the different moves, it's feasible that there are multiple pokemon with some sort of cop move. 

Now with town following you, you can freely lynch townies for a couple days, maybe even throw in a buddy to appease them, until you have the numbers you need to win. 

Now knowing that the DA is BS shoots this theory to hell. But my second and fourth paragraphs stand without it. Kind of. I still think you're trying to get town to follow you. 

I guess this could just be

Wow I forgot how much Darthe posts during mafia.

-snip-

your new meta. Like I said, it's like 60% a gut feeling without the cop thing.

Also, you're trying to meta me. That's cute.

Ewwww. Pretend we had day actions?  Why are you trying to distract with things that are untrue?

And ewwww, accusing someone of using meta against you already?

Vote: John Snow

Here Hallia jumps on the slowly building Jon train for the worst logic. It was blatant why he said to pretend DA weren't ruled out, and also the fact that Darthe was making meta-esque comments towards Jon the second half of her post is just silly.

Dis. 

EP is correct and looks town. Eldrick is noob. Hallia is manipulative. Dice looks town. Darthe is Darthe-ing. Ithi seems town (or seemed anyways, she's gone now :sad: ).

I don't mind that she came out voting. But it's the way she did it. Her reasoning is poor on this one, in a way that rings scummy rather than careless.

RTE I am not sure if you were avoiding my question earlier, or you didn't realize but within a span of 3 posts you call ithi town, and then scummy...

Town list

Darthe

Ep

Cory

Turin

Ley

Null

Mash

TMD

Dice

Mixed

Eldrick- didn't like him declaring town over and over. Could of been due to excitement with finally rolling town. Role fishing area.

Rte -waiting for a reply to my question

Hallia I like the recent posts, I need to go back and look if the question Rte asked was answered.slight scum lean

Mafia

Thane I didn't like when asked for reasons he gave a poor excuse imo. Should of been able to say something off his head at least.

John snow his interactions worry me more early than late. Omgus on turrin was very suspicious.

Zander I did not like his early interactions. IgnoresIgnores my question and vote. Really would like to hear back from him.

I would be fine with lynching most of the bottom, only exceptions is rte, waiting on his reaponse.

It is late, but I needed to get this up and I am going to bed.

Up through page 9

God I love Pokemon.

[v] Zander [/v]

Hmm eldrick did choose a fire pokemon.
Zander I usually make sense.  Seph, Does this mean something?

Yes I believe him because he chose a fire pokemon. There my favorites

Someone's type of pokemon doesn't matter.  For example, last game if I recall correctly the fire and water were two opposing mafia teams.  Type is irrelevent IMO.

He's asking and answering questions, trying to clarify where he may be misunderstood and seems to be unafraid of defending himself.  General tone is townie.

now the real question is what is the general tone of an EP?

regardless I find it hard to believe the mafia would have Eld play the newbie town act. It notoriously gets shut down around here, especially for someone who has played a few games.

on the other hand this game is going relatively slower than I'm used to...

The general tone of an EP I suppose can vary.  I wasn't speaking of you at that time though, I was explaining why I thought Zander seemed townie to me.

Current most likely mafia suspects are Snow and Zander. I could vote either at the present. In interest of competing trains.

[v] Zander [/v] 

This is one of the laziest votes I've seen so far this game.  You're just going for easy marks.

I don't like this answer, there was only one true answer to that question that someone such as Hallia should have known. She started playing while I was at my peak. The true answer that I was looking for was chaotic. As Darthe and Turin know I'm known for my chaotic strategies that don't always work I'd say I had a 1 out of 4 success rate on them. Hallia's answer strikes me as "giving me what I wanted to hear."

Fair enough. First of all, meant EP and not Eldrick! 

Yay! Finally town!

Thank you for breaking the chain, Heart.

I....don't know if I buy it.

God I love Pokemon.

[v] Zander [/v]

Gross.

Six posters, high likelihood that we already have a wolf in thread.  Not enough to go off of but IMO I'd go ahead and put Eldrick and John snow as town and might drop Seph back to null for being foppish but idk him well enough to really make that assertion yet.  

Talk to me

Why are you trying to channel Correh?

So far Zander's posts look good to me.

Here is Hallia's first post. I'm pretty sure by this point we'd all written off Eld as a beginner townie and Hallia tries to throw offhanded suspicion onto him.

At the same point Hallia also tries to divert the suspicions off of Zander without giving reason with another offhanded comment that was placed to look like an "oh by the way I don't really care but..." comment

-snip-

I don't follow the conclusions reached in any part of this post. Js gimme your thought process cause atm you look like a wolf reacting to my vote, something you were never great at.

Alright, lemme walk this through for you then. Pretend for a sec that day actions might have been a thing. It makes more sense that way.

So for starters you're claiming to be a day cop. People will automatically tend to go "Oh cool we have a day cop" or "Darthe's lying scum, let's kill him."

You reinforce the former by posting tons of opinions. People tend to associate people that they agree with (not people that agree with them) as being town. Posting tons of different (if not quite opposing) opinions gives a large chance that people are going to agree with at least some of them as they catch up/read the thread for the first time (considering like half of the people haven't even checked in yet). 

Now the above two combine to create a "follow the cop" mentality. Now this works very well for mafia, considering moves (or at least, all of mine) are % shots, so even if any real cop roles we have decide to check you, they could waste a lot of time just getting the % to fire. This also leads into the fact that there's no one to CC the cop role, since with all the different moves, it's feasible that there are multiple pokemon with some sort of cop move. 

Now with town following you, you can freely lynch townies for a couple days, maybe even throw in a buddy to appease them, until you have the numbers you need to win. 

Now knowing that the DA is BS shoots this theory to hell. But my second and fourth paragraphs stand without it. Kind of. I still think you're trying to get town to follow you. 

I guess this could just be

Wow I forgot how much Darthe posts during mafia.

-snip-

your new meta. Like I said, it's like 60% a gut feeling without the cop thing.

Also, you're trying to meta me. That's cute.

Ewwww. Pretend we had day actions?  Why are you trying to distract with things that are untrue?

And ewwww, accusing someone of using meta against you already?

Vote: John Snow

Here Hallia jumps on the slowly building Jon train for the worst logic. It was blatant why he said to pretend DA weren't ruled out, and also the fact that Darthe was making meta-esque comments towards Jon the second half of her post is just silly.

Dis. 

EP is correct and looks town. Eldrick is noob. Hallia is manipulative. Dice looks town. Darthe is Darthe-ing. Ithi seems town (or seemed anyways, she's gone now :sad: ).

I don't mind that she came out voting. But it's the way she did it. Her reasoning is poor on this one, in a way that rings scummy rather than careless.

RTE I am not sure if you were avoiding my question earlier, or you didn't realize but within a span of 3 posts you call ithi town, and then scummy...

Honestly no idea what you are talking about. I only mentioned Ithi that one time. Rest was about Hallia if not specified. 

Archived