DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

@Ley why not shoot at Clov again then?

Cause he's mafia and

1) I'm an easy target to make a case against

2) Ithi is actually town and he will turn on her after

3) Ley is actually town and for some reason decided to play much more stupidly when coming back into this game for conquest

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright gang; I'm likely out for the rest of the day. I'll try to log in tonight but no promises.

FWIW - I used one of my items. There are [were] TWO SK's in the game. So we still have an SK at large. This is only pertinent to avoid the whole "what if we are all TOWN?!!" argument I've gone through in past Darthe games...

I like to participate. I don't get to play often and the last time I got to play a whole game I was dead for most of it. I know I don't last long so I try and make as many connections as possible.

Who is being very quiet during this whole discussion?

Bet your answer isn't Turin but it should be :wink: 

Pral, Tress, Sooh (relatively)

He really does read along with games and then we're talking and he starts to go on about them and I'm all - yeah I don't read games I'm not playing.

I'm sorry I don't play the same way you do and that makes you unhappy. I honestly believe RTE is mafia and the other things I've been doing have been to help me find additional mafia.

You seem to be mistaken, and I'll be happy to clear that up.  I don't have any issue with you playing differently from me.  Lots of people use different methods for playing, and a lot of different methods work.  Ideally, people of different playing styles would work together.

My problem with you this game is I cannot follow you.  At all.  Using this an example, you made a very quick conclusion from a write-up that reaffirmed what you already believe, but AJ and RTE hadn't even posted.  I said "You're welcome" (because, killing a SK is a good thing).  Furthermore, the conclusion depends on the premise that an experienced moderator just HANDED town the entire scum team.  

If say, Sooh (because she's never played before) read that and had said "I'm not sure what that means.  Does that imply they are the scum team?", that would be understandable.  She's new.  The game's complex.  And she probably has no idea what info a mod is going to give.  

You've played before.  Based on everything everybody else has said this game, quite a bit.  You should know perfectly well that Darthe isn't just going to give town a free win D1 by revealing the scum team (and giving you an ITA session to shoot them).  Despite this, you assumed we MUST be scum - because there's no other explanation?  In a game where cultural references result in random items being given out, including one you received?  

Long story short, I don't care if your methods are different than mine.  I have done phenomenally with people that have different methods.  Because they don't jump off the deep end at every little thing (such as RTE's "either or" thing, which you took to be serious, and completely damning...twenty posts into a game).

Well yes Turin, but I know he's driving a truck and won't have a break for a while. It's filled with aviation fuel and i'll be extremely unhappy if he even thinks about messing about with his phone whilst he's driving.

Tress and Sooh though yup. I think Pral said bye bye before he went.

I'm gonna have to run as well for work. In the mean time let's TRY not to kill anyone else, yes?

In the mean time I'm gonna [v]##Ley[/v]

That turn around was hella scummy. I strongly dislike how he switched his target to essentially piggy back off of Ithi's case onto RTE, who I feel reasonably good is town at this point considering we just exited a shared QT together that netted us a dead SK.

I'll be back later.

@Yates - Can you explain more or do you need to wait until after ITAs?

He really does read along with games and then we're talking and he starts to go on about them and I'm all - yeah I don't read games I'm not playing.

I'm sorry I don't play the same way you do and that makes you unhappy. I honestly believe RTE is mafia and the other things I've been doing have been to help me find additional mafia.

You seem to be mistaken, and I'll be happy to clear that up.  I don't have any issue with you playing differently from me.  Lots of people use different methods for playing, and a lot of different methods work.  Ideally, people of different playing styles would work together.

My problem with you this game is I cannot follow you.  At all.  Using this an example, you made a very quick conclusion from a write-up that reaffirmed what you already believe, but AJ and RTE hadn't even posted.  I said "You're welcome" (because, killing a SK is a good thing).  Furthermore, the conclusion depends on the premise that an experienced moderator just HANDED town the entire scum team.  

If say, Sooh (because she's never played before) read that and had said "I'm not sure what that means.  Does that imply they are the scum team?", that would be understandable.  She's new.  The game's complex.  And she probably has no idea what info a mod is going to give.  

You've played before.  Based on everything everybody else has said this game, quite a bit.  You should know perfectly well that Darthe isn't just going to give town a free win D1 by revealing the scum team (and giving you an ITA session to shoot them).  Despite this, you assumed we MUST be scum - because there's no other explanation?  In a game where cultural references result in random items being given out, including one you received?  

Long story short, I don't care if your methods are different than mine.  I have done phenomenally with people that have different methods.  Because they don't jump off the deep end at every little thing (such as RTE's "either or" thing, which you took to be serious, and completely damning...twenty posts into a game).

I'm not sure about you. I don't want you to be mafia. You're very good at summing stuff up. But again I'll explain that I don't edit my thoughts. I hadn't seen the dragon thingy and did not know how you were working together.

Hence I asked you to explain. I've said this a few times now.

I focus on small things it's true. like poker. Small things are tells. People don't intend to do them. The mafia team carefully checks it's posts to make sure big things don't get through. therefore only small things are left.

But I really do need to go update the triv game. I've just had fun because I don't have my boys here tonight so I've had a bit more free time.

I suppose for now I've felt more comfortable seeing how the game goes and how people think from the sidelines. Usually when I don't have anything to say I'm quiet... unless I'm horribly off topic though, which happens occasionally when I feel a need to lighten the mood. 

Clov, you've said you like Turin for scum, and you've pointed out that he knows more than he should have. Have you seen anything lately to back up your claim?

Tress is at work, as always at this time of day, with very limited time and unstable internet access on my phone.

Just finished catching up on the insanity.

And before anyone tries to find me suspicious for not offering a vig shot, anyone who has played with me lately should know I won't be doing that. I despise playing a vigilante and my reads aren't firm enough to shoot anyone but RTE, who i expect will be the lynch.

Lunch break is over.

@Yates - Can you explain more or do you need to wait until after ITAs?

I won the Book of the Dead for being the first to PM Darthe the Inception reference. [You guys are SO slow!] The reason I was asking you guys if you knew what your items did is because I had a picture of the item but Darthe didn't tell me anything about it. Basically, I was trying to catch you guys in a lie. Once we fell into the Deeper sleep phase focused on Egypt? My Book of the Dead told me a fact from the dead thread. The fact I received was that there are two SK's. This was before Tina got shot. So there should be one left.

In the mean time I'm gonna [v]##Ley[/v]

Dusty? Nice to have you back my friend. WE RIDE!

[v]##Ley[/v]

Yates faced tribulations early on for his loose tongue.  The pharaoh took him and locked him away for the day and night as punishment for revealing his knowledge of hidden items.

YATES has been silenced for revealing information about items.  For the rest of this day cycle he has no vote and cannot use any items or abilities that he might have.  

I just stopped to unload. Be with you in about an hour and half. Can everyone answer for themselves please.

I have a few questions for the dragoons if I may.

What did you do to get your items?

When did you get to start discussing your action?

Did you need to.have unanimous consent?

Did you know you would be in the scene?

If you were me would you be clearing you for this? Do you now think each of your two companions are town now?

Why did you feel the need to rub it in Ithi's face? That wasn't very nice.

I thought the 3 amigos references were done...

See you in about an hour and change.

Archived