DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanted to reply to this question because I understand that it looks a bit weird. Will try to catch up this evening, but not sure I can in the pretty limited time I have and so many new posts (least of all if I have to retype this post because chrome is being stupid!), but if not I'll try again tomorrow morning and, the latest moment, tomorrow evening.

@Ley why not shoot at Clov again then?

Because he had explained why he shouldn't be shot, and I thought he had done that well enough. Meanwhile, you had used an item called "mirror" on yourself, which made me pretty hesistant to shoot you, Turin wasn't here and Dice wasn't here either (well, I assumed he wasn't because it was in the middle of night for him), which meant that none of my list were online. I was also feeling a bit... reckless yesterday, and just wanted to shoot someone, so I decided on RTE, who didn't even mention my post where I was thinking about shooting him out loud while he did make several posts in the meanwhile. I also decided on him because I thought Ithi was making a good case on him.

Well right now I don't know what to make of you... AJ asked you a pretty direct question which I repeated, but as far as I can tell you won't answer it. 

Turin is pretty high on my scum list now... he seems to have a lot to say, but it's almost all based on stuff that happened all the way back in the beginning as far as I can see. 

I have AJ as a tentative town for now. He's saying a lot of things that I agree with, but at the same time.. I don't really have anyone as a sure town read at this point. 

Ithi is also a tentative town for me. I can see and follow her reasoning, but that doesn't mean she's not just a really good trickster ;)

I've been worried about Clovdy since the beginning, and I still am.

That's what I've got right now.. hope that's specific enough... 

Wanted to reply to this question because I understand that it looks a bit weird. Will try to catch up this evening, but not sure I can in the pretty limited time I have and so many new posts (least of all if I have to retype this post because chrome is being stupid!), but if not I'll try again tomorrow morning and, the latest moment, tomorrow evening.

@Ley why not shoot at Clov again then?

Because he had explained why he shouldn't be shot, and I thought he had done that well enough. Meanwhile, you had used an item called "mirror" on yourself, which made me pretty hesistant to shoot you, Turin wasn't here and Dice wasn't here either (well, I assumed he wasn't because it was in the middle of night for him), which meant that none of my list were online. I was also feeling a bit... reckless yesterday, and just wanted to shoot someone, so I decided on RTE, who didn't even mention my post where I was thinking about shooting him out loud while he did make several posts in the meanwhile. I also decided on him because I thought Ithi was making a good case on him.

Okay. I don't see why your suspects being online or not is relevant considering you shot at Clov the first time because he didn't respond fast enough.

I'm curious to see where you're at after you've caught up because I think you looked pretty opportunistic yesterday sheeping Ithi like that and attempting to kill a now proven townie when the entire time before then in your previous slot you continued expressing displeasure at the idea of being responsible for someone's death.

AJ this game is driving me nuts because it seems like its american dominated so when i post after work theres noone around but when im at work you lot all get mega busy.

I didnt like that Ley was one minute iffy about shooting anyone but then suddenly aimed at clov. Not BECAUSE he aimed at clov tho. Just that he aimed the gun so quick. If he had a reason for clov im not sure it was a good one cause I cant remember it at all.

You are making me slightly nervous suddenly. the sudden reemergence of ned and dusty caught my attention. I seem to remember a convo about not doin that anymore.

this is from ure post up top

"The latest bit of poo-poohing has been that Darthe would never put all the mafia in the scene. You do realize this is Darthe right?"

This is nothing but WIFOM and you really just need to stop. Don't game the Mod as an excuse to push for someone's lynch or death, that's terrible and comes off like you're trying to use every little thing you can to throw dirt at us.

You could make that same argument when i jumped on Tommy for claiming mafiaroleblocker. Everyone said "no one'd do that" Now tell me who turned out to be right? I trust Darthe as a mod to not play with us about as much as i believed tommy was town that game which is not at all. Dont discount it.

and again 

"I want one of the three of them dead today to verify my suspicions one way or the other. I propose that the rest if us that haven't shot yet shoot at RTE and Clov until we all run out or one is dead. If they flip mafia I would then propose lynching AJ."

Let's say some players actually agreed with and thought this was a good idea. Let's say that just now when you tried to kill Clov you were successful and he flipped town. What then? Would you still continue parading around trying to rouse the mob? Where does your progression go after that? "Onto the next one then!" or something along those lines?

I just have a really, really hard time believing that you BELIEVE this stuff. I've seen you pull these kind of theories out before in past games, and the majority of the time it was when you were mafia. You are basically riding Ithi's coattails with her reaction to the Tina death scene and spinning it every way you can to make us look bad. As much as I say that I think we should stop shooting, if it weren't for the fact that I think Ithi saved your hide when she whisked you away onto that carpet ride I would probably be typing your name in in a bolded and blue font at this point.

I kinda agree with this but I dont want to shoot. Im actually leaning towards lynching RTE. He hasnt really done anything to make me think he's town. He hasnt really done anything to make me think he's mafia. There was that one post where he replied to me calling him out to describe scumdice....problem is that wouldnt be a hard response for either side to come up with.

I dont want clov dead. 

And i have been reading you tone. My nerves i mentioned are like a twinge and id need confirmation on them to really go after you right now. You picking out Tina and doing it the way you did gave you big points but the ride of ned is making me careful. Of you and yates but more you truly.

Dice, I'm thoroughly confused by this post.  I THINK it's directed to AJ (the "you are making me slightly nervous"), but I'm not 100% because you brought up Leyrann after you mentioned AJ at top, and the stuff below is a combination of what Turin and AJ both said.  Can you confirm whether I'm right, and if not, tell me what's directed at who?

I also noticed you didn't ask ME who drove the conversation, but I will echo what RTE said - AJ started the conversation, I gave my list of people I wasn't interested in shooting at all, RTE came in and did the same.  The two of them drove the conversation while I was asleep.  I answered some questions about my candidates when I woke up and said I was okay - but not crazy about - Tina as a candidate, checked the thread, and moved Tina to a better candidate.  I thought she was being very fake about her reasons for pushing AJ; she agreed with AJ's thoughts on Turin, but thought it was a bad push, and she kept suspecting people for being "polite" and "friendly".  I explained that she just finished a game called "Be Nice" mafia, that she ran because she felt the hostility in games was out of control.  

After that, it was pretty even in the chat and we locked her in.  We had some brief discussions on other reads and thoughts for the ITA after the flip.

Yeah, this is boring. Even if I get Darthe's references it is too late by the time I wake up and notice it. Meh.

So, Ley and Tina dead and we have one more SK to go. And, the day is not ended, so we have no idea to go from the votes.

With RTE's claim as calligrapher and his claim of getting AJ and Clov in his QT, it would mean that RTE is telling the truth and is town or all three are scum. It is obviously the former.

With that, I am confident of my vote on Turin, which btw Darthe has not counted. So, here it is again [v]## Turin[/v]

With RTE's claim as calligrapher and his claim of getting AJ and Clov in his QT, it would mean that RTE is telling the truth and is town or all three are scum. It is obviously the former.

Thought this a bit more and this doesn't make sense. I had assumed calligrapher was town and hence the logic. Apparently, not. RTE could technically be scum calligrapher and pull in town clov and town AJ too. So, ignore the above statement. This doesn't absolve RTE as town, though I personally think he is.

1) With RTE's alignment out there, I like that Pral had the opportunity to hammer and stayed with his initial vote (on Turin).

2) Pointing out his own logic error with a reasonable explanation is a good look.  Very comfortable with Pral as town at this point.

clov   the nervous was aimed at AJ. 

The question about the qt i meant for anyone to answer but realised i hadnt really shown that and RTE happened to be online at the same time as me     a rarity in this game so far

they Ley bit was in answer to a post of AJs earlier.

Well right now I don't know what to make of you... AJ asked you a pretty direct question which I repeated, but as far as I can tell you won't answer it. 

Turin is pretty high on my scum list now... he seems to have a lot to say, but it's almost all based on stuff that happened all the way back in the beginning as far as I can see. 

I have AJ as a tentative town for now. He's saying a lot of things that I agree with, but at the same time.. I don't really have anyone as a sure town read at this point. 

Ithi is also a tentative town for me. I can see and follow her reasoning, but that doesn't mean she's not just a really good trickster ;)

I've been worried about Clovdy since the beginning, and I still am.

That's what I've got right now.. hope that's specific enough... 

Show me what question of AJs you repeated.

Tho i do now realize i missed a question of AJs   @AJ  my item lasts the night phase as well

Also, can you explain what you mean by a change in tone?  I understand that he was being kind of snippy with your questions, but he was being kind of..."edgy"? I don't know the best word for it... for a lot of the game.  I remember he made a read earlier about Ithillian and said something like "Poor Clov just doesn't know better".  Not downright condescending, but just a little bit of bitterness?

And it didn't seem like you had a huge problem with it earlier.

"As does the way AJ immediately went for the mirror upon learning everyone had a vig shot."

Why wouldn't I have used it? I had it in my arsenal and know my alignment. I also believe I'm 100x better to my team alive than dead. As you can see, I actually catch and kill scum - mafia or not. You're telling me if you had a way to protect yourself when people (SK, mafia and townies alike) are firing off shots at one another, you wouldn't use it? PLEASE tell me you wouldn't and I will call you a straight up liar, dude. And save the martyr speech. Ley.1 deciding to up and blast Clov because he didn't answer him in time is exactly the type of thing I didn't want to happen to me.

I just want to reply to this that I would NOT have shot if he hadn't replied.

"As does the way AJ immediately went for the mirror upon learning everyone had a vig shot."

Why wouldn't I have used it? I had it in my arsenal and know my alignment. I also believe I'm 100x better to my team alive than dead. As you can see, I actually catch and kill scum - mafia or not. You're telling me if you had a way to protect yourself when people (SK, mafia and townies alike) are firing off shots at one another, you wouldn't use it? PLEASE tell me you wouldn't and I will call you a straight up liar, dude. And save the martyr speech. Ley.1 deciding to up and blast Clov because he didn't answer him in time is exactly the type of thing I didn't want to happen to me.

And I want to add to that that I think the post as a whole is one of the best in the game, at least so far.

Yes, 738 was to you, Dice. :)

I think you meant the opposite here?

so why me? i seem to remember you saying i was looking town early on but dont really remember you mentioning me much otherwise. what changed?

I had started to like your play less and I believe I also mentioned that somewhere. Would have to look up what it was exactly but I'm pretty tired now and still looking at like 7 pages I have to catch up on.

I meant if you had not posted at all. In other words, if you hadn't been around as far as I could have seen.

I didnt like that Ley was one minute iffy about shooting anyone but then suddenly aimed at clov. Not BECAUSE he aimed at clov tho. Just that he aimed the gun so quick. If he had a reason for clov im not sure it was a good one cause I cant remember it at all.

I think you're messing post times up right here. As 1.0 I first wanted to shoot Turin, but when I heard he wasn't around I asked Clov to explain why I shouldn't shoot him, then I went to take a shower and half an hour later I shot him but then it turned out I was dead already. As 2.0 I mentioned that I might want to shoot RTE but wasn't sure and just felt like shooting someone. Then later I decided to actually shoot him.

Yeah, this is boring. Even if I get Darthe's references it is too late by the time I wake up and notice it. Meh.

So, Ley and Tina dead and we have one more SK to go. And, the day is not ended, so we have no idea to go from the votes.

With that, I am confident of my vote on Turin, which btw Darthe has not counted. So, here it is again [v]## Turin[/v]

Thought this a bit more and this doesn't make sense. I had assumed calligrapher was town and hence the logic. Apparently, not. RTE could technically be scum calligrapher and pull in town clov and town AJ too. So, ignore the above statement. This doesn't absolve RTE as town, though I personally think he is.

1) With RTE's alignment out there, I like that Pral had the opportunity to hammer and stayed with his initial vote (on Turin).

2) Pointing out his own logic error with a reasonable explanation is a good look. Very comfortable with Pral as town at this point.

I'm not so sure about that.

First point - mafia refusing to hammer a townie whose lynch is almost a foregone conclusion is not unheard of. I wouldn't give him credit for that.

Second point - the real logic error is that he's assuming RTE's role had anything whatsoever to do with the three of you being in the QT together, which had been explained more than once as being due to "found items". Again, not ready to give him townie points for that one.

At work and heading into a meeting, more later.

so why me? i seem to remember you saying i was looking town early on but dont really remember you mentioning me much otherwise. what changed?

I had started to like your play less and I believe I also mentioned that somewhere. Would have to look up what it was exactly but I'm pretty tired now and still looking at like 7 pages I have to catch up on.

I meant if you had not posted at all. In other words, if you hadn't been around as far as I could have seen.

Ooooh, okay.  I got you now.  Thought you meant replied directly to your question - you meant if I was offline.  Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm not so sure about that.

First point - mafia refusing to hammer a townie whose lynch is almost a foregone conclusion is not unheard of. I wouldn't give him credit for that.

Second point - the real logic error is that he's assuming RTE's role had anything whatsoever to do with the three of you being in the QT together, which had been explained more than once as being due to "found items". Again, not ready to give him townie points for that one.

At work and heading into a meeting, more later.

1) You're absolutely right it's not unheard of, but hammering presumably would have killed conversation.  He, instead, chose to continue getting his points across and exploring other options.  I don't think anybody should say he's 100% clear from it, but I think it's more likely to come from a townie POV than scum.

2) He is absolutely wrong, but he explained his thoughts.  Then he took the initiative to re-assess and find the flaw, resulting in a change.  Is it possible he's in a scumchat and somebody said "That doesn't make any sense, Pral.  You messed* up", sending Pral into damage control mode?  Sure.  

But again, I think it's MORE likely to be he's genuinely displaying his thoughts.  And I know Pral typically is in catch up mode, so I would assume scummates would be explaining what happened in chat.  Not sure he'd have posted an obviously wrong theory as a red herring.

Archived