DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cleanse the Tower - Black Tower Mafia Day 2

Darthe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just stopped and unloading. I have a small amount of time presently.

Things I don't like.

Kiv trying to reduce town power by advocating shorter deadlines and especially this speed no lynch. Both these things are bad IMO. Reduced time means less chance for interaction. Stances need to be taken. Also kiv, who are you? I can see this claim as cover for the nk. Adding in your desire to limit day phases and lynches and you are my top suspect at present. Btw what did you get from the two deaths so far?

Yates dropping a dead vote on me with 9 minutes to deadline. Why? It serves no purpose and frankly just looks like a dead vote to stay off the dead townie lynch. Add in what now looks like early buddying and it smells fishy to me. Yates what time did you vote for day today?

Finally about mo mafia. I don't see how it could be based on the stated mechanics. It clearly states that if time runs out that MAFIA must make an additional kill. So how can that happen if there is no mafia? I don't buy it. I think kiv is tryin to lead us astray.

[V] ## kivam [/v]

Wtl Yates, Tina, Ley also ATM

I will stay out of the Ithi argument cause no one wants to hear it.

Evening.

Couple of questions.

Kivam, if you are a CPR doctor, did you target WoT with the intention of protecting or killing her?

Also - this No Lynch idea, is it not like taking a knee in football and allowing the timer to run down?

I am unhappy with the idea of two fast days and now the idea of not trying to find Mafia today.

There must be a Mafia team as the rules say something about them getting extra kills if the time runs out. They're also the way we get more time.

I've got a really bad feeling about Kivam. Also Tina. Thane seems very concerned that someone is going to run up a Lynch on him.

Then again perhaps I was left well enough alone yesterday because I was barkingup the wrong tree and they hoped I try and push a Lynch today.

With regards to the oh bugger - I thought it was funny cos that's what I said Kivam would say. Also I have in the past noticed that people are cautious about commenting on deaths as folks always say they're being fake. As I don't really care what people think I can pretty much say whatever I like.

And Turin is currently driving a truck full of jet fuel to some military base somewhere. He normally doesn't get to stop until about 12 - 3am my time. He can't message while he's driving. He get's the odd break but if I see him posting here while he's driving they'll be merry hell to pay.

I'm not sure about him yet, as he's not really said that much apart from saying longer days would be better. I thought that was fair enough.

Thane - what do you think about it?

I think you're mentioning it because it gives you something to say that makes it seem you are contributing to the game.

I have yet to see one independent thought about the game from you. You are most followy indeed. If I remember correctly you posted about how you could not post also. The 'joke' about being run up on a quick lynch seems to have an element of truth to it, and also was it you who was one of the two to completely abstain initially from discussing EP's alignment? I think if it was you then posted about how wrong you were. The weird thing is, I can't remember you being that ardent about voting for EP. My feeling about the absence of comment was more that Mafia don't want to be seen to be crying crocodile tears, rather than feeling you should explain how wrong you were.

Do you have any suspects and what are your reasons for them?

[V]## vote Thane[/v]

Yates dropping a dead vote on me with 9 minutes to deadline. Why? It serves no purpose and frankly just looks like a dead vote to stay off the dead townie lynch. Add in what now looks like early buddying and it smells fishy to me. Yates what time did you vote for day today?

To be fair; my vote was on Pral up until that point. My vote was on Pral because he was posting elsewhere but not posting in here. I believe that should be easy enough to surmise given that I linked to a recent Pral post when Kivam accused me of having a "throw away vote."

You're right about the early "buddying," though it was less "buddying" and more "agreeing." I said as much in the post I voted for you [well, the post before the post I voted for you]. I liked your early posts, but they were mostly mechanics - which is pretty easy to hide behind as scum. Then I didn't like your "slip" nonsense and gave you a "minor fos" for it. The more I thought about it, the less I liked it. I voted for you because I wanted you to talk to me about it.

Sooner or later, you guys will realize that a. I don't do throw away votes and b. votes in a hybrid hammer game are not throw away votes.

So,talk to me about Leyrann... Anything besides the "slip" that bothers you?

I asked Darte if the taint would be a part of this game. He said it's part of the time nechanics and that it could appear in the scenes, and then PAFO.

Cult could be possible since the dreadlords turned people. But Darthe wrote 'mafia', not 'threat' or any other word. And they always had to be 13, not that that stopped me from giving mafia a recruit in my BT game. Anyway, I think we have a mafia but it's good to try thinking out of the box.

I'll go back to my vote on Dice. I could also vote Thane or those with few posts.

My towlist is Ley, Locke and Kivam.

[v] ## Dice [/v]

Wow, I actually posted this. I have been so annoyed by DM today. Every time I tried to post it said that DM was down or something like that. Have anyone else had this problem?

The multiple posts are caused by Clouflare storing the post and submitting it once it goes live.

If you get Cloudflare, I'd say give it ten minutes and come look again. If you post 3 times in the cloudflare time, you'll get 3 posts when it comes back to life :)

I might have done that a few times lol.

Wat... I had two quoted posts, I click on "multiquote", DM thinks for a while and then removes them.

Oh well, let's see if I can remember it.

I believe Yates said something about no lynch giving the mafia (if it exists) two kills. That´s NOT TRUE. Mafia only gets bonus kills if we´re out of time. I gave good reasoning just before your post that voting no lynch would NOT cost us time we don´t have - With earlier-mentioned 36-hour days we could do a 5th day of 28 hours. If the normal mafia indeed exists, then we'd lose majority after that time. And Kivam proved that a no lynch would make us lose majority a day later due to even and odd numbers. In other words, once again:

We don't lose anything from a no-lynch.

And there was something about "but Darthe said "mafia would get an extra kill". Well, a mafia that doesn't exist can get an extra kill, it just can't use it because... it doesn't exist.

Oh, and Kivam already said he'd holster. If there's a NK, we'll look again. If there's not, then I would say we can agree there's no mafia. We should in that case follow it up with a 12-hour day and no lynch.

One thing I just thought: What if we - once again, I'm going down the path that part of the experimentation of this game is Darthe hiding things from us - actually WIN when the time is up, on, for example, the condition we are with X members left. I would say that this is probably too dangerous to try if we are not absolutely sure there's nothing killing or converting us though.

And, remember, WE HAVE NO WIN CONDITION in our role PM.

And, remember, WE HAVE NO WIN CONDITION in our role PM.

How do you know what anyone but your own's role PM says?

I mean Darthe has just confirmed now that he missed this out - but before then ... has there been multiple people saying what their role PM said?

Maybe Ley was able to say 'our' role pm because he's part of a group and they discussed it. I know that I wouldn't have assumed that no-one else's PM said the same thing mine did.

[unvote]

[v]## Leyrann[/v]

OK, can actually type for once.  Tried to post this from my phone but it's not loading.  DARTHE - I HATE TO SAY IT SINCE IT'S YOUR CENTRAL MECHANIC, BUT I THINK YOU NEED TO SUSPEND/EXTEND THE CLOCK TO ACCOUNT FOR THE POSTING PROBLEMS EVERYONE IS HAVING.  I targeted WoT to kill her, for exactly the reasons I mentioned D1; it's important to know whether a scum was on the block D1, and she and Phoenix were the only two viable lynch candidates for most of the day. 

Neither were scum, which means scum had no need to defend a mate from pressure and no particular concern which of the two ended up dead.  That leads me to believe Ithi is a townie. She shifted from WoT to EP when the lynches were close to tied and nobody else was really getting pressure; there's almost no motivation for scum to make that move unless one of their own needed protecting.

Right now, I'm most suspicious of Turin, Tina, Yates, and Ley.

So, with Darthe now all but confirming a mafia is in this game, ... [v]##unvote. vote Turin[/v].

I dont understand how you people can possibly think theres no mafia. There being mafia is built into the mechanics of this game. Then theres Darthes OP fix. At the very least there should be a third party or something. With 12 hours nights I wouldnt find it all the surprising if the mafia/third party just missed their submit. Especially with the posting issues/inactivity some people are having.

Personally I want to look at the inactives and check them.

If we arnt going to lynch them, Id prefer not to lynch Turin. I dont see him as all the scummy myself. Ley and Yates Id be more agreeable with.

[v]##Vote Ley[/v]

Archived