DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cleanse the Tower - Black Tower Mafia Day 2

Darthe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did Ithi think of Turin?

She didn't really interact with Turin other than to defend his lack of thread presence in the one post when she mentioned he was driving a truck full of jet fuel. Here:

And Turin is currently driving a truck full of jet fuel to some military base somewhere. He normally doesn't get to stop until about 12 - 3am my time. He can't message while he's driving. He get's the odd break but if I see him posting here while he's driving they'll be merry hell to pay.

I'm not sure about him yet, as he's not really said that much apart from saying longer days would be better. I thought that was fair enough.

Otherwise, his name only appears in her ISO when she is making her "followers" case on Thane and Len here... So if Len is scum, the Ithi kill makes sense.

I think I was the only one poking at Ithi and she poked back a bit.

Kivam might be scum after all

He did claim CPR Doc and responsibility for the N1 kill... He could be an investigation target if you're that worried. Especially give your post suggesting he might be a paranoia lynch.

With that said; I'm just going to do this:

[v]##Pral[/v]

Zero information lynch. I know. I'm over it.

The zero information part doesn't bother me. (No, wait, that's a lie. It does.) What bothers me is that unless I'm badly misreading this group and they are open to a CFD on a player who hasn't posted, this is a throwaway vote with no chance of having an impact on the lynch. If both Time and EP are town, I'm looking here first

Heh

Kivam might be scum after all

He did claim CPR Doc and responsibility for the N1 kill... He could be an investigation target if you're that worried. Especially give your post suggesting he might be a paranoia lynch.

Talk to me about that Post I just quoted

Seems apropos

Anyone else have a killing type doctor role? I'm a cpr doc - essentially, i kill my targets unless they are targeted for a kill, in which case they are protected. Chose to kill time for exactly the reason i explained on thread, and I'm now going to suggest a mass reveal

Kivam; why did you claim here?

A few reasons.  First, legitimately thought that no-scum was a possibility and wanted to convince people to no-lynch.  Would have been impossible without the claim, and a mass reveal could have vetted it.  Second, I probably would have claimed vigilante anyway at some point, so accelerating it didn't particularly worry me.  And third, it was 1:30 am and I probably shouldn't have :blush: ; definitely should have just asked Darthe if leaving out win conditions was a mistake.

Anyone else have a killing type doctor role? I'm a cpr doc - essentially, i kill my targets unless they are targeted for a kill, in which case they are protected. Chose to kill time for exactly the reason i explained on thread, and I'm now going to suggest a mass reveal

Kivam; why did you claim here?

What do you want to know that I haven't already shared? Pral was posting in our other game. It was a prod vote. Basically just reread page 14 for context.

The fact that he based his future reasoning on two "scummy" players flipping town (and then they did)

You know, the basic scum setup post

What do you want to know that I haven't already shared? Pral was posting in our other game. It was a prod vote. Basically just reread page 14 for context.

The fact that he based his future reasoning on two "scummy" players flipping town (and then they did)

You know, the basic scum setup post

Heh.  Yates just scummed with me.  If he's town, he knows I don't do "basic" as scum.

He actually was suspicious of you not voting one of the leading wagons...

I think Kivam would disagree. He said "Yates comes in, does the same thing." Implying that I did the same thing as Tina. My argument is that what I did actually isn't the same thing. And I *think* that's why he's more suspicious of Tina than myself.

Actually, I meant "same thing" as in "voting someone who obviously wouldn't be lynched" rather than "moving off a lead train" - which was kind of obvious given that you weren't on anyone to that point. And yes, that is why I'm more suspicious of Tina than you, right now.

Tina is a villager

You guys are obvious wolves together with this back and forth that never goes anywhere

How about you just answer my question you vagrant

UnOfficial Vote Count 1:

Yates (1/9): Kivam

Kivam (1/9): Ley

WoT (2/9): Ithi, Phoenix

Pheonix (1/9): Tina

Not Voting (11/16):

RTE, Dice, Thane, Len, Turin, Tommy, Laya, WoT, Locke, AJ, Yates

The four struck out either forgot the game, didn't get their role PM, or just generally disappeared (RTE).  Contrary to what some were saying earlier about townies being more likely to slack, I don't think we can draw any conclusions about their alignment from lack of participation; even if you subscribe to that theory, it only applies to people who know about the game.

UnOfficial Vote Count 2:

Turin (1/9): Kivam

Pheonix (1/9): Tina

Not Voting (11/16):

RTE, Dice, Thane, Len, Turin, Tommy, Laya, WoT, Locke, AJ, Yates

Only change from the prior vote count (3 minutes earlier) is my move to Turin.

VOTE COUNT:

Yates - 1 - Kivam

Turin Turambar- 1 - Leyrann

Wheeloftime - 2 - Eternal Phoenix, Ithillian

Eternal Phoenix - 1 - TinaHel

Not voting: 11 ( RTE, Dice, Thane, Lenlo, Turin Turanbar, Tommy, Laya, Wheeloftime, Locke, AJ, Yates)

Day phase ends at 12:15 PM Eastern time on 12/9.  With 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.

And this is still the same count

UnOfficial Vote Count 2:

Turin (1/9): Kivam

Pheonix (2/9): Tina, Turin

Not Voting (10/16):

RTE, Dice, Thane, Len, Tommy, Laya, WoT, Locke, AJ, Yates

Turin comes in, votes Phoenix, puts him up with WoT as leading contender.  Can't read too much into that given WoT was town and voting any player at that point would have a similar effect.  Only real note here is that he did not vote WoT, which would have put her as an early favorite to be lynched on a short day.  Town tell?

I don't like the votes on WoT at all and I'm beginning to see patterns emerging.

[v]unvote. ##Phoenix[/v]

UnOfficial Vote Count 3:

WoT (3/9): I Phoenix, Lenlo, Locke

Pheonix (5/9): Tina, Turin, Dice, thi, Kivam

Not Voting (10/16):

RTE, Thane,  Tommy, Laya, WoT,  AJ, Yates

In the interim here, Lenlo, and Locke vote WoT in rapid succession, while Dice votes Pheonix - making the count WoT 4, Pheonix 3.  Then Ithi shifts from WoT to Phoenix.  I follow, to complete this count.

Note - that move by Ithi is what I was referring to as a town tell with no mafia motivation.  She just shifted the vote count from WoT 4, Phoenix 3 to Phoenix 4, WoT 3.  Other than as a calculated move hoping someone will pick up on it and townread her for it, there is literally no edge for scum in making that shift.  It doesn't take her off a lynch train, doesn't fuel a townie lynch (since all it did was shift which townie was in the lead at an identical count, not change the count at all) and it doesn't protect a teammate (since WoT was a townie too). 

Bottom line, it will take a lot to get me voting Ithi this game, since I don't think it was a calculated move to trigger this reaction.

Another note: had Phoenix been scum, I'd have been looking hard at Lenlo and Locke.  Those votes are nowhere near as suspicious now, though.

UnOfficial Vote Count 3:

WoT (3/9): Phoenix, Lenlo, Locke

Pheonix (4/9): Turin, Dice, Ithi, Kivam

Dice (1/9): Tina

Not Voting (7/16):

RTE, Thane,  Tommy, Laya, WoT,  AJ, Yates

Tina shifts from Phoenix to Dice.  This move raises alarm bells for me; with three hours left to deadline, there was no reasonable possibility of a Dice lynch there and WoT and Phoenix are essentially locked in as the only possibilities.  Could be scum moving to get off a townie lynch, potentially with an added side of distancing.  Very willing to vote here when day opens

UnOfficial Vote Count 4:

Pheonix (5/9): Turin, Dice, Ithi, Kivam, Thane

Pral (1/9): Yates.

Not Voting (5/16):

RTE,  Tommy, Laya, WoT,  AJ

Yates comes in, does the same thing.  This has been discussed.  Yates says it's not a throwaway vote because he'll be on at deadline, and he gives some decent reasoning ... but all he does at deadline is shift to Turin, as we see in the final vote count below:

UnOfficial Vote Count 5:

Pheonix (6/9): Turin, Dice, Ithi, Kivam, Thane, Time

Turin (1/9): Yates.

Not Voting (5/16):

RTE,  Tommy, Laya,  AJ

VOTE COUNT:

Kivam  - 1 - Leyrann

Turin Turambar- 1 - Yates

Wheeloftime - 3 - Eternal Phoenix, Lenlo, Locke

Eternal Phoenix - 6 - Turin Turanbar, Dicetosser, Ithillian, Kivam, Thane, wheeloftime

Dicetosser - 1 - TinaHel

Not voting: 4 (RTE,  Tommy, Laya, AJ)

Day phase is over.  Eternal Phoenix has been lynched.  He was - 

Norley - Vanilla Town

It is now Night One.  Night One will last 12 hours.  You may begin voting for your desired Day Length for D2.  

Bottom line: I'm looking hard at Yates and Tina today, mostly Tina.

GTFY

Tina is a villager

You guys are obvious wolves together with this back and forth that never goes anywhere

Finish the sentence: Tina is a villager because ...

And again, that's laughable for anyone who knows my approach when scum.  I've got no compunction hard-running teammates, especially early in games.

Kivam are you voting for EP because you think he's Mafia? ... tapatalk again. No, because how he flips, and time does, will shed light on you, Locke, ley, and potentially the inactives

Forgot about this. What did EP and WoT's flips tell you about Tina, Locke, Ley, and the inactives?

Archived