DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cleanse the Tower - Black Tower Mafia Day 2

Darthe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm having some connection issues to DM. Either that or my pc is acting up.

Anyways. Critics on me noted Ithi, and i will even agree with you. I'm having some problems trying to stay in the game, perhaps it's a bit too fast paced for my liking. Honestly, i don't know wether Darthe would put subtleties in titles or not. But this is BT, so i'm not ruling it out. What it could mean, however, i have not figured out yet (if it's anything but flavor).

From the players present, i wouldn't lynch Turin, Ithi, Dice, Tina, Kivam. All the others are legit targets to lynch or perform NA's on. It's nearly N2, and we need to find some wolves, fast.

Official Vote Count D2:

No Lynch (1/8): Ley

Dice (2/8): Locke, Tina,

Turin (1/8): Kivam.

Ithi (1/8): Pral

Kivam (1/8):Turin

Ley (3/8): Ithi, Lenlo, Thane

Not Voting (6/14):

RTE, Tommy,  AJ, Dice, Yates,

Deadline at 10PM EST.

DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED 1.5 HOURS TO ACCOUNT FOR CLOUDFLARE ISSUES.

ok - bear with me, I'm multiquoting so you should first just take a minute to commemorate that as it hardly ever happens.

This is all to do with Followers. Followers who like to follow a strong Town lead because they think no-one will remember they were there too. In this instance the Town is me and the Followers are Thane and Len.

Let's watch the Day 1 play.

Here I go

I think that Time and EP are both Mafia and did the whole fake argument over silliness to then work up to this blatant distancing vote from EP.

If I'm right then I might as well [v]## Time[/v] and get EP next round.

I don't understand the numbers. My time is limited. I work full time and look after my family in the evening. If you shorten the days to be based in America I'll be working, sleeping or busy.

Just a thought.

And that means that D1, which is a day on which we can't reasonably expect to lynch scum, needed to be a short day.  And I'll go out on a limb and say that D2 probably should be relatively short as well, because we need to maximize our time on days when we can expect to lynch scum.

I think you are being wonky with your math. Nights are 12 hours. Even if we set ALL days to 24 hours, we get 5 days plus 8 hours on Day 6 assuming we lynch ZERO scum. I'll tell you what, we don't deserve to win if we haven't lynched scum in a 16 player game by Day 6.

Also, you forget that days where we have a guilty result on a player don't need to be very long. Plus days with fewer players require less discussion as well. So, really, days can get SHORTER as we progress because we'll have more info to help us make better decisions faster.

Like, Day 3 would probably be a good day to reserve now as a 12 hour day. At that point our PR's would have two nights worth of investigation results.

So I propose D2 is 20 hours and Day 3 is 12 hours. That gives us a full 24 hours for Day 6 and beyond, not counting the time we get back plus the bonus 12 hours when we lynch scum. If we catch scum by day 3? We can "reward" ourselves by adding 4 hours to our days for each scum we catch.

For the bolded: If your focusing on PR results then rapid day/night cycles get us those two. Thing is I doubt Darthe will let the PRs say anything during the night incase they are NKed.

I think 24 hours for a day is plenty. Look because of the time right away this game is in overdrive, where normally the first 11 pages is complete crap.

I love that all we're talking about is mechanics.

The mechanics in this game are rather unique and an integral part, to be frank.

[v]##Time[/v]

I like where Kivam's head is at, I agree with him on the time thing and hes already argued its merits much better than I could. Lawyered, as his siggie says. For EP I wanna get a chance to read him better. Its been a long time since ive played with him and I remember him doin some pretty cray cray stuff before he stopped. Time though, Time I have played with more recently.

This is where Len follows onto WoT with no real reason to do so.

i'm more or less here, will be catching up and ITT when i get to work in a few hours. It's a pain in the ass reading notifications and finding out they're not in order.... :dry:

Thane is not here ... apart from posting to say he's not here.

Then comes me again - ready?

EP's tone is becoming increasingly posturing.

[unvote]

[V]## EP

Also - do we need to do hashes or is that just some fashion?

Under five hours left. With days as short as they will be in this game I think we need to go after inactives sooner or later. It will be too easy to just float along. I don´t think AJ and Pral have checked in yet.

I´m suspicious of Thane. He has 17 posts so far but hasn´t posted anything of importance. Could vote him too.

This is Tina noting that Thane hasn't done anything. I thought I'd quote it as it gives a nice number of posts where he's said nothing.

i'm at work, and i'll try to read through and get some thoughts out before EOD.

Still a bit busy is our Thane.

i'm struggling to read the thread today at work. From what i see in the game, there are two people here that strike me as off.. EP and Kivam. True, this is my first game with EP, and perhaps i just don't know his style, but his play doesn't do it for me. With Kivam, it's... i dunno... I'm a terrible player when it comes to explaining, and D1 is mostly gut for me, and i'll go with these two.

[v] vote EP [/v]

And then the follow ... making sure he throws out another name into the mix. I'm not liking the Kivam mix - as a Mafia should always blend their mix of Town and Mafia suspicionals

VOTE COUNT:

Kivam  - 1 - Leyrann

Turin Turambar- 1 - Yates

Wheeloftime - 3 - Eternal Phoenix, Lenlo, Locke

Eternal Phoenix - 6 - Turin Turanbar, Dicetosser, Ithillian, Kivam, Thane, wheeloftime

Dicetosser - 1 - TinaHel

Not voting: 4 (RTE,  Tommy, Laya, AJ)

Day phase is over.  Eternal Phoenix has been lynched.  He was - 

Norley - Vanilla Town

It is now Night One.  Night One will last 12 hours.  You may begin voting for your desired Day Length for D2.  

And there's the final vote count for the day.

Len followed onto Wot and sat there. Kivan chose EP just cos and Thane followed onto EP because he might have been suspicious of either him or Kivam.

Now we need to look at today.

back in a mo.

Here we go with today.

Thane basically does an awful lot of spamming and following what he thinks other people might think. He votes and unvotes and votes and unvotes. It seems like he's laying out possibilities and seeing if anyone will go with it. With these short days and hybrid hammer, you only need one more vote than anyone else and you're a gonner. It would be easy for a quick slam by mafia to push a town over the edge.

Anyways look at the lovely fluff and boinging about.

dice and myself have a similar style in the game. I have the problem that i can't wrtie down what my head thinks :/ 

I did think that Time was town here.... bummer... 

Kivam: you have a town PR then.... i think a mass reveal is a bad idea. Especially this early in game.

Welcome RTE and Pral... right on time :tongue:

i'm curious what you two have to add in the few hours that are left. And i'm actually waiting on a Tommy CFD on me....  :ph34r:

if i guess correctly, around 14.5 hours.

dunno if Darthe willingly would mislead us. I don't have that much experience with experimental games (and this one, yeah, breaks my head)

[v]Tommy[/v]

Thread needs moar Tommy and AJ....

i think not mynching is bad. And now, instead of talking about mechanics and setup... which is all quite interesting, admitted... who's top suspect for everybody?

lynching* damn typo

How risky would it be to pull off something like that D2? If indeed there's no mafia, then it'd be a win... but if there are, t ime is lost. Not too uch, seeing the days have been kept quite short.... opinions?

howdy Tommy.... you forgot a game? wow... must be a first..... :tongue:

you missed your chance to CFD me D1.... sad about it?

oh yeah: 

unvote

i've looked through the opening post, and i can't find anything about win conditions indeed... 

Now, just so i understand hings right: Should we achieve a no lynch by voting 'no lynch', will the wolves get a double kill or not?

Who's doing VC?

[v] Turin [/v]

Let's see if someone is home then.

DL is about 6 hours from now, i think.

i'd say we wait what happens tonight. No kill besides town PR could mean no mafia (seeing no specified winconditions)... big word in there is COULD... third parties always a possibility

unvote

In this situation, i wouldn't vote for Kivam. He claimed (wether or not it's a fake one, we'll have to find out later) so should be kept around for another round.

there IS a link between the two of you :wink:

so... a random thought... Would the diffirent titles for the days mean anything? Yesterday it was Purge the Tower, today Cleanse the Tower.... just flavor or do we need to look into that?

Here I come ...

Thane - what do you think about it?

I think you're mentioning it because it gives you something to say that makes it seem you are contributing to the game.

I have yet to see one independent thought about the game from you. You are most followy indeed. If I remember correctly you posted about how you could not post also. The 'joke' about being run up on a quick lynch seems to have an element of truth to it, and also was it you who was one of the two to completely abstain initially from discussing EP's alignment? I think if it was you then posted about how wrong you were. The weird thing is, I can't remember you being that ardent about voting for EP. My feeling about the absence of comment was more that Mafia don't want to be seen to be crying crocodile tears, rather than feeling you should explain how wrong you were.

Do you have any suspects and what are your reasons for them?

[V]## vote Thane

Here come's yates to defend. Just thought I'd mention it.

I think you're mentioning it because it gives you something to say that makes it seem you are contributing to the game.

This reads to me as Thane angle shooting. He was VT in Marlfox when he did the same thing.

And I'll be continuing shortly.

This is where I change my vote

And, remember, WE HAVE NO WIN CONDITION in our role PM.

How do you know what anyone but your own's role PM says?

I mean Darthe has just confirmed now that he missed this out - but before then ... has there been multiple people saying what their role PM said?

Maybe Ley was able to say 'our' role pm because he's part of a group and they discussed it. I know that I wouldn't have assumed that no-one else's PM said the same thing mine did.

[unvote]

[v]## Leyrann[/v]

Which I still think is very off btw - but then this happens.

I dont understand how you people can possibly think theres no mafia. There being mafia is built into the mechanics of this game. Then theres Darthes OP fix. At the very least there should be a third party or something. With 12 hours nights I wouldnt find it all the surprising if the mafia/third party just missed their submit. Especially with the posting issues/inactivity some people are having.

Personally I want to look at the inactives and check them.

If we arnt going to lynch them, Id prefer not to lynch Turin. I dont see him as all the scummy myself. Ley and Yates Id be more agreeable with.

[v]##Vote Ley[/v]

Len comes in to follow onto Ley - because he's rather not Lynch Turin. Seriously - a position 2 consolidation vote. Almost like he knows what's coming next ...

i'm having some connection issues to DM. Either that or my pc is acting up. Anyways. Critics on me noted Ithi, and i will even agree with you. I'm having some problems trying to stay in the game, perhaps it's a bit too fast paced for my liking. Honestly, i don't know wether Darthe would put subtleties in titles or not. But this is BT, so i'm not ruling it out. What it could mean, however, i have not figured out yet (if it's anything but flavor). From the players present, i wouldn't lynch Turin, Ithi, Dice, Tina, Kivam. All the others are legit targets to lynch or perform NA's on. It's nearly N2, and we need to find some wolves, fast.

Thane talks complete arse about the game being too fast. Seriously - we're on day 2 and it's only 22 pages. Grow a pair please.. Thane gives me his Towny stamp of approval and lists who we shouldn't lynch.

Seeing it's a draw between Dice and Ley for the moment, and i'd like to keep dice in the game (because i think he's town) i will [v]Leyrann[/v]

Then comes in to seal the deal on Ley.

Based on my bad feeling about all of that I'm going to [v]## Thane again[/v]

But I'd like Leyrann to explain how he knows what everyone's PMs say.

I forgot about this game.

CLIFFs?

EP was the day 1 lynch.

I'm a CPR doc, targeted WoT (competing train) last night.

WoT was the only death (no mafia kill), and flipped as a Babysitter (also a doc with a kill ability). Hence my "no mafia" suspicions, particularly given the hints in the opening scene and lack of win condition in town PMs.

This is what kivam said about win cons. He specifically says pm's.

[unvote]

i've looked through the opening post, and i can't find anything about win conditions indeed...

Now, just so i understand hings right: Should we achieve a no lynch by voting 'no lynch', will the wolves get a double kill or not?

This is what Thane says. He only mentioned the OP from Darthe. Fishy.

[V] ## Thane [/v]

CLIFFs?

EP was the day 1 lynch.

WoT was the only death (no mafia kill), and flipped as a Babysitter (also a doc with a kill ability). Hence my "no mafia" suspicions, particularly given the hints in the opening scene and lack of win condition in town PMs.

[unvote]

Kivam and Leyrann both knew about other people's PMs.

I have to confess - I only looked properly at mine when all this popped up and I was like hang on a minute, that can't be right. But it was and I don't know how he knew. Or indeed how they knew. Have I missed a whole conversation somewhere?

CLIFFs?

EP was the day 1 lynch.

[unvote]

Kivam and Leyrann both knew about other people's PMs?

I have to confess - I only looked properly at mine when all this popped up and I was like hang on a minute, that can't be right. But it was and I don't know how he knew. Or indeed how they knew. Have I missed a whole conversation somewhere?

EWBOPPITY BOP THINGY

I assumed that my pm was typical, since that's usually how pms go. And iirc (impossible to check on the phone), there was a sample vanilla town pm in the opening post

Go to the address in your mobile phone bar - then delete the page number at the end of the address and replace it with 1.

Here come's yates to defend. Just thought I'd mention it.

This reads to me as Thane angle shooting. He was VT in Marlfox when he did the same thing.

1. You'll notice I defended Thane in Marlfox - IN THE POST I LINKED. I was a Town Tracker that game, fwiw.

2. Thane gets mislynched a lot for bogus reasons.

3. Your reasons are bogus.

If you want to think Thane is scummy, that's fine by me. Just find him scummy for doing scummy things. Angle shooting is NOT a scum tell for Thane.

What's angle shooting?

I'm more than a bit wary of Kivam at this point, as the no lynch play is something I think would make a lot of sense as mafia (target the person that makes the least sense to kill as mafia, then claim Town vig of some sort and make an argument that this is a no mafia game and we should vote no lynch. Then mafia can grab a free kill and reduce the amount of time Town has left. Good potential payoff, little risk).  
Keeping an eye on him.  

[v] ## Unvote [/v]
[v] ## Vote Thane [/v]

(If you want a reason, I'm just going to point to Ithi's post. It's a very strong and reasonably backed accusation; I have nothing else to add, so I won't try) 

Archived