DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cleanse the Tower - Black Tower Mafia Day 2

Darthe

The Wheel of Time turns and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend becomes myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.  In one age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the mountains of Shayul Ghul.  The wind was not the beginning.  There are no beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time.  But it was a beginning.

South the wend blew, over scores of Trollocs and fearsome beasts.  It crossed a miasma of disease bludgeoning life into submission so that even the plants looked sickly and withered.  The wind blew downwards, picking up the sickly-sweet stench of death and carrying it onward past the fortresses of Arafel and over stretched out plains of wilderness before reaching Tar Valon.  There, the White Tower rose up as if to slice the wind in two and slay it, but the wind slid harmlessly by.  South it traveled, swirling as it reached Dragonmount, it's boiling peak reaching above the clouds, and there, at the base of the mountain, the wind gently blew across the bow of Rand Al'Thor, with his arm behind his back, engaged with none other than Lews Therin Telaman, the Kinslayer himself.

"Kill them all!  Kill them! Kill them now! Kill them before it is too late!" The madman's ravings had been set off again by the Asha'man.  Rand had come to accept his own madness, embrace it even, and so Lews Therin had been around much more often.  Still, this particular advice did him no favor.

"Death will not win me the Last Battle.  You well know this.  I need them.  I cannot deny that this will be more difficult now but that will be our burden to bare."  Lews looked up as Rand spoke.  Since Rand had come to accept him it seemed that Lews Therin more easily acknowledged the world around him now.

"Need them, yes.  Training your own enemies though, is bad path to travel on if you desire success." Lews tutted his tongue as he said this, a new gesture for him.  It seemed that at times the man was completely sane.  How had Rand ever truly thought otherwise?  

He was right, of course.  When Logain brought the news that some were being turned inside his own camp Rand immediately had thought to destroy them all as well.  Logain was livid when Rand instead sent him away.  He didn't know that Lews Therin had nearly snatched the One Power away from him in that moment, didn't know how possible it was that Rand would end up killing everyone, good or evil, or that Rand was already so close to letting everything slip through his fingers.  Maybe Rand was mad already, had already done these things and didn't know it himself, but he didn't think so.  

Better by far that the Tower tend to this on their own.

Welcome to the Black Tower, Mafia Game!  The taint is real.  It is slowly causing madness in a world that you are now apart of.  In this game there are a few mechanics that you need to be aware of.  

Mechanics:

1) This game has a set time limit.  That limit is 192 hours which starts counting down at the end of N0, which lasts 24 hours from my post starting it.  

2) Time runs down at night so night phases are only 12 hours long.

3) During the night phase people vote (in one hour increments that are a minimum of twelve and maximum of seventy two) for how long they would like the next day phase to be.  Majority is not needed for this, the largest concentration of votes at the end of night will decide it.  In the event of a tie there will be a coin toss.  

4) If the game runs out of time play is halted and it switches to night phase, immediately pushing through whatever lynch is leading.  

5) There are two ways to get more time.  If a member of the mafia is killed then the town will get back the time allotted for that persons' lynch phase + 12 hours.  Alternately, should time run out the Mafia will select a player.  That player will be considered as an extra NK and town will get back 24 hours for every 50 posts that player has made, minimum of 24 hours for a player with less than 24 hours.  The mafia also has to NK a member with less posts than the person they pick for that evening.

6) Should time run out and there not be an additional player to sacrifice before reaching parity etc. Mafia wins.  

Rules:

1) Do not communicate with others about this game outside of any channel I set up for this game.

2) Kindly do not edit

3) Lynches are on a hybrid hammer system

4) Claims are allowed

5) Please adhere to both MAMA and the DM Mafia COC

6) Vote by using vote tags [ v ] [ / v ] and adding ## in front of the name so that I can easily find it please.  If you do not do so I will try to count your vote but if I miss it it will not be counted due to not following the proper format.

7) My word is final but I'll try not to be a jerk about it.  If you have a problem come to me about it instead of disrupting the flow of the game.  We will talk about it and I'll be as fair as I can but please respect my decisions.

8) If you are not active there is no penalty save that I'll be actively attempting to replace you if you ever have below an acceptable threshold of posts (say 1% of the game on D4 or 10 posts less than someone who died D1 when it's D3 etc)

9) I'm subject to add a few things and change a few things because this setup is adventurous.  I won't be making changes to personal roles or players at all and any time that I do make a change I will inform you of it and (as best I can) inform you of the reason for it.  I doubt that this will ever come into effect but I want to keep boundaries for myself in my rules.

10) Don't try to game the system please.  

11) The highest poster of the day is responsible for a vote count every two pages while they are online.  I will PM you if you're up.  

12) Aren'tcha kinda rhymes with Orange.  It's a Southernism, sure, but we can make words rhyme when we want them to.

13) Posting links to things that say or do stuff not allowed in the CoC violates the COC if you embed them but I've often found that you can get away with more if you just link them and spoiler that it's NSFW etc.  I'm not saying do that but since TurIthi aren't mods anymore I don't know if this place has rules?  

14) G . F . Y

Sample Vanilla role PM:

Darthe you are Rand Al'Thor, Town vanilla.  Your only powers are a vote and a good nights rest.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starring:

1 Eternal Phoenix - Norley, Vanilla Town Lynched Day One
2 Tina
3 RTE
4 Dice
5 Thane - Algarin Pendaloan, Vanilla Town Lynched Day Two
6 Len
7 Turin
8 Ithi - Trost, Vanilla Town Killed Night Two
9 Tommy (reserve)
10 Laya
11 WOT - Antail, Town Babysitter Killed Night One
12 Ley
13 Kivam
14 Locke
15 AJ
16 Yates

ALL ROLE PM'S HAVE BEEN SENT OUT.  IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE PLEASE CONTACT ME.  PLEASE LOOK UP YOUR CHARACTER/ROLE TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS SPELLED CORRECTLY AND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR ROLE.

N0 is only for check-in and voting on phase length so please do not submit night actions.

Day 0 Begins Monday at 1200  EST.

For day 1?  [v]##6 hours[/v].  In a game with a clock, I'd rather compress D1's sillyness and save time for scumhunting on later days.

I actually like this, D1 is really stupid sometimes. Id save give it more

[v]12 hours[v] though cause I dont want us to have to rush toooo much.

3) During the night phase people vote (in one hour increments that are a minimum of twelve and maximum of seventy two) for how long they would like the next day phase to be.  Majority is not needed for this, the largest concentration of votes at the end of night will decide it.  In the event of a tie there will be a coin toss.

Just a reminder.

So we´ve got 8 days, starting from D1. I agree with Turin that we could need some time so that everyone have the possibility to contribute. Pral is in India and Turin is in Calefornia (right?) There are a lot of time zones in between. 

[v] ## 24 hours [/v]

Archived