DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cleanse the Tower - Black Tower Mafia Day 2

Darthe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be able to submit an action N3 since it will fall wholly within the Sabbath and there's no way I'm submitting a kill/protect in advance.

Yeah. We may want to do a 26 hour Day 3 then a 48 hour day 4 - since that would put Day 4 into Monday morning.

[v]##26 hours[/v]

I think a short Day 3 is fatal for the town in this situation.  Would rather have the extra time for town to assess conduct today and tomorrow, as I've been saying all game.

Hey Darthe, any chance of suspending the clock for religious observance?

UnOfficial Vote Count 1:

Yates (1/9): Kivam

Kivam (1/9): Ley

WoT (2/9): Ithi, Phoenix

Pheonix (1/9): Tina

Not Voting (11/16):

RTE, Dice, Thane, Len, Turin, Tommy, Laya, WoT, Locke, AJ, Yates

UnOfficial Vote Count 2:

Turin (1/9): Kivam

Not Voting (11/16):

VOTE COUNT:

Yates - 1 - Kivam

Turin Turambar- 1 - Leyrann

Wheeloftime - 2 - Eternal Phoenix, Ithillian

Eternal Phoenix - 1 - TinaHel

Not voting: 11 ( RTE, Dice, Thane, Lenlo, Turin Turanbar, Tommy, Laya, Wheeloftime, Locke, AJ, Yates)

Day phase ends at 12:15 PM Eastern time on 12/9.  With 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.

UnOfficial Vote Count 2:

Pheonix (2/9): Tina, Turin

Not Voting (10/16):

RTE, Dice, Thane, Len, Tommy, Laya, WoT, Locke, AJ, Yates

I don't like the votes on WoT at all and I'm beginning to see patterns emerging.

[v]unvote. ##Phoenix[/v]

UnOfficial Vote Count 3:

WoT (3/9): I Phoenix, Lenlo, Locke

Pheonix (5/9): Tina, Turin, Dice, thi, Kivam

Not Voting (10/16):

RTE, Thane,  Tommy, Laya, WoT,  AJ, Yates

UnOfficial Vote Count 3:

WoT (3/9): Phoenix, Lenlo, Locke

Pheonix (4/9): Turin, Dice, Ithi, Kivam

Dice (1/9): Tina

Not Voting (7/16):

UnOfficial Vote Count 4:

Pheonix (5/9): Turin, Dice, Ithi, Kivam, Thane

Pral (1/9): Yates.

Not Voting (5/16):

RTE,  Tommy, Laya, WoT,  AJ

UnOfficial Vote Count 5:

Pheonix (6/9): Turin, Dice, Ithi, Kivam, Thane, Time

Turin (1/9): Yates.

Not Voting (5/16):

RTE,  Tommy, Laya,  AJ

VOTE COUNT:

Kivam  - 1 - Leyrann

Turin Turambar- 1 - Yates

Wheeloftime - 3 - Eternal Phoenix, Lenlo, Locke

Eternal Phoenix - 6 - Turin Turanbar, Dicetosser, Ithillian, Kivam, Thane, wheeloftime

Dicetosser - 1 - TinaHel

Not voting: 4 (RTE,  Tommy, Laya, AJ)

Day phase is over.  Eternal Phoenix has been lynched.  He was - 

Norley - Vanilla Town

It is now Night One.  Night One will last 12 hours.  You may begin voting for your desired Day Length for D2.  

All the D1 vote counts, gathered for analysis

[v] ## 48 hours [/v] incase it still matters.

For everyone wanting to lynch me over the word "our", I used it because Kiv did (or I thought he did), and because I thought it was an established thought as me, Kivam and the sample PM in the OP all shared it.

@Yates: You said I "was still pushing the no lynch", but actually, I wasn't. I was sleeping. And if I hadn't been, I would have dropped it with Darthe's post about it, as that countered the main argument for it.

Currently most suspicious of Yates, unsure about Kivam, Dice, Ithi and Turin (those two appear to play well but I know them well enough they'd not give themselves away as easily as s mafia), getting a townie feel from Locke and off the top of my head I can't quite form an opinion about the others.

UnOfficial Vote Count 1:

Yates (1/9): Kivam

Not Voting (11/16):

The four struck out either forgot the game, didn't get their role PM, or just generally disappeared (RTE).  Contrary to what some were saying earlier about townies being more likely to slack, I don't think we can draw any conclusions about their alignment from lack of participation; even if you subscribe to that theory, it only applies to people who know about the game.

UnOfficial Vote Count 2:

Not Voting (11/16):

Only change from the prior vote count (3 minutes earlier) is my move to Turin.

VOTE COUNT:

Yates - 1 - Kivam

Turin Turambar- 1 - Leyrann

Wheeloftime - 2 - Eternal Phoenix, Ithillian

Eternal Phoenix - 1 - TinaHel

Not voting: 11 ( RTE, Dice, Thane, Lenlo, Turin Turanbar, Tommy, Laya, Wheeloftime, Locke, AJ, Yates)

Day phase ends at 12:15 PM Eastern time on 12/9.  With 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.

And this is still the same count

UnOfficial Vote Count 2:

Pheonix (2/9): Tina, Turin

Not Voting (10/16):

RTE, Dice, Thane, Len, Tommy, Laya, WoT, Locke, AJ, Yates

Turin comes in, votes Phoenix, puts him up with WoT as leading contender.  Can't read too much into that given WoT was town and voting any player at that point would have a similar effect.  Only real note here is that he did not vote WoT, which would have put her as an early favorite to be lynched on a short day.  Town tell?

I don't like the votes on WoT at all and I'm beginning to see patterns emerging.

[v]unvote. ##Phoenix[/v]

UnOfficial Vote Count 3:

WoT (3/9): I Phoenix, Lenlo, Locke

Pheonix (5/9): Tina, Turin, Dice, thi, Kivam

Not Voting (10/16):

In the interim here, Lenlo, and Locke vote WoT in rapid succession, while Dice votes Pheonix - making the count WoT 4, Pheonix 3.  Then Ithi shifts from WoT to Phoenix.  I follow, to complete this count.

Note - that move by Ithi is what I was referring to as a town tell with no mafia motivation.  She just shifted the vote count from WoT 4, Phoenix 3 to Phoenix 4, WoT 3.  Other than as a calculated move hoping someone will pick up on it and townread her for it, there is literally no edge for scum in making that shift.  It doesn't take her off a lynch train, doesn't fuel a townie lynch (since all it did was shift which townie was in the lead at an identical count, not change the count at all) and it doesn't protect a teammate (since WoT was a townie too). 

Bottom line, it will take a lot to get me voting Ithi this game, since I don't think it was a calculated move to trigger this reaction.

Another note: had Phoenix been scum, I'd have been looking hard at Lenlo and Locke.  Those votes are nowhere near as suspicious now, though.

UnOfficial Vote Count 3:

Pheonix (4/9): Turin, Dice, Ithi, Kivam

Not Voting (7/16):

Tina shifts from Phoenix to Dice.  This move raises alarm bells for me; with three hours left to deadline, there was no reasonable possibility of a Dice lynch there and WoT and Phoenix are essentially locked in as the only possibilities.  Could be scum moving to get off a townie lynch, potentially with an added side of distancing.  Very willing to vote here when day opens

UnOfficial Vote Count 4:

Pheonix (5/9): Turin, Dice, Ithi, Kivam, Thane

Pral (1/9): Yates.

Not Voting (5/16):

RTE,  Tommy, Laya, WoT,  AJ

Yates comes in, does the same thing.  This has been discussed.  Yates says it's not a throwaway vote because he'll be on at deadline, and he gives some decent reasoning ... but all he does at deadline is shift to Turin, as we see in the final vote count below:

UnOfficial Vote Count 5:

Pheonix (6/9): Turin, Dice, Ithi, Kivam, Thane, Time

Turin (1/9): Yates.

Not Voting (5/16):

RTE,  Tommy, Laya,  AJ

VOTE COUNT:

Kivam  - 1 - Leyrann

Turin Turambar- 1 - Yates

Wheeloftime - 3 - Eternal Phoenix, Lenlo, Locke

Eternal Phoenix - 6 - Turin Turanbar, Dicetosser, Ithillian, Kivam, Thane, wheeloftime

Dicetosser - 1 - TinaHel

Not voting: 4 (RTE,  Tommy, Laya, AJ)

Day phase is over.  Eternal Phoenix has been lynched.  He was - 

Norley - Vanilla Town

It is now Night One.  Night One will last 12 hours.  You may begin voting for your desired Day Length for D2.  

Bottom line: I'm looking hard at Yates and Tina today, mostly Tina.

I think a short Day 3 is fatal for the town in this situation.  Would rather have the extra time for town to assess conduct today and tomorrow, as I've been saying all game.

Yeah but weekend time =/= weekday time. You've played enough here to know that. I'll be playing with myself over the weekend. [ :dry: ]

Yeah but weekend time =/= weekday time. You've played enough here to know that. I'll be playing with myself over the weekend. [ :dry: ]

Eww.  Did not need to know that.  Whatever floats your boat, but I'm sure other people will check the thread even if you'll be otherwise occupied.

#deliberatelymisinterpretingisfun

@Yates: You said I "was still pushing the no lynch", but actually, I wasn't. I was sleeping. And if I hadn't been, I would have dropped it with Darthe's post about it, as that countered the main argument for it.

We don't lose anything from a no-lynch.

Oye, apparently I forgot to post this in the OP.

Town win con: Eliminate all members not of your alignment from the game.

You're right. Redacted.

Yates, since we seem to be the only ones here and you've been looking at Ithi pretty suspiciously, IIRC, any thoughts on my analysis?

Seems reasonable.

I think your point on Tina is likely more valid than your point on myself, fwiw. While Tina moved from the lynch wagon to another wagon [thus possibility of not wanting to be scum on a Town flip] both of my votes were clearly pressure votes and neither were on lead wagons. So you can't really equate our actions the way you did. If you want to be suspicious of my voting pattern it shouldn't be for moving my vote around, it should be for avoiding lead wagons - both of which actually were on Town. My only defense, in that case, would be my stated reason for not wanting to be on either wagon.

Hey Darthe, any chance of suspending the clock for religious observance?

Jewish population is less than 2.5% of the US [i think I know all of you] and less than 0.2% globally.  Get on Islam's level, bro.

If all those Christians would read the bible seriously though, they'd all support the Jews because they're called Gods people basically every page. That's more people than Islam...

Yates, since we seem to be the only ones here and you've been looking at Ithi pretty suspiciously, IIRC, any thoughts on my analysis?

Seems reasonable.

I think your point on Tina is likely more valid than your point on myself, fwiw. While Tina moved from the lynch wagon to another wagon [thus possibility of not wanting to be scum on a Town flip] both of my votes were clearly pressure votes and neither were on lead wagons. So you can't really equate our actions the way you did. If you want to be suspicious of my voting pattern it shouldn't be for moving my vote around, it should be for avoiding lead wagons - both of which actually were on Town. My only defense, in that case, would be my stated reason for not wanting to be on either wagon.

Yes.  That's pretty much exactly what I said, and why I'm more interested in Tina than you come daybreak.

Seems reasonable.

He actually was suspicious of you not voting one of the leading wagons...

He actually was suspicious of you not voting one of the leading wagons...

I think Kivam would disagree. He said "Yates comes in, does the same thing." Implying that I did the same thing as Tina. My argument is that what I did actually isn't the same thing. And I *think* that's why he's more suspicious of Tina than myself.

Archived