DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wizarding World War 1 - Mafia Game - Day 2

Red2111

Now this leads me on to more interesting stuff I found.

This is my ISO on Rand 1.0

Rand. 58 posts.

Starts off with fluff. Makes a joke vote on Mynd even though it's technically N0. Then 20 minutes later he says he doesn't like a joke vote Tsuki put on Mynd. Ping.

Tsuki FOSed Rand for misinterpreting. Rand asks him if he honestly messed up the vote code on Mynd on purpose. Tsuki confirms he NEVER votes in the first 24 hours of a game. It's actually easy to check if this is true by taking a peek at some of his previous games (might do that later, actually), but Rand just says he finds it hard to believe. Then he adds two more points. He claims that his FOS on Tsuki's vote on Mynd was just to see his reaction. He also says it's N0 so votes don't mean anything. First of all, if someone was FOSing me for something they did 20 minutes earlier, you better believe I would have accused them of being fake and purposefully misinterpreting my actions. How exactly did he expect a townie to react? Roll over and die? lol   Secondly, I don't see how it matters what phase it is, if it was clearly a joke vote on both accounts. So this whole..... exchange....... is dense.

More fluff posts.

Then he casts a vote on Mynd, saying this time it's for real with a tongue in cheek smiley. No explanation as to why. Serious, joke vote... who knows?

More fluff posts mostly towards dice explaining the joke about voting Mynd because of a previous game. So I guess the above vote was a joke. Mkay. Keeps explaining how his vote on N0 wasn't counted as a vote so his REAL joke vote is on D1. Honestly? I don't get the point of this. If all he wanted was to vote Mynd in jest then why do it again? Who cares if it was a counted vote or not? He wanted to jerk around. He did. Move on man :P

Mish votes him and he explains again why he cast a joke vote on Mynd. In his exchange with Mish he says: " Its not like I could find another random person to joke vote that would make me look innocent either." Wat? lol   It's true that Rand has been starting off games voting Mynd lately. But I could totally see how him suddenly breaking away from that might look suspicious. Now lets stop and think about this..... who would be more nervous about that? TownRand or ScumRand? ;)

Dar kinda FOSes him as well and he's like, relax, this is just joke voting, we will all know when he starts voting for real.

Loads of fluff fluff fluff

And more fluff.

Then he tells me to stop trolling Dar. Wasn't, really. I was just making a point. D1 is like any other day where we scumhunt and hope to catch scum. It's definitely not a 'lets vote randomly' fest where we hope we get lucky. 

More fluff.

Then he says he has a Town lean on Key because she came straight into the game with her serious face on and that's indicative of a townie. First of all. he's wrong. Scum can easily appear serious to gain cred. Secondly..... I find the whole notion interesting. Rand, who has come into the game with his full fluff on claims that the townie thing to do is to cut the crap and scumhunt seriously right off the bat. Not saying I agree with him. This game is also built to have fun. But I find it funny that he chose to do anything but that when he entered the game. You can't have it both ways.... unless you're bi.

Then I question what he said about Key. He says: "Generically, mafia does joke around a little with the rest of town, and then hops onto something." Oh, you mean like you've been doing? LOL  Again, I really don't agree with this comment. Both town and mafia can jerk around before getting serious. But him making this statements of what is townie approach and then doing the opposite of it.... or what is a scummy approach and doing exactly the same........ is amusing!    Anyways, Tsuki accuses him of buddying up with Key.

Then he goes on with his exchange with Mish. Keeps excusing the fact that it's still joking phase and that there isn't a time stamp to when it stops. It simply happens when things get serious. Sweetie, I'm pretty sure things got serious by now xD  Considering you have at least four players riding your ass xD

And then there's this little gem:

The game should advance at its own pace, and its doing so right now.  The more we try to speed it up, the more that we usually grab onto a "scumtell" that's generally pretty small, the more likely town v town violence shows up, and we end up lynching a town.  Thats how most games start and they're still winnable, I would just prefer a calmer start, with gentle FoSes for small scum plays, wait for reactions/slight slips/impatience, and then get the game started on a better note.

LOL  So.... key gets cred for diving right in scumhunting full force but at the same time you're advocating not jumping into serious mode because the game has to flow at its own pace, progress harmonically throughout the universe as the birds chirp and the cows moo and once the planets align just right then we will have our moment!

Seriously, this post is garbage.

Then half an hour later he's like. Guys, wait up wait up. Is it me, or is Nyn having a dry quips spell? I think I like ScumNyn more. Great way of trying to get me react. You know, spit a few fireballs, burn a couple of virgins. Too bad it didn't work. He of course backtracks later on saying this was all a joke, but we'll get to that part later ;)  Good excuse that one. Every time someone bites his head off about something, he reverts back to his 'oh it was just a joke' excuse.

He responds to me saying he's waiting for 'SOMETHING' and once that something happens, he'll comment more. Okaaaaaaaaaay.

More fluff. Reiterating his garbage to Mish. More fluff. Loads of posts repeatedly starting with  Lol.

Then he's like. Oh wow, it's so weird reading Nynlia apart.  *rolls eyes*

fluff fluff fluff.

Then he seconds Rhea comment about me not answering with a quip to what Tsuki said. But didn't he say it was a joke earlier? 

Then he kinda half FOSes Rhea for making a sum up. He said she did put some opinions there. And yet he's still labeling her as a scum lean for it lol  Guys, if you ever wonder what would scum do, feel free to direct your questions to Rand. He seems to have it down.

Then he goes on with an exchange on Tsuki. Over-explaining and generally not letting it rest. This is where I felt like he was wigging a bit.

Notbob joins the 'we wanna lynch Rand' club and says it's hunch. Rand says that based on a previous games it's true that NB has good hunches but that this game he's wrong cause... well... Rand says so. lol

Then he suddenly says..... oh wow, I'm so not used to playing with people I don't know. And X's game was like really intense. I need a day or two to cool off. Funny that at this point he feels that it's overbearing to play with people he doesn't know. Didn't seem to bother him throughout N1 and half of D1.

Tsuki and Rand keep on arguing. Ran defends Key for defending him when Tsuki FOSes her for it xD

Then he FOSes Rhea when she votes Dar, saying she didn't give any reasons but at the same breath saying that the reasons people have voted Dar have been mentioned numerous times. It's possible she agreed with the case. But I feel that a better look at everyone who voted Dar after me was more legit than an opportunistic FOS on the fourth voter.

More defense of Key from Tsuki.

Dice votes Rand. He says: "Damn, he's gonna be going like this for days isn't he?  Another one of those, just agree with the consensus with a short explanation of what's obvious and push on a moving train.  FoS to both you and Rhea for this."   LOL  Then he FOSes Mynd too for voting him.

Unvote Daruya

Vote Rand

I believe we got ourselves a scum.

This is the ISO I did on Rand 2.0

Rand 2.0 ISO

Okay so. Rand2.0 comes back to sub in for Mish.

His first step is to analyze the Rand1.0 train. Says his train looks scummy and also that him not being asked to claim is scunny. I point out that the rules say that claiming is not allowed till day 3, we ask Red, she ends up editing out the rule since it wasn't updated properly.

Rand hazards a guess that there was at least one scum on his train. He refers to every vote on him.  He quotes Mish's vote feeling the need to point out that now he knows that the slot is town. He moves on to Tsuki saying he has no idea what he was saying but that he appears more like confused town and that Rand is moving on because he has bigger fish to fry. He quotes NB putting a vote on him for no reason and says he must have reasons, he just never shares them. He mentions that this looks REALLY good for NB and that if he were to actually say why he was voting Rand that's would make him suspicious (???). Then he busts Mynd's balls for placing a vote on him with no explanation (lol). Which is basically what NB did. But apparently when Mynd does it it's not okay. Points out that he doesn't like dice's vote, even though between Mynd, NB and dice, at least dice added a one liner about his concerns on Rand. Rand says he doesn't like dice using strong words like 'flailing.' Then he quotes my case and says that when he played with me in another game where I was scum I didn't go full casing mode so this speaks well for me.  His top scum reads sum up to Mynd and dice. I specifically pointed out that I did not like the free pass he gave NB. A vote with zero reasoning is a vote with zero reasoning. Considering Rand1.0 flipped town, no one gets a free pass based on meta alone in my book.

Moving on.

He agreed with Key that dice and Mynd look worse than me in regards to Rand1.0 train.

Rand soft defends me when Mynd casts a vote on me (in the middle of the night :P). Asks for Mynd's reasoning. Mynd says that it's because I overexplained and Rand agrees he has a point. Interesting that both of them are discussing a vote that is happening in a phase with no voting lol  But w/e. Pulling dumb moves in night phases seem to be Mynd's new pass time. Then NB points out that it's night and Rand lols and says omg that's true! hahaha. Personally, I'm not really buying that Rand or Mynd didn't realize it was night time. I could see scum pretending not to know to score some points and make people wonder. Seen stuff like this done before and I'm unimpressed by it. Null tell overall because there's no telling if it was real or fake.

Points out that Tsuki's post about being wrong on Rand 1.0 seems fake and says that he doesn't like it. At the same post he says another post of Tsuki looks good because he was confused why 6 people hammered the game vs the 7 that were needed for majority. Obviously Tsuki didn't bother reading the game rules.  Not really alignment indicative either way. Rand claims this looks good for Tsuki because if he were scum this is something he'd ask in the QT and not ask on thread. Again, I disagree. All these tactics of pretending not to know what phase it is, pretending not to know the rules, casing someone moments before they get shot at night..... they're all viable tactics that scum can employ to guide our thoughts in a specific directions so I take them with a grain of salt. Scum's objective is to fabricate confusion and cluelessness because they need to hide the fact that they're in the know. So the whole 'what would scum do' mantra is moot and I disregard it completely... especially when someone tries to use to to clear someone.

Posts some fluff joke posts.

Places a vote on Mynd, saying he's not acting like his usual self. He keeps defending NB based on nothing but meta. Defends against my point that he doesn't necessarily always reads NB well, by pointing out the Tron game (he dumps the blame on Darthe). NB places a vote on Rand 2.0 and this time Rand demands a reason, even though made a point earlier of saying that NB not giving reasons is perfectly normal and that him doing anything explicit would be suspicious.

FOSes Mynd's no lynch votes and argues with him that the jailkeeping is only a 1-shot.

He tells me that he generally can tell if NB has a good reason or no reason to do something and this time it feels like he has no reason for his vote on him, hence him asking NB to explain. I wish the rest of us were blessed with such an eternal understanding of NB's play as Rand is displaying in this game. He's taken it upon himself to say several times that he reads NB well. He argues that he always does. He gives him a free pass based on no actual reason and then takes it away when he's not a fan of where he placed his vote. All his reason sums up to is that he knows NB's soul lol  As romantic as that is, it also happens to be complete bull crap.

He asks NB to explain the vote on him again, since NB only responded to me and didn't bother answering Rand. Then NB precedes with his aunt sally reasoning of voting Rand to put his vote on a low hanging fruit because scum often use his vote as a springboard. Honestly I didn't really get it as a concept but I also don't understand why he decided that Rand was a low hanging fruit when he's been one of the more active players in the game. I wouldn't say Rand is h a lynch bait like, say Dawn was. So I don't get why he picked Rand when he could have placed a vote on an actual scum lean. He added how Rand is a good guy, reinforcing once again how he reads him well bla bla bla. Rand ends up giving him a town lean again because he knew he wouldn't vote him for no reason. Only... his reason isn't really a reason..... so this whole exchange is just thick. In any case Rand asks for clarification about NB's jailing that I provide later.

Rand questions Mynd's vote on Dawn and reasoning. He asks why would she pretend to have forgotten about the thread. This goes back to my point about tactics scum might employ to assert that someone is prolly a townie. It could mean something or it could mean nothing. It usually comes off as something to me when someone tries to use it to clear someone. That's usually when it really stands out. But using it as the sole reason to lynch someone is usually not a good idea so I rather label it as a null tell and move on unless you're really good at tone reading. But Dawn, specifically, always has an artificial tone so it's extra hard to tell in my experience.

In any case he says that Mynd's point about Dawn is null but still gives him props for being suspicious.

Assumes that I chose to jail NB because I don't know him and ergo think he's scummy. Bogus assumption and soft defending NB again. Just because I'm not familiar with someone's meta doesn't automatically mean I'll read them as scum. This over buddying and over confidence in NB is disconcerting. 

Rand says he thinks that the whole NB vs. me thing is prolly town on town action. He also says he likes Mynd's reveal and has a town lean on him. Which is a 180 from how he felt about him before. A bit questionable but eh.

Then Rand goes attack mode on Key who was basically echoing my own reasoning for voting NB. Which was basically that I thought that my jailing went through and that it might mean that I got lucky and blocked scum and that's why there was no kill. So Rand thinks it's BS when Key says it and calls her scummy for it, but when I say it I'm all townie and adorable? It doesn't make sense at all.

He unvotes and votes NB so he'll have enough votes to role claim.

He keeps trying to add credibility to NB's character and role claim even though it's rather null considering 1. scum is not likely to claim a scum oriented role and 2. Allowed character claims usually = provided false claims. So Rand is basically carrying on with buddying NB. NB ends up moving his vote to Dawn for self preservation. An actual low hanging fruit vote if you ask me :P  Anyways this is the part where Rand blows up in Key's face and votes her. Post for reference: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/90445-wizarding-world-war-1-mafia-game-day-2/page-30?do=findComment&comment=3307964

I find his accusations of Key pretty funny. Having extra knowledge of how a jailer would work on a scum team? when did she do that? I talked about it myself way before Key did and in my experience for the jailing to stop the scum's kill you'd have to jail the scummy that submitted the kill specifically. That's not having extra knowledge, that's experience from previous games. I voted NB thinking I possibly blocked scum and then unvoted later on and moved to Rand. Notice that most of the reasons Rand is attributing to voting Key at the time are things I've done myself. So why am I a townie lean and Key isn't?  I won't even get into the accusations of Em going after the high posters LOL  High posters doesn't equal town. Scum can talk a lot too so moot point. She's explained her reasoning behind her suspicions so it seems legit to me.

Later on he brought up mechanics of what happens if I jail someone that blocks me and so forth.

In a nutshell, Rand's constant blind defense of NB is grating. He keeps repeating how well he reads him, he gives him irrational passes and revokes them according to his whims. It stinks of scum setting things up to say "See, I told you so"  if NB gets lynched and flips town. Which leads me to the following. Key confirming that my jailing didn't get blocked tonight, the no kill and Rand constant fawning over NB leads me to believe that NB might be telling the truth after all so he went down in my scum lean list.... and Rand is now right at the top.

His blow up on Key is funny considering a big chunk of the reasons behind his vote on her are stuff that I've done myself so it makes zero sense that he would hold her accountable for them and clear me as a likely townie. His accusation of her trying to wipe out the active players on purpose is also amusing. And I get a general feel that he knows more than he's letting on.

We've managed to screw scum over two nights in a row. I think it's time to start lynching them too.

What I find interesting is that Rand 1.0 butted heads with Tsuki repeatedly. Furthermore he had a town lean on Key and stood up for her when Tsuki was having words with her.

Rand 2.0, on the other hand, decided that Key was scummy and placed a vote on her on D2. What changed? I already pointed out that his charge on Key seemed unwarranted. But the fact that his previous incarnation had a town lean on her that only strengthens my belief that he pulled his case on her out of his arse.

What also caught my attention was that since Rand came back to sub in for Mish the cat and dog jig with Tsuki vanished. There was close to zero interaction between the two since he subbed in. The only time he did mention Tsuki at all was when he made comment about him doing stuff that look good (Seeming confused about 6 people hammering) and stuff that look bad (voting for Rand 1.0) and basically staying on the fence in regards to him.

Something to think about.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also not loving the fact that Tsuki has not been posting. I've seen him viewing the thread a couple of times yesterday and I've prodded him to post his thoughts. So far nothing. Part of me wonders if he's waiting to see where the wind blows.

Lol Pral you said I my lynch was stalling, look at today.

Right now, Key being jailed seems good, but two things to look at first.

- Mafia knows that a jailer/RBer type role could be possible, so wouldnt they have their towniest person send in the kill? For whoever said the most common option is that if whoever gets the kill sent in can be blocked, that could be possible for Key. Not a case against her, but a possibility.

Bold – but you seemed so sure of my scumminess earlier in the game. In fact, you are voting for me, right now, so why wouldn’t you want to add this to your case?

@Key - I think that Nyn fibbed about using the jailkeeper on Bob N1 and that was a very big slip. She probably did use it last night but on a townie that she suspected as a PR of some kind. She couldn't jail me because that would out her completely.

Sure, townies lie, but I find it hard to understand why it would be pro-town to lie about using it N1, especially when NotBob could so easily refute it by posting. Unless she claimed to use it on NotBob expecting him to not post and he did without reading the mafia qt? Could that be a double mafia facepalm?

Aside from Nyn who reeks scum to me right now, my theory on why no night kills is due to those players who asked to be replaced. An inactive scum likely did not submit their night kill. It is possible that the three Aes Sedai who began the game claiming "Woe is me! I'm so in over my head with this fancy foolishness called mafia." are the mafia team. Or at least a dominant combination of the three.

Rand has been off his game though. Pral is spewing town in his most recent posts. Dawn's lack of activity also gives good reason for a failed NK.

I think we should get competing lynches between Nyn and Rand to see how everyone votes.

Mynd – To me, she is towntelling hardcore, so she either has me completely fooled (which I am not completely ruling out), or you are tunneling. Please explain to me in detail why you think Nyn is scum, to help me see your argument.

I don’t follow why you would choose to go after inactives rather than the set of people we still have playing.

There were only TWO players that asked to be replaced. I doubt there is a scum team of only 2, so what about that third person? Are you telling me that you believe the only “active” scum player would forget to put in their NK TWICE? That is ludicrous. Plus, Pral was one of those that was replaced, and even in your post you mention thinking he is town from his recent posts.

Could there be a scummy within those inactives? There could be. Maybe one who is staying low. I don't believe there would be more, if any. That's about it.

So what's your big plan? Lynch a person who has 8 posts in a 750 posts worth of game? Alright. If she flips town then what? Do we go on to the next inactive? What happens when they flip town too? do we go on to a third? Awesome. We could possibly be going into a cycle of like 2-3 consecutive mislynches, basically giving scum what they want. After all scum isn't going to shoot inactives at night when they form such a great WIFOM. They're gonna be damn sure to keep them around because they don't pose any threat.

I'm not negating the fact that a scum could be hiding within them. I'm just not willing to risk that amount of mislynches when I think there are more obvious scummies out there.

^ This.

In a nuttshell, I think it's my jailing that most likely stopped the scum's shot. Key was the obvious choice considering she's been towntelling more than anyone in the game, IMO. So they'd be in a hurry to get rid of her.

More me than you...but keep telling yourself it's you...rather endearing

What is more you than her?

O.o

Anything else to add?

Fine...let's do this...vote rand

Probably a game without mafia nghtkills

Hey, that was my idea. Other games are not allowed to have that same idea that close my game.

@Mynd, I am kinda busy right now as you can probably tell with my level of posting in my other mafia games /end talking about other mafia games.

I will try to reread soon, but I have some hw to catch upon, I have read up to this point, so since I am at L-2 I might as well reveal. Remus Lupin, Vanilla Town, no gifts or nothin so no PRs lost. I do hope you can wait until tonightish for my next longer post.

Ok, serious question, if there are no NKs, how does mafia win?

Rand, if you are still town, please explain your change in tone when you came back.

I jailed Key :-)

Didn't you have the Jailkeeper as a 1-shot gift from Mynd?

I used my trivia gift and the gift Mynd gave me.

Both were Jailkeeper gifts? A commuter with two targets and a jailkeeper does sound very strong indeed. Takes away 3 people. Might explain the no NKs. Either the JK/Commuter targets are scum or they were the NK targets. Considering we have AH, Hally, Key and NotBob in that list, I am assuming there is at least one scum in there.

Not to be nitpicky, especially since I think she is town, but Nyn should be added in there too.

Hally and AH, especially have very little content. I think it would be difficult to try and build anything against them atm. Probably sticking to analyzing me, NB, and Nyn would be best if you are going to go that route, though I’m not sure there is a scum in there, tbh.

I'm not that confident that there's scum there. Hallia seems so far townie oriented. Key is towntelling obnoxiously so lol No read on AH because she's been none existence in the game.

I don't know what to make of N1 having no kill. I do however feel rather confident that on N2 Key was the scum's target and that it was rather my jailing that stopped the kill than NB commuting with AH. It's disputable but that's how I feel. Which leads me to trust Key more. AH basically remains null.

I'm assuming scum has 3 members if we take into account the 1:4 ratio. We have an edge on scum right now because two of their kills didn't go through. I rather focus my scumhunting on players that look scummy and actually have content. And give time for Xthrax to find subs or make it clear to players that there's a minimum activity level that SHOULD be required in a mafia game and that it's unfair to put the rest of us in a situation where we can't scumhunt properly because players get away with not posting at all (Yes, Xthrax, I'm talking to you :tongue:).

I realize that we might have to rummage through the inactives at some point if this doesn't get resolved by the mods. But going for an inactive right now would be a long shot IMO. We can't possibly do it based on a well formed decision because there isn't much to go on. Plus a flip of an inactive gives us zero information in connection to other players because they haven't interacted with anyone.

^Also this. I feel very mindmeldy with you atm, Nyn. Except LOL obnoxiously. :tongue: to you.

I'm also not loving the fact that Tsuki has not been posting. I've seen him viewing the thread a couple of times yesterday and I've prodded him to post his thoughts. So far nothing. Part of me wonders if he's waiting to see where the wind blows.

He hasn’t posted much in Mynd’s game lately that I’ve seen either.

What do you mean seen him viewing the thread?

That last point could be likely. I think we should get Rand out of the way today, see his flip, and then we can think of the possibilities for tomorrow.

People have gotten mad at me in past games for bringing this up, but when I play in games I often look at "who is active" list in the main DM page. If you hover the mouse over their name it tells you what board they are viewing and at what time they were viewing it. Once you're 'inactive' for over 25 minutes (aka been on the same page without touching links) your name disappears from the list.

So, basically, I have seen Tsuki online and viewing the thread several times throughout yesterday. But he hasn't posted. I'd like to know why.

Didn't you have the Jailkeeper as a 1-shot gift from Mynd?

I used my trivia gift and the gift Mynd gave me.

Both were Jailkeeper gifts? A commuter with two targets and a jailkeeper does sound very strong indeed. Takes away 3 people. Might explain the no NKs. Either the JK/Commuter targets are scum or they were the NK targets. Considering we have AH, Hally, Key and NotBob in that list, I am assuming there is at least one scum in there.

Not to be nitpicky, especially since I think she is town, but Nyn should be added in there too.

Hally and AH, especially have very little content. I think it would be difficult to try and build anything against them atm. Probably sticking to analyzing me, NB, and Nyn would be best if you are going to go that route, though I’m not sure there is a scum in there, tbh.

That isn't a read list. That is the list of players who were either jailed or commuted - thereby not able send the NK or not able to die when the scum target them. Since there were no NKs, it could be very well possible that they NK the target who were either jailed or commuted both days. However, I believe it to be too much of a coincidence.

Nyn used the JK but she could have as well used NK if she was scum or could have been targetted by scum. 

Ok back for my reread, starting now.

Before I do start though, @Nyn and Key: Your points are pretty valid at this point, and I have been playing differently from Rand 1.0.  When I was playing Rand 1.0, I didn't have school, and I wasn't doing much.  Rand 2.0 just had a family reunion and school just started, and other stuff.  I'm trying to get back that playstyle as much as I can, hopefully I'll do that with the reread.

K a lot of this was going back and reading my own posts to remember my train of thought

I'd hazard a pretty good guess that there's at least one scum on Rand 1.0's train, so with that being said, time to do some analysis.

Personally, I think Rand is pushing his "I'm gonna vote Mynd for this old game" a bit too far now.

You know, like Mynd pushed the "Hydras are bad hurr" one game too many; the last game he was scum. Feels like forcing his meta for Rand now.

[v] Rand[/v]

First vote on Rand 1.0, now have the benefit of knowing this was town.

Tsuki keep in mind that some of my going out of the way to not be hostile to anyone might be my personality as well, I tend to do that in RL.

Justification of behaviour - check. Mention of it being an alignment tell - NOT check 

Defensive, Much. All I said was that it was noted, not that I thought you were scummy for it...

Defense of Behaviour noted - check. Mention of alignment tell - NOT check

Defensive, Much. All I said was that it was noted, not that I thought you were scummy for it...

Ik, I was just saying that its more of me as a person not alignment indicative.  How was that defensive?

Saying it was you as a person - Check. Saying it was Not Alignment Indicative - NOT check (see above). Defensive - Even more so.

Got one. If that was how you play, you would have just said so and let it go, especially since you ignored it when I originally posted it. But because I answered it to Key, you suddenly think people will pay attention to it? Worried that I pointed out the behaviour to someone else?

Scum =[v] Rand [/v]

Second vote, looking at it again, Tsuki looks more like a confused tunneling townie than anything else here, no idea what he was saying here.  Could be mafia with weak reasons, but for now, I have more obvious fish to catch.

...but for now...Unvote, Vote Rand

This is NotBob's style, throw out a vote, he has his reasons, won't say them.  Looks fairly good for him now.  If he had tried to put in reasons I would have been suspicious.

Also, the last pile up on my train is the most likely to hold scum.  So lets pretend for a second I had a dream.  It would have Mynd/Dice/Nyn in it.

I think Rand is scum so [unvote]

[v] Rand [/v]

Apparently this was't a beat the grass vote, so I'm kind of confused on why Mynd didn't offer an explanation.  Generally he gets a pretty good case with analysis going when he wants to vote someone, or he'll do something like this to beat the grass and watch the reaction.  Don't like this vote at all anymore.

I can see what people mean by Rand is flailing. His response dont work for me. they feel off.

Tsuki being aggressive/hostile is kinda normal to me. Gods know ive been on the other end of it. Once he grabs hold of something he doesnt really let it go. I can relate to that.

i still dont like the way Dawn sounds because its a BIG change but noone else seeing it so i will let it go for now.

unvote  vote Rand

Again, don't like this.  This vote was before Mynd, but the one sentence explanation with some hot words like flailing thrown in for a vote on me isn't enough.

Rand. 58 posts.

Starts off with fluff. Makes a joke vote on Mynd even though it's technically N0. Then 20 minutes later he says he doesn't like a joke vote Tsuki put on Mynd. Ping.

Tsuki FOSed Rand for misinterpreting. Rand asks him if he honestly messed up the vote code on Mynd on purpose. Tsuki confirms he NEVER votes in the first 24 hours of a game. It's actually easy to check if this is true by taking a peek at some of his previous games (might do that later, actually), but Rand just says he finds it hard to believe. Then he adds two more points. He claims that his FOS on Tsuki's vote on Mynd was just to see his reaction. He also says it's N0 so votes don't mean anything. First of all, if someone was FOSing me for something they did 20 minutes earlier, you better believe I would have accused them of being fake and purposefully misinterpreting my actions. How exactly did he expect a townie to react? Roll over and die? lol   Secondly, I don't see how it matters what phase it is, if it was clearly a joke vote on both accounts. So this whole..... exchange....... is dense.

More fluff posts.

Then he casts a vote on Mynd, saying this time it's for real with a tongue in cheek smiley. No explanation as to why. Serious, joke vote... who knows?

More fluff posts mostly towards dice explaining the joke about voting Mynd because of a previous game. So I guess the above vote was a joke. Mkay. Keeps explaining how his vote on N0 wasn't counted as a vote so his REAL joke vote is on D1. Honestly? I don't get the point of this. If all he wanted was to vote Mynd in jest then why do it again? Who cares if it was a counted vote or not? He wanted to jerk around. He did. Move on man :P

Mish votes him and he explains again why he cast a joke vote on Mynd. In his exchange with Mish he says: " Its not like I could find another random person to joke vote that would make me look innocent either." Wat? lol   It's true that Rand has been starting off games voting Mynd lately. But I could totally see how him suddenly breaking away from that might look suspicious. Now lets stop and think about this..... who would be more nervous about that? TownRand or ScumRand? ;)

Dar kinda FOSes him as well and he's like, relax, this is just joke voting, we will all know when he starts voting for real.

Loads of fluff fluff fluff

And more fluff.

Then he tells me to stop trolling Dar. Wasn't, really. I was just making a point. D1 is like any other day where we scumhunt and hope to catch scum. It's definitely not a 'lets vote randomly' fest where we hope we get lucky. 

More fluff.

Then he says he has a Town lean on Key because she came straight into the game with her serious face on and that's indicative of a townie. First of all. he's wrong. Scum can easily appear serious to gain cred. Secondly..... I find the whole notion interesting. Rand, who has come into the game with his full fluff on claims that the townie thing to do is to cut the crap and scumhunt seriously right off the bat. Not saying I agree with him. This game is also built to have fun. But I find it funny that he chose to do anything but that when he entered the game. You can't have it both ways.... unless you're bi.

Then I question what he said about Key. He says: "Generically, mafia does joke around a little with the rest of town, and then hops onto something." Oh, you mean like you've been doing? LOL  Again, I really don't agree with this comment. Both town and mafia can jerk around before getting serious. But him making this statements of what is townie approach and then doing the opposite of it.... or what is a scummy approach and doing exactly the same........ is amusing!    Anyways, Tsuki accuses him of buddying up with Key.

Then he goes on with his exchange with Mish. Keeps excusing the fact that it's still joking phase and that there isn't a time stamp to when it stops. It simply happens when things get serious. Sweetie, I'm pretty sure things got serious by now xD  Considering you have at least four players riding your ass xD

And then there's this little gem:

The game should advance at its own pace, and its doing so right now.  The more we try to speed it up, the more that we usually grab onto a "scumtell" that's generally pretty small, the more likely town v town violence shows up, and we end up lynching a town.  Thats how most games start and they're still winnable, I would just prefer a calmer start, with gentle FoSes for small scum plays, wait for reactions/slight slips/impatience, and then get the game started on a better note.

LOL  So.... key gets cred for diving right in scumhunting full force but at the same time you're advocating not jumping into serious mode because the game has to flow at its own pace, progress harmonically throughout the universe as the birds chirp and the cows moo and once the planets align just right then we will have our moment!

Seriously, this post is garbage.

Then half an hour later he's like. Guys, wait up wait up. Is it me, or is Nyn having a dry quips spell? I think I like ScumNyn more. Great way of trying to get me react. You know, spit a few fireballs, burn a couple of virgins. Too bad it didn't work. He of course backtracks later on saying this was all a joke, but we'll get to that part later ;)  Good excuse that one. Every time someone bites his head off about something, he reverts back to his 'oh it was just a joke' excuse.

He responds to me saying he's waiting for 'SOMETHING' and once that something happens, he'll comment more. Okaaaaaaaaaay.

More fluff. Reiterating his garbage to Mish. More fluff. Loads of posts repeatedly starting with  Lol.

Then he's like. Oh wow, it's so weird reading Nynlia apart.  *rolls eyes*

fluff fluff fluff.

Then he seconds Rhea comment about me not answering with a quip to what Tsuki said. But didn't he say it was a joke earlier? 

Then he kinda half FOSes Rhea for making a sum up. He said she did put some opinions there. And yet he's still labeling her as a scum lean for it lol  Guys, if you ever wonder what would scum do, feel free to direct your questions to Rand. He seems to have it down.

Then he goes on with an exchange on Tsuki. Over-explaining and generally not letting it rest. This is where I felt like he was wigging a bit.

Notbob joins the 'we wanna lynch Rand' club and says it's hunch. Rand says that based on a previous games it's true that NB has good hunches but that this game he's wrong cause... well... Rand says so. lol

Then he suddenly says..... oh wow, I'm so not used to playing with people I don't know. And X's game was like really intense. I need a day or two to cool off. Funny that at this point he feels that it's overbearing to play with people he doesn't know. Didn't seem to bother him throughout N1 and half of D1.

Tsuki and Rand keep on arguing. Ran defends Key for defending him when Tsuki FOSes her for it xD

Then he FOSes Rhea when she votes Dar, saying she didn't give any reasons but at the same breath saying that the reasons people have voted Dar have been mentioned numerous times. It's possible she agreed with the case. But I feel that a better look at everyone who voted Dar after me was more legit than an opportunistic FOS on the fourth voter.

More defense of Key from Tsuki.

Dice votes Rand. He says: "Damn, he's gonna be going like this for days isn't he?  Another one of those, just agree with the consensus with a short explanation of what's obvious and push on a moving train.  FoS to both you and Rhea for this."   LOL  Then he FOSes Mynd too for voting him.

Unvote Daruya

Vote Rand

I believe we got ourselves a scum.

Nyn goes full case, then votes me.  I don't think she ever went full case in her last game as scum, so this looks good so far.

So my highest scum reads would be Mynd, then Dice.

K agree with all my reads here except the one on Mynd.  So basically Dice is my biggest scum read from this post alone.

I HATE dice' and Mynd's votes, here, btw. Liked Nyn's case... and then the lynch happened :(

(I am sick of being wrong all the bloody time... Gonna start voting my towniest read from now on)

Don't like this post tbh, sounds like false frustration.

Really??

No one else questioned (or is now questioning) the 7 Votes needed, 6 votes made, Lynch??

But I like this post, because I think this is more of a question he would ask in a QT if he had one, not on the game thread.  So basically, Tsuki stop giving me conflicting reads.

Tsuki had a confusing game the whole time, to me that feels more like town that is scummy at times, now that I think about it.  I'll put Tsuki on the town list.

you are confident nyn?  allright lets see where this goes vote notbob

Piggy back and vote on the easy guy.  Don't like this either.

i went back to start of day looking at Rand.  I see what you mean with the notbob freepass thing but im not sure how relevant it is. People let wombat get away with it all the time for eg.

he does seem to be trying to not be offensive tho. i have noticed that

And fencesitting.

isnt the gift a one time shot? if thats so whats your point mynd?

All of Dice's posts were one-liners like this that never showed a strong position or scumhunted.  Don't like that at all.

Home and trying to catch up on everything.  

Notbob reads like flustered town.  Don't give up!  Gonna go in and reread.

Like this post.  Trying to get more people involved in scumhunting, town move.

Wonderful. Finally caught up. Nice little game, we have here. Quite a refreshing break from the 100 pages on Day 1 :D

Well, my reads then

1. Mish  Rand 2.0 - Had a back-and-forth with Rand and now Rand is playing her ! Her initial vote of Rand looked a bit forced, although she tries hard defending it. Interesting how Rand starts off Day 2 analyzing his train and starts off with "First vote on Rand 1.0, now have the benefit of knowing this was town". Looks like a subtle way of influencing the players into thinking he is town. Slight scum lean

2. Hally - Hardly posted Day 1 and never voted anyone. Agreed that she has been busy but I would expect her to at least come during the deadline to vote. Her posts sounded like she is trying to buddy Nyn hard. Here , here and here. Also, seems to think NotBob is town (which is strange because according to NotBob's post, either Nyn or Notbob is lying. How can both be town?). I see too much buddying. Leaning scum. 

3. Tsuki - So far has been his jokey self - lot of gifs and images. Liked some of his arguments with Key and Rand and is feeling town overall. Leaning town.

4. Dawn - Is much better here compared to her earlier games. Have seen her being defensive initially  when she is scum but the tone feels opposite here. Leaning town.

6. Rhea - Put a bit of an effort when she was playing. Replaced now. The catchup post was an example that she was putting an effort to read the game. Sounded townish because of that. A scum with a lot of work in RL would generally not put in that much effort. Leaning town.

7. AH - Has had 3 posts so far. Null.

8. Dar  Pral - Town :)

9. Em - Has been solid so far. Catching the right stuff - whether about Hallia or Rand 2.0 or others. Strong town feel here.

10. Not Bob - Interesting part here. While his posts have a good town, the jailkeeper situation puts one in a conundrum. Yeah, Nyn could have jailkept him and the doc could have protected the NK or something else. But, why would he say that he was sure that he wasn't jailkept? Either he is lying or Nyn is because I see no particular advantage in a town lying in either of the case. Between the two, I think it could be Nyn but want to hear from him what he meant. 

11. Mynd - Good posts. Active. Scumhunting hard. Leaning town. 

12. Nyn - See NotBob. Although had a town lean on her, I have a weird feeling that she could be trapping NotBob here. 

13. Dice - How did he not get voted Day 1? He has been following the consensus and FoS those people who are already getting heat. Whether it was on Dar (me), Rand here where he just piggy-backs on others' arguments. Or piggy-backing Rand's jokey assessment of Dawn . He is floating along with the consensus and that is scummy. Strong scum

Would want to vote Dice but the Notbob/Nyn controversy needs to be dealt with first.

Someone else who thought Dice was scummy, but we forgot about all of this stuff that he did with the Nyn/Mynd/NotBob conundrum, simply because they were active.

OK...here we go...I am Lily Potter...I am a commuter and last night I traveled with Hallia...I confirmed with Mod...I was not jailed last night.  The commuter role may cause some to caution and probably cause scum to stay on my train...but Lily Potter should convince most that I'm a town role.  

Unvote

Vote Dawn

Changing vote for self-preservation mainly.  

Decide my fate as you best see fit...reminder deadline  quickly approaching.

Looked up commuter, it doesn't say anything about targeting someone, can you explain what your role does?  but the version I looked up is supposed to be town-sided, so that's a good sign.

Glad I couldnt sleep to catch this.

You've been affirming that I didn't jail you since I revealed doing so, yet you claim you only got confirmation from the mod now. Heh. You also said earlier that your role couldnt be jailed. So which one is it?

With character reveals allowed im sure scum got false claims as per norm, so you claiming Lily Potter changes nothing in my eyes.

Do you even have a scum lean on Dawn? 

Havent seen anything that merits changing my vote. Gonna try to go back to sleep now. Laters.

I actually like the character claim seeing as James Potter was in here.

I'm assuming cause NotBob seems scummy to players who don't know him?  Nyn?

I think Nyn knows him pretty good.

My thought is that Nyn is scum and used the Jail on her scum teammate.

well Mynd... knows him pretty well

And while a possible gambit, I'm sensing town play from both of them.

But I do like your reveal, definitely makes me think you're town.

Unless there's a gambit where you gift a gift to your scummate who jails your other scummate.  /tinfoil :P

Bold - Okay, then explanation for no death overnight? Simplest answer points to NB being scum.

Umm.. no.  NB said he has a role that can't be jailed, and there could have easily been a doc protect, some sort of BPV, or something else like that in an advanced game.  This reeks hard of scum trying to get the easiest lynch.

Are you serious with that ^? You want to call me out over a post that I made ten hours BEFORE NB revealed that he had a role that couldn't be jailed?

I never said it was the only option, I said it was the SIMPLEST. Generally, in my experience, it's best to KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) in mafia. So, WOW overreaction.

OK...here we go...I am Lily Potter...I am a commuter and last night I traveled with Hallia...I confirmed with Mod...I was not jailed last night.  The commuter role may cause some to caution and probably cause scum to stay on my train...but Lily Potter should convince most that I'm a town role.  

Unvote

Vote Dawn

Changing vote for self-preservation mainly.  

Decide my fate as you best see fit...reminder deadline  quickly approaching.

I want to know what the mod(s) say(s) to Nyn's questions, but I'm okay with waiting and tabling you until tomorrow.

[unvote]

[v]Rand 2.0[/v] for your overreaction, difference in tone since 1.0, staunch opposition to even the possibility that NB might be scum - did you know something we didn't previous to his reveal?

Lulz, I had the overreaction?? I must have quoted your post, and not remembered where it was, and since I reply to all my quoted posts after catching up with the thread, I didn't remember when you had that statement stands.  And I stand by my statement that its' not the simplest.  Just because its the only cause you know about does not mean its the simplest.  There's a higher possibility of a doc somewhere that could ahve protected someone, a BPV of some sort, or a dozen other roles in an advanced game. 

Also, how would a jailer work on a scum team if they had multiple people?  If any one of them was jailed would it stop the kill?  Or only if that person submitted the kill?  Or would it not stop at all?  How do you presume to have this knowledge by stating that its most likely that NotBob is scum who's kill was blocked by being jailed?  Do you have too much information?

One of the reasons I asked the above question was to see if you would admit to your reasoning being faulty.  But seeing as you continue to stand by what you have said, I can only conclude that you have more information than town actually does, so slip right there.  And you talk about me having too much information.

And to answer your other concerns, my tone from 1.0 may have changed since I flounder around more in day 1 due to the overabundance of people and reads.  I still keep the same methods of scumhunting and logical analysis however, so I can make the best decisions from my perspective.

Also fyi, if NotBob hadn't given me a satisfactory answer to the jailing question he would have been my vote right away.  Seeing as he claimed a character I believe to be in this game as well as a role which is almost always town aligned according to mafiascum and also can avoid being targeted by any action during the night, I believe his claim of not being jailed.  The easiest explanation here is that Nyn tried to jail NotBob (since her gift was confirmed by Mynd, doubt 2 mafia would put themselves out there as a gambit) and NotBob's role as a commuter gave him the ability to escape that jailing.  Therefore 3 of the most active people are town, but because of their activity, everyone suspects them.

And finally on top of all of that, you've put yourself in the perfect position to take out every single active person here.  First me, then NotBob because you're tabling him tomorrow, then if he flips town (which I do think he will) you can go for Nyn and continue.

So for

1. Overreacting by pointing out my "overreaction" which was simply me forgetting when you had made a post.

2. Having extra knowledge of how a jailer would work on a scum team.

3. Trying to get behind a lynch by saying its the easiest explanation (falsely) and then backing off when he makes a legitimate role claim which other people back off on.

4. Setting yourself in a position to take out the most active townies.

[unvote]

[v] Em [/v]

Wow, I actually forgot why I did this post until now.  I was trying what Mynd did to TG in X's game, make a post that seems like a lot of info and see how someone reacts.  I did believe some of the stuff in this case, but I padded it to see how Em would react.

Lulz, I had the overreaction?? I must have quoted your post, and not remembered where it was, and since I reply to all my quoted posts after catching up with the thread, I didn't remember when you had that statement stands.  And I stand by my statement that its' not the simplest.  Just because its the only cause you know about does not mean its the simplest.  There's a higher possibility of a doc somewhere that could ahve protected someone, a BPV of some sort, or a dozen other roles in an advanced game. 

Also, how would a jailer work on a scum team if they had multiple people?  If any one of them was jailed would it stop the kill?  Or only if that person submitted the kill?  Or would it not stop at all?  How do you presume to have this knowledge by stating that its most likely that NotBob is scum who's kill was blocked by being jailed?  Do you have too much information?

One of the reasons I asked the above question was to see if you would admit to your reasoning being faulty.  But seeing as you continue to stand by what you have said, I can only conclude that you have more information than town actually does, so slip right there.  And you talk about me having too much information.

And to answer your other concerns, my tone from 1.0 may have changed since I flounder around more in day 1 due to the overabundance of people and reads.  I still keep the same methods of scumhunting and logical analysis however, so I can make the best decisions from my perspective.

Also fyi, if NotBob hadn't given me a satisfactory answer to the jailing question he would have been my vote right away.  Seeing as he claimed a character I believe to be in this game as well as a role which is almost always town aligned according to mafiascum and also can avoid being targeted by any action during the night, I believe his claim of not being jailed.  The easiest explanation here is that Nyn tried to jail NotBob (since her gift was confirmed by Mynd, doubt 2 mafia would put themselves out there as a gambit) and NotBob's role as a commuter gave him the ability to escape that jailing.  Therefore 3 of the most active people are town, but because of their activity, everyone suspects them.

And finally on top of all of that, you've put yourself in the perfect position to take out every single active person here.  First me, then NotBob because you're tabling him tomorrow, then if he flips town (which I do think he will) you can go for Nyn and continue.

So for

1. Overreacting by pointing out my "overreaction" which was simply me forgetting when you had made a post.

2. Having extra knowledge of how a jailer would work on a scum team.

3. Trying to get behind a lynch by saying its the easiest explanation (falsely) and then backing off when he makes a legitimate role claim which other people back off on.

4. Setting yourself in a position to take out the most active townies.

[unvote]

[v] Em [/v]

Not a fan of how defensive Rand is getting for the vote by Key. I thought Key made sense with her reasons for suspicion of Rand and then Rand goes onto obfuscate her reasons with convoluted explanations.

For example,

Green - Typically, in most games, the kill will be stopped when scum who sends in the NK is blocked or jailed etc. That is the simplest way to look at it. Instead, Rand is trying to twist it as saying that Key has too much information, when all she is doing is to assume the most probable case. If there is something out of the ordinary, that is when this logic is useful, not in this case. I don't like how he is stressing the fact that Key is working on additional information when she is not.

Blue - defensive again. Seems to be an overexplanation for a simple observation. 

Red - again trying to obfuscate the argument by saying that Key is targetting the "most active players", putting her reasoning in the backburner. Also, he says in the same post that he is not sure what the commuter does but also hints that NotBob gave a satisfactory answer. Kind of contradictory. Agreed his character may sound town but I don't see it as a definite proof since it is very easy to fake a character. If the game can be solved by character claims, then there is no point playing the game. 

Overall, Rand had been my scum lean and Key my town lean. This argument just reinforces that feeling. As I said, i don;t like how Rand is trying to twist the facts into voting Key.

[unvote] [v] Rand 2.0[/v]

Can also vote dice. Not liking the Dawn train right now. Seems too easy. 

Green was just me confused on how it worked for a sec.  Red is just him defending Key because she was a town read, felt like this post was made with a prejudice already in mind. Blue is just what I normally do.  Don't like the response to this case that much tbh, but could be mistaken town.  This did kinda start the thoughts of Rand 2.0 is probably scum though.

I don't like the Dawn train either. I don't think we've seen nearly enough out of her to to make that call and she's typically an easy mislynch.

Since I've yet to get an answer I will Unvote and Vote Rand. If I get a response from the mods that casts a negative light on Notbob, my vote goes right back to him on D3.

I think it's hilarious that Rand was trying to prove that he wasn't overreacting by overacting.  xD

I think Key has been making some fair points and that Rand's response was mostly composed of BS. He's accusing her of presenting a "bogus" scenario that I myself pointed out and that prompted my vote on Notbob to begin with. I also don't like how he's trying to insert credibility into Notbob's character and role claim. First of all, scum fake claim townie roles ALL THE TIME.... so just because a commuter is a town role doesn't mean that NB is being truthful. Secondly I give zero weight to character claims. As I said, scum most likely have solid fake claims if character claims are allowed. I very much doubt Red would create a game where character claims were a dead give away to a person's alignment. So yeah, I'm not buying that claiming Lily Potter should automatically mean that Notbob is town.

This is the post that reminded me that i was waiting for her reaction to the case btw.

To all,

My only suggestion at this point is to pause the game.  See zero need to continue with this level of activity. Had fun with Nyn as always.  To those of you signup for games and then not play.

Why?

I was in the active people a few days ago, but I feel like I'm one of the inactives now.  I'll start being more active, but even with that, not many people are playing this game.

So, my jailing N1 didn't go through. But I still think NB is full of it. I didn't like his general play before I came forward and I didn't like his reactions afterwards or his vote on Dawn. It was general knowledge that I got a gift by answering the trivia question so if the scum have a roleblocker/swaper or whatnot, I was the obvious target because they knew I was packing something. They also know I'm packing stuff now so we'll see what happens. But this prolly means that on N1 the doc made the right call, hence the no kill. So kudos on that. 

Bottom line is, unless Notbob starts to bring some actual scumhunting to the table, not changing my scum lean on him. And Rand is up there with him.

Rand 2.0 is who I am looking at tomorrow.

2 more days for night to end? People are going to lose interest, trust me :)

Agreed.

Agreed here, too.

@X - 2 hours? I suppose I could look it up, but I'm trying to be good and guess ;).

This is the first post after Key sees my post.  No reaction at all.  Scum avoidance.

Actually, while I'm at it. Lets look at all of FOSing and voting Mynd has done up until now.

I ignored all the seemingly joke FOS he did at the joke phase on D1 to NB, Dawn and Rhea.

Votes Mish. When asked why he answers 'Because'.

FOSes Daruya/Pral for her mentioning her unfamiliarity with the rest of the players and her general confusion.

More prodding of Daruya

More at Mish for lack of activity.

Says he would usually FOS NB for sheeping me, but nah, NB prolly just really likes me.

More Mish prodding

Says my defense of Mish is noted

Tells Mish she's flailing

Mentions that Dawn has grown has a player and that he doesn't think she's been coached. Says there's nothing in her OP that bothers him.

Reiterates that he thinks Mish is likely scum

Suggest lynching both me and Hallia after Rand comments that it's hard to read us apart.

States that he thinks Rand 1.0 is scum. Doesn't say why. Certainly hasn't mentioned him before. He puts his vote there.

Then he says he had a dream and one of three is scum: Hastur, Hodor, Hallia. So I guess he thinks Halli is scum?

Rand 1.0 gets lynched and flips town.

Suddenly unvotes Rand and says he's not scum, that I am. And then he votes me. Based on one post where he claims I overexplained. He also does this at the night phase AFTER Rand 1.0 already got lynched and flipped town. At this point Rand2.0 came into the picture subbing in for Mish. So basically once Rand 2.0 steps in, he goes a 180 on his opinion on Mish... for no apparent reason.

Keeps prodding me.

Tries to suggest that I have a double vote.

He says he has a good reason to think Rand 2.0 is town. Again, doesn't say why. He says he doesn't like my hammer on Rand 1.0. Maybe he found it unusual that I actually gave reasons for my vote on Rand as opposed to... well... him lol

When D2 starts he says we have to hear from me and Dar. Not sure why he picked us specifically. Then again, I'm more likely to have no idea what Mynd is talking about anyhow so it's not like it made much of a difference lol

He tried to hint that he gave me a gift. I totally missed it.

Then he changes his stance and wants to go with NO LYNCH to see what I'd do with the Jailkeeping gift he gave me.

Unvotes the No Lynch and votes Dawn because there's no way she just forgot about the game. It's as if she never ever went inactive in games before >.>

Questions why I chose to Jail NB. To which I answered.

Suggests that I know NB well (which I refuted). Says he thinks I'm scum and that NB is my scummate.

Proclaims to the thread that he gifted me.

Suggests that scum might be the inactive people that asked to be replaced, ie Daruya and Rhea.

Keeps suggesting that NB and me are scum.

A poem about me being scummy. PR for being naughty prolly. I had to do that when he was playing in my buffy game :P

Compliments Halli's scumhunting

Unvotes and votes Dawn, completely forgetting that his vote was already on Dawn.

Dawn flips town. First thing he has to say is that it looked like I knew it was going to be a mislynch.

Half reveals again who he gifted. Looks like it's dice.

Says that in his opinion I lied about jailing NB.

So. In short he is full attack mode on Mish but votes Rand 1.0, for no apparent reason, who flips town. Once Rand 2.0 comes in to sub for Mish he goes 180 on that slot and decides its town and votes me in the middle of N1. Goes into tinfoiling mode thinking that NB and me are scum buddies. But at the moment of truth on D2 he prefers to vote No Lynch. When that idea gets zero traction he places his vote on Dawn for her one post about forgetting about the game. Then when Halli shows with her case on Dawn and places a vote there he says the case was uber good, totally forgets that he was already voting for Dawn as is.... so he unvotes and votes her again. Dawn flips to wn. And since then he's been pretty much busy FOSing me and gifting people. Fun times.

All in all not a fan of what I'm seeing from Mynd right now. His votes both on Rand 1.0 and Dawn were flimsy. His 180 on Mish/Rand 2.0 slot is off. He didn't seem to go back to his suspicion on Dar ever since Pral took up that slot. He softhints more than once that the replaced inactives( ie Rhea and Dar) could be the scummies, but never tries to pressure them to find out. I don't like that there was 25+ pages of people's posts and despite of him harping about NB and me being scumbuddies he chooses to place his vote on a person with 11 posts in the game overall for one post that seemed off to him. I'm not seeing consistency or following through with his theories.

Definitely someone I'd be keeping an eye on.

While I agree that Mynd has been all ovee the place, and doesn't look good, do you think scum have gifts to give? Would a little uber powerful, imo. Unless, I guess, they had a restriction that they must gift to town. Idk.

Stil not even talking about my case.

Explains why I got no result then.

Why?

And I just remembered this is why I backed up on Key. Nvm.

So that leaves my only scum read left as [v] Dice [/v]

I can save you time. There isn't one. Because it's ridiculous and everyone knew it.

You "padded it" to see how I would react? Disregarding the fact that that's a very scummy thing to say, before that I was townie to you, then all of a sudden I was scummy because of what? A post that you quoted which was ten hours before NB's 'reveal'.

And to answer your other concerns, my tone from 1.0 may have changed since I flounder around more in day 1 due to the overabundance of people and reads. I still keep the same methods of scumhunting and logical analysis however, so I can make the best decisions from my perspective.

Before I do start though, @Nyn and Key: Your points are pretty valid at this point, and I have been playing differently from Rand 1.0. When I was playing Rand 1.0, I didn't have school, and I wasn't doing much. Rand 2.0 just had a family reunion and school just started, and other stuff. I'm trying to get back that playstyle as much as I can, hopefully I'll do that with the reread.

So which is it?

So, my jailing N1 didn't go through. But I still think NB is full of it. I didn't like his general play before I came forward and I didn't like his reactions afterwards or his vote on Dawn. It was general knowledge that I got a gift by answering the trivia question so if the scum have a roleblocker/swaper or whatnot, I was the obvious target because they knew I was packing something. They also know I'm packing stuff now so we'll see what happens. But this prolly means that on N1 the doc made the right call, hence the no kill. So kudos on that. 

Bottom line is, unless Notbob starts to bring some actual scumhunting to the table, not changing my scum lean on him. And Rand is up there with him.

Agreed.

Agreed here, too.

@X - 2 hours? I suppose I could look it up, but I'm trying to be good and guess ;).

This is the first post after Key sees my post.  No reaction at all.  Scum avoidance.

Actually, while I'm at it. Lets look at all of FOSing and voting Mynd has done up until now.

I ignored all the seemingly joke FOS he did at the joke phase on D1 to NB, Dawn and Rhea.

FOSes Daruya/Pral for her mentioning her unfamiliarity with the rest of the players and her general confusion.

More prodding of Daruya

Says he would usually FOS NB for sheeping me, but nah, NB prolly just really likes me.

More Mish prodding

Mentions that Dawn has grown has a player and that he doesn't think she's been coached. Says there's nothing in her OP that bothers him.

Suggest lynching both me and Hallia after Rand comments that it's hard to read us apart.

States that he thinks Rand 1.0 is scum. Doesn't say why. Certainly hasn't mentioned him before. He puts his vote there.

Then he says he had a dream and one of three is scum: Hastur, Hodor, Hallia. So I guess he thinks Halli is scum?

Suddenly unvotes Rand and says he's not scum, that I am. And then he votes me. Based on one post where he claims I overexplained. He also does this at the night phase AFTER Rand 1.0 already got lynched and flipped town. At this point Rand2.0 came into the picture subbing in for Mish. So basically once Rand 2.0 steps in, he goes a 180 on his opinion on Mish... for no apparent reason.

Keeps prodding me.

He says he has a good reason to think Rand 2.0 is town. Again, doesn't say why. He says he doesn't like my hammer on Rand 1.0. Maybe he found it unusual that I actually gave reasons for my vote on Rand as opposed to... well... him lol

When D2 starts he says we have to hear from me and Dar. Not sure why he picked us specifically. Then again, I'm more likely to have no idea what Mynd is talking about anyhow so it's not like it made much of a difference lol

Then he changes his stance and wants to go with NO LYNCH to see what I'd do with the Jailkeeping gift he gave me.

Unvotes the No Lynch and votes Dawn because there's no way she just forgot about the game. It's as if she never ever went inactive in games before >.>

Suggests that I know NB well (which I refuted). Says he thinks I'm scum and that NB is my scummate.

Suggests that scum might be the inactive people that asked to be replaced, ie Daruya and Rhea.

A poem about me being scummy. PR for being naughty prolly. I had to do that when he was playing in my buffy game :P

Unvotes and votes Dawn, completely forgetting that his vote was already on Dawn.

Dawn flips town. First thing he has to say is that it looked like I knew it was going to be a mislynch.

So. In short he is full attack mode on Mish but votes Rand 1.0, for no apparent reason, who flips town. Once Rand 2.0 comes in to sub for Mish he goes 180 on that slot and decides its town and votes me in the middle of N1. Goes into tinfoiling mode thinking that NB and me are scum buddies. But at the moment of truth on D2 he prefers to vote No Lynch. When that idea gets zero traction he places his vote on Dawn for her one post about forgetting about the game. Then when Halli shows with her case on Dawn and places a vote there he says the case was uber good, totally forgets that he was already voting for Dawn as is.... so he unvotes and votes her again. Dawn flips to wn. And since then he's been pretty much busy FOSing me and gifting people. Fun times.

All in all not a fan of what I'm seeing from Mynd right now. His votes both on Rand 1.0 and Dawn were flimsy. His 180 on Mish/Rand 2.0 slot is off. He didn't seem to go back to his suspicion on Dar ever since Pral took up that slot. He softhints more than once that the replaced inactives( ie Rhea and Dar) could be the scummies, but never tries to pressure them to find out. I don't like that there was 25+ pages of people's posts and despite of him harping about NB and me being scumbuddies he chooses to place his vote on a person with 11 posts in the game overall for one post that seemed off to him. I'm not seeing consistency or following through with his theories.

While I agree that Mynd has been all ovee the place, and doesn't look good, do you think scum have gifts to give? Would a little uber powerful, imo. Unless, I guess, they had a restriction that they must gift to town. Idk.

Why?

Bold - so what is the point of quoting what's above this line then? Why not just quote this part?

Agreed.

Agreed here, too.

More prodding of Daruya

More Mish prodding

Keeps prodding me.

Why?

Bold - so what is the point of quoting what's above this line then? Why not just quote this part?

To explain to you guys because you asked why I was going after you, and then why I switched.

Ok, normally I wouldn't suggest this as town, but I really think the main reason we haven't had a night kill is because the mafia have been inactive.  I think NotBob and Nyn's activity levels have been consistent, Key and Pral are picking up the slack and Rand just can't keep up but at least he's posting.

If Rhae has asked to be replaced and hasn't been by now, maybe we should just lynch her.  I wouldn't be suggesting this if there was a NK last night but my gut says inactivity from the mafia is the reason.

[unvote]

[v] Rhea or Rhae or whatever [/v]

Oh yeah and since we are all now regular mafia players....let's take the mittens off now, if you know what i mean.

So, you thought I was scum, but one line that I could have made up makes you change your mind?

For sure, dice is one to look at. IMO, tomorrow.

Lol if that one line is a cop claim and no one has cced, then yeah thats enough to change my mind.

Archived