DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wizarding World War 1 - Mafia Game - Day 2

Red2111

I jailed Key because I thought she'd be the likely target. I have a town lean on her.

We can pause the game after we lynch Rand. Inactivity aside I think his actions speak for themselves. It's not so much that his activity diminished. He can make excuses about RL events till doom's day. His approach to an impending lynch is completely different than Rand 1.0. Nothing is going to change my mind about him until I see his flip.

Scum will be taking advantage of the inactivity and inactives to get us to mislynch. Maybe one of the scummies is an inactive but there's no way all three are. Both statistically and because I simply don't believe it to be so. Anyone who is trying to direct us towards the notion that all three scummies are within the inactives  should be looked into.

To conclude, there is no way I'm going to put my vote on an inactive today.

Also, I'm really not liking Halli's vote on Key. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is my nature not to post when an activity level drops to 2 or 3 characters having a go at each other in a circle - there is no new info to be gained from it.

Plus, been pretty busy. As key(?) said, my posting in the other game dropped, as well.

Rand 2.0 is top of my scum list, followed by Nyn or NotBob, leaning NB. I can't see an entire scum team going silent.

Dice, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Secondly, you all do have a mod. Unfortunately, the mod is busy with classes to but will try to be on more. The last two days have been particularly hectic. And since Red has stopped modding due to IRL, I will have to manage. I have requested 3 people for sub's-one in case I'm refused. AH and Rhea has asked to be subbed.

Now for a VC

I woke up this morning realising that we should treat this game just like any other, regardless of activity.  Besides, if I am right about the scum team being mostly inactives, then we will likely avoid a kill tonight.  Today, we should go with the majority consensus.  Rand, I feel better about this than if you were higher on my townie list.  Id rather lynch you and either catch a scum or use your flip to tell me more about everyone. 

I still think we should look at Nyn; however, [unvote] 

[v] Rand [/v]

Im so sorry for both of your losses. :sad:

As for my lynch, I've already claimed, I've tried getting back on my feet to show you that my lapse in playstyle was simply due to activity.  If you look at the first post I quoted when I did my reread, that was after I'd been replaced, and that's more like what I usually do.  But the combination of low activity and not enough time for me didn't allow me to continue that style.

I've already voted my strongest lynch suspect, and even now I'm feeling a little iffy on it, but I don't have anything better at the moment, I'm trying my hardest to find scum and ignore the activity level tells.

@Key - You can't say who you are until D4?  Who are you....GALACTUS?!

*sorry, had to go there*

Hehe

ok so sorry guys  i got cloudflared last night and this morning i found out my grandfather died last night so im in a foul mood. trying to get out of it tho which mynd helped a little actually.

So Rand those "hotwords" i used?  did it cross ure mind i used them because i was quoting what others had said? the bit about i can see what they are saying should have been a give away.

@ Mynd  answer my question. How do you know nyn did not jail bob?

Nyn  i wanna make sure of this. you jailed Key because you thought she was town right? did the same apply to Bob?

She couldn't. It was a one shot power that I gave her N1.  She couldn't use it until N2.  Also, Bob posted when he shouldn't have been able to. 

Rand, I think at this point, the only lynch I would feel more comfortable on would be Nyn because she is a LLL.  Sure, townies lie sometimes, but there is no reason for Nyn to have lied about that, even getting a reaction.

We need a majority.  If we cannot CFD Nyn before deadline, you have to be the lynch.  It sucks especially since you are one of the more active players, but lynching someone who the consensus feels is scummy is a better town move than to lynch an inactive. 

It is my nature not to post when an activity level drops to 2 or 3 characters having a go at each other in a circle - there is no new info to be gained from it.

Plus, been pretty busy. As key(?) said, my posting in the other game dropped, as well.

Rand 2.0 is top of my scum list, followed by Nyn or NotBob, leaning NB. I can't see an entire scum team going silent.

So your reaction to semi-inactivity is to contribute to it?  Awesome.

If Rand is your top scum lean then why are you not voting for him?

He's been more active.  And I always have a hard time reading Mish as town.

So your only thought about him being scum was due to his inactivity and then Mish before that? What about the total switch in his playstayle from 1.0 to 2.0? What about his ridic case on me?

The no death thing makes me feel like we're getting extremely luck on our jails, or I don't know, some people are so nonexistant, is it possible the scum team is afk'ing?

technically possible considering the amount of silent people we have.

True. But if we are continuing this game, I do NOT feel comfortable voting an inactive over someone that looks scummy to me. No offense.

@Hally - you say you were initially distrustful of Rand 2.0. What changed?

While I agree with your premise, youre looking for scum among a group that probably has oh Id say 0 or 1 scum. The sheer probability is against you, and you'll find scummy people whether theyre there or not.

So for now, Id be up for pausing the game (with mod approval of course) until activity rises. This might just be in a day or something like that hopefully, hopefully not too long

No. If we have 7 or 11 players contributing, then it's probable, but highly unlikely that we have only 1 scum contributing. With jailkeeping and a supposed commuter, there are very likely reasons that we haven't had an NK other than just having inactive scum.

And even if it is the case that two of the inactives are scum, netting them gets us WAY less than getting the active scum. A) it tells us nothing about anyone that is active, B) if there only IS one active and we lynch that person, then hey, no NKs for realsies. So I don't find your argument logical.

As much as we like, I don't know that it'd happen.  I also saw AH posting elsewhere, mayhaps she's avoiding the thread?

So first you vote me and then you try to steer us toward inactives? Really not liking your posts from yesterday.

Why does this game smell bad?  

I am a town inventor.  I have one 1shot left to give.  Hally is the most town read I have.  Nyn is scum.  Rand is maybe scum.  Pral is slightly town.  I like Key's posts and confidence so she's with Pral. 

I'd hate to lynch an active player today.

Please see above for my arguments against going for an inactive.

@Key - You can't say who you are until D4?  Who are you....GALACTUS?!

*sorry, had to go there*

hahaha, nice. I said L-4 though :wink:.

We can pause the game after we lynch Rand. Inactivity aside I think his actions speak for themselves. It's not so much that his activity diminished. He can make excuses about RL events till doom's day. His approach to an impending lynch is completely different than Rand 1.0. Nothing is going to change my mind about him until I see his flip.

Scum will be taking advantage of the inactivity and inactives to get us to mislynch. Maybe one of the scummies is an inactive but there's no way all three are. Both statistically and because I simply don't believe it to be so. Anyone who is trying to direct us towards the notion that all three scummies are within the inactives  should be looked into.

To conclude, there is no way I'm going to put my vote on an inactive today.

Also, I'm really not liking Halli's vote on Key.

Hey, words that make sense!

Dice, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Secondly, you all do have a mod. Unfortunately, the mod is busy with classes to but will try to be on more. The last two days have been particularly hectic. And since Red has stopped modding due to IRL, I will have to manage. I have requested 3 people for sub's-one in case I'm refused. AH and Rhea has asked to be subbed.

Now for a VC

I don't think we (at least I didn't) meant to make you feel bad, X. However, it's hard to play the game when a third of the players are inactive, and the mod is absent too. We understand you are busy, but at least a check in to tell us why you aren't around would be helpful. Otherwise, it kinda feels like the game was abandoned.

Guys, the game is really lagging. So atleast one post per RL day. And if I'm not there, feel free to post an unofficial VC

This would probably work better in PM form to all the players that aren't posting enough. Highly likely that they aren't even checking the thread.

^Mindmelding again.

Oh my gosh, I just realized that I forgot to address both your losses.

Mynd & dice, I am so sorry to hear about your family members. Forgive me the quote, but I am a Librarian IRL and this was one of the first things I thought of:

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times.

But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

<3 My heart is with you and you families during this difficult time.

The no death thing makes me feel like we're getting extremely luck on our jails, or I don't know, some people are so nonexistant, is it possible the scum team is afk'ing?

technically possible considering the amount of silent people we have.

True. But if we are continuing this game, I do NOT feel comfortable voting an inactive over someone that looks scummy to me. No offense.

@Hally - you say you were initially distrustful of Rand 2.0. What changed?

While I agree with your premise, youre looking for scum among a group that probably has oh Id say 0 or 1 scum. The sheer probability is against you, and you'll find scummy people whether theyre there or not.

So for now, Id be up for pausing the game (with mod approval of course) until activity rises. This might just be in a day or something like that hopefully, hopefully not too long

No. If we have 7 or 11 players contributing, then it's probable, but highly unlikely that we have only 1 scum contributing. With jailkeeping and a supposed commuter, there are very likely reasons that we haven't had an NK other than just having inactive scum.

And even if it is the case that two of the inactives are scum, netting them gets us WAY less than getting the active scum. A) it tells us nothing about anyone that is active, B) if there only IS one active and we lynch that person, then hey, no NKs for realsies. So I don't find your argument logical.

Im not saying we have low scum because just the NK, I'm townreading most of the active people right now.

And I do agree that getting the active scum would be better.  Problem is that with these odds, its unlikely that will happen, I know its not going to happen with me, and with the reads I have right now, the probability that I'll get the right active scum is fairly low.

Tsuki, I'd like for you to post more as well, you can't just say that since everyone else is inactive you're going to as well, I do understand that you have been busy though.

Yup. I know, right?

Because we have time until the deadline.

Archived