DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Showdown: PART DEUX - GAME OVER, Town Wins

Darthe

Cloud, have you played Kingdom Hearts yet? If not I might have to dissolve our bond :laugh:

Sooo excited for HD remix 2.5 coming out later this year. And it's just two weeks until FFX HD. AAAH. *happy camper*

*doesn't say anything* >.>

No, but seriously I'm still stuck in the goddamn jungle level. I have no clue where I need to go and I even searched up a walkthrough for that area. Ugh. I expect to finish the game somewhere in the next 10 years :P Or in this summer vacation. I'm also very excited for FFX HD btw!

Oh. Kingdom hearts is a game then?

Thought that was a title Nolder came up with.

Do you live under a rock or something?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously Csarmi, just start googling the name of games to figure out if they're based on something or not. I'm willing to wager at least 90% of all games on DM are based on exiscting themes (books, movies, TV shows, games). Even this one is based on something.

wow

Csarmi is not american.

He's from the czech republic.

He doesn't do games and stuff and that's cool. I'm sure he know lots of things that other people don't know.

People are different. This is a good thing. Why does everyone act like he's failed to recognise the 2nd alleged coming instead of just not being interested in western popular entertainment.

Seriously.

Am I going to have to wade through a game of petty comments and incredulousness?

It's not that you don't know what Kingdom Hearts is even though Nolder posted a ton of cinematics in his mafia game, but you never know what the theme of a game is about! :) Like Mish said it's not that difficult to just Google a name.

It's not that you don't know what Kingdom Hearts is even though Nolder posted a ton of cinematics in his mafia game, but you never know what the theme of a game is about! :) Like Mish said it's not that difficult to just Google a name.

I didn't have a reason to google it.

It all just used to be a massive red area on the map when I was growing up.

And I've never been very good at geography.

And I don't have a sensse or direction.

I once had to remember a li-lo that was for sale on a shop to stop me from turning the wrong way the the beach every morning.

I didn't have a reason to google it.

There's ALWAYS reason to google a theme you don't know to gain knowledge of potential stuff to worry about (like whether a cult or conversion element would be likely, multiple mafia teams, maybe certain game mechanics that might be likely, etc.). That's why it's kinda silly when, like Wombat pointed out, you'll say early in games that you asked the mod and they said theme knowledge wasn't necessary, but later on are asking everyone about theme stuff and acting lost about mechanics. It's like, even if theme knowledge isn't necessary per se, it's still a good idea to at least look up something's wiki.

Also, lots of spam. Will be kinda blech for rereads tbh. I know it's a BT game... but you think mebbe we can curb it just slightly? We still have another day till Darthe configures the setup, I don't want there to be 30 pages of fluff on N0 to worry about potentially missing a clue somewhere on rereads and replacements catching up (cause there's almost 100% we'll end up seeing at least one, even tho it IS a Darthe game).

That being said, I have actually drifted off a good bit from looking into theme and flavor stuff too much and focusing more on gameplay, and I think it has made me a better player.

Yup. And that's what I'm trying to do as well.

And yea, usually I'm in no way interested in the themes, that's just some additional fluff for me that doesn't bother me... too much.

That being said, I have actually drifted off a good bit from looking into theme and flavor stuff too much and focusing more on gameplay, and I think it has made me a better player.

And yea, usually I'm in no way interested in the themes, that's just some additional fluff for me that doesn't bother me... too much.

In other words - I absolutely loathe basic gameplay decisions on the 'theme', that's not real gameplay to me. I do it, if necessary - but I don't like it.

In other words - I absolutely loathe basic gameplay decisions on the 'theme', that's not real gameplay to me. I do it, if necessary - but I don't like it.

Theme knowledge really can give you a big heads up however. You can even know what things scum may try to use to their advantage. Gameplay decisions based on theme happen all the time technically, since people often rely on character claims to decide not to lynch someone.

Cloud, have you played Kingdom Hearts yet? If not I might have to dissolve our bond :laugh:

Sooo excited for HD remix 2.5 coming out later this year. And it's just two weeks until FFX HD. AAAH. *happy camper*

*doesn't say anything* >.>

No, but seriously I'm still stuck in the goddamn jungle level. I have no clue where I need to go and I even searched up a walkthrough for that area. Ugh. I expect to finish the game somewhere in the next 10 years :P Or in this summer vacation. I'm also very excited for FFX HD btw!

Send a message about where you're at, what you did last, and I'll see what I can do :happy:

Archived