A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Showdown: PART DEUX - GAME OVER, Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Chicken Tikka Masala

Was that made in the UK first?

"One explanation of the origins of the dish is that it was conceived in an Indian restaurant in the United Kingdom.[4][2] Rahul Verma, an Indian expert on street food from Delhi, has stated that the dish originated, probably by accident with subsequent improvisations, in Punjab and Uttar Pradesh during the last 50 years.[1]

There are also claims that a Pakistani chef Ali Ahmed Aslam, proprietor of the Shish Mahal restaurant in Gibson Street in the west end of Glasgow invented it by improvising a sauce made from yogurt, cream and spices.[5][6] In July 2009 Pakistani-born British MP Mohammad Sarwar tabled an Early Day Motion in the House of Commons asking that Parliament support a campaign for Glasgow to be given European Union protected geographical status for chicken tikka masala.[7] The motion was not chosen for debate nor did Sarwar speak on this subject in Parliament.[8][9] Others lay claim to the origin being Birmingham and Newcastle. Some people have drawn comparisons between chicken tikka masala and butter chicken, another Indian dish including chicken and gravy which was probably invented in Northern India.

Ethnic food historians and authors Peter & Colleen Grove also discuss various origin claims of chicken tikka masala in their article "Is It or Isn't It? (The Chicken Tikka Masala Story)", in which one of their conclusions suggests that "The shape of things to come may have been a recipe for Shahi Chicken Masala in Mrs Balbir Singh’s ‘Indian Cookery’ published in 1961."

ooooh it's a curry mystery.

I'm very lucky in that I live in Bradford and we have the BEST curries.

I missed the dramatic mafia games it seems, although I remember Rag in the last sign-up thread. That was funny.

Tommy is good fun. He keeps things active and exciting and kills townies with vig shots. We have a lot to look forward to. 

I missed the dramatic mafia games it seems, although I remember Rag in the last sign-up thread. That was funny.

Tommy is good fun. He keeps things active and exciting and kills townies with vig shots. We have a lot to look forward to.

Even the best of people vig townies.

Your numbers are the best though.

Don't get me started about numbers lol.

*grumbles about billion and trillion*

Imagine having to use Roman Numerals.  *shudders*

Did they decide at some point to use M for 500 and D for 200 to mix things up?

*shudders more*

Actually they might have done stuff like that for all I know.

I'm impressed how you guys manage to spam so much before the game even started.

It's a skill and a talent.

I am a Midnight Blue Belt in Spamjitsu

I'm not much of a fighter. I'm a bleeder. The best I can hope for would be to drown somebody else with my own blood if I don't drown myself before.

Why do you want to lynch me so badly? :/

Also Tommy's been trolling me so I'll shoot him D1.

Otherwise, nothing interesting.

Like with Despo eh?

Archived