DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Showdown: PART DEUX - GAME OVER, Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Des - I don't see it that way. The likely answer would've been 'yes I received a role I submitted', 'yes I received a role that I submitted but was tweaked', or 'no, idk wtf Darthe is doing'

None of these really tell anything about his role specifically. Weakened version? Maybe. But of what?

Despo, you realize the answers could have simply been: Same role, Variant.

My variant was nerfed rather than buffed, and Cloud's was buffed.

So no, apparently it gives very little information at all.

#Lawyered?

See but you JUST pointed out how it CAN give scum some info.

If someone says their role is nerfed, scum can use that to determine how powerful of a role it might be, using what they know about that player

Same goes for someone saying their role got buffed. Seriously, why give something like that away for free if you're town?

Despo, what do you think about Turin claiming VT?

I don't buy it. I think he was trolling. Would still happily lynch him tho

:baalzamon:

#Lawyered?

If someone says their role is nerfed, scum can use that to determine how powerful of a role it might be, using what they know about that player

Same goes for someone saying their role got buffed. Seriously, why give something like that away for free if you're town?

So people claiming their role got buffed wouldn't do so if they were town? So then asking people this question may highlight third parties or possible scum team members should someone respond with the answer "I got buffed"? Seems faulty way of thinking...

@Des - I don't see it that way. The likely answer would've been 'yes I received a role I submitted', 'yes I received a role that I submitted but was tweaked', or 'no, idk wtf Darthe is doing'

None of these really tell anything about his role specifically. Weakened version? Maybe. But of what?

If he said he got a weaker or more powerful version of his role, scum can look back for hints at what that person said their role was like and appraise their threat level somewhat.

Tbh I find all this early discussion about roles and how much weaker/stronger they are to be a really bad discussion that will only lead to bad things for town. Could easily end up having someone slip up and give away too much info.

Mebbe that was RTE's real intent- get people to start talking about their roles as much as possible.

Why do you feel the need to answer for other people, AJ?

Ugh I knew you would say this.

Anyone and everyone can give their opinion on something, whether they were asked directly or not.

I would doubt Turin is Vanilla Town. But also think he was joking.

I was trying to get people talking period. And that worked. The game is on.

I don't think weaker says anything. If the role submitted was UNKILLABLE INDY WITH UNLIMITED DAY OR NIGHT VIG SHOTS WITH AN INVESTIGATIVE NA, does weaker mean that the role they received is actually weak?

You can argue that Darthe buffed or nerfed to only balance in the first place. Which would make the most sense anyways.

NOICE! One of RTE's teammates decided to be a pal to town and expose himself! Bahahahaha!

:myrddraal:

He didn't just ask if Csarmi got the role he wanted. He asked if it was a variation of the one submitted or a different one. Let's say hypothetically that RTE as scum asked that question to see if Csarmi would respond "Eh, a modified version" - which would indicate a weakened role potentially. Fishing isn't always going to be obvious, you know.

Lol this is such bs and you know it. First you call RTE out for fishing because he appears to be interested in the "specifics" of other people's roles, but in the next post you contradict yourself by agreeing with him in that if he knows nothing about Salami's role then knowing how close it is to the one he submitted is useless information. You follow this up by saying that he is trying to find the most powerful roles so his team can jump on them. He wouldn't be able to accomplish this by asking Salami the question he did.

And now you are saying that RTE could have gotten something out of Salami's response which also isn't true because even if he said that he got a weaker role RTE has no way of knowing how powerful the role was that Salami submitted to Darthe.

And why do you feel the need to prevent me from scumhunting btw?

I wouldn't call what you are doing right now scumhunting. You are just making mountains out of molehills by searching the thread for little bits and pieces to accuse other people of being mafia which is scummy.

Why do you feel the need to answer for other people, AJ?

Ugh I knew you would say this.

Anyone and everyone can give their opinion on something, whether they were asked directly or not.

I would doubt Turin is Vanilla Town. But also think he was joking.

Nope, Csarmi is actually right here. Answering a question posed at someone else is not a smart thing to do. Links yourself to that person somewhat, but most importantly it could directly inhibit a line of questioning that maybe looked simple and harmless but had other motives behind it. Csarmi might have had a reason for asking ME that question specifically.

Des: It's only a bad move because people jump on you for it and people believe that's acceptable. I think the only time it is harmful is if the person to whom the question was posed never answers it and they get away with it if it gets lost in the rifraff. Otherwise I think the more people who give their views and opinions the better. How else is town supposed to scumhunt? You know, the ones who are actually genuinely trying to find scum rather than spin a pretty story that they can sell to the uninformed majority.

Lol cloud is probscum.

Explain.

REACTION TEST FAIL ALERT

I thought AJ called me probscum because I said that I found Salami townie. How should I have reacted for you to have passed the supposed reaction test?

Despo, what do you think about Turin claiming VT?

I think it's a joke because Ithi's favorite role is VT.

#Lawyered?

You are stretching it here. I don't believe there is any way a person can guess the role someone else submitted. It would be guess work at best.

So anyone has experience with BYOR games?

DES ASK HIM IF HE WANTS TO KNOW SO HE CAN IDENTIFY WHO COULD HAVE GIVEN DARTHE A REALLY STRONG ROLE BECAUSE THEY SAW IT IN ANOTHER BYOR GAME!

Go on! I'm sure that will be really helpful and expose Salami for the scum that he is.

:dry:

@Cs - I said it was null. If town I think he is good at picking up little things in early posts. If scum he stretches truth. Essentially it is the same action and therefore not alignment indicative. Hence null.

Archived