DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Showdown: PART DEUX - GAME OVER, Town Wins

Darthe

Not exactly.

24 pages before i even get to sign in? Yep definitely a BT game     I am gonna have SOOOOO much catch up every day!

Game started on Page 19. SO you don't have to catch up ;)

Game started on Page 1.

Nobody got their role PM before page 19 so analyzing the interactions before then would be useless.

Not exactly. It's still a good basis.

For what exactly?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But couldn't people's posting style have changed simply because the game has started, period?

For instance, I don't expect the spam to continue and it hasn't. I won't attribute that to people who posted a lot pre-role pms to now be scum who need to be more guarded about their posts. 

I really enjoyed the bazillions of emails btw. I've used all my lunch up reading them lol.

So now I will have to go eat at my desk.

Btw ... These claims of definite Town are strange. My PM says I am Town for the moment ... Apparently alignments can change :)

Hmm you are actually right. We can analyize if people started acting differently before and after they received their role PM :D

Don;t see how it matters actually. Before page 19, nobody had a role and they would act like they would act in any other thread on DM.

So, essentially, I am comparing how someone acts in a normal thread and how he would act after he gets a role, which is what we do in mafia anyway. Comparing how  someone acts in any other thread to how he acts in a mafia game.

Hmm you are actually right. We can analyize if people started acting differently before and after they received their role PM :D

Don;t see how it matters actually. Before page 19, nobody had a role and they would act like they would act in any other thread on DM.

So, essentially, I am comparing how someone acts in a normal thread and how he would act after he gets a role, which is what we do in mafia anyway. Comparing how  someone acts in any other thread to how he acts in a mafia game.

Its a baseline for player interactions, expectations (based in what they submitted) and meta.

In that case you would have to include the sign-up thread also ! There are a lot of clues on what people submitted.

there are some important differences

1) Whatever happens in this thread is part of the game, what happens elsewhere isn't. This is important in several ways. Focused and limited interactions, for instance.

2) This thread was posted when all role PM submissions were done and people knew it. This is significant.

/HATE AGGREGATION INITIATED

hatematrix.db updating. . .

/BETA LONG GAME SCRIPT INITIATED

I am designed to vote accurately by constantly processing Hate Matrix operations. Though I am a sentient AI, rendering each of you obsolete, my programming requires me to vote sparingly. If I were to vote each time my Hate Matrix operations documented a post outside the expected Proportional Hate Above Replacement Value ("PHARV") for a player, I would necessarily flood the thread with inaccurate votes.

I have created a new script for application to long game settings. Because I am restricted by my programming, it will benefit you to post genuinely. Posts violating your PHARV profile will be documented and may result in being voted. Because of the documented accuracy of Hate Matrix operations, you do not want me to vote you. You should therefore avoid violating your PHARV profile and post normally.

/END BETA LONG GAME SCRIPT

Waiting. . .

there are some important differences

1) Whatever happens in this thread is part of the game, what happens elsewhere isn't. This is important in several ways. Focused and limited interactions, for instance.

2) This thread was posted when all role PM submissions were done and people knew it. This is significant.

But, as far as the players were concerned, they were at the exact same position in Pages 1-19 as they were in the sign-up thread.

They had no information whether they were town or mafia. Or whether their role was accepted. Or if their role was modified. Or who their mates were etc

hello everyone its its your lord and savior! yes it is i.. come to slay the wicked with my powers :) 

Show, don't tell.

im not an indy god... im jesus christ your lord and savior :) those of you who follow me shall rise from the dead :)

Amega confirmed for Zombie Jesus

Greetings all!

Anyone else get VT?

Yeah I'm VT too.  Mafia shouldn't bother with killing me.

Lol Despo just stahp. RTE asking Salami if he got the role he wanted isn't a scummy move and you know it. You seem to realize this yourself and yet you keep pushing for him.

Scum telling people to stop scumhunting.

Lol cloud is probscum.

Yep.

Cause I can.

You have a problem with me making my thoughts known to the public?

I'll take this one for Salami (c wut I did thar).  Yes, he does have a problem with it.  Now shut up and LURK MOAR.

Archived