DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Showdown: PART DEUX - GAME OVER, Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, wow. Good morning everyone. I need at least three more cups of tea before doing more than skimming this.

Did those cups of tea ever happen?

This seems very much to be a 'post because I feel I should be posting but try not to say anything that can be read in any way' post.

Got my hackles right up.

As did one by Pray before ... Lemme go find.

They did, and they I realized I actually had a bit of energy today, so I helped my husband start the process of Scrubbing Down the Kitchen of Doom.

And apparently count as Tess in the VC...

It was Dom before.

This made me suspect that you guys are a Hydra. Despo + Tom = Dom.

Des + Tom is also Tes(s).

They might not be a proper hudra per se (if I've understood the hydra concept properly), but maybe they count as one user with one vote betweem them? If so that sounds more like a townish role to me.

As for Des' push on RTE, I honestly won't even bother trying to read anything from that yet. I need more time than that to be able to read Des. He knows his own meta so well he perfectly knows how to abuse it. You should also know Cloud that that is a null from Des.

Also, a hydra is two players that share an ALT account and both post under the ALT account.

Atleast that how it is on MS.

Well what I know is that in my game you will be just posting under your own names and count as one player.

@CS - read between the lines. If we continue getting similar death scenes I think there's a fair chance Darthe is going to leave it up to us to infer on the alignment of dead players.

Except I know for a fact that's not true.

They might not be a proper hudra per se (if I've understood the hydra concept properly), but maybe they count as one user with one vote betweem them? If so that sounds more like a townish role to me.

As for Des' push on RTE, I honestly won't even bother trying to read anything from that yet. I need more time than that to be able to read Des. He knows his own meta so well he perfectly knows how to abuse it. You should also know Cloud that that is a null from Des.

I can't believe I missed that thing about Tes. *feels stupid* This definitely confirms them as a Hydra though and it makes sense that they would share a QT and have one vote between them. I however disagree with you that this clears them as town. A Hydra can be either town or mafia, and in this case I'm thinking they are mafia because of Tom's lack of pushes against RTE. It shows that he doesn't really believe in Despo's scum read which is strange for a Hydra.

@CS - read between the lines. If we continue getting similar death scenes I think there's a fair chance Darthe is going to leave it up to us to infer on the alignment of dead players.

I don't really understand what you mean by this. Could you explain it more?

AJ what reasons could Despo have to post something like that if he didn't believe in it?

This is why you are scum Cloud. You know me well enough to know at the start of games I will often push w/e garbage I can find to start getting reactions going. I don't buy for a second that you wouldnt have considered this as town.

More importantly the reaction I got from you was extremely telling. You straight up told me to stop pursuing that line of questioning. If you thought I was town, you should have let me go a little further to see how others reacted. If you thought I was scum, you should have let me go on to see if it was a gambit between RTE and I or something. And if you didn't have any idea what I might be you DEF should have let me go on to try and develop a read on me.

Instead, you tell me to stop scumhunting. Scummy scummy reaction there.

Youre also dropping other scumtells as well. I mentioned the whyme fryme, and you also had a strange reaction to Ithi's case on Pray. Obv Pray could have been anything, but him being the sole NK N0 pretty much makes him more likely to be town. You just roll right over this fact and try your best to keep as much wifom alive.

Someone get this dude to L-1 so I can hammer!

:biggrin:

I can't believe I missed that thing about Tes. *feels stupid* This definitely confirms them as a Hydra though and it makes sense that they would share a QT and have one vote between them. I however disagree with you that this clears them as town. A Hydra can be either town or mafia, and in this case I'm thinking they are mafia because of Tom's lack of pushes against RTE. It shows that he doesn't really believe in Despo's scum read which is strange for a Hydra.

EBWOP: And I know that Despo knows his own meta perfectly but I really doubt that he believes the things that he said about RTE.

Other thoughts:

Ithi is LOCK CLEAR

Turin is considerably less so however. Had a bizarro flip flop on me, and wanted to stay in fluff mode even tho gameplay had already started. Eye on him.

RTE didn't respond well to my pressure, bit eh he would prpb do the same as town. Will need follow up.

Tess is GOAT and BAMF. That is all.

PAFO

EBWOP: And I know that Despo knows his own meta perfectly but I really doubt that he believes the things that he said about RTE.

I don't have to believe the things I'm saying to be town. I push fake or weak cases all the time. Either way there was NO townie motivation in telling me to stop.

What if I was town and pursuing something dumb, but RTE WAS scum? Then you could have judged his reactions after that to try and find out for yourself.

Instead it just came off as you white-knighting RTE. Atm I'm thinking it's more likely it's scum/town with you and RTE.

Do you not think that Cloud is being a little bit obvious? He sees that something draws attention and then he seems to be doing it morer.

What is vote count please.

It is clear from the PM I had and indeed the open to everyone post that CSarmi pointed out that there is no such thing as a Townish Role btw. Anyone who says different is selling something.

PAFO

Oh wonderful. Csarmi's rolehinting again.

:rolleyes:

Why is the Ithi lock clear?

OK ... what is this jargon that has sprung up whilst I was away?

Basically a funny way of saying someone is townread or strong townread.

Additionally it's one of the best ways to annoy or antagonize other players

:laugh:

Archived