DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

MAFIA - **STARGATE SG1** - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Talya

they are social coin.

I have seen you sniffing around a hangman game day and night to build a golden pile of them.

I believe you understand their value.

Don't think this was directed at me.

at the wombat.

as he points out, neither of us can resist hangman. points or no points,

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NotBob - have your read WoT? If you by any chance would want to go outside your mafia and chess comfort zone and start hanging out with real geeks then you are very welcome to the BT. :D 

Hallia - I would definitely say that you have a meta. A meta that would do very well to hide you as mafia. That is why I think it´s strange when people start to get null reads or town reads on you right away. 

Your intuition is correct Tina.  I occasionally like to expand my comfort zone.

I have not read the WoT but I may investigate more and join the T.

Vote Count:

Darthe(1): Locke
(Not) Bob (1): Darthe
Dap (1): cindy
Berf (4):  Niel, Tina, Des, Basel
Basel (4): Hally, Wombat, NotBob, Csarmi
Desp (1): Turin

With 18 people takes 10 to lynch. So get to it and post.

I may just add a few bits to make it a little more exciting...you have been warned! *smiles sweetly*

I know how to spice things up

I have a Vig shot that will be used in the lowest poster come nightfall

Bring it baby. I aint afraid of you.

Like now. I just got home from work and its just passed midnight. I have class at 8:30 tomorrow

Anyway ill let my Vig threat sit for a bit longer before I start mixing things up. I could always do a day shot if things really lagged

I don't like this. FOS Dap. Threatening everyone, and playing the Martyr already?

I'm not going to shoot myself

It was a joke.

Also that's not playing the martyr, that's just suicidal

What do you want explained? Games slowing, I'm gunna spice it up by forcing activity

Awwww. See it would have been fun if you actually *were* a vig. Now it just looks like you attempting to scare everyone into activity and while I think that is commendable from an out of game perspective, in game it doesnt look good.
Only joking about suicide Len. Threats still there

In saying that, I'd rather not shoot blind day 1 and use the info Turin, I'd prefer d1 lynch cos there is added info of who voted

Like now. I just got home from work and its just passed midnight. I have class at 8:30 tomorrow

Anyway ill let my Vig threat sit for a bit longer before I start mixing things up. I could always do a day shot if things really lagged

I don't like this. FOS Dap. Threatening everyone, and playing the Martyr already?

It was a joke.

What do you want explained? Games slowing, I'm gunna spice it up by forcing activity

Awwww. See it would have been fun if you actually *were* a vig. Now it just looks like you attempting to scare everyone into activity and while I think that is commendable from an out of game perspective, in game it doesnt look good.
Only joking about suicide Len. Threats still there

In saying that, I'd rather not shoot blind day 1 and use the info Turin, I'd prefer d1 lynch cos there is added info of who voted

if you've voted I missed it

Locke, your freaking color code thing completely screwed up the quotes in my response I don't know how many times, I give up trying to fix it for now. Gonna finish the rest of this in a sec.

And people. PLEASE stop doing the "my replies in blue" thing for a big multiquote. It's almost impossible to respond to without butchering the whole quote system. Try bullet points, or else break up the quote into several smaller quotes or something. Bleurgh.

I apologize; my quote code wasn't functioning at all at the time, so I couldn't edit the original formatting of the quote. (DM quote editing is so annoying right now. -_-)

For the rest, your explanations make sense except for this one:

Vote Lenlo

For Nostalgia  :wink:

This looked like a possible distancing vote to me, coming right after Wombat voted RTE. RTE declines to comment on Wombat's vote, and instead lobs a "joke" vote right after. Perhaps was trying to bury real votes amongst "joke" votes. Joke votes that came after this kinda make me think I'm onto something here...

Reading way too much into a joke vote.

Then you completely missed the point I was trying to make. I was postulating that RTE's "joke" vote wasn't a joke vote at all, and was designed to lessen the impact of Wombat's real vote on RTE, which came a couple of posts prior to his.

Your explanation sounds like a conspiracy theory on a page 2 vote. 

I suspected as much. (that you're lost, that is...)

Vote Berf. I found his list to not reveal very much as to his thought processes, and sheeped my own list of early thoughts. It's still D1, and there was still no deadline at the time, but I think I at least made more of an effort to at least say who I was going to be keeping my eyes on.

I don't get this vote. SO, because you disagree with the "thought process", you find him scummy?

That seems to be a contrived reasoning  in order to force-vote someone.

@Berf - I have seen it in many games, Hallia (and others) just post fluff and then others says that it´s a null tell or, often, a town tell. I must admit that I´m not sure if I have ever played with Hallia when she was mafia but how exactely would she change her play if she was scum? Start making long cases? I just don´t think it´s wise to comment on her meta as a null tell or town tell. 

Really? I´m not sure if you are making this up or not.

Wanna try me on it Tina?

@Cindy. I know I'm a low count ATM. Just had an essay due and got another due next week so I've been busy. Plus work

I should be back in full swing soon. Still

I could always shoot myself

Anyway ill let my Vig threat sit for a bit longer before I start mixing things up. I could always do a day shot if things really lagged

Anyway ill let my Vig threat sit for a bit longer before I start mixing things up. I could always do a day shot if things really lagged

It was a joke.

Just noting that these are basically the only content posts for Pralaya, RTE and Lenlo, respectively (and RTE especially has spammed considerably). Dicetosser has been completely silent.  (A bit interesting that RTE and Lenlo both focus in on Player, but not something to draw conclusions of)

Turin hasn´t been here for a long time now. I think he is stuck with work. Haven´t seen MCS in a while either.

MCS replaced out of two games at once while this game was still in signups. I don't think he will be showing up.

Nevermind....

:smile: 

I'm just lost.

I suspected as much. (that you're lost, that is...)

Vote Berf. I found his list to not reveal very much as to his thought processes, and sheeped my own list of early thoughts. It's still D1, and there was still no deadline at the time, but I think I at least made more of an effort to at least say who I was going to be keeping my eyes on.

Niel - Post full of pings. PFOP. Time will tell. *Update* 3 games played and that's the opening post you choose to go with? Indeed.

I can sum up your whole vote on me as an OMGUS surrounded by a WoT. One thing I have been unable to figure out on my own is.... What is "PFOP"?

Totally failing to see why I should be getting heat for putting my reads out there. That's what you do in mafia.

I like the way Berf responded to pressure.  Basel, not so much. 

1)That train vote would've looked better with parroting than the reasons you gave.

2)Your defense is "OMGUS"

3)Now you're not even scumhunting. 

So:

Unvote

Vote Basel

FoS @ RTE

Turin, why des?

csarmi, what about post 111?

darthe, it slows down sometimes when ppl are doing other stuff. I'm more interested in the non participants than the ones who leave to work, commute, sleep, and stuff, and who play or post when they can. today I had more time to putz around here. next week I won't. please don't have sad feelings.

dap, no, that doesn't mean I think you should shoot them. tho running them up might be good. like a pulse check.

On Page 8 now. Basel looks like scum (post #88 list looks forced (and why not vote with it too?!) + the vote on Berf is just coming from nowhere).My gut says Despo is scum (something about his #111 WoT is off).

@Cindy #111 - Despo's WoT's put me asleep. I liked most of it when I read it, but it sounded very chaotic.Why?

all of despos WoTs... all WoTs... put me to sleep, and they are very often chaotic, relying on the hypnotic drone to lull you into stringing sense out of them yourself, or just scanning first, middle, last words, or perhaps nodding off, content that the poster has made an effort.

the WoT isn't a scum tell for des.

I think he's perhaps dropped others, but since you say your gut says he's scum, and since Turin names him so, I was wondering if y'all had a more tangible than intestinal case.

Basel why would I pick YOU to OMGUS-upon when I had several to pick from? OMGUS implies that I was emotionally affected enough by your post to overcome my mafia calm and set sights and fire. Yet I embed that in a wall of text which was all of 6 quotes, all with pretty reasoned discussion points I feel.  

An OMGUS is when you vote someone who is voting you. It doesn't matter which of the people voting you that you put a vote on; it's still an OMGUS any which way. You met the criteria for an OMGUS in my book, and if it walks like a duck, and votes like a duck, then it must be a duck.

*tosses breadcrumbs at Berf*

Hallia, you play LoL? We should play!

Totally!  Are you EU or NA? (I'm NA)

I almost forgot to

Vote Basel

I have both actually. I should test to see if NA still drops me...

Awesome!  Well add Hallia (Surprise name right? XD )

Will do. You can guess what my account name is too :rollseyes:

OMG YES xD I haven't played in awhile. You could guess my summoner too: Niel an Tyomn3

Also, I'm going to retain my vote on Berf, although he seems to be doing some damage control, I still feel the same scummy vibe from him.  Although he didn't OMGUS anyone, or hop onto any trains I feel as if he's slowly trying to wade back into unsuspicousland. :shakeshead: this will no do. 

Archived