DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

MAFIA - **STARGATE SG1** - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Talya

CS, I'm not going to apologize. Had I accused you of being a liar about a migraine or other real life circumstances, I would understand. And I wouldn't do that, regardless.

However I'm accusing you of a deliberate coding fail, something well within the bounds of the mafia playbook. 

Come on man. This is way OTT. 

This is silly. I did the same thing.  Ugh!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you are discussing the treaty an alarm goes up, there is an intruder in the base. Grabbing weapons you all run towards the directions of screams. As you turn a corner you see what can only be described as mechanical spiders on the floor and walls of the compound. you know what these are, you have seen them before...Replicators. The eat and destroy everything in it's path and of course replicate when given more material, which is anything. 

Without hesitation you open fire....

In your next post you must first say:

BLAST THEM

Bold and in blue, failure to do so will have consequences

replicators.gif

I copied and pasted.  The blue changed to black after I hit Post.  The intent was there.  

Please clarify.

Deliberate code fail is against the spirit of the game. Just as much as coming up with fake RL stuff.

So that is the code you ascribe you?

I will say this. As mafia, I would happily lie about coding fails and post content. What I don't lie about is factors outside of the game, such as I mentioned earlier.

But CS - if you are classing this technical fault, why not bring it up with the mod instead of lashing out at me and, a bit later, cindy?

@NOTBOB - Clarfiy which? You copied and pasted that bad boy, and it looks blue to me...

So that is the code you ascribe you?

I will say this. As mafia, I would happily lie about coding fails and post content. What I don't lie about is factors outside of the game, such as I mentioned earlier.

I can see we're on the same page here. Failing code cause DM works stupid is a factor just as outside the game as the ones mentioned above.

And yea I'm a programmer and usually write my responses in code, so I didn't know this copying would mess it up, cause it did show blue you see. What you see is what you get, right...

But CS - if you are classing this technical fault, why not bring it up with the mod instead of lashing out at me and, a bit later, cindy?

I did, actually.

@NOTBOB - Clarfiy which? You copied and pasted that bad boy, and it looks blue to me...

He has one bost with bold only, one with blue.

BLAST THEM

BLAST THEM

@ Berf,

I'm saying I copied and pasted the mod's original words in blue and posted it.  The first post came out black.  Then I did another only this time I typed the words and bolded and changed the text color to blue and the second post came black.  If that somehow cause consequences que sera sera.  

BLAST THEM

BLAST THEM

@ Berf,

I'm saying I copied and pasted the mod's original words in blue and posted it.  The first post came out black.  Then I did another only this time I typed the words and bolded and changed the text color to blue and the second post came blue.  If that somehow cause consequences que sera sera.  

Edit black to blue in second post.

And yea in two games I played I saw people getting heat/lynched just because they copied something and DM acted weird. In one of them they copied from QT (that was the speculation) and in the other one they just quoted a post and DM went crazy.

It was disgusting then and it's disgusting now as well. This stuff just don't belong in the gameplay.

When did you bring it up to the mod, CS? I think I missed it unless it was PM.

I want to trust you, you have to believe me there, but this is classic mafia.

I can't trust your word on it unless we break the game. 

And I can't ignore it because, as I said, it could be a play. 

The thing is, you say it's a technical issue and not a part of the gameplay. If I trust that, and it bites me in the ass, that's a dog move. Because you are basically saying "I put this in the same bracket as medical/LOA stuff and ergo would NOT lie about this"

You see my problem?

@Berf: I PM'd the mod about it. As far as I understand, such issues should be handled there.

As for your problem - there isn't any. You see, I'm very simple. I will assume that others play the game honorably and wouldn't even cross my mind that they'd do such.

That it does cross yours tells something about your gameplay and not mine. Now I know that you would do such things, for instance. Which upsets me.

@Berf: I PM'd the mod about it. As far as I understand, such issues should be handled there.

As for your problem - there isn't any. You see, I'm very simple. I will assume that others play the game honorably and wouldn't even cross my mind that they'd do such.

That it does cross yours tells something about your gameplay and not mine. Now I know that you would do such things, for instance. Which upsets me.

Let it go.

When i find myself in times of trouble mother mary comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be. Let it be, let it be.

Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

Basel - Disappeared once more. I'm sensing similar patterns as to what happened in the Olympus game but not nearly enough convinced to change vote. Isn't talking about anything else happening in the game apart from my vote and related dramas.

Desp - Gone once I asked him why he was FOSing me for pointing this mess out. Trying to look like saying a lot, (irony I know given the votes on me) but largely isn't/hasn't besides me and Turin. Ultimately the FOS he gave me (and related posts) for pointing out people triggering NEGATIVE TOWN things is giving me Despo Mafia vibes.

CS - Lord knows. On one hand, says its against his code. On the other, it was all a wonderful distraction to bury the fact that the above two have vanished. CS also tries to move us on by focusing on DAP, but nothing else? If DAP is indeed One Shot Vig, this would be the target to try and move everyone onto. Unsure here, and now I'm second guessing myself in regards to the sitch. Not cool.

DAP - No reasons given bar attempts to 'pressure' me with his vote. As I said, I've spoken at length about what's going on so I'm not sure what more info he could be after. He either thinks I'm mafia or not at this stage, I would think.

Cindy - Moved into "town" slot given the past couple of pages. Commenting on the right things and speaking the right english.

Notbob - I'm getting town here too, but I was waiting for others to post and come up with the "It happened to me too" bit. I'm counting all this as null until some of these names start to flip or more evidence corroborates the theory.

CS - Lord knows. On one hand, says its against his code. On the other, it was all a wonderful distraction to bury the fact that the above two have vanished. CS also tries to move us on by focusing on DAP, but nothing else? If DAP is indeed One Shot Vig, this would be the target to try and move everyone onto. Unsure here, and now I'm second guessing myself in regards to the sitch. Not cool.

Sure you aren't suggesting that we should lynch a claimed Vig at this point?

As for nothing else - yea man I still haven't read up properly.

Berf, I'd like an apology. Right now.

You have no right to ask for this. He didnt attack you personally, he said you might of made a play in the game by stating a code fail

CS, I'm not going to apologize. Had I accused you of being a liar about a migraine or other real life circumstances, I would understand. And I wouldn't do that, regardless.

However I'm accusing you of a deliberate coding fail, something well within the bounds of the mafia playbook. 

Come on man. This is way OTT.

I agree with Berf on this

Deliberate code fail is against the spirit of the game. Just as much as coming up with fake RL stuff.

I'm not sure what to say to this. You know why mods have strict rules on what counts as a vote and what doesn't (in code term)?

It's because people fake votes and unvotes all the time. I've almost been lynched for forgetting to unvote in the fast or messing up the code at a deadline.

Now I know you are gunna role out the honor thing and how yu never do it, however people do, have, and will. It's a common tactic and Berf has every right to call you out for it.

And I'm the same page as NotBob there - if me messing up the post brings consequences (I could have been more careful), that's just fine by me.But this thing about speculating deliberate miscoding upsets me. You see.

It shouldn't. People do it. It's nothing against you or your character, it's just a type of play known to happen.

It's exactly the same as when people say they missed a night action. It looks scummy cos mafia fake claiming sometimes use a "missed" night action to not have to keep revealing info

Back to the game:@DapSo you claim that you are town and you got at least one Vig shot? Anything more? Is that your exact claim? Can you be precise?

Didnt despo or someone literally just post about how asking for more info was a scummy thing? Did you not read that?

If you must know I'm an insane, lynch proof, cop with Vig shots and eye lasers.

I can't character claim but I think it's pretty obvious

(For anyone feeling particularly dense tonight; yes that was a joke, I'm not giving you anymore info. Suck it)

Sure you aren't suggesting that we should lynch a claimed Vig at this point?As for nothing else - yea man I still haven't read up properly.
I took this as Berf calling you mafia for doing something scummy

Anyone object to a Csarmi shot tonight?

@berf, and anyone else who tries to make a case out of Basel "vanishing" (this is me defending someone, btw, I don't "soft" anything):

I've watched y'all and others play many games with Basel. and for some reason there's a global fail to get that he can't post from work.

unless you've never played mafia with him before, big FOS for trying to turn that into a scum tell.

I don't see any other scum tells there, nor any town tells.

and looking back on it, Des, who has more reason than anyone to know I wouldn't defend teammates if I was scum (LOL, stsly, bro, I'd bus your butt or anyone else's without hesitation any time i needed to) reading anything into me supposedly soft defending someone ... that's a game of three card Monte designed to distract the natives.

Sure you aren't suggesting that we should lynch a claimed Vig at this point?As for nothing else - yea man I still haven't read up properly.
I took this as Berf calling you mafia for doing something scummy

Anyone object to a Csarmi shot tonight?

I object to you shooting by consensus.

shoot who you think needs to get shot.

Archived