DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

MAFIA - **STARGATE SG1** - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Talya

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BLAST THEM!

@pral... now that's some parroting. and your second post of the game.

@dap... interesting idea, interesting claim or joke. and that was our 5th post, and 1 of those was a .gif. so... I guess your safe from your own shot by a couple of posts.

@des you can see who's lurking same as me. you click on the number of replies to the topic on the main board, and there ya go, nice and neat. to the above I'd add dice, who's a sneaky quiet bugger as maf from what I've seen.

also @des... asking ppl not to use color coding within posts cause it's a PITA to read (and it is) is throwing stones from a glass WoT.

try to explain... no, that takes too long. just sum up?

You're much better at knowing who is active elsewhere than I am. Can't just go by the active posters list, too many sneaky peeps like me that stay off those lists for mafia purposes hehe.

And it's not that the color coding within posts is hard to read, on the contrary it's usually pretty easy to follow along. The problem is responding back. Can become a nightmare.

uh, fwiw, referencing a game in which I humiliated myself by blowing it like a complete moron, to the point where I withdrew from another game I was playing at the same time, and sat out afterwards from at least one I wanted to play until I got over being mortified at being publicly stupid... isn't flattering.

if it's meant to be it's way the hell off.

what I learned from that one is you can't really die of shame.

so. yeah.

carry on.

Oh come now. You didn't humiliate yourself in any way, and it's already been established that it was my fault we lost. :tongue:

@DESPO

You yourself admit to sheeping his own list, so why are you trying to act like you weren't parroting? - I said he ninja'd me. Where did I say I was sheeping?

Right here:

So VOTE BASEL
- My list is not revealing enough for him despite being a sheeped version of his.

It's not too early for reads, never said that. It did seem a bit early for the list-type format of reads. - 1. List type reads is my jam, baby
Buddying Cindy- when you brought up the Pizza game and how devious she was in that game. You're trying to flatter her. Def looks like buddying to me. 2. -It wasn't so much devious as it was I completely couldn't see her as mafia. I was pointing out that her activity was a null read.
You were defending Hallia's meta. There was no point. If someone's meta is a nulltell, and not a lot of people are commenting on it anyways, why even bring it up? 3. -I don't think a lot of people were commenting on it, and I spoke about it because it was part of the game. She posted things, I saw something interesting (in that there wasn't really anything interesting) and got my opinions out.
I think part of the problem is you DIDN'T throw out a lot of fos's. You put out this list... yet there are almost no solid scum reads at all on it. 4. -again as mentioned, I'm not having any solid reads bar Basel. The list was my way of warming up into the game, start collating the data and having it front of mind. I work in lists. Ergo, list. (PS I saw you slip ergo into a post of yours earlier and mentally gave it a +1)
Your reasons for voting Basel are just awful. Of COURSE there is a difference between someone doing something, and then someone else sheeping them. The first person didn't sheep! A huge part of why you look mafia to me is that you were essentially copying Basel's list thing, only yours was dreadful and didn't seem to be sincerely scumhunting. 5. -I presented two alternative scenarios and you seem to be taking it as one. 

Either I'm sheeping Basel, ironic given the sheepish nature of his vote on me
OR
I'm not sheeping Basel, and the list is just as awful AS Basel's, so why am I being singled out by him.

I know I wasn't sheeping, I was typing it out and got ninja'd. Granted this all could be mafia shennanigans trying to confuse everyone, but I subscribe to occams and, knowing that I am town, humbly suggest you do the same. :biggrin:

1. Meh. Still don't think I've seen you put out a list like that that early.
2. This seems like waffling to me. First you make it seem like you weren't buddying her at all, then you give us a Michael J. Lawyerstein answer? You were trying to flatter her, bro. You brought up something that wasn't really relevant to this game, something that at first glance appeared to be you saying something positive about her play in a diff game, even though you're now trying to quibble about how you were remarking on her activity level, even tho you never mentioned her activity level in the initial remark. Not buying it.
3. "I saw something interesting (in that there wasn't really anything interesting) and got my opinions out". I'm just going to let this sentence speak for itself.
4. The problem was there wasn't really much actual data you were collating there. There was nothing solid, nothing substantial, it was all a jello-ey mess of half-hearted fos's that were dismissed in the same breath, or negated by a winkie emoticon. Vis a vis (moar +1's?! :laugh:), it looked and still looks like an attempt at looking like you were scumhunting.

I'm not sure if we should clear the wifom by demanding a claim or letting the mafia chew on it.

I'm going to go for the later.

This was in regards to the Vig claim by Dap. Clear the wifom? Demand a claim? He already said he had a vig shot. Pretty much is close to a full claim anyways. The only people who could realistically benefit from more info on his role would be the mafia team, so why even act like demanding a claim would be a townie thing to do?

Then you say you'd go for the latter, first setting up a scummy alternative then saying you won't take that road. Looks once again like you trying to strut your "towniness".

Skimmed thru and found out that Despo is mafia.

And the tunneling begins :rolleyes:

Care to explain?  I am usually pretty good at calling Des on his BS :wink: but haven't seen much on it here.  It won't matter, the guy can't make it to D3 anyhow.

I'll thank you not to buddy me, Darthe. I can defend myself with ease, especially against Turin's "case"

:dry:

Locke, your freaking color code thing completely screwed up the quotes in my response I don't know how many times, I give up trying to fix it for now. Gonna finish the rest of this in a sec.

And people. PLEASE stop doing the "my replies in blue" thing for a big multiquote. It's almost impossible to respond to without butchering the whole quote system. Try bullet points, or else break up the quote into several smaller quotes or something. Bleurgh.

I apologize; my quote code wasn't functioning at all at the time, so I couldn't edit the original formatting of the quote. (DM quote editing is so annoying right now. -_-)

For the rest, your explanations make sense except for this one:

Then you completely missed the point I was trying to make. I was postulating that RTE's "joke" vote wasn't a joke vote at all, and was designed to lessen the impact of Wombat's real vote on RTE, which came a couple of posts prior to his.

Your explanation sounds like a conspiracy theory on a page 2 vote.

FoS @ RTE

Eh, I'm good at conspiracy theories. I pride myself on the ability to occasionally catch stuff that most others miss. Unfortunately that also means a lot of the time you end up looking like you're chasing shadows. /shrug

Kinda funny tho that you end up fos'ing RTE at the end of your post anyways. Mebbe I was on to something after all? :wink:

And yeah, DM's quoting feature is def bugged right now. Chops up quotes more than you mean to at times, really annoying. I just like being able to respond to each separate point easily.

Also I do know WoT is not scumtell for WoT. No, I don't have anything tangible - but then I didn't get to read everything either. Most of the players I don't even have reads at all right now.
Skimmed a lot.

Pretty lame post. Been enough activity to have reads on more than just a couple players so far. And was it really necessary to skim? There's like 15 pages in the thread, and no unnecessary spam blocks or protracted arguments. Catching up shoulda been a breeze. 

Gonna go ahead and respond to Turin's case in a separate post

I miss playing with Ithi  :sad: It always made Day 1 active and fun...

Look at this WoT. It is full of fluff.

This pretty much comprises most of your case against me. Turrible. Fluff is when you substitute actual game thoughts and opinions with nothing. If I feel like taking a break between uncovering all kinds of mafia plots to also have some fun, that's completely my prerogative dude. Fluff is what you accuse someone of who ISN'T taking any kind of definitive stance on anything and just tries floating by. Trying to use that to describe my behavior this game is ridiculous.

And again, you play better without Ithi.

Be glad I'm responding to anything you said at all btw. In the process of trying to antagonize me with the whole color coding thing, you made it so when I tried responding to your post it kept continuously deleting big chunks of the quote, making the process extremely frustrating to say the least.

From what I remember:

You asked me to show the "joke" votes that came after RTE's questionable "joke" vote. I'll do so in a sec. Otherwise your only points here had to do with the verbiage I used. Extremely weak. You've seen me post "fluff" in wot's and use similar wording in many other games before.

You're apparently skimming, because I already explained the NotBob scumslip. By saying that Darthe couldn't find scum if it hit him in the face, NotBob was also sort of making the assumption that Darthe was town to begin with, and since it seemed too early to me to have a strong town read on Darthe, it could have been NotBob letting it slip that he had advance knowledge of other's alignments... making him mafia. Granted, this could be nothing, but I felt it worth pointing out. I wasn't speculating about a gambit between NotBob and Darthe, tho obviously that is possible as well.

What else was there... oh yeah speaking of NotBob, it seems fairly obvious that he was joking when he said "he could vote Cindy for not playing enough". Darthe voting him solely for that reason would have been extremely suspect to say the least, so he felt the need to add in the bit about the little personal stuff between him and NotBob. And as I have mentioned already, Darthe has made a point of ignoring that stuff in all kinds of other recent games, so why mention it here?

Don't really remember anything else besides the stuff that came after the quote, which I will get to now:

1. The pile des resistance:  more of the conditional words, funny that you chose to use the word fluff for him. Also you chastise him for having no serious reads and in the next sentence you say it is early for a list. That reads as that is a bit early to have much in the way of reads. Followed by a coat-tailing/copying/sheeping argument. Now if there isn't much going on then people will comment on the same thing and it is possible that they will reach the same conclusions. I don't read all the games but I have seen the Darthe baiting and baited tactics a few times. Your entire list of reasons is a bunch of poo. Why does the FoS on Basel Stink? it depends on what the meaning of the word is (cavalier) is?

2. Finally jumping on the highest vote receiver in a convenient middle to lynch location. (spot #4 of 10 at the time of his vote)

3. 75% of this post is unneeded and is there to make it a "real" WoT. instead of a few BS comments.

4. Also his letting Dap's partial vig claim go by without any real comment is out of character IMO. I have heard the either claim or don't clam but do not hint (or partial claim).

1. I do think it was too early for a list by that point, but if you're going to do one it should actually have SOME kind of definitive opinions or reads. And sheeping in general is a scumtell; of course there are times that a townie might do it as well, but the same can be said of ANY scumtell. I think Berf is mafia, I think he was trying to use Basel's list as a way of trying to look townie, and his list of reads was garbage. I have also seen a couple of other pings from him as well recently. Your hardcore defense of him is noted.

2. Bahahaha! Really? The vote placement argument?  :laugh: I thought you were better than that Turin. Only way I see you seriously trying to use that was if you were scum and felt your case was too flimsy to begin with, so you better add some cheesy argument as well.

3. This is essentially your biggest mark against me. That I took too much time enjoying myself while catching up in the game.

4. Nope. Try again Turin. I responded to Dap's Vig claim, which came AFTER the wot you quoted of mine. I'll fetch it for you.

Actually Turins points aren't wrong.. Des?

First you try buddying me, then you follow along with Turin's terrible case on me? Let those scum colors fly Darthe.

@MOD - I should be voting Basel I'm pretty sure :happy:

Totally failing to see why I should be getting heat for putting my reads out there. That's what you do in mafia.

This isn't why you're copping heat. You are under it because of a throwaway vote on me, which was commented on by I think most everyone who voted you. 

This is reading like a "woe is me" play.

Ooh

Competing trains FTW

vote berf

DAP - Competing trains is a good thing yes, but you don't have a read of either me or Basel? I've said quite a bit on my part, Basel not so much. 

You can't just cry 'competing trains' with about 24 hours to go and wait for something to happen.

Basel why would I pick YOU to OMGUS-upon when I had several to pick from? OMGUS implies that I was emotionally affected enough by your post to overcome my mafia calm and set sights and fire. Yet I embed that in a wall of text which was all of 6 quotes, all with pretty reasoned discussion points I feel.  

An OMGUS is when you vote someone who is voting you. It doesn't matter which of the people voting you that you put a vote on; it's still an OMGUS any which way. You met the criteria for an OMGUS in my book, and if it walks like a duck, and votes like a duck, then it must be a duck.

*tosses breadcrumbs at Berf*

So, any time somebody votes someone who is voting them it's an OMGUS? I don't think so buddy. Look at the statement: "Oh my god you suck!" Vote. There's emotion there. Otherwise it wouldn't be called OMGUS, I feel.

Will do. You can guess what my account name is too :rollseyes:

OMG YES xD I haven't played in awhile. You could guess my summoner too: Niel an Tyomn3

Also, I'm going to retain my vote on Berf, although he seems to be doing some damage control, I still feel the same scummy vibe from him.  Although he didn't OMGUS anyone, or hop onto any trains I feel as if he's slowly trying to wade back into unsuspicousland. :shakeshead: this will no do. 

Niel I don't like this at all. What do you mean I'm doing damage control? And I'm creeping back into unsuspiciousland? 

I'm putting my opinions and whatnot out there, whether you are suspicious of me or not is all up to you, my friend. If you find yourself becoming less suspicious of me, what does that tell you?

And not really commenting on anything else bar out of game stuff and me. What about the Basel situation? What about the DAP situation?

Actually Turins points aren't wrong.. Des?

This was easier on the eye than quoting Turin's post, but largely I can see the merit of Turin's points. Despo's post was full of fluff and I'm trying to decide if it's confirmation bias or actual mafia suspicion at this point.

MAFIA: Basel, Niel, CS

Meh-fia: RTE, DAP, Desp

Meh: Darthe, Halli, Praya, Tina, everyone else.

Town: Locke, Wombat,

Basel - Reasons given. Not a fan of the defense, not a fan of his case. Logical failure as I see it, followed by some good ol' "Guys I don't get it why me" and a lack of commenting on anything else happening in game...

Niel - Being very sure to make sure everyone knows he is voting me. Again not looking at anything else in the game, despite posting in the game about non-game things. And his reason for keeping his vote on me is cause of 'scummy vibes', for the most part as it stands.

CS - See above. Claims DM ate the colour, but not the bold? Ahuh.

RTE - Fluff and nothing and active. A bit of gut here.

DAP - Not sure what is going on with that claim, but I am sure he is trying to play it like it 'ain't no thing'. I can see town and mafia motives for the play, but it would be remiss of me not to point out the weirdness going on here. Day 1 Unpressured Vig claim. You'd never read about it. Plus the whole "Competing trains" vote when anyone reading can see I've pretty much made my case.

Desp - Mostly what Turin said. Another game and another day 1 case on me, and not much else. I didn't see much of a writeup on Basel.

THIS actually looked like a much more "townie" post from you Berf. Much more definitive in your reads, you don't fall for the whyme=fryme trap, fairly sound in general.

I'll admit that Basel hasn't responded as well as you have to pressure, but then Basel is just kinda like that. Rare to see him fight his own lynch that strenuously. But I still feel your original "list" of reads was much worse than his. Anyways unvote for now.

He could have claimed he forgot to colour.

He claims he coloured and DM ate it, and not the bolding.

According to cindy, it didna. 

I've never had the colour eaten from my posts. I've had double posts, and zero formatting, but not selectively killing formatting.

Well now I'm torn between Basel and CS.

And dice it was meant to be first thing posted I'm pretty sure. But the migraine gives you somewhat of a pass. Don't make me regret it.

I can and I will berf

Sigh. Just when you were beginning to buy into my good graces Berf.

Why are you trying to draw attention to this? Trying to get people modkilled?

@DAP

So VOTE BASEL

- My list is not revealing enough for him despite being a sheeped version of his.

- If my list is a copy of your list why isn't your list also poor?

- If my list isn't a copy of yours (it isn't), I'm displaying the same behaviors as you, Basel, and yet I am voteworthy. 

Logic lapse on the vote I feel. Mafia trying to get in whilst parroting the logic of others and trying to dress it up as his own.

Have some context. Note the tone. I'm pointing out the logic flaw. Why did you snip that in such a way?

Despo's Q's

1. Meh. Still don't think I've seen you put out a list like that that early. -Maybe not. Maybe so. *shrug* Don't know heh.
2. This seems like waffling to me. First you make it seem like you weren't buddying her at all, then you give us a Michael J. Lawyerstein answer? You were trying to flatter her, bro. You brought up something that wasn't really relevant to this game, something that at first glance appeared to be you saying something positive about her play in a diff game, even though you're now trying to quibble about how you were remarking on her activity level, even tho you never mentioned her activity level in the initial remark. Not buying it. - I ain't trying to quible anything. I'm saying what I said and my intentions. And waffling? I try and be pretty concise. I don't think I've waffled. I don't even know what the question is here. Are you accusing me of buddying cindy? Like you have been? And does that then make you mafia too, if I am?
3. "I saw something interesting (in that there wasn't really anything interesting) and got my opinions out". I'm just going to let this sentence speak for itself. "Hey guys, look at this suspicious behavior" is the message and you are smart enough to know that. 
4. The problem was there wasn't really much actual data you were collating there. There was nothing solid, nothing substantial, it was all a jello-ey mess of half-hearted fos's that were dismissed in the same breath, or negated by a winkie emoticon. Vis a vis (moar +1's?!  :laugh:), it looked and still looks like an attempt at looking like you were scumhunting. -Already said it. I never made any claim that any of them were scum. And you don't think I'm scumhunting this game that must make you very relieved :wink: That list is entirely to show that I AM watching and taking note. What else do you want? 

@DESPO

Why am I drawing attention to it?

So, you think the mod might miss the fact that three people now have triggered whatever bad news it is?

I'm saying CS's mess up is a scum slip. You say nothing on it, tunnel on me after some "Ok he might be town" business, and then try and paint the fact that I'm pointing it out as a bad thing?

What about Cindy?

OK, now that's low. I'd never lie about something lie that.

And yes it did, indeed.

What I did was:

Click on quick reply.

Turn editor mode on.

Paste the blue text right from Talya's post above it.

It showed blue on my editor screen, but when posted, it showed bold only.

BLAST THEM

I don't think it was a slip for either if them, I don't think the consequences are mod kills. I think the consequences might not be considered bad by the people triggering for them.

and I do think it should be pointed out cause unless it ends up being something like a silly post restriction, I'm going to be worried about the people who walked into replicators and fired blanks.

And yes it did, indeed.

What I did was:

Click on quick reply.

Turn editor mode on.

BLAST THEM

Proof: 

Screenshot BoldBlue

BLAST THEM.

This isn't why you're copping heat. You are under it because of a throwaway vote on me, which was commented on by I think most everyone who voted you. 

This is reading like a "woe is me" play.

You seem awfully quick to assume my vote is a throwaway. I'm voting you because I think you are scum. That doesn't qualify as a throwaway.

I'll admit that Basel hasn't responded as well as you have to pressure, but then Basel is just kinda like that. Rare to see him fight his own lynch that strenuously.

The best defense is a good offense, IMO. This opinion is bolstered by many, many games of experience where any slightest attempt to defend myself from heat has resulted in calling me out for "overreacting", "panicking", or somesuch... a card which I generally loathe playing myself cause it seems like an asshat move.

@deas, what precedent is there for the consequences for a trigger trap being mod kills?

among the smiley faces, the niceness, the not putting on a barrage of scumminess, the total lack of emo... I'm not getting any town read on you.

and yes, the color responses within the quotes are hard to read.

csarmi, I've seen you make a lot of code fails. enough to have learned how not to c/p colored text. it's sort of basic mafia coding.

it's possible this was one of those mistakes, but unless you're getting a personal insult off questioning every play you make in a game, I don't see demanding apologies. no ones called you any names.

And yes it did, indeed.

What I did was:

Click on quick reply.

Turn editor mode on.

BLAST THEM

This happened to me as well.

btw I pointed it out first.

why aren't you responding the same way to me?

I won't be apologizing for it, either.

You're right, I'm asking you to apologize too. 

There's a type of sh*t I won't put up with in a maffia game. 

Technical issues and RL issues don't belong to a game. I'm certainly right to take offense if someone claims I'm lying about those sort of things. I'M pissed off. Will try to cool down and see what I will do.

CS, I'm not going to apologize. Had I accused you of being a liar about a migraine or other real life circumstances, I would understand. And I wouldn't do that, regardless.

However I'm accusing you of a deliberate coding fail, something well within the bounds of the mafia playbook. 

Come on man. This is way OTT. 

btw I pointed it out first.

why aren't you responding the same way to me?

I won't be apologizing for it, either.

You're right, I'm asking you to apologize too. 

There's a type of sh*t I won't put up with in a maffia game. 

Technical issues and RL issues don't belong to a game. I'm certainly right to take offense if someone claims I'm lying about those sort of things. I'M pissed off. Will try to cool down and see what I will do.

Pour something strong.  

Archived