DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Despothera's House of the Undead Mafia! Game over! Town wins!!!!!

hazelkrs1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiink's been pretty quiet since it happened.  I don't think wombat was targeted, just a feeling, so that leaves bg, berf and tiink...  If you're not lying about your whole vote thing, then I think BG would be the next best bet.

Vote BG

Tiink's been pretty quiet since it happened. I don't think wombat was targeted, just a feeling, so that leaves bg, berf and tiink... If you're not lying about your whole vote thing, then I think BG would be the next best bet.

Vote BG

What are you talking about?

I think I picked up some symp signaling by BG on D1.

The stuff about H1N1 and zombie infection as well as his statement that he knew Darthe was at least 1/3 correct.  At the time I took that as BG obviously referring to himself as town, but I think it may have been a subtle hint.

I still don't trust Berf.  Hallia seems to be too out of it to be scum.  Could be an act, but idk.  Tiink is pretty null right now.  He has some good votes but could have been bussing.  Don't think he was though given the amount of crap Yates gave him.

Thing is, I think Yates was actively looking for symp signals.  So maybe they knew that Infect only worked on a symp.  In that case, it's not just anyone who could have been infected.  Yeah, thinkin BG.

Vote: BG

Official Vote Count:

With 5 left, it takes 3 to lynch.

Berf: BG (1)

BG: Berf, Hallia, Wombat (3)

Not Voting: Tiinker (1)

It is now Day. Day 8 deadline is here

That's a lynch! Unfortunately I got date night with the missus tonight, so I'm afraid the scene will have to wait for later. Thank you for your patience!

Wombat the Seer clutched her hair in vexation. She knew today's decision was an important one; the numbers of those who had entered the castle had dwindled down so low that if they made the wrong choice today then the situation would become dire indeed. She cursed her crystal ball, which hadn't been as helpful the past few nights that she had consulted it. She wouldn't be able to rely on her arcane arts for any help this day.

To compound things, after so many deaths, the villagers left did not seem to have near as much energy as when they first arrived. Several seemed to be going through the motions, perhaps eager for any end, not just a happy one. Because of this Wombat didn't even have much to read the others on. Fortunately, she had a wondrous memory, and she mentally flipped back a few pages days and sat deep in a trance while recycling everything that had happened the first few days. After a few minutes, her eyes shot back open.

She looked towards Boris. The man had already gotten the attention of a couple of others, but also seemed somewhat preoccupied as well so hadn't responded yet. But that was not important, what was important was what Wombat had remembered Boris saying after first arriving at the castle. He had made some slightly flippant remarks about protecting himself from viruses, and altogether throughout the "game" that they had been forced to play the man had seemed almost too assured of his own innocence.

Wombat finally decided the time had come. She had walked away from the others to clear her head earlier, the implications of the decision proving to be too much for her. Now however, their were no doubts or thoughts of caution running through her head, and she decided that she would act while her head remained clear. Strike while the iron was hot, if you will. She had heard the blacksmith, the one who was revealed to be one of the monsters, say that phrase before, and thinking of him again gave her an interesting idea.

She had seen him bring a hefty hammer of his, one that was adorned with beautiful inscriptions, with him into the castle. Yet when he had been set upon by the mob of villagers, he didn't use the hammer against any of his attackers. Glancing around, Wombat noticed it right beside the area where the floor had opened up underneath Peace, and she walked over and picked it up.

The moment she did, she felt a powerful energy course through her, and looked down at the weapon. The enscriptions were faintly glowing, and although they first shined with a slightly reddish hue, the color faded out before her eyes. While she kept gazing at it however, they had started glowing again, only this time they were shining with a noticably blue color. Feeling herself suddenly emboldened, she decided this would be the weapon she would use. It was only fitting to use a weapon originally designed for one of Despothera's own minions to end the life of someone who may potentially be another of his minions. And with any luck, this would be the last individual that would have to be struck down.

Wombat strode forward, feeling more revitalized with every step. Boris Grishinko was sitting on a couch in front of her, his back to her. He was sitting in a mostly upright position, and his tray table was stored safely in the love seat in front of him. With a gypsy cry and a flourish of the hammer, Wombat brought the enchanted weapon down as hard as she could upon his head. The skull caved in instantly, and with it a rotten stench and a group of maggots poured out of it. The facade of Boris crumbled away as well, revealing the decaying flesh underneath.

Their wasn't enough time to truly enjoy the revelation however, because with the impact of the hammer on Mr. Grishinko's skull, something had started to happen in the house. Tremors could be felt all around, and a deep rumbling was accompanied by a slowly growing wail of pain. Those left from the village got close together and clutched each other for protection, thinking there might be one last hidden trick for them left behind by the madman. Cracks started to appear on walls nearby, and doorways and on floors and all over really. A white ethereal light filled the cracks as well, and as the cracks grew in number the wailing seemed to be pushed back by a new sound, a hum which quickly grew into a glorious sound like the sound of trumpets blasting or the heavens being created.

They all closed their eyes as the brightness and the sound grew to immense proportions, and as they all heard a sudden explosion all around them, they squeezed each other even tighter. The explosion was followed by an eery calm, a surprisingly quiet moment after the cacophany that had preceded it. One by one, they slowly began to open their eyes, and looked around them.

The castle was gone, and in it's place their was a rather cheerful looking meadow. Off to one corner their stood a copse that had a number of graves (nine to be precise), and without being able to see the headstones, Wombat knew they were for those innocent lives who had perished within the castle. And yet, although the sight was a somber one indeed, she realized that she couldn't feel too much sorrow for them at the moment, not when the natural sunlight shining down upon her and the gentle sounds of the meadow had filled her with such elation.

The survivors all looked at eachother and smiled somewhat sheepishly, some rolling their eyes. They were happy to be free of the castle for sure, and even happier that they had apparently succeeded in their mission to rid the town of it's Undead pest.

And yet, they thought collectively, did he HAVE to end the game with yet another giant cliche?

BG: Villager turned into Zombie Goon, is now dead.

The town has won!

Alright so, first I guess I shall assign points! (and show all roles hehe)

1. Ithi - Perceval, Holy Avenger - 20 pts
2. Turin - Zombie - 15 pts
3. Peace - Werewolf - 15 pts
4. Tiinker - Villager - 20 pts
5. Mish - Van Helsing, Vampire Hunter - 20 pts
6. Wombat - Seer - 20 pts
7. Berf - Unknowing Thrall - 20 pts
8. Rorschach - Villager - 20 pts
9. Basel - Vampire - 15 pts
10. Maw - Despothera - 15 pts
11. Hallia - Villager - 20 pts
12. Darthe - Villager - 20 pts
13. Yates - Rockstar - 15 pts
14. Dice - Healer - 20 pts
15. Cloud - Solomon, Werewolf Hunter - 20 pts
16. Ed - Villager - 0 pts
17. RTE - Mrs. Bruce, Conservative Parent - 25 pts (for achieving personal win condition)

18. BG - Villager turned into Zombie Goon - 15 pts

19. Leyrann - Villager - 20 pts

I can post the Dead thread/Mod QT as well, right here. Still waiting on approval from the mafia members to release their QT.

Might as well also show the role PM's as well, will spoiler them for ya so this post doesn't get too huge.

You are Despothera, a Vampire Werewolf Zombie Rockstar. You are the Mack Daddy of the mafia team. You may end one phase early once in the game, whether it be day phase or night. Message me through this role pm or the QT for when you would like to end phase early. If it is day phase, the time of your pm or message in the QT will supercede any other votes or unvotes that come after your message. If you end phase at night, then only the mafia's Night Actions will go through that night, regardless of when any other Night Actions were submitted.

You are also extremely resilient, being a Master of multiple forms of the Undead and Awesome. You have the ability to withstand one (only one) Night Kill and still survive, and you also have the ability to survive one time (again, just once) if lynched.

You are a member of the mafia team. To win you must eliminate members of the town until your team has a voting majority in the game.

You are a Vampire. Your ability is Mesmerize: You may select one target at night, and control their vote however you would like the next day phase. You may change it as many times as you like within that phase, just message me in the role pm to do so.

You are a member of the mafia team. To win you must eliminate members of the town until your team has a voting majority in the game.

You are a Werewolf. Your ability is Enrage (2 shot use): When you use this ability (only usable at night), anybody who targets you that night will have a chance to instantly perish. The chance for them to do so goes down the more people that target you; ie if one person targets you their is a 100% chance they will die, if two people do so their is a 50% chance for each of them, etc. Be careful when using this ability however, for it weakens your lifeforce and makes it so you will only require half the votes needed to lynch you the next day.

You are a Zombie. Your ability is Infect (1 shot use): You may select one target once in the game, and attempt to corrupt them by biting them. If successful, they will be recruited to your team and will gain access to the QT. If it fails, you will not be able to convert anyone to your cause. Choose wisely...

You are a Rockstar. Your ability is Distract With Awesome Bass Guitar Solo: You may select a target at night and perform a private show for that person, preventing them from performing any night actions or abilities that night. Basically you're a Roleblocker.

You are Van Helsing. Your ability is Stake: Every night, you must choose a player in the game, and attempt to drive a stake through their heart. If they are a Vampire, they will be Night Killed. If they are not, then nothing happens. You have protection from certain abilities that a Vampire might employ against you.

You are a member of the Town. To win you must eliminate all threats to the town.

Personal Win Condition: If at any point in the game you night kill a Vampire, then you win, even if your team loses.

You are Solomon, the Werewolf Hunter. Your ability is Slay With Silver: Every night, you must choose a player in the game, and attempt to slay that person with silver (sword, bullet, whatever your fancy). If your target is a Werewolf, they will be night killed. If they are not, then nothing happens. You have protection from certain abilities that a Werewolf might employ against you.

You are a member of the Town. To win you must eliminate all threats to the town.

Personal Win Condition: If at any point in the game you night kill a Werewolf, then you win, even if your team loses.

You are Perceval, a Holy Avenger. Because your heart was purest of all the Knights of Camelot, you were able to be granted the gift of The Grail, and as such your ability is Cleanse: Every night, you must choose a player in the game, and attempt to cleanse their spirit. If your target is a Zombie, they will be night killed. If they are not, then nothing happens. You have protection from certain abilities that a Zombie might use against you.

Personal Win Condition: If at any point in the game you night kill a Zombie, then you win, even if your team loses.

You are Mrs. Bruce, a Conservative Parent. You will make sure to prevent the youth of the world from being CORRUPTED by the sinful sounds of rock musicians, and as such your ability is Shut Down Concert: Every night you must choose a player in the game, and attempt to shut down a concert they might be performing. If your target is a Rockstar, they will be night killed. If they are not, then nothing happens. You have protection from certain abilities that a Rockstar might use against you.

Personal Win Condition: If at any point in the game you night kill a Rockstar, then you win, even if your team loses.

You are the Seer. Your ability is Clairvoyance: You may select one target a night and ascertain whatever abilities they might have. A bit of warning: You will not receive direct alignment information from your viewings, so you must make the right judgement on whether or not their abilities indicate that they are town or not. Your role is of vital importance to the town however, and as such you have a one time use Bullet Proof Vest, which makes you immune to any Night Kill the first time someone targets you. You also have protection from certain abilities the mafia team may employ against you...

You are the Healer. Your ability is Protect: You may select one player a night and protect that individual. If your target is targeted by any night kills that night, they will survive to see the light of the next day. You may protect yourself, or protect the same individual on consecutive nights. You also have protection from certain abilities the mafia team may employ against you.

You are the Curious Villager. You have no ability, and you seek to rid your town of the enemies which harass it as well as the others who ventured into the house with you. However, you have a certain... affinity for the occult and the dark arts. As such, you are somewhat at greater risk than your fellow compatriots. You must tread wisely, or your actions may end up benefiting the opposing team...

You are a Villager. You have no abilities (vanilla)

The Curious Villager was the one who would be turned into an Unknowing Thrall, and tbh this role was my one big regret with this game. Perhaps I shouldn't have hinted in the pm as to the true nature of the role, and instead just said he was a villager. Regardless, I wasn't happy with how it turned out. I don't fault the player who got it for playing carefully, but the drawback to playing this way was that the mafia team would more easily figure out who their thrall was this way, and could end up VC'ing him to turn him into a thrall. Unfortunately, although they were able to Vote Control him (the Mesmerize ability), he wasn't on before the hammer dropped so he couldn't change his vote to who they wanted him to. Once again, I don't fault the player for this occurence, it wasn't his fault they weren't online in time.

But it did frustrate me that a role I designed as a negative utility role for the town, to help balance the game, not only didn't trigger, but because of the VC thing he became close to modconfirmed. Oh well. I ended up deciding not to tweak it any more because the mafia team lost their VC'er fairly early on, which was kinda their own fault, so it seemed to me that while it was unfortunate for the mafia team, it was partially brought on by themselves as well. I also don't plan on using another vote control ability anytime in the future, it was somewhat nervewracking trying to implement it as I did.

Other than that tho, I had a tremendous amount of fun with my first modding experience, and I'm really glad I finally got my own, and that so many players helped contribute towards it being a fun game.

Now please let me know if there are any other questions you have, or some suggestions/critiques to help me out with any modding ventures in the future.

:biggrin:

Ooh I don't think I put this in up there- the Unknowing Thrall role was triggered if the Curious Villager had their vote on a mafioso at the end of any day phase (unless that mafioso was lynched and killed). Once they were triggered, they would act as a sort of bodyguard for that mafioso that they had voted for. If their master had been targeted for a kill or lynched, the Thrall would die in their stead. The mafia team knew of the role's existence, but not its identity.

Hehe yeah I thought that would be somewhat amusing. At first it seemed a complete gimmick, but as I developed the idea I actually thought it could make for an interesting setup, and I figured the scenes would be very fun to write, what with all the heroes shooting at targets and such.

Some other things of not:

Random.org def pulled an interesting move in giving Ithi and Turin the Zombieslayer/Zombie roles respectively. This became even funnier when one of Ithi's first posts called out Turin and said he was a zombie lol. It was also very lucky for the mafia team that they had Turin, they were fairly close to trying to recruit Ithi but Turin said it might be better to NK her instead. It's a good thing too, because Ithi was immune to Infect, so the recruit would have failed and they would have lost that opportunity to gain an extra player.

The other roles that were immune to Infect were the Healer and Seer (Doc and Cop). And each Heroic Vig was immune to their counterpart's ability. Van Helsing couldn't be Mesmerized (VC), Mrs. Bruce couldn't be Distracted by a Bass Solo (RB, which the mafia team tried to use on her), and Solomon wouldn't have been affected by Enrage, i.e. had he targeted Peace when Peace was using the ability, he wouldn't have died.

Speaking of Enrage, lemme touch on the things that were changed about the setup before the game began. I consulted DPR about balancing the game, and there were a couple of changes- originally the Enrage ability was a little more powerful. There were no percentages, if anyone targeted the Werewolf when he was Enraging, they would die. Basically he was a glorified PGO. Was still a 2 shot ability, still made him more vulnerable to lynch the day after using it. DPR thought this was too powerful, so he suggested nerfing it (I employed a diff nerf than the initial one he suggested). He also had me give the Seer a BPV. And in return for both of these, he suggested taking out another town PR I originally had in the game: a Dreamer. I figured the Dreamer wouldn't be as powerful as normal, since there were so many roles that would be targeting people (the Dreamer receives no Dreams if they are targeted that night). Oh, and he suggested making more town PR's immune to Infect. All things considered, I kinda wish I had left it as it was originally.

Ed made a great move for town, by false-claiming a vote restrictive type role. Berf had basically revealed his role early in the game, day 2 I believe. The mafia team was going to VC him and make a Thrall, but they ended up being tempted to VC Ed instead to see what "bad juju" would befall town if he was made to vote and not be the hammer. However, I explicitly instructed anyone that was Mesmerized that they could not reveal or hint in ANY way that they were being vote controlled. Towards the end, Ed made it pretty obvious that he was being VC'ed, so unfortunately I had to Modkill him. I had also warned him beforehand that I might employ other punishments against town if he revealed or hinted at the VC. I was prepared to make town NA's less effective that night (percentage based), but Maw putting out that wifomy post after he was hammered made me decide not to do that.

Mafia RB'ed Wombat N1, but never did again after that hehe. Ooooh speaking of, I didn't post NA results. I shall fetch those momentarily.

As for the scenes containing info, I'm happy with how that came out. I don't feel it gave either side an unreasonable advantage of any kind; both sides had opportunities to glean important info out of scenes. And I meant what I said in the rules, some of the stuff that happened in scenes was entirely flavor.

I decided when making the setup that with all the town Heroic Vigs, the regular town PR's might have to be nerfed a bit. I settled on giving them somewhat non-traditional role names, and making Wombat more of a flavor/role cop than a normal cop. He didn't get aligment info as yall know, he had to judge from the names of the abilities whether or not his target was clean or not. Incidentally, not sure if I put this down anywhere, but had he viewed Despo (Maw), he would have had a nightmare and would have been unable to post that day phase. Going along with the same concept, town had to kinda figure out what abilities were from the names given in coroner reports, and I think they would have figured it out in every circumstance except maybe with Peace's role (Enrage). Had someone asked, I would have hinted a bit more.

Yates' false claim as Ash from the Evil Dead really made me wish I had included him for real as a third party or something mebbe hehe. I liked the randomness of the other named characters in the game tho (Van Helsing, Solomon from the Red Riding Hood, werewolf stories, Perceval from Arthurian legend for the zombieslayer, since he was the one who got the Grail, and finally Mrs. Bruce from Detroit Rock City lol).

N1:

Ithi ==> Cleanse Maw with Holy Water
RTE ==> Shut Down BG's Concert (no effect)
Cloud ==> Slay Darthe with Silver (no effect)
Mish ==> Stake Ithi in the heart (no effect)

Wombat ==> View Basel
Dice ==> Protect Dice

Turin ==> Kill Ithi
Turin ==> Recruit BG
Yates ==> Distract Wombat with Bass Solo
Peace ==> Holster
Basel ==> Mesmerize Darthe

Results:
Ithi strips Maw of his "unkillable" cloak. He can now be NK'ed. Dun dun DUNNN!!!
Ithi is NK'ed by Turin (what fools these mortals be)
BG is recruited (natural for him considering his default alignment is eeeevil mafia)
Wombat would have seen that Basel can Mesmerize, but fortunately/unfortunately he was unable to view him because he was being distracted by an awesome bass solo (not quite as good as Jaco, but still awesome)
Darthe is now being Mesmerized by Basel (they gaze into eachother's eyes long enough to make everyone uncomfortable). Oh yeah, and his vote can now be controlled during the entirety of Day 2.

N2:

Maw ==> Kill Darthe
Basel ==> Mesmerize Ed
Maw ==> End Phase

Wombat ==> Scry Basel

Results:
Darthe dies
Ed is successfully mesmerized
Wombat doesn't get time to finish scrying on Basel, because Maw ends the phase early. No other NA's would have been accepted because of the phase end.

N3:

Basel ==> VC Berf
Yates ==> RB RTE
Yates ==> NK RTE
Peace ==> Holster

Mish ==> Stake Dice (no effect)
Cloud ==> Slay Yates with Silver (no effect)
RTE ==> Shut down Yates' concert (successful)

Wombat ==> Scry Basel (Mesmerize)
Dice ==> Protect Mish

Results:
Yates and RTE kill each other. Yates' RB fails because RTE is immune to bass solos, somehow
Basel has control of Berf's vote Day 4
Wombat finds out Basel can Mesmerize

N4:

BG ==> NK Mish
Peace ==> Use Enrage (1 shot left)

Mish ==> Stake Cloud (nothing happens)
Cloud ==> Slay Dice with Silver (nothing happens)

Wombat ==> Scry BG (no ability)
Dice ==> Protect Dice

Results:
Mish dies. Pretty much it lol.
Oh, and Wombat finds out BG has no abilities.

N5:

Peace ==> Kill Wombat

Cloud ==> Slay BG with Silver (no effect)

Wombat ==> Scry Hallia
Dice ==> Protect Dice

Results:
Wombat's BPV nullifies the kill on him, so he stays alive, BPV now gone
Wombat finds out Hallia has no abilities

N6:

Turin ==> Kill Dice

Cloud ==> Slay BG with Silver (no effect)

Wombat ==> Scry Tiinker
Dice ==> Protect Wombat

Results:
Wombat finds out Tiinker has no abilities
Dice is NK'ed

N7:

BG ==> Kill Cloud

Cloud ==> didn't submit NA in time (wouldn't have mattered, no werewolves left to slay)

Wombat ==> Scry Berf

Results:

BG kills Cloud
Wombat finds out Berf has no abilities

Lol sorry BG. I couldn't let you come back and use your evil powers of persuasion. You might've convinced me to vote Berf. Had a strong town read on Hallia, but you prob woulda killed me next anyways.

@Des: That's sorta the problem with vote control in general. Even if the player doesn't hint, it's pretty obvious. Darthe didn't hint but given his out of the blue vote, I was pretty sure he was controlled. Same with Berf. You can't really force players to make cases they don't believe. It's too bad cuz Vampires should be able to do that.

As for the setup, I thought each side had a fairly equal chance of winning, but it was a bit swingy for my taste. The mafia had a lynchproof a possible symp and a recruit while the town had 4 targeted vigs. Too many ways for that to go wrong imo. We only voted to lynch a townie twice in the whole game but it was still very close. On the other hand, had the vigs gotten luckier, mafia could have been steamrolled by D3. Very good job for your first time though imo. I enjoyed the game thoroughly. The theme and flavor were terrific.

Archived