DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

June Sign in!

U4ea

My favorite memory is the day we dreamed it up and sketched everything that we needed to do to become a Discussion Group, and, eventually, an Organization here at Dragonmount. The Kin was founded on the idea that everyone, at some point in their life here at DM, needs a break from big-group drama and that there really wasn't a place that really represented that break without losing folks along the way. We created this "Safe Haven" for Dragonmount to catch all of the "runaways" and "turned outs" from various groups, a little renegade group of people who refused to let drama run them away from a place they loved. In time, we noticed that people came to the Kin, joined us, hung out and calmed down and wandered back to their original homes. We call this a public service for DM! LOL 

I love that, eight years after we dreamed this group up, we're still a "safe haven" even if you haven't hit the drama in other groups. I love that people join us because they are interested in the fun stuff we have going on and the coziness that makes up our home here at DM. What I love most, though, is that the basic feel of the Kin has never changed. We've been bigger, we've been smaller. We've been busy, we've suffered through the drought in the economy, and we've still come together to be what we love most in people: Kin. 

In the eight years since we founded this place, I seem to be one of the few still standing. I don't regret it and it has been my primary goal since the Kin was born to keep it moving and happy. 

I want to thank all of you for helping me keep that as true today as it was eight years ago!

Tai'Shar, Kin SG! 

Here!!!!!

I Know I'm not as active here as I should be. So I don't really have a favorite memory. I do know that no matter how long it's been or how sporadic I'm here I can always find my friends here waiting for me.

I do really need to be active here more. Maybe I need a designated poker for when I've been away too long.  :laugh:

Well, I've been here for about two years.  I loved the Kin from the first moment I got here.  The Kin offers friendships with people from everywhere at DM, fun things to do and a smaller feel as well as a comfortable place to just be.

You may be one of the few still standing from 8 years, Lor, but from now on, I'll be standing with you.

You used to be the MoN, didn't you?  Lol, the position is open again.

here! Yes, I know. Shocker :tongue:

Oof.... my favorite moment.... There were many actually. I specifically like(d) all the activities that were aimed at helping people in real life. Twin was the driving force behind that at the time and she rocked at it.

And I love that you can be gone for as long as you need and still always find a welcome back here when you show up. 't is the Zen place of DM. :)

I have a very bad memory and I can't really remember the specific 'things' but I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I come here. Its the one place on DM where I don't feel like I need to be doing something. Not that I don't want to hang out, but every where else I always felt some level of needing to do something, be it impress someone, raise through the ranks, start a popular topic, help someone somehow, whatever. I never get that feeling of needing to do something. I can just come here when I want to, do something or not, and if I don't show up for a while its never a big mess when I come back and I never feel awkward about coming back after being gone. 

Hi!

Favorite memory.... picking just one? That's kind of evil. lol. I really just enjoy coming here and having good conversations and mellowing when the world is crazy. Though the year I did that pile of thread ideas for the Faire we were part of (was that June of last year? the year before? It's been a while). 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived