DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turin needs another person to verify a mason claim. So a mason must be someone who is allowed outside of the thread communication for it to work as a claim

So masons are either that, or mafia faking

Therefore if they are not mafia, the mafia know they are masons.

Now lets look at what you are doing, you are saying lynch Turin to verify him. Well do that and Arez is sure to be NKd

The only reason that hasn't happened yet if they are masons is cos the mafia would rather lynch one than waste a kill

So lynching him would potentially clear you and help get rid of two possibly confirmed town players (your viewing doesn't confirm them IMO)

So lynching you Would give far more info. It would help clear the masons, and we wouldn't be losing a PR since it was a one shot, and you are likely mafia

This pretty up sums up the logic behind my vote RTE.  I don't know when he said lynch Turin though.

You never said it outright but you are an unverifiable cop unless we lynch you, Turin, or Arez.

I have no doubt in the next few pages or posts you would of said "check me claim, lynch one of the masons"

Them not being mafia makes them town. Right ok. So then how do two town players just happen to decide to claim mason together with no agreement on thread and no communication off thread?

That is probably the weakest claim I have ever thought of. You claim a 1-shot cop so you don't have to use it again, and if you are mafia, you would already know that they are masons. This way you don't have to make anymore confirmed innocents and you don't have to out mafia. Also, you can now ride all the way through the game. And you claim PR right after Chuckles says he will kill you, yet don't claim your actual role until after night is done and all the results of that have been given. vote RTE

Also, thats two nights with no mafia kills? I get a strange feeling that there is another mechanic in this game we are unaware of. Same question as Dap, was that you Chuckles?

How do you know the kill wasn't a failed mafia attempt?

It is very good that no townies died during the night. I am willing to just be happy about that. I would prefer that no one come forward unless they have information that directly points out a mafia member.

Dap, RTE never stated that one of the masons needed to be lynched to vet him. That would make no sense anyway. If he already used his shot he is just as vanilla as we are. More so.

Also he had hinted heavily before chuckles stated he intended to shoot him. So it was not an immediate jump to claim a pr just after dap said he would avoid lynching pr. That all said I had the impression that he had viewed someone else. Likely chuckles as they were going back and forth.

All in all I still think dap is mafia and my vote starts there.

vote dap

That is probably the weakest claim I have ever thought of. You claim a 1-shot cop so you don't have to use it again, and if you are mafia, you would already know that they are masons. This way you don't have to make anymore confirmed innocents and you don't have to out mafia. Also, you can now ride all the way through the game. And you claim PR right after Chuckles says he will kill you, yet don't claim your actual role until after night is done and all the results of that have been given. vote RTE

Also, thats two nights with no mafia kills? I get a strange feeling that there is another mechanic in this game we are unaware of. Same question as Dap, was that you Chuckles?

How do you know the kill wasn't a failed mafia attempt?

It is very good that no townies died during the night. I am willing to just be happy about that. I would prefer that no one come forward unless they have information that directly points out a mafia member.

Dap, RTE never stated that one of the masons needed to be lynched to vet him. That would make no sense anyway. If he already used his shot he is just as vanilla as we are. More so.

Also he had hinted heavily before chuckles stated he intended to shoot him. So it was not an immediate jump to claim a pr just after dap said he would avoid lynching pr. That all said I had the impression that he had viewed someone else. Likely chuckles as they were going back and forth.

All in all I still think dap is mafia and my vote starts there.

vote dap

I don't, I'm just getting this feeling because there wasn't any kills for two nights in the row, and the first nights at that.  Makes me feel like something is going on that we don't know about.

Someone asked about Maw's role, looks like he had the night kill and someone stopped him and he was then killed. 

If I had a one shot cop role, I would have viewed one of the Mason team as well. I didn't like the way RTE soft claimed though. I will have to reread that bit in a mo. 

And dap, You should second guess what people are going to say, if RTE was going to say it, you should have let him and he would have looked scum. now we will never know, and if he is telling the truth, then you are putting words in his mouth he was probably never going to say to make him look mafia. 

There is another scenerio (quite far fetched, however I will still say it). RTE is Mafia, was worried about getting nightkilled by chuckles and so soft claims. then when he claims he says he was a one shot cop, sounds plausible enough especially when he says about Turin being town. However it could be Turin and Arez are mafia with him. If he is then lynched and turns up mafia they still look good, because it looks like he was saving his butt with the claim anyway. Turin and Arez still look town. It could also mean that Rand or Dap are mafia as well by trying to get RTE lynch and make sure it's because they believe he was lying and showing how easy it was for RTE to make it all up. One heck of Gambit if true.

Thought I would put in the two vote counts.

Final Vote Count of Day 1 (Vote Count 9):

Cloud (1/10): Turin
Dap (2/10): Chuckles, Arez
Mish (10/10): Rand, Talya, Mish, Cloud, Maw, Ithi, Ed, Dice, Len, Nol
Chuckles (1/10): RTE

Not voting (4/18):
ruh, snow, ley, dap

A lynch has been achieved with 8.5 hours to spare.

Day Two Final Vote Count:

Chuckles (2/9): RTE, Cloud

Nol (9/9): Maw, Turin, Arez, Ithi, Mish 2.0, Hally, Chuckles, Len, Talya

Maw (1/9): Nol

RTE (1/9): Dap

Not voting (4/17):

Ed, Dice, Rand, Ley

Two hours to spare. 

Omg Dap how on earth did you manage to do that?!!!

It's RTE's turn tomorrow I think.

Why, maybe we could see more of your views. I do remember you saying that you can't use your views of day 1 because you are a different person...really? If you were vanilla town then you should have similar views about what you saw. The only reason things might look different is if you are Third party or mafia.

I can agree with that

you still have yet to show a case instead od a string of posts FOSing and voting him
if that counts as a case you can cllaim youve cased mostt peeople in most games

turin said, casing doesn't mean loads of quotes, not everyone is comfortable with them and don't do them, doesn't mean they aren't casing. This to and fro between RTE was a bit of a silly argument, I could see his point of view. You seem to be saying, if someone doesn't case like you do, they aren't casing.

So if nol was such a hinderance to the mafia why did you help lynch him?

The BS isnt your thoughts on chuckled earlier. Its the recebt stuff
"ive cased him"
"dap is lazzy annd not readinng the thread"
"ect

As RTE said, he wasn't on that lynch, if he isn't on the lynch he can't help lynch him can he. then you back peddle by saying he still pushed Nols lynch, even though he was on Chuckles.

I donnt mean to say you necer said anything
i quotted youre posts so thats just not true. I said you never did a case, you seem adamant you did

now as i said, not lazy, RL. The cases still have the same amount of worj in them, there are just less of them this game

if you had said ive posted my thoughts on why he is scummy, that would be ok, just dont expect otthers to follow
bbut you said you cased him, you said you had cassed (like me and Hally [so i expect quotes and stuff in one or two posts])
Then you got mad when asked to prove it and went quiet for over a day till after i did my case

mafia like to oretend they case, its why people find it harder to velieve you ate mafia whenn you do case. So my issue with yoy isnt that you had ann unfounded reason to vote chuckles. Its that you are pretendibg you cased him and gettiinng mad when you get called out

also you called nol scummy abd nnudged it a little
you didbt really stop it or trry too
too focused on chuckles (but you ssid you wete willing to switcg, big wooop.. It would be stupid not to)

willing to switch vote, isn't pushing it. 

I wanna shoot tonight but I'm afraid I might hit the cop or any other power role, anyways I think ill pick RTE, you have about 9 hours or so till I get back from school, give me some reason to not shoot

Asking for a reveal here. And we wondered why RTE claimed (soft calim as it was). Not a good move of chuckles to do this, put RTE in an awkward position

I wanna shoot tonight but I'm afraid I might hit the cop or any other power role, anyways I think ill pick RTE, you have about 9 hours or so till I get back from school, give me some reason to not shoot

Happy I saw this before bed.

Because you'll hit a PR.

Not exactly a full PR, but good enough if you are telling the truth. 

At quic one to Rand - You really shouldn't skim, the people I have cased (Mish and Chuckles) did not say they were suspicious of me. I will defend things if I believe them to be false or people getting things wrong...just like you have. 

For the moment I believe RTE and Dap is looking suspicious. Chuckles could still be mafia, off'd a very lurking mafia player who actually said he was really busy. 

Talya I never said anything like that. The only thing I've mentioned about Mish1.0/day 1 that I couldn't comment on was this:

I'm baaaaaack! Ok, I've been following along, but I'm gonna read again now from the start of N1. I think Chuckles is the one looking worst atm. That has nothing to do with my predeccors views, it's all about Chuckles' play so far. But yeah, gonna read that, and then I might be going it, so it might be a few hours until I return.

i dont want to sound mean or anything, but you've just replaced the player i cased, and you yourself played scummy (as you put it on purpose) D1, whats the saying you guys use, pot meet kettle or something 

I know you cased Roo/me, and I'm not saying Roo played nice, he spammed and posted basically nothing useful. And no, I didn't play scummy on purpose D1; Mish1.0 did. ----- Not going out after all (movie I wanted to see today was sold out, grumbles) so just reread then.

You are putting words in my mouth that's not even remotley close to anything I've said. Big FoS on you for that.

RTE, I find it hard to believe, that you with your insistance that Chuckles was the way to go D1, would view anyone but him.

I know cases don't have to be lots of quotes. But what RTE has done is not casing in my book. You need to put a bunch of thoughts in a post and show some kind of evidence to case, for me that's quotes, doesn't have to be.

As for pushing a lynch without being on it. Please. I'm pretty sure I had my hand in every lynch in the Indiana game and I wasn't on some of those. I've done it before as town too but it's more of a mafia tactic to stay distant from a lynch.

It is possible to get someone lynched without a vote from yourself

As for that gambit idea. Sounds fun. Risks too many mafia members in my opinion though so it's more desperation if it is a gambit than a play.

Still possible though

An assassin describes at least two different roles:

The version created by Dragon Phoenix is a Mafia Goon with the ability to make one or more daykills. It has also been used under other names.

In mith's version, the Assassin recieves a target from the Mafia each night, and tries to get this player lynched. Another variant can have his vote bought several times during the game.

So I googled maw's role and tbh I don't really get what its supposed to be

Archived