DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

I'm not so sure of that. She might have voted you like "I'm catched, but I'll go after a teammate to make her look town". But of course she might also have wanted to make us think that, or maybe, etc. For me, such votes aren't worth anything and I normally ignore them. They could be both a last attempt to strike at a townie, an attempt to make someone look town, an attempt to make people think that, etc.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to hear from everyone before voting - If I have calculated correctly, we have until sometime mid Monday to make a decision.  With such a low vote count I want to be careful.

Kaylee - Seems like she is leaning RTE

Ley, Me and RTE - leaning Hallia, Ley voting Hallia

Hallia - leaning me, voting me

Maw and Song, what are your thoughts?

We lost our cop!

I'm going to be completely honest here and say for a while that as town, I think as a whole, but especially myself, we have gotten lazy with having Rand around. Especially after we realized that he was the real deal and that WoT was framed, it was easily to rely on him as he was protected by a bodyguard and very oddly not role-blocked. Therefore, in Rand I trusted, and he lived a long and successful life. Now here we are. I mentioned Niel because I was genuinely suspicious of him, but he turned out to be golden. 

I know some things with certainty: 1. I am town. 2. My death will only delay us and ultimately hurt us. 3. Killing me will not make me go away. I don't want to reveal anything more than that. So basically killing me won't rid you of me but it also won't get you any closer to getting rid of the scum. And yet I am town. Go Figure. 

So who does that leave us with?

Kaylee, Ley, Hallia, and WBK

Kaylee: I feel like Kaylee's playstyle always irks me and I have trouble reading her. She mentions me as a cheerleader on the Niel "sacrifice", but I feel Kaylee is very good at rehashing arguments and supporting the dominant and popular opinion. 

Ley: I'd say I have a strong town read on ley thus far

WBK: Need to look back before I give my opinion. Although I feel I've agreed with and found little trouble with most of his posting.

Hallia: I feel Hallia plays similarly to Kaylee in supporting popular ideas. I agree with WBK's post about the fence sitting. I have to do a more comprehensive reread of the last few pages and I will try to come back with clearer ideas about what I think our best next move is.

I'm not sure that I trust you. You seem to be working very hard to look like a townie, and that sorta-kinda-almost claim is one of the most perfect fake-claims for a mafia that I have ever seen.

At the moment I'm mostly feeling bad about Hallia because she didn't vote Chuckles at first. I'll do a partial reread (last 15-20 pages) tomorrow and give more thoughts. Now I'm off to bed.

Do you mean Cyan? This is what stood out to me. Hallia was hesitant to vote cyan after Rand viewed her. Hallia has also been fence sitting quite a bit. Fence sitting always makes me feel nervous.

Yes I meant Cyan. I was posting that at 10:45 PM...

>We lost our cop!

I'm going to be completely honest here and say for a while that as town, I think as a whole, but especially myself, we have gotten lazy with having Rand around. Especially after we realized that he was the real deal and that WoT was framed, it was easily to rely on him as he was protected by a bodyguard and very oddly not role-blocked. Therefore, in Rand I trusted, and he lived a long and successful life. Now here we are. I mentioned Niel because I was genuinely suspicious of him, but he turned out to be golden. 

I know some things with certainty: 1. I am town. 2. My death will only delay us and ultimately hurt us. 3. Killing me will not make me go away. I don't want to reveal anything more than that. So basically killing me won't rid you of me but it also won't get you any closer to getting rid of the scum. And yet I am town. Go Figure. 

Hm...

This sounds like a load of bullsh*t. "We lost our cop!" No shit Sherlock. First, we did not KNOW WoT was framed until Rand got Cyan. We just suspected it. Next, we did not know ANYTHINg about a bodyguard, nor did we know ANYTHING about him getting blocked or not.

I am not voting yet, but the only reason I'm holding back is because 3 people is reached really fast. If you turn out town, and I vote, then the chance the two anti-town that Rand mentioned will jump on it in no time.

And as I already said, I'll do my reread tomorrow. I should have my post up in 20 hours from now if Dragonmount works properly.

We knew he wasn't getting blocked. Other than that this post speaks sense, albeit in a violent and aggressive fashion.

Ok...so I can apparently only get on DM on my phone when at my house. This poses to be a problem since I'm going to be gone most of the weekend and I don't know when these issues will be resolved.

My thoughts are pretty much what I said earlier...I honestly think Hallia is mafia. She's content to go along with trains, but was hesitant on a cyan lynch when cop said she was mafia. Other than that a lot of fence sitting. I want to hear from her though and I'm hesitant to place a vote when I don't know if I'll be able to check in. We need to think through this and we need to hear from silent people as well. Of course they may be having the same issues with getting online.

@mod...I don't know if the issue will be resolved soon. If you wish to find a replacement for me to make sure things can keep going, that is fine...not trying to drop out, but it's hard to be active due to technical issues.

The last time you pushed on me this hard, you flipped mafia, and I'm wondering if you're not one again.  I didn't hesitate, I merely asked first her thought on why I would be mafia, as you can see.

I'm Ishy. Announcing that your going to choose someone random Rand is a good way to get them to choose random too I suppose.

And actually I'd prefer to go for Hali over Niel. Niel pings but it feels more like he's just not paying enough attention to actually form opinions on people. I am by no means defending him, Niel if you dont have time to play properly then dont sign up. But I think either Hali or Niel are mafia so I'm gonna go with Hali... Niel could be third party.

I almost forgot Maw was in the game. Awful quiet. Care to share thoughts?

Vote Hali

Could I get some reasoning as to why you think I'm mafia?

Vote WBK

...Did you really just say that. Just because he wasn't right before does not disqualify him from being right this time, or from being wrong. Your statement is completely invalid.

At the moment I'm mostly feeling bad about Hallia because she didn't vote Chuckles at first. I'll do a partial reread (last 15-20 pages) tomorrow and give more thoughts. Now I'm off to bed.

Do you mean Cyan? This is what stood out to me. Hallia was hesitant to vote cyan after Rand viewed her. Hallia has also been fence sitting quite a bit. Fence sitting always makes me feel nervous.

Yes I meant Cyan. I was posting that at 10:45 PM...

>We lost our cop!

Hm...

This sounds like a load of bullsh*t. "We lost our cop!" No shit Sherlock. First, we did not KNOW WoT was framed until Rand got Cyan. We just suspected it. Next, we did not know ANYTHINg about a bodyguard, nor did we know ANYTHING about him getting blocked or not.

I am not voting yet, but the only reason I'm holding back is because 3 people is reached really fast. If you turn out town, and I vote, then the chance the two anti-town that Rand mentioned will jump on it in no time.

And as I already said, I'll do my reread tomorrow. I should have my post up in 20 hours from now if Dragonmount works properly.

Overly aggressive response. We did know that Rand got framed when I made my post, obviously, so don't get your point there. We know Rand didn't get blocked because he posted so (he was surprised about not having been blocked). The beauty of lynching me is that I'll still be around to give you hell for it. And you'll have lynched a townie. Both of which won't do you or town any good.

Ok...so I can apparently only get on DM on my phone when at my house. This poses to be a problem since I'm going to be gone most of the weekend and I don't know when these issues will be resolved.

My thoughts are pretty much what I said earlier...I honestly think Hallia is mafia. She's content to go along with trains, but was hesitant on a cyan lynch when cop said she was mafia. Other than that a lot of fence sitting. I want to hear from her though and I'm hesitant to place a vote when I don't know if I'll be able to check in. We need to think through this and we need to hear from silent people as well. Of course they may be having the same issues with getting online.

@mod...I don't know if the issue will be resolved soon. If you wish to find a replacement for me to make sure things can keep going, that is fine...not trying to drop out, but it's hard to be active due to technical issues.

The last time you pushed on me this hard, you flipped mafia, and I'm wondering if you're not one again.  I didn't hesitate, I merely asked first her thought on why I would be mafia, as you can see.

>>> 

I'm Ishy. Announcing that your going to choose someone random Rand is a good way to get them to choose random too I suppose.

And actually I'd prefer to go for Hali over Niel. Niel pings but it feels more like he's just not paying enough attention to actually form opinions on people. I am by no means defending him, Niel if you dont have time to play properly then dont sign up. But I think either Hali or Niel are mafia so I'm gonna go with Hali... Niel could be third party.

I almost forgot Maw was in the game. Awful quiet. Care to share thoughts?

Vote Hali

Could I get some reasoning as to why you think I'm mafia?

Vote WBK

Oh wow.

"last time you made a case on me you were mafia. Are you again" and "I asked the one viewed guilty by the cop why she was voting me, which is why I didn't vote this person yet"

Two of the worst reasons I've ever seen in mafia history.

vote Hallia

I do agree with Ley here but want to hear more from Hallia before placing a vote.

Your fence sitting is noted.

I have no solid reads on anybody. My gut is making me suspicious of Ley, though. So VOTE LEY.

I'm not sure really Kronos, I had just started with RTE. I had planned on looking at several. However, this is the first time I have been able to get online in awhile. I'm also only on my phone for the weekend so I'll do my best to look at others. It'll take me awhile, but I will be doing that today.

lol Maw.

You make a post, call out RTE twice and Hallia once, and you seem to feel like they said things that were really weird, and then you proceed to vote me based on a gut feeling?

The only reason I think you're town is because mafia wouldn't be so stupid to do that.

Ok...I'm still feeling pretty strongly that Hallia may be mafia and that's just where Im sitting right now. I'm leaning towards town with Kaylee and have a null read on almost everyone else. Haven't heard from song in awhile, and don't know song well enough to know if she is scarce over the weekends. Does anyone know if that's the case or she might be having trouble getting access, because I'd really like to hear what she has to say before voting.

Because really, nowhere in this full game, you gave reasons why you would find me suspicious.

Nope. Which is exactly why I'm suspicious of you.

You're good enough at this game to be able to play a moderate game, keep your head down, and not draw too much flak. And my gut says not to trust you. And I tend to trust my gut.

So your case on me is that I haven't done anything scummy?

Is this just a smart mafia play (trying to make me think you're town because you give a bad reason, as we got freaking 100 pages to get information from), or not-so-smart town play?

Also I think mafia is already voting. With 3 people at L-2, they could easily pounce and vote...the lack of voting activity makes me feel that way. Song could also be mafia and scum is waiting for that vote.

Now that's just silly, me being mafia. You throwing doubt on what the confirmed townie said is interesting.

Mafia is probably not all voting. I'm guessing one is voting and one is waiting to throw the hammer down. It makes sense for there to be two members left.

I'm going to do a reread quickly, but I'm probably going to vote here in a bit to move the game along as its gotten quite stale.

Btw I do have weekends off so I tend to be lesse active, I play a lot of mafia at work, but I was actually having connection issues this weekend. I am usually more active towards end game on weekends but DM has been silly.

UltimateShowdown2_zpsfc8674c8.png

Before playing mafia in the BT you must R&U in the following thread and in your PM.  This is simply a method of checks and balances to assure that everyone has a better mafia experience in the future.  Thank you for your cooperation here is the link: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/76939-mafia-at-the-black-tower-what-we-expect-from-players-of-our-games-please-ru/?do=findComment&comment=2670620

Rules:

1 Read every scene. 

2 Vote in bold and red.  Unvote before revoting.  Vote at the bottom of your message.

3 Do not quote any private messages that we share.

4 Do not talk about this game outside of this game.

5 Days last 72-96 hours.  Nights last 24-36 hours.  I will extend deadlines as needed.

6 You may edit to your hearts’ content.

7 You may vote no lynch and self vote.

8 I will replace inactive players without warning or prodding.

9 Do not submit any revealing information post mortem.  You can submit one post cheering your team of choice.

10 Submit all actions in a PM or on a QT.

11 No two characters are from the same series (historical does not count). 

12 Alignment is related to character.

13 To avoid conflict there are no religious characters. 

14 Several of the more powerful roles implemented in this game are created by me.  It is both experimental and complex.  This game has been balance checked by 5 people and none are certain which way it will go.  All is in the hands of the players.

15 One more thing.  Posting the official video will get you in trouble.  Please don't do it.

The following are roles that I have created.  I tell you this to create purer gameplay.

Godfatherizer: Chooses one player nightly.  When viewed that player shows a false reading for role or alignment.

Death gifter: Grants several people abilities upon their passing

Sacrifice: Dies instead of another player (lynch or NK) on the phase of their choice.

Ability Thief: Borrows the abilities of the player they target for that night (player still has their own use, if x shot ability has been used up then this player gets nothing)

Bloodsucker: Nightly kill.  Twice the individual may permanently gain some of the powers from the person they kill. 

Redoubler: for every 2 votes on the individual the power of their vote raises by 1

Dreaming God: the player has six named powers at their disposal (psychological, manipulative, festive, rebirthing, diverse, restful).  One must be used each day/night cycle.  The player personally wins upon using all abilities.

Every other role comes from here:

http://wiki.epicmafi...=Template:Roles

http://wiki.mafiascu...=Category:Roles

Cast:

1. Lenlo - Titania (A Midsummer Night's Dream), Town Neighbor Lynched Day 1.

2. Misheru WBK

3. Smiley - Hannibal Lectar (Hannibal), Mafia Targeted Janitor Killed Night 2.

4. TinaHel Cyan - Ishmael Forsaken (Dragonmount), Mafia Godfatherizer Killed Day 4.

5. Leyrann

6. Mawthrex

7. Basel - Jeff Goldbloom (Actor), Town Backup Killed Day 3.

8. Dap - The Oracle (Matrix), Town Vanilla (2 shot oracle) Killed Day 1.

9. RTE

10. Turin - Mr. Rogers (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood), Town JoaT Killed Night 2.

11. Ithi - Dr. Gregory House (House MD.), Town Bi-phase Doctor (1 shot rolecop) Killed Night 2.

12. Cloud Kaylee

13. Niel an' Tyomn - Optimus Prime (Transformers), Town Bodyguard Killed Night 4.

14. Lolguy - Czar Ivan IV (History and Lore), Mafia Roleblocker Killed Day 5.

15. Bgrishinko - Cthulhu (The Weird Tales), Third Party Dreaming God Killed Day 3.

16. WoT - Vin (Mistborn), Town Neighbor Lynched Day 2.

17. TG - The Witch King of Angmar (The Lord of the Rings), Mafia Goon (Absorber) Killed Night 2.

18. Ruh - Santa Claus (Folklore), Town Death Gifter Killed Night 2.

19. Hally

20. Tiink Dap 2.0 - Mahatma Gandhi (History), Town Sacrifice Gone Night 3.

21. Red - Mechagodzilla (Godzilla), Mafia Anti-JoaT Killed Day 3.

22. Song

23. Rand - Liam Neeson (Actor), Town Strong Willed Cop Killed Night 5.

24. Dice - Tiberius Julius Caesar Augustus (History), Town Redoubler (1 shot Gladiator) Lynched Day 3.

Extras:

1. Tiink

Posted this to remind of who is still alive, and what roles have gone. I noticed when looking at this that the Bloodsucker is still alive. I find that interesting since there has only been one NK. Targeting the same person perhaps, but curious. I then remembered Ley had brought up the role after not having a NK early game. (I can't remember the phase now).

I didn't really have the chance to say it earlier - The day went that fast I also forgot it a bit while reading through it - but aren't we supposed to have not one, but two nightkills? One from the mafia and one from the Bloodsucker? This would mean that either they targeted the same person and that person was protected by the Doc, or there is some other sort of protection. Now this "other sort of protection" only came up to me while writing this post. Anyone thinks it might be one of those powers from the Dreaming God? And if not, what DO you think it was? Only other thing I could think of would be the Bloodsucker actually being the mafia who would send in the night kill.

(also, DO NOT read this like I want a reveal. I don't. Stay hidden with such a role. Well, except if you are the only winner if you win. In that case we'd like to know so that we can lynch you :P )

The bold: he here mentions the Bloodsucker, after there having been no kills during the night. The underlined struck me as possibly trying to figure out why his kill didn't go through. (This is going with the theory that the first one to mention it is usually the one to have the role). He then goes on to speculate about the Dreaming God.

Black and Bold: Now speculating that they might be on the mafia team?

Red, what I meant, was that there should (I think) be two night kills in the game. One for the Bloodsucker from the OP, and one from the mafia. As some players have catched a nice amount of flak (is that the right word?) already, it's not unlikely those two kills and the doc protection will have been all to those few players, yet now I wondered, what is the chance that all of those three - Bloodsucker, Mafia and Doc - all hit the same target. Conclusion: Either this happened, or there is more protection than only the Doc, and I was thinking about the Dreaming God maybe giving protection of some sort. I was asking others what they were thinking about that.

About that FoS for me, it's now scummy to say it's likely the Godfatherizer is going to target the one whose alignment is doubted most, and therefore most likely to be viewed?

Bold: Here you say, again, that you think it is separate from mafia. (As I agree since giving them two nightly kills seems overpowered). Feels like fishing for the Dreaming God. Wondering why your kill didn't go through?

[Opening Post]

Posted this to remind of who is still alive, and what roles have gone. I noticed when looking at this that the Bloodsucker is still alive. I find that interesting since there has only been one NK. Targeting the same person perhaps, but curious. I then remembered Ley had brought up the role after not having a NK early game. (I can't remember the phase now).

I didn't really have the chance to say it earlier - The day went that fast I also forgot it a bit while reading through it - but aren't we supposed to have not one, but two nightkills? One from the mafia and one from the Bloodsucker? This would mean that either they targeted the same person and that person was protected by the Doc, or there is some other sort of protection. Now this "other sort of protection" only came up to me while writing this post. Anyone thinks it might be one of those powers from the Dreaming God? And if not, what DO you think it was? Only other thing I could think of would be the Bloodsucker actually being the mafia who would send in the night kill.

(also, DO NOT read this like I want a reveal. I don't. Stay hidden with such a role. Well, except if you are the only winner if you win. In that case we'd like to know so that we can lynch you :P )

The bold: he here mentions the Bloodsucker, after there having been no kills during the night. The underlined struck me as possibly trying to figure out why his kill didn't go through. (This is going with the theory that the first one to mention it is usually the one to have the role). He then goes on to speculate about the Dreaming God.

Black and Bold: Now speculating that they might be on the mafia team?

Bold: Here you say, again, that you think it is separate from mafia. (As I agree since giving them two nightly kills seems overpowered). Feels like fishing for the Dreaming God. Wondering why your kill didn't go through?

Red, what I meant, was that there should (I think) be two night kills in the game. One for the Bloodsucker from the OP, and one from the mafia. As some players have catched a nice amount of flak (is that the right word?) already, it's not unlikely those two kills and the doc protection will have been all to those few players, yet now I wondered, what is the chance that all of those three - Bloodsucker, Mafia and Doc - all hit the same target. Conclusion: Either this happened, or there is more protection than only the Doc, and I was thinking about the Dreaming God maybe giving protection of some sort. I was asking others what they were thinking about that.

About that FoS for me, it's now scummy to say it's likely the Godfatherizer is going to target the one whose alignment is doubted most, and therefore most likely to be viewed?

(okay, it seems Kaylee's last sentence was lost, but it's just above my post)

About the underlined, why would I, if I were the Bloodsucker try to figure out, in game, why my kill didn't get through? I mean, no one would be going to help me anyways, as Bloodsucker doesn't really sound like a Town role.

Black and bold: I'm sorry, but what's wrong with speculating? I'm just not sure about this, and wondering what other people think.

And about fishing for the Dreaming God, I said in my first post, that, while I was theorycrafting about what the Dreaming God could be, I didn't want him to reveal.

Archived