DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

Have a good search RTE.

Also @ Maw: I'm not sure where sitting on the fence would be benificial for third party, and therefore I'm not sure why you see it as scummy play. As mafia, I always tried to play with a town mindset, and I noticed in the WWII game, that I could just play like a Town if there was scum that could die without my team/me having a disadvantage. If I would be third party I would play the same as when I was town. If all mafia are out, then you can just keep on killing until they find you. And this is also why I have a bit the feeling that us taking every post of the other might be useless, even though I'm going to continue to save RTE some effort. We're just trying to convince him that the other is not town, but a scum-hunting third party with a night kill, who would appear town because of his scumhunting. Because it's clear from him not hammering one of us is the Bloodsucker. Hammering a non-bloodsucker namely wins the bloodsucker the game.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See Ley your post highlights some inherent issues here.

First, it would be in the third party's best interest to scum hunt to look as town as possible, although try to avoid coming across as a power role to avoid being NK'ed.

However, the alternative to that is just lurking around.

So based on that, can still be either you or Maw. Starting my review.

RTE, Kaylee, Ley, Hallia, WBK, and I were on Cyan's train.  I am confirmed town obviously.  This leaves RTE, Kaylee, Ley, Hallia, and WBK.    Out of these 5, 2 are anti-town.  I know this from a 1-shot analyzer I got when the gifter died.  Also, lolguy is mafia and I am on a viewing role.  vote Lolguy

Getting out all this information now just in case I get NKed this night.  I initially viewed Time (who was town but I viewed as mafia), then Dap (who already died and is town), then Cyan (obviously mafia), and now lolguy (who is as I just said mafia).  My 1-shot analyzer has been used up.  Hopefully this will help you guys out.  Remember 2 out of RTE, Kaylee, Ley, Hallia, and WBK.  With 4 antitown dead, 1 about to be, and two in this train, that makes 7 anti town in a game of 24, which I think is all thats left, so lynch from the following five only.  Also, assuming that we get this lynch today, and 1 person dies each night after this, we will have 7 people tomorrow, 2 of them mafia.  We can only mislynch once, assuming that the two mafia are on the same team.  However, lets assume worse case scenario which is that.  Lynch lolguy today, and then we can finish up the rest.  Assuming I die tonight, (and because I may not be able to check in later) good luck town.

Maw, why would you not immediately quote this post?

Cast:

1. Lenlo - Titania (A Midsummer Night's Dream), Town Neighbor Lynched Day 1.

2. Misheru WBK - Woodstock (Peanuts), Town Vanilla (Daily Vote Nuller) Random Killed Day 6.

3. Smiley - Hannibal Lectar (Hannibal), Mafia Targeted Janitor Killed Night 2.

4. TinaHel Cyan - Ishmael Forsaken (Dragonmount), Mafia Don Killed Day 4.

5. Leyrann

6. Mawthrex

7. Basel - Jeff Goldbloom (Actor), Town Backup Killed Day 3.

8. Dap - The Oracle (Matrix), Town Vanilla (2 shot oracle) Killed Day 1.

9. RTE

10. Turin - Mr. Rogers (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood), Town JoaT Killed Night 2.

11. Ithi - Dr. Gregory House (House MD.), Town Bi-phase Doctor (1 shot rolecop) Killed Night 2.

12. Cloud Kaylee - Mystique (X-Men), Mafia 2-Shot Ability Thief (1 extra shot) Killed Night 6.

13. Niel an' Tyomn - Optimus Prime (Transformers), Town Bodyguard Killed Night 4.

14. Lolguy - Czar Ivan IV (History and Lore), Mafia Roleblocker Killed Day 5.

15. Bgrishinko - Cthulhu (The Weird Tales), Third Party Dreaming God Killed Day 3.

16. WoT - Vin (Mistborn), Town Neighbor Lynched Day 2.

17. TG - The Witch King of Angmar (The Lord of the Rings), Mafia Goon (Absorber) Killed Night 2.

18. Ruh - Santa Claus (Folklore), Town Death Gifter Killed Night 2.

19. Hally - Queen Elizabeth (History), Town Beloved Random Killed Day 6.

20. Tiink Dap 2.0 - Mahatma Gandhi (History), Town Sacrifice Gone Night 3.

21. Red - Mechagodzilla (Godzilla), Mafia Anti-JoaT Killed Day 3.

22. Song - Rand Al'Thor (The Wheel of Time) , Town Balefirer (angreal) Killed Night 6.

23. Rand - Liam Neeson (Actor), Town Strong Willed Cop Killed Night 5.

24. Dice - Tiberius Julius Caesar Augustus (History), Town Redoubler (1 shot Gladiator) Lynched Day 3.

VC Day 1

Official Vote Count:

Lenlo(12/12):  Niel, Maw, TG, Tina, Basel, Red, Rand, RTE, Mish, Len, Turin,

Song

Ithi (1/12): Tiink 

Rand (7/12):, Ruh, Ithi, Ley, Hally, Kay, Chuckles, Dice

Not Voting (3/23):

Smiley, BG,

Night 1 – No Kill

VC Day 2

Final Vote Count: 

WoT (12/12): Rand, Mish, Dice, Chuckles, RTE, Basel, Tiink, Maw, Ruh, TG, BG, Ithi

Not Voting (10/22):

The other people who are currently alive.

Night 2 - Ithi, Turin, Roo, TG, Smiley

VC Day 3

Final Vote Count:

Dice (7/7): WBK, DaP, Maw, Rand, Ley, Hally, Song

Niel (1/7): Kay 

Not Voting (5/13):

Cyan, RTE, Niel, Chuckles, Dice

Night 3 – Dap

Day 4 VC

Official Vote Count :

Cyan (6/6): Rand, Ley, Hally, WBK, RTE, Kaylee

Not voting: (4/10)

Cyan, Maw, Song, Chuckles,

Night 4 – Niel (for Rand)

Day 5 VC

Official Vote Count:

Chuckles (5/5): Rand, Song, Hallia, WBK, Maw 

Not Voting (4/9): 

RTE, Kay, Ley, Chuckles,

Night 5 – Rand

Day 6 VC

Final Vote Count:

WBK (1/3): Hally

Hally (3/3): Ley, WBK, Kaylee

Ley (1/3): Potato

Not Voting (2/7):

RTE, Song

Result: Hally, WBK killed.

Night 6 – Song, Kaylee

Whew! That was the most work I've ever done, and I guess I'm not done yet. If I lose this game for town, which I won't, it wont be without one hell of an effort this time. Now let's step back and look at this. I also need to look up what an analyzer does and consider what powers the bloodsucker may have stolen based on the double NK nights.

Any help? Maw, please respond to my last post. Town or not, you should have quoted that right away as it seems to add legitimacy to your claim.

Ahh I missed some bolds and stuff...

Wait, I can edit in this game! Weeeee!

And since I'm town, I don't care if I do. Double weeeeee.

I'd like to add whichever of you was town made a big risk letting me be last vote. I kinda wish I played that beautiful, perfect game, but nah, I'm not the bloodsucker. And he must not win. If anything, I owe it to Lenlo! :P

I was so paranoid I went back and check, just to be sure.

This thread is too quiet now. I miss people. I wonder what is going on in the QTs...

Dead/Town QT: RTE DON'T F*CK IT UP! AGAIN! OR WE WILL BAN YOU FROM ALL MAFIA GAMES!

Mafia QT: Let's see what the dumbass does this time.

:rolleyes:

RTE, Maw, I know there is no reason to trust me, but I'm asking you to make a sort of truce. As you can figure out from what Rand has said, I'm the other anti-town, the Bloodsucker.

Now, this truce I want to make, is the following. I got a gift when Santa died, which gave me the power to fully absorb someone's role. I have done this with the Dreaming God. Next to my own win condition of "be the last man standing", I now also have a personal (so not affecting others) win condition of "use all Dreaming God powers". I am willing to not kill every night, and only use my Dreaming God powers, and then you can lynch me after I met my personal win condition, having both me and the Town win this game.

The only conditions to this are 1) We must be allowed to vote no lynch and 2) I must be allowed to send in no kill.

unvote vote no lynch

And now I'm off to bed and I'll see tomorrow morning if you accept. And I promise on my word as Black Tower Lightie I won't betray you. For me, it does not matter if I kill one of you or just leave you both alive, but it does matter for town. And why have one winner when you can have ten?

Ok, so the two nights (and their respective phases) it seems most likely that the bloodsucker hit are:

VC Day 2

Final Vote Count: 

WoT (12/12): Rand, Mish, Dice, Chuckles, RTE, Basel, Tiink, Maw, Ruh, TG, BG, Ithi

Not Voting (10/22):

The other people who are currently alive.

Night 2 - Ithi, Turin, Roo, TG, Smiley

and

Day 6 VC

Final Vote Count:

WBK (1/3): Hally

Hally (3/3): Ley, WBK, Kaylee

Ley (1/3): Potato

Not Voting (2/7):

RTE, Song

Result: Hally, WBK killed.

Night 6 – Song, Kaylee

Also worth pointing out is Dap's sacrifice here:

VC Day 3

Final Vote Count:

Dice (7/7): WBK, DaP, Maw, Rand, Ley, Hally, Song

Niel (1/7): Kay

Not Voting (5/13):

Cyan, RTE, Niel, Chuckles, Dice

Night 3 – Dap

Next post will discuss these.

Also I am NOT trying to trick you, as I myself would get really mad if I would get talked into a "we can both win" by a third party while it's not true two times in a row. And I would understand if you got mad, and it's just a game. Games aren't meant to get mad about or make others mad about.

Well, you just saved me a lot of time.

I am willing to not kill every night, and only use my Dreaming God powers, and then you can lynch me after I met my personal win condition, having both me and the Town win this game.

The only conditions to this are 1) We must be allowed to vote no lynch and 2) I must be allowed to send in no kill.

unvote vote no lynch

And now I'm off to bed and I'll see tomorrow morning if you accept. And I promise on my word as Black Tower Lightie I won't betray you. For me, it does not matter if I kill one of you or just leave you both alive, but it does matter for town. And why have one winner when you can have ten?

See, here's the thing. That second to last sentence. It doesn't matter to you. It doesn't. So how can I trust you? If you can answer that,  you live. I am 99% sure you cannot convince me to let you live. Why?

Also I am NOT trying to trick you, as I myself would get really mad if I would get talked into a "we can both win" by a third party while it's not true. And I would understand if you got mad, and it's just a game. Games aren't meant to get mad about or make others mad about.

This. Yes, you're right. about everything you wrote here. I am not mad at all. I don't see why I would be? At all... Seriously.

Anyways, right now every other person who played this game is reading this and is going "RTE won't make the same dumbass mistake twice. Not town, lynch him." You know what happened with Lenlo. But let's give you the benefit of the doubt. If you can convince me, which I'm almost sure you can't, you live.

Why? Because why would you trust anyone in Mafia? All I can be sure of is you aren't lying about being the Bloodsucker, because who would do that?

Maw, frankly right now I'm doing all the work for town. Get in here and convince me to not even let the Bloodsucker speak to save his life.

Ley, if I hadn't done the WWII game I'd MAYBE believe you. But I got screwed there by a cunning play and a little mod miracle for Len and his night kill. Why would I let you live? Seriously?

Although, thanks. I was going to spend a lot more time on this. Now I can enjoy the little bit left of my night. That and I won't lose this game for town now. Maw, you suck.

If you lynch me, then town wins.

If you do not lynch me, and I keep my word, both me and town win.

If you do not lynch me, and I break my word, I win.

That's all about it.

But if you don't trust me, I'm willing to do you a promise, that is not just for you, but for ALL town of this game. I have 20 Black Tower points to give out every month. If I break my word, I will give those who were town my monthly points, until everyone got the amount of points he'd have gotten for winning.

Are you okay with it now?

Also, if anyone is wondering, Restive an Psychological are my Dreaming God powers left, and I have to ask Darthe, but the Diverse of last night doubled the power of all abilities, which might make me able to use both next night. I cannot promise anything about those powers, but we already had a Dreaming God power that caused three kills (festive, it killed Santa, Witch King and a random), a Dreaming God power that granted the survivor win condition (Rebirthing), a Dreaming God power that decreased the amount of votes needed for a lynch by one (Manipulative) and a Dreaming God power that doubled next night's abilities (Diverse). I don't know of course what the last two do, but I honestly don't expect kills to come out. If they do, I'll threat it as if I didn't hold my word.

Anyways, my thoughts:

We have a third party who claims not to have to kill town to win. He claims he can have an individual win and let us live while using his last two powers, both of which according to my best guess do not result in either myself or Maw dying.

So, naturally, after WWII I'd call major bull (or too great a risk, frankly) and off him. Like, now. Literally. Boom. Bye bye. Dead. Lynch. Town wins. Streamers, Balloons, RTE saves the day, yadda yadda.

Then, he goes and makes an oath to give us points on the thread. Now, he may be lying about all the rest, but you have to imagine that this isn't something he is lying about. At the same time, if he is, I'm risking losing points for A LOT of people. A lot of VERY ANGRY PEOPLE if I don't make sure I win this game. I'm gonna check on when DL is. I'd love for Maw to make this decision, if he ever shows up, but ultimately I'm the hammer.

Blehhhhhhhhhhh. We win, we get points. We lose, we get points. I mean, it's a pretty tough call sorta.

Now some of you are yelling: NO IT ISN'T THIS IS MAFIA KILL HIM.

But the poor dude wants to live and is offering points if he betrays us. Now I look like the bad guy if I lynch him. Boo. I want to hear if he checks in with Darthe and hear from Maw before voting.

I will also go check the D/L now.

Ok, there's still enough time. I'll let him check with Darthe (although he may lie about what Darthe tells him) and wait for Maw.

I hope some people understand how I feel and don't just think I'm dumb for not immediately killing him. :mellow::unsure: According to him we all get points either way (Except Mafia, you guys just lose :P).

BG he technically should give you points, he owes you :P.

Well, I'm going to be compelety honest here (I don't break my word).

I am forced to kill at Night. However, there is a way that it might still be possible. I'd, again, have to ask Darthe something, as Diverse doubled every night action. However, with some luck, my Bulletproof Vest (I got that when killing BG) can protect me from two night kills that I would aim at myself in one night. With some luck, I can ALSO use both of my Dreaming God powers.

There is still hope for a combined win. :)

Interesting reply from Darthe on the PM (I love mods giving good ideas...).

I can, next night, use both my Dreaming God abilities, and use one kill on myself, which gets absorbed, and one on RTE or Maw, which leaves me and the other of you two alive. Then, we can lynch me the day after (Darthe COULD say that I win, but I don't think he's going to do that) with a 2 majority (yes, I will self-vote), and I met my personal win condition, while the Town is the last party standing.

Archived