DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On page 7. 

Basel is nicer than Locke. I got roleblocked for editing in my first game. RTE, you're lucky, this time. 

Darthe=pingy, acting like a newbie even though he's been playing almost as long as me.

I still don't get the case on Ley; were they on him because he said Day 1 is random? 'Cause I honestly agree with that. I've never found D1 to be useful except in retrospect (i.e. looking back with the lynch in mind to check for suspicious characters). 

Thorum hints mason... 

Has someone else said that Darthe seems off? Who are the 'others'? I don't remember reading that, but I'm stuck on mobile view and so can't easily go back and forth in the game. Basically I' going to have to just try and remember stuff the best I can.

I'm not to keen on people seeming to agree too easily with me either. Makes me wonder what they are up to.

What if people agree with you because you have great powers of observation combined with a shrewd sense of how people work, resulting in a shockingly good ability to case people? Or maybe they're afraid of your Sith powers. 

See, I had this idea when we started the game.  It was risky but at the time it was profitable.  I offered information in exchange for acknowledgement because I wanted to know who would ask and who wouldn't.  Unfortunately, by the time some of you bothered to question me a bit the information that I have became significantly less valuable because of the actions of another player in the game.  However, my (in large part) silence has offered new opportunities to hunt down te mafiaz and so we proceed.  

I would like to take a moment to remind you all that mafia is a game of logic and reasoning.  A lot of the things done either by tradition, rote, or superstition on DM, things that have been built up by long time and your personal relationships with each other, are stupid.  Completely.  In order to find mafia we need to eliminate who those individual could not be as much as we need to mark who they could be.  AKA, you can clear people based on their actions alone, though the thought seems taboo to many here.  These long speeches and cases that have little impact are simple filler material.  A game could have been over in 12-20 pages and yet we still bicker wistfully over things that are by and large irrelevant.  Trust your gut, trust your logic.  If either is faulty share it anyhow.  If both are leading you in the same direction then push it.  Find townies as much as you find mafia.  Cause if we outnumber them we win.

Kill leyrann, he isn't helping the town.

When did you turn into Despo?

Even if you're town, and you have a power role so you're just ultra wary that Wombat might be mafia and can somehow use the word in a negative way against townies, you're still making yourself stand out that much more by not saying it. Plus, this doesn't really make any sense given the context of the word. It was a shibboleth used to ferret out German spies, and I think it's pretty obvious who will be the mafia in this game.

It was? Wow. And I thought I was a WWII buff (it's why I joined the game). In that case, scheveningen. 

Page 14 atm. 

*Staff Mode*

Can I remind you all that once your Lynch is confirmed you are dead, even if the Mod has not had time to post the Scene. You should not post anything other than a Bah! After this point. I have confirmed this with Verb and the other Mafia Staff on DM.

Thank you

*End Staff Mode*

Wow, ok. Lots happened since Thursday morning. Darthe was town, and a tricksy power role to boot. Wombat seems to be pinging town quite hard, as are most of the players, come to think of it. Lenlo is bugging me still, but I can't put my finger on exactly why. More to come in about 24 hours.

See, that totally threw me. When you use pinging and Town together.

I was all hackles up and wondering how on earth you could think that Wombat was pinging, cos to me Pings are Mafia Tells. Luckily I reread your post before I threw a mental at you.

I never played the Mistborn Game because I was quite new at Mafia back then, and didn't know the source material. I did glance over it every now and then and was so glad I didn't play because I could not figure out the metals and actions at all.

Has someone else said that Darthe seems off? Who are the 'others'? I don't remember reading that, but I'm stuck on mobile view and so can't easily go back and forth in the game. Basically I' going to have to just try and remember stuff the best I can.

I'm not to keen on people seeming to agree too easily with me either. Makes me wonder what they are up to.

What if people agree with you because you have great powers of observation combined with a shrewd sense of how people work, resulting in a shockingly good ability to case people? Or maybe they're afraid of your Sith powers.

Welcome to the game Marsh. Unfortunately Darthe seeming all non Town to me because of his odd behaviour, hints and dropped promises, case pushing and Lynch Urging against someone I strongly believed was not Mafia, and having a Role that didn't exist and basically meant any fibs and misleading information he had been giving out could be put down to 'oh but my Role makes me like that' didn't exactly pan out. I'm glad the role is out in the open and out of the game because of it though. But Darthe was actually Town and some form of miller Liar or sommat.

And this is why I don't like people just agreeing with me, without having their own cases and thoughts. It's easy for them to just skate behind me, knowing I'll push a Lynch through. Although the slowness of the Darthe Lynch, after two failed Lynches, made me even more convinced I had it right.

Welp. At least we got a lynch secured. Disappointed more peeps didn't follow me onto Thorum however. I'm pretty sure he's mafia.

Wombat, plays like that is what makes your gib so fancy. That's why I said you were a walkin legend. :wub:

Darthe, sorry your plan didn't work out like you thought it might. But yeah, with that role there's not much you could have done anyways. At least, like you said, you got the whole LD thing out there without the LD having to reveal themselves.

Speaking of which, I am town. I'm so "The Town" Ben Affleck wrote a screenplay about me, then time traveled back and delivered it to his past self. Not sure why he didn't use the time travel device to go back further and prevent "Bennifer" from ever happening.

Also, Ithi is actually pinging "anti town" lately (I had to specify, cause apparently "pinging town" is a thing now /shrug).

Archived