DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS SHADOW]: Black Tower Mafia Game

Gabriel Kross

Unvote

BG, how did you determine Darthe was clear again? I thought there was not a complete clear due to the recruiter and the way your actions took place.

Also, can you explain your role again? you said that you protect but also view. That seems a bit Over powered.

A role is given natural counterbalance. How the game plays isn't the concern of a moderator during setup so if the counterbalance is unfortunately killed early on then one side gains a distinct advantage which can seem "overpowered".

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having view plus protect IS overpowered though. None of the roles we've killed for cult have been strong enough to counter that.

That being said, the remaining one or more left could have one.

BG, have you viewed anyone else? I don't like how you won't tell us unless a train is building on the "wrong" one.

Cult can't recruit and your role is out there, how does it hurt anything to just tell us now?

Having view plus protect IS overpowered though. None of the roles we've killed for cult have been strong enough to counter that.

That being said, the remaining one or more left could have one.

BG, have you viewed anyone else? I don't like how you won't tell us unless a train is building on the "wrong" one.

Cult can't recruit and your role is out there, how does it hurt anything to just tell us now?

The protect isn't OP because his ability is what insures that we can trust him (though it creates it's own WIFOM by this exact argument). Also, cult is more powerful than mafia. It starts weaker but is typically more secretive, doesn't lose people as easily, and has the benefit of eliminating safety in town claims.

vote Turin

If We eliminate BG and Darthe as possible, that leaves Kaylee, Turin, maw, rand and myself. I am starting to think Turin has gone too long with basically 0 pressure.

While this is a possibiltiy, we can't just throw the idea of BG being cult out of the window. I think we should limit this to scumhunting, because if BG is cult, and we believe him, we just lost. I say that we pretend like this is a roleless game and just try to scumhunt as much as possible, which I think will be the best idea.

vote Turin

If We eliminate BG and Darthe as possible, that leaves Kaylee, Turin, maw, rand and myself. I am starting to think Turin has gone too long with basically 0 pressure.

While this is a possibiltiy, we can't just throw the idea of BG being cult out of the window. I think we should limit this to scumhunting, because if BG is cult, and we believe him, we just lost. I say that we pretend like this is a roleless game and just try to scumhunt as much as possible, which I think will be the best idea.

Well, BG's claim is enough that I don't want to vote out someone who could help us avoid mistakes. At the same time, we're kind of looking for reactions at this point, so i figure a play that's kind of out there might yield some results.

Sorry folks, I was pretty sick over the weekend and yesterday and was checking in at the bare minimum.

I lied earlier on to protect my role.

I'm actually a Jack of all Trades. Night 1 I copped Ithi, she was not town. N2 I shot her. I believed Darthe and lied about viewing him earlier on then N3 I viewed him just to be safe.

BG, that makes sense. It also explains your answer about the Ithi kill.

I do have a question which may not be important. I'm on my phone and am not going back however.many pages to check right now. Why use the kill? Did you attempt to get her lynched day 2? Then you could have viewed instead.

So if BG is town, darthe is town barring the unlikely backup recruiter.

Of the others I've been suspicious of Kaylee for lack of input which is getting better and random for his interaction with snow early as well as a few odd comments. Rand has a habit of being not town and his input is well rand-like. That leaves maw. He has been seemingly solid town. He did go after Matty but with reason imo. With the rest if the cult lurking it makes sense someone needed to be active. I think he might be the best bet.

vote maw

I just thought it easier to watch what Ithi did and see if I could gain insight from that. Of course, at the time I didn't know it was cult or mafia. I still knew cult would be around because one of JoaT actions was shrink which protects from recruitment.

All right, that actually makes a lot of sense BG.

I'm really not sure where to go from here.

BG: Pretty strong Town play. Assumed as town to give a starting point.

Turin: Strong townie vibe.

Random: Undecided. Feels town, mostly town actions, but then I feel like he's hiding something.

Rand 2.0: Undecided. Haven't gotten a good read on him. Most notable is his spat with Kaylee that he pulled off of.

Kaylee: Undecided. Fairly low activity and input early, but has improved.

It really seems like the whole game hinges on whether BG is telling the truth. If he has finder ability then we probably can follow him and lynch the remaining bad guys. If not then we are in bad shape. I am presently leaning that he is town as his explanation makes most sense for what happened night 2. Is there any way we can truly vet him?

Random: Undecided. Feels town, mostly town actions, but then I feel like he's hiding something.

Rand 2.0: Undecided. Haven't gotten a good read on him. Most notable is his spat with Kaylee that he pulled off of.

Why'd you leave me off?

Why'd you leave me off?

You just got vetted by BG.

Alright, so apparently we've got less than a day to figure this out. As I'm traveling, I won't have too much time to monitor the game, but I'll check as often as I can.

That being said, can we get thoughts from people who have been quiet recently? I'd like to hear what Kaylee has to say, what Rand thinks, and some more from Darthe. Willing to consolidate if necessary, I'll check back in a bit to see if there's some more activity.

OK, BG that sounds fairly reasonable. The problem is that that you could still be cult because of the recruiting. When did you first claim or hint at a power role?

Also, I'm getting town vibes on Turin and BG right now, and by extension, Darthe. This leaves Kaylee, Maw, and Random to me. Random has been playing scummy, but I think what he's done so far matches his meta. I have a null read on him. Kaylee I still think is cult, and this leaves Maw. I honestly have no idea what to make of Maw. Its not a null read, its a no read, for all I know he could be anything but a jester. Unsure of what to think on him at the moment, but hopefully I'll be able to get a better read later on. So putting my vote Kaylee back on, but looking at Maw and Random right now.

Alright, considering we're up close to deadline, and I had originally voted Kaylee today anyway (her recent activity made me second-guess), but I'm still good on this.

unvote, vote Kaylee

BG, any idea what you're going to do with your action tonight?

Archived