A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Worst Move You've Ever Seen?

Nolder

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Administrator

sd, i saw in the name of the king 2 on netflix last night. you had said so many bad things about the first one i had no choice when i saw it there. it was everything youve said and worse, my god what a horible movie.

What can I say? I know bad movies! :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

The wost movie I have ever seen is named Vampire Assassin, it tries to be a Blade ripoff and fails miserably. The movie have bad plot, acting and dialog to make both your eyes and ears bleed and the blandest music you will ever hear. The film look like a bad You Tube video stretched into a 90 minutes movie. I do not go around and hate the movie, but it is very, very bad, and I normally like low budget B horror movies.

Found a new low! Watched this on Comcast this weekend and it was truelly funny in an unintentional campy sort of way.

" Fertilize the Blaspheming Bombshell "

Its about twin sisters. One twin gets sacrificed by a group of satanists. The twin feels it from across the country and goes to explore her suster's murder. She finds the satanist group and they try to capture her and empregnate her with the "seed of satan".

A couple movie quotes:

"Do you know what that is? It's a pentagram, the satanic sign of evil."

"The number 666.... Do you know what that is? It's the satanic sign of evil."

And all through the movie, the soundtrack sounds like Wink Martindale game show music.

My wife and I jsut started doing a MST3K on it and turned it into a pretty funny comedy.

I actually found the full length movie legally posted on YouTube by the makers of it:

Watch if you dare. :dry:

Worst ever would be a toss up between Manos: Hands of Fate, or Santa Clause Conquers the Martians. I saw both on MST3K and I know Manos in particular was so bad, if I'd actually paid money to watch it in a theater without the snarky MST3K crew I probably would've gone on a cross country shooting rampage or something.

My most hated movie would be Starship Troopers. I originally thought it was OK and even had it on DVD.... then I read the book and smashed the DVD in rage at what they did to one of the best sci-fi books of all time. There is no excuse for it. It was an atrocity. They didn't just change a few things from the book, they basically wrote a completely different story with similarly named characters and one or two similar plot points. It was a total travesty since if they made a movie like the book it would be amazing, and it wouldn't even have been that hard. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Paul Verhoeven didn't even read the book. WTF??? We're talking about the only sci-fi novel that's actually on the reading list at the US military's service academies. It's that good and the director couldn't even be bothered to read it...

Most over-rated piece of crap award goes to Hurt Locker. I'm an Iraq vet and I could fill a book with the inaccuracies in that movie and I only had the stomach to watch for like the first half hour before I turned it off in disgust (it was borrowed from a friend on DVD). Supposedly the guy that wrote it was embedded with an EOD team over there, but if that's the case he must've spent the entire time asleep in his rack or watching movies in the MWR tent. Trust me I could go on and on. The scene where I finally had to turn it off was when he defuses the cluster of artillery shells in the middle of some neighborhood (without a cordon team securing the area, and without wearing his body armor) by pulling them out by the det-cord. Yeah, cause that wouldn't make em go boom or anything...That was the straw that broke the camel's back and from what I've heard it only got stupider, but I wouldn't waste my time.

Restrepo was awesome, but it was an actual documentary with real soldiers, not some slapped together Hollywood piece of crap.

Take just the first few minutes of Hurt Locker:

Says it's in '03, but soldiers are wearing ACUs, which weren't issued until '05- Minor, but there it is.

EOD tech is shown disarming a bomb by hand with just his bomb suit. That's a last resort. In reality they most likely would've just cordoned off the area and blown it in place.

Which brings up point number three. Apparently this is the only EOD team in Iraq that doesn't use a security team. In reality the area for about 500m-1km around would've been completely cleared and a perimeter set up to keep people away. There certainly wouldn't have been some Iraqi dude standing right there talking on his cell phone. For all the knew he could've been the trigger man. Cell phones are one of the most common detonators for IEDs.

Related to the security team point, there is NO WAY a three man team in one HUMVEE would be driving around Baghdad alone- even in the Green Zone, especially not in '03. They would've been traveling in at least a two or three vehicle convoy with someone manning the gun on all vehicles.

Privates do not speak to officers, much less Field Grade (Maj and above) officers like they're talking to Joe Blow from down on the block. For that matter neither do NCOs except maybe Sergeant Majors.

When Jeremy Renner's character is disarming the bomb in the middle of the street, again, no security. There's Iraqi civilians everywhere, any one of which could've been the trigger man. And when that dude pulls up in the car like he's going to run him over, he wouldn't just pull out his pistol and engage in a staring match, the security element would've either stopped him or just blasted him into the next life. He certainly wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the bomb site.

There was a lot more, those are just the ones I remembered; there are more but I don't plan on re-watching it so I can remember what they are. Like I said, I turned it off after about twenty minutes because I couldn't take it any more.

Don't get me wrong, I love action movies. The problem I have is when they try and portray something as being ultra-realistic and accurate and then don't even come close. Just close enough to fool people who have no idea what the reality is like.

The basics. He is a fat slob that won't wear a belt. When he grosses out his roomates girlfriend with his buttcrack, the roomatedrops a radio in the tub with him. His sister is a voodoo/witch and resurrects him. He stumbles around with his buttcrack hanging out of his pants, and anyone who sees it becomes a zombie.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude Where's My Car was so terrible I didn't make it through. The Max Payne movie was also genuinely terrible. The movie that most people seem to like that I can't stand is 300 though. If only they'd based it on Steven Pressfield's Gates of Fire instead of some comic book it could have been magnificent, as it is it's just excretory.

• Community Administrator

I disagree on 300, but thats not hte purpose of this thread. :wink:

I was thinking earlier today...

What if Ashton from dude wheres my car and that 70s show were to make a prequal to dude, wheres my car? thats

A) A western

and

B) called "Dude? Wheres my Horse?

Edited by SinisterDeath

I disagree on 300, but thats not hte purpose of this thread. :wink:

No sweat, I know my opinion of that movie isn't popular.

I was thinking earlier today...

What if whats his name from dude wheres my car and that 70s show were to make a prequal to dude, wheres my car? thats

A) A western

and

B) called "Dude? Wheres my Horse?

LOLOLOLOL... This immediately brought the peyote scene from Young Guns to mind.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Name Of The King 2 is pretty horrible. Manos-Hand of Fate is horrible. Had to go with an ex girlfriend once to watch some movie called Troll 2... that was really bad. But in my personal opinion, The Rocky Horror Picture Show is the worst movie ever made.

Its the only movie I paid money for, put in to watch, and then about twenty minutes later took it out, put it back in its case. and threw away. I know it has that whole "cult classic" thing going for it. To each their own I suppose.